Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
saffer said:
My father started and owned "Bellingham and Smith" cricket manufacturers for 15 years. We used to make almost all the bats sold in South Africa including our home brand (B@S) , Slazenger , County , Lazer etc. We (and they still do) used only first grade English willow for 90% of our bats with some lower grade for the kids and clud bats. There is absolutely nothing I don't know about cricket bats. Let me tell you some of the better respected brands couldn't make a criket bat to save their lives and it was almost always outsourced to people such as ourselves. We also made cricket bats for almost all the international teams that came here (port elizabeth) . I have met almost all international cricketers of say 5 -10 years ago including big names like Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. Both bought custom made bats from us. The exception being the Australia cricketers who never visited s , but whom I met anyway through functions etc we were always invited to.. On the factory wall till today they have signed their names and we have a collum preserved where we recoreded all their bat weights. I could quite literally make millions if I wasn't sentimental and sold out all the memoribilia I have on ebay.

Before you go out and pay way too much for a brand you might want to know what to look for in a piece of willow. This includes...

6-8 grains STRAIGHT down the willow, with a "knot" on the top of the splice (harder wood , less breakage in this weaker spots) is basic guideline for a high grade bat. The more grains and closer together the more brittle and hard te wood. A heavy bat meeting this descrition means it's a thicker piece of willow that's been pressed more. Most pro's almost all prefer a fat, lightly pressed bat...making it lighter and "meatier" but more likely to break. I could go on all night but in fear of boring you I won't. Feel free to ask m any questions and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Very informative post. Would be interested in hearing which manufactures you do rate (in particular BAS and GN - as I own both). Thanks

If I understand the question - BAS you are asking for is something like "Beat All Sports" (the Indian company) or Bellingham and Smith

Last edited:
saffer said:
I could quite literally make millions if I wasn't sentimental and sold out all the memoribilia I have on ebay.

My question would be why dont you earn those millions, heck if i were in your shoes, i'd be busy counting the $100 notes as we speak... :Zardari

saffer said:
My father started and owned "Bellingham and Smith" cricket manufacturers for 15 years. We used to make almost all the bats sold in South Africa including our home brand (B@S) , Slazenger , County , Lazer etc. We (and they still do) used only first grade English willow for 90% of our bats with some lower grade for the kids and clud bats. There is absolutely nothing I don't know about cricket bats. Let me tell you some of the better respected brands couldn't make a criket bat to save their lives and it was almost always outsourced to people such as ourselves. We also made cricket bats for almost all the international teams that came here (port elizabeth) . I have met almost all international cricketers of say 5 -10 years ago including big names like Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. Both bought custom made bats from us. The exception being the Australia cricketers who never visited s , but whom I met anyway through functions etc we were always invited to.. On the factory wall till today they have signed their names and we have a collum preserved where we recoreded all their bat weights. I could quite literally make millions if I wasn't sentimental and sold out all the memoribilia I have on ebay.

Before you go out and pay way too much for a brand you might want to know what to look for in a piece of willow. This includes...

6-8 grains STRAIGHT down the willow, with a "knot" on the top of the splice (harder wood , less breakage in this weaker spots) is basic guideline for a high grade bat. The more grains and closer together the more brittle and hard te wood. A heavy bat meeting this descrition means it's a thicker piece of willow that's been pressed more. Most pro's almost all prefer a fat, lightly pressed bat...making it lighter and "meatier" but more likely to break. I could go on all night but in fear of boring you I won't. Feel free to ask m any questions and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.
It was interesting to read it and it was certainly not boring every word was worth reading

I have a question for you. I hope you wouldn't mind

Since most leading brands(GM, GN, Salix and more) are making there bats in India. So who do you rate in todays the best bat maker in terms of quality and craftsmanship?

Thanks

Uncle Sam one guy uis offering Aero P1 Strippers for 35 pounds including delievery. I wiill offer him 30 pounds. Is it okay? his asking price for strippers is 25 whereas rest is shipping cost

jazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

In today's game I saw Sarfraz Ahmed using Gray Nicolls gear. I was wondering how the hell he got sponsored by GN!

Gray Nicolls is certainly going down..

Cover Drive said:
In today's game I saw Sarfraz Ahmed using Gray Nicolls gear. I was wondering how the hell he got sponsored by GN!

Gray Nicolls is certainly going down..

yaar if a player uses a certain bat it doesnt neccessarily mean he is contracted/sponsored by them, he is probably using one of their bats for free lolz... he will need to have atleast one international good outing for anyone to even think/cheer about him forget handing him a contract.

Cover Drive said:
Uncle Sam one guy uis offering Aero P1 Strippers for 35 pounds including delievery. I wiill offer him 30 pounds. Is it okay? his asking price for strippers is 25 whereas rest is shipping cost

jazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

Looking at the pics, I wouldn't offer him a price where the totals (including shipping) goes over £20.00
It's like buying his garbage that could be of a little use to u.

baalti said:
yaar if a player uses a certain bat it doesnt neccessarily mean he is contracted/sponsored by them, he is probably using one of their bats for free lolz... he will need to have atleast one international good outing for anyone to even think/cheer about him forget handing him a contract.
loll yaar it does mean. I don't think it works that way in international cricket..

Uncle Sam said:
Looking at the pics, I wouldn't offer him a price where the totals (including shipping) goes over £20.00
It's like buying his garbage that could be of a little use to u.
Uhmm make sense. I don't think he will ever let them go for 20 pounds loll but if you are saying then I will shoot that offer at him and see what happens

Cover Drive said:
Uhmm make sense. I don't think he will ever let them go for 20 pounds loll but if you are saying then I will shoot that offer at him and see what happens

well .. if he doesn't sell 'em then he can shove 'em up his.

Uncle Sam said:
well .. if he doesn't sell 'em then he can shove 'em up his.
loll...I mailed him and he has declined my offer. I told him that I am a bit hygience as well. But he said he has a local buyer. He also said he can get me new ones for lower price. I am asking him for how much so lets see what he has to say now.

By the way are Addidas Pro Gloves worth for 22 pounds? They are 09 model.

CD - I like your passion on acquiring name brands...too bad I don't have the mullahs to spend on such high quality yet expensive stuff.

has anyone ordered ASV3 bat from assports online?
i dont know if i can trust sending my money to this site so just checking

usman_ash14 said:

I haven't but I have heard that they are reliable and you won't be scammed. ASV3 is one hell of a bat.

You will love it!

usman_ash14 said:
Master_Entertainment ordered stuff worth of $900 so they are reliable. I know few people on other forum who ordered AS V3 from factory who are happy.

No worries it is legit. If I am correct Uncle Sam knows the guy so you might get few bucks off

Last edited:
By the way, Usman Bhai which asspirts are you talking about? The one in UK or AS Factory in Sailkot?

Uhmm after watching Abdul Razzaq today my heart is saying, "Forget English bats, it's all about Pakistani bats!! Especially AS V3!!"

Still confused :S :S

Cover Drive said:
By the way, Usman Bhai which asspirts are you talking about? The one in UK or AS Factory in Sailkot?

assports factory in Salkot
the site is called assports.com

The UK one is pretty similar as well so I got confused between those two

Uncle Sam I emailed you

Man....I want one of those V3's after todays razzq special...CD...yaara do u own one, can u post pics? how much does it costs to get it shipped to US (bat price + shipping)?

Another question: Razaaq seems to have bat with Long handle...is that correct? or V3 comes in only this long handle?

Last edited:
Bouncer said:
Man....I want one of those V3's after todays razzq special...CD...yaara do u own one, can u post pics? how much does it costs to get it shipped to US?

Another question: Razaaq seems to have bat with Long handle...is that correct? or V3 comes in only this long handle?

No bouncer I don't have this bat but at the moment Omair Bhai (xbalilur80) does. I am eager to get this bat after watching Razzaq. But am still confused. People who had ASV3 rated this bat very highly. No one was disappointed with it

I think it is something around $120 shipped to Canada so I don't think there will be much of difference. Usman_ash m14 can confirm this as well as he us on verge if getting one

I think he does have long handle. Since he holds the bat from top of the handle he seems to have long handle because there is enough vacant space below the bottom hand that another hand could be added in there

Cover Drive said:
No bouncer I don't have this bat but at the moment Omair Bhai (xbalilur80) does. I am eager to get this bat after watching Razzaq. But am still confused. People who had ASV3 rated this bat very highly. No one was disappointed with it

I think it is something around $120 shipped to Canada so I don't think there will be much of difference. Usman_ash m14 can confirm this as well as he us on verge if getting one

I think he does have long handle. Since he holds the bat from top of the handle he seems to have long handle because there is enough vacant space below the bottom hand that another hand could be added in there

It is one hell of a bat.....the pick up is very light and has a pretty long sweet spot too. I can't wait to use it.

To answer the shipping question, CD is correct, it will be around $120-$130 to have it shipped to Toronto.

It is the most underrated bat - as per most of the people that I spoke to in Karachi - but gives you a pretty good bang for your buck.

Cover Drive said:
^^I agree with you

I myself am confused which bat I should buy. English or AS V3...

I tell you what?
The bat Razzaq is using is not an AS-V3. Almost everyone in the team gets their bat custom made in UK; however, AS-V3 still remain a very good bat.
If you really wanted the Razzaq's AS-V3, then you need to get hold of Razzaq and try to buy it from him. This is the only way.

Yesterday, I spoke again to J.S. Wright and Sons and they finally opened it up for me. If you buy a batch of 100 ACTUAL G1+ English Willow clefts (£65 each), chances of getting a single cleft of pro quality is less than 1.

But yeah, Razzaq really had an army tank of a bat today.

Cover Drive said:
^^I agree with you

I myself am confused which bat I should buy. English or AS V3...

What do u mean...is V3 not of Grade 1 Eng Willow?

I tell you what?
The bat Razzaq is using is not an AS-V3. Almost everyone in the team gets their bat custom made in UK; however, AS-V3 still remain a very good bat.

Uncle Sam...are u sure his bat is not from AS?

My baby is here ..

This is custom made from my concept of creating a hybrid between a hard ball and a tennis ball cricket bat. Since the bat may be deemed illegal by ICC rules for having a width of nearly 5 inches, I am bound not to disclose the manufacture's name and obviously he didn't put his stickers on it.
Experienced veterans will know right away as to who made it but I am keeping my lips tight.
With a Long Handle, this baby is a flyer of G1+ English Willow at 2.7

Last edited:
Bouncer said:

It is certainly G1 eW. But what I meant to say was English Batmaker or AS V3

Most professional player get custom made bats. The stickers on the bat are just sponsor stickers they are not actual bat stickers

I have seen Mohammad Yousuf bat saying CA on the edge whereas I have also seen Mohammad Yousufs bat saying TON on the edge

Uncle Sam said:
I tell you what?
If you really wanted the Razzaq's AS-V3, then you need to get hold of Razzaq and try to buy it from him. This is the only way.

Yesterday, I spoke again to J.S. Wright and Sons and they finally opened it up for me. If you buy a batch of 100 ACTUAL G1+ English Willow clefts (£65 each), chances of getting a single cleft of pro quality is less than 1.

But yeah, Razzaq really had an army tank of a bat today.
Never mind.....

But thanks though

Bouncer said:

Yes Bouncer I have met Razzaq few times and I can confirm his bat is actual AS V3 bat made in Pakistan sialkot by AS.

Dont listen to ppl like that who completely write off pakistani brands because in 2008 asia cup Virender Sehwag used a MB Malik. You can probaly still see the pictures of his bat on cricinfo.

Last edited:
If u don't have any proof of international players using different bats from their sponsors then people should not post about them having different bats. Because these companies pay them lots and lots of money to promote their kit and some people here post crap here by saying their using different bats and this affects their sales. And some manufacturers do take legal proceedings against such posters who do not have proof.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
If u don't have any proof of international players using different bats from their sponsors then people should not post about them having different bats. Because these companies pay them lots and lots of money to promote their kit and some people here post crap here by saying their using different bats and this affects their sales. And some manufacturers do take legal proceedings against such posters who do not have proof.
Majid Bhai have a look at these two pictures. Have a close look at the edges

http://www.cricinfo.com/pakvwi/content/image/267731.html?object=43650
http://www.cricinfo.com/betting/content/image/267680.html?object=43650

Majid_V3 said:

legal proceedings against the poster? ahaha thanks for the laugh.

Recently few warnings were given to some posters on another forum who were saying Ricky Ponting was using a different bat from his manufacturer/sponsor Kookaburra without any proof or evidence. This is not a laugh

Last edited:
For example :inzi used CA bat all his life and CA have paid him lakhs n lakhs of rupees for doing it and If they read someone saying hes using a completely different bat without any proof. This can affect CA sales. Do u think they will happy with someone posting stuff like that?

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Yes Uzair I know abt Yousuf he did briefly used CA and SS bats when his sponsor was GN btw you can say hes using CA/SS because you can see in the pictures. But without evidence or proof don't u think its wrong to say openly on a forum? Forum read by thousands of people and it can have affect on that brands sales.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Yes Uzair I know abt Yousuf he did briefly used CA and SS bats when his sponsor was GN btw you can say hes using CA/SS because you can see in the pictures. But without evidence or proof don't u think its wrong to say openly on a forum? Forum read by thousands of people and it can have affect on that brands sales.

I agree with you Majid Bhai. I have also seen Yousuf using CA 10000 Plus bat.

usman_ash14 said:
Uncle Sam
Have you ever ordered from Assports.com
the guy who mailed me is Khalid Javed

Yes, I did in the past and he is currently processing a special custom made bat order for me. My experience with them has been good.

Uncle Sam said:
Yes, I did in the past and he is currently processing a special custom made bat order for me. My experience with them has been good.
How much are you getting custom made bat for?

Does he give any additional discount with your reference because I remember you once told someone on PP who were buying AS stuff and you gave them your reference then they got further discount. Is it true?

$200.00
The regular AS-V3 are around $150.00 shipped to United States.
Yes, Khalid was kind enough to provide a lil discount on my reference to someone who bought a bat from AS. I have been dealing with AS for a little over 15 years.

CD.. did you check my hybrid?

Majid_V3 said:

This is an ongoing debate and everyone has to make his own perception.
There is no point proving each other wrong or acting as if you know better than anyone else.

If you talk about a "proof" for example ... The counter argument is as good. Is it a proof that Chris Gayle actually uses an Ihans bat just because he has a sticker on it? Or Chris Gayle and some leading Indian batsmen use Reebok bats JUST because they have a sticker on the bat while Reebok is not in bat manufacturing business? Some batsmen have used a Nike bat, Is Nike in manufacturing business. No.
I remember a few years ago Dean Jones was interviewing Shahid Afridi in a ground and they talked about Afridi's bat.. Afridi showed his bat and said. I prefer 2.7 and don't care about the # of grains ... when the camera was flashed over the "Malik Sher Amin stickers".. Afridi said: And here are the 'stickers' of my sponsor.

On the other hand, Yes, there is a very strong probability that quite a few Australian players may use Gray Nicolls bat and use their original stickers since the biggest and best name in pod shaving world, Stuart Kranzbuhler works of Gray Nicolls Australia and many Australian players are seen at this work shop.
So it's each to his own... You may guess but you will probably never know.
And please provide a source or a link to the news where some internet user was officially warned by Kookaburra for voicing his opinion.

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
$200.00
The regular AS-V3 are around $150.00 shipped to United States.
Yes, Khalid was kind enough to provide a lil discount on my reference to someone who bought a bat from AS. I have been dealing with AS for a little over 15 years.

CD.. did you check my hybrid?
$200 including shipping?

Ohh okayy if I opt out to buy AS V3 then would you give me your reference?

Yes, I did see it. It looks quite impressive. But one thing I was wondering that since it is hybrid which is for both hardball and tapeball won't the bat break after getting a ball around 90 mph odd mark? The grains look aweseom whereas the bow is amazing! I was stunned after seeing that bow in the bat.

If you don't mind can you tell us the price of this bat?

By the way, is this Vantage bat?

Uncle Sam and others check this bat out. It is new addition to Ihsan's bat range. This bat is huge in 2.12!!

P1010515.jpg

P1010516.jpg

P1010520.jpg

Last edited:
2'13 is ridiculous.

The bat looks monstrous though, Sher-like edges. :afridi

Cover Drive said:
$200 including shipping?

Ohh okayy if I opt out to buy AS V3 then would you give me your reference?

Yes, I did see it. It looks quite impressive. But one thing I was wondering that since it is hybrid which is for both hardball and tapeball won't the bat break after getting a ball around 90 mph odd mark? The grains look aweseom whereas the bow is amazing! I was stunned after seeing that bow in the bat.

If you don't mind can you tell us the price of this bat?

By the way, is this Vantage bat?

It's not primarily made for playing with tape ball since the willow is hard pressed and fully knocked in to make sure that hardball will travel quite fast when hit with vengeance. I just thought about the idea of making a hardball bat on the design of a tennis ball bat :)

The price is $250.00 shipped to United States and no it's not a Vantage bat.

And yes, I will talk to Khalid if you decide to buy an AS-V3.

Poison said:
2'13 is ridiculous.

The bat looks monstrous though, Sher-like edges. :afridi
sher amin's have quite thick edges around 2.9ish. Imagine if Sher was around 2.13ish then this bat would have been nothing in front of that.

uncle Sam this bat (last picture) kinda look liks your custom G2 Vantage bat

Uncle Sam said:
It's not primarily made for playing with tape ball since the willow is hard pressed and fully knocked in to make sure that hardball will travel quite fast when hit with vengeance. I just thought about the idea of making a hardball bat on the design of a tennis ball bat :)

The price is $250.00 shipped to United States and no it's not a Vantage bat.

And yes, I will talk to Khalid if you decide to buy an AS-V3.
Ohh okayy sounds interesting. Honestly I have thought about that as well but just in my mind though

Ohh okayy do you mind hinting where is the bat maker based?

Alright I might decide soon so once I do then I will let you know

Also is there a difference between AS V3 willow and the custom willow you are talking about (from AS)?

curious: uncle sam do u own a store? or do u have some involvement in manufacturing of bats? reading ur posts makes it clear u r not an avg fan discussing bats :)

baalti ... No, I don't own a store. It's just a hobby. I love collecting high quality bats and let them go after keeping 'em for a lil bit and finding the right buyer... and there is no intend of bragging but I have played first class cricket in Pakistan and represented All Pakistan college elven vs All Sri Lanka College eleven in an international match (that was in 90's). I do have a profile on Cricinfo but keeping myself anonymous on these internet forums due to privacy matters.
This bat collecting hobby sometimes can turn quite pricey if you got too much to spend .. I know a friend who owns about 50 of very high end bats. His collection is estimated to be well over £20,000.00..... haina pagal log?

thanks for clearing it out...

and pagal sirf tabhi when they can't bat and have that many lolz... or when u can't afford (financially) and you still buy them...

me being a bowler, i dont really go nuts over having numerous amount of bats... i did go bonkers about the Inzi 329 when i saw it, and bought it in a heartbeat... it was that damn good...

Uncle Sam said:
baalti ... No, I don't own a store. It's just a hobby. I love collecting high quality bats and let them go after keeping 'em for a lil bit and finding the right buyer... and there is no intend of bragging but I have played first class cricket in Pakistan and represented All Pakistan college elven vs All Sri Lanka College eleven in an international match (that was in 90's). I do have a profile on Cricinfo but keeping myself anonymous on these internet forums due to privacy matters.
This bat collecting hobby sometimes can turn quite pricey if you got too much to spend .. I know a friend who owns about 50 of very high end bats. His collection is estimated to be well over £20,000.00..... haina pagal log?
Achaa so you have played a international match as well. That's interesting to hear.

Uncle Sam one thing my mom aswell say is that, "haasabb mat karoo!". I would say once you have spent money then don't reflect just thank ALLAH (SWT)

Since I started playing cricket collecting cricket stuff became my hobby as well. I like to have sets such as bat, pads and gloves of same range. But I wish to have all style of pads such as traditional, moulded, non-moulded light weight etc. The GM Original LE pads I had ordered are lost so let's see what I will buy. I think if I buy then I would go buy GM Original D30 Pads and Gloves as I am looking to try out new technology d30

Majid_V3 said:
Recently few warnings were given to some posters on another forum who were saying Ricky Ponting was using a different bat from his manufacturer/sponsor Kookaburra without any proof or evidence. This is not a laugh
this is a huge laugh. how naive are you? i will blatantly state that players use bats from various bat makers and then sticker them up. maybe this would encourage youngsters reading this thread to buy a bat that fits them properly, rather than drool over every players bat when realistically that player is not even using that bat model!
please do send the bat makers my way to issue warnings.

ca_gold your clearly not mature enough to understand this. Ppl like you just like to guess which actual bats players are using. If u still think this is a laugh then I suggest you should post on cricket equipment forum and say stuff like this on there. Big manufacturers like adidas, kookaburra 7 GN do monitor cricket equipment forums and you will be warned by admin and if u continue being a clever dude then some manufacturer can take action against you. And stop acting like a primary skool kid who just thinks/guesses without any clue or proof and tells everyone at skool that is true and expects everyone to agree with you. This is not a laughing matter. Most manufacturers take this seriously.

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
This is an ongoing debate and everyone has to make his own perception.
There is no point proving each other wrong or acting as if you know better than anyone else.

If you talk about a "proof" for example ... The counter argument is as good. Is it a proof that Chris Gayle actually uses an Ihans bat just because he has a sticker on it? Or Chris Gayle and some leading Indian batsmen use Reebok bats JUST because they have a sticker on the bat while Reebok is not in bat manufacturing business? Some batsmen have used a Nike bat, Is Nike in manufacturing business. No.
I remember a few years ago Dean Jones was interviewing Shahid Afridi in a ground and they talked about Afridi's bat.. Afridi showed his bat and said. I prefer 2.7 and don't care about the # of grains ... when the camera was flashed over the "Malik Sher Amin stickers".. Afridi said: And here are the 'stickers' of my sponsor.

On the other hand, Yes, there is a very strong probability that quite a few Australian players may use Gray Nicolls bat and use their original stickers since the biggest and best name in pod shaving world, Stuart Kranzbuhler works of Gray Nicolls Australia and many Australian players are seen at this work shop.
So it's each to his own... You may guess but you will probably never know.
And please provide a source or a link to the news where some internet user was officially warned by Kookaburra for voicing his opinion.

Uncle Sam this is just your theory trying to work out which bats players are using and ur using false facts to prove ur right but ur clearly not.
Abdul Razzaq was using AS bat the yesterday he had burnt in AS stamped on the side of his bat and shape was similar to AS v3 bats and it sounded and pinged like a AS v3. You dont have any proof that he wasnt using an As v3 so stop posting things like this. Because this affecting AS bats sales. And ur suppose to be a friend of this khalid from AS. Do u think he will happy to read this kind of stuff abt them.
Btw I have seen that Afridi video. He would have to complete fool to say that his bats are not MB Malik. No player will ever say hes using different bats from other manufacturers. Afridi has used SS ton bats with MB Malik stickers but the one on the video he showed to dean jones was a genuine MB malik with burnt in side logos.

Cover Drive said:
Achaa so you have played a international match as well. That's interesting to hear.

Uncle Sam one thing my mom aswell say is that, "haasabb mat karoo!". I would say once you have spent money then don't reflect just thank ALLAH (SWT)

well... this is where the difference in opinion may come into play, and obviously we are entitled to have our own opinion.

In my opinion, There is an extremely powerful "haasabb" .. and being a follower of Islamic faith "Taqwa" is important.
Famaeyn yamal misqala zarratan sharriyan yarah chapter 99 verrse 8... .. yaani zarray zarray ka hisaab hoga ...

I asked an Aalam, Ya sheikh, what is this "Zarra" that Quran talks about here ... Sheikh replied: If you are in a dark room and a ray of sunlight beams thru a window, you see weightless particales of dust flying in that beam ... one of that weightless dust particles is perhaps a "zarra" or even smaller than that... wallah aalam

The purpose of this note is not to scare anyone off but it's a reminder to myself and all my friends here that Allah is aware of our deeds no matter how small they are.

So yeah, we should try to keep a balance between our spending... for example... it will be equally good to donate the same amount of money that we spend of our "shoqe" to a poor and struggling family in Pakistan and forget about "Haasabb" with Allah.

Majid_V3 said:
Uncle Sam this is just your theory trying to work out which bats players are using and ur using false facts to prove ur right but ur clearly not.
Abdul Razzaq was using AS bat the yesterday he had burnt in AS stamped on the side of his bat and shape was similar to AS v3 bats and it sounded and pinged like a AS v3. You dont have any proof that he wasnt using an As v3 so stop posting things like this. Because this affecting AS bats sales. And ur suppose to be a friend of this khalid from AS. Do u think he will happy to read this kind of stuff abt them.

You still didn't get it, did you?
Is it a proof that Abdul Razzaq's bat's ping "SOUNDED" like an AS-V3 and hence he was using an actual AS bat?
My young friend, as I said before ... the argument goes both ways and its equally good, there is no need to argue but if a textual debate on the internet highlights a moment in your life than I rest my case ... you win the argument. :)

Oh yaar ur not getting what I am tryin to say. If Razzaq's bat had custom made sticker Made in England like my GM bat then u can say he wasnt using AS bat but without that its wrong to say he wasnt using an AS v3 . Btw am more in the right in saying this yaar u have to find proof like pictures then u can start saying he was using a different bat. so plz stop posting like this when ur just guessing. yaar dont take this as personal insult

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
well... this is where the difference in opinion may come into play, and obviously we are entitled to have our own opinion.

In my opinion, There is an extremely powerful "haasabb" .. and being a follower of Islamic faith "Taqwa" is important.
Famaeyn yamal misqala zarratan sharriyan yarah chapter 99 verrse 8... .. yaani zarray zarray ka hisaab hoga ...

I asked an Aalam, Ya sheikh, what is this "Zarra" that Quran talks about here ... Sheikh replied: If you are in a dark room and a ray of sunlight beams thru a window, you see weightless particales of dust flying in that beam ... one of that weightless dust particles is perhaps a "zarra" or even smaller than that... wallah aalam

The purpose of this note is not to scare anyone off but it's a reminder to myself and all my friends here that Allah is aware of our deeds no matter how small they are.

So yeah, we should try to keep a balance between our spending... for example... it will be equally good to donate the same amount of money that we spend of our "shoqe" to a poor and struggling family in Pakistan and forget about "Haasabb" with Allah.
Asalamalakium,

Few weeks ago I asked a similar question to local Imam.

My question was:

Asalamalakium Brother,

I have heard people saying that one can't spend on themselves more than their needs in Islam. Crossing your needs limit is Haraan or sin. I am very fond of cricket! I love to buy equipments. So rather than having one pair I have around three so are the rest two pairs haaraam?

JazakALLAH Khair

Brother answer:

Wa alykum Al salam

The concept is called "israaf" meaning wasteful "spending in vain money, energy, time, etc"
A Muslim is supposed to live a balanced life. We all have "israaf" one way or another like
- over eating
- prolonging our showers leaving water running
- spending
- smoking
Etc

However, Allah said "I love to see my bounty on my slaves" meaning we should have clean bodies, clean cloth, and we should avoid stinginess "bokhl" which is opposite to "israaf"

The question one should ask himself is
- do I over spend and never give the poor
- do I spend and never spend on islamic knowledge
- do I over spend and never help those who ask me

People are different. I had a sister who has an average job for example who decided to give me $1,000 to allocate to my next book publication and the printing of one of my lectures on DVD's. A millionaire contributed by buying 10 of my books in support of Da'wa at $150. A Multi Millionaire gave me $5 for da'wa :)
Now we kind of understand why the poor enter heaven 500 years before the rich as our beloved prophet said PBUH.

I remember I visited a family one who had domestic disputes where the wife and the husband been fighting intensely, the daughters are lost on a dark path, and the son rarely comes to visit. They called me for help. I went and spent three hours helping them communicate, heal, and calm down. At the end of the night the husband offered me "kabob" and rotti "bread" I rarely eat outside my home or at peoples home. I was however hungry and decided to eat. I learned later that the wife was very upset that I ate the bread. She lives in a $600,000 paid up house :)

To answer your question my good friend, you must ask yourself what do you spend in the way of Allah ! And if your answer is satisfactory then you can have 10 shoes but if the answer is not then even one shoes is questionable.

People have different inner degrees of understanding and connecting to Allah. Wealth is both a bounty and a test. You can look good, buy expensive clothes, entertain your hobbies, live and enjoy but never forget to give in the way of Allah. Once you do, you will not need to ask that question.

I decided that my contribution will be mainly through endless hours of giving khutbah, lectures, and preparation and writing books. What is your contribution through this short journey called life !

May Allah show you the way

I hope it helps! As long one is giving in path of ALLAH (SWT) and is buying stuff for himself then it is acceptable. Whatever one give in path of ALLAH (SWT) is upto him. There are some people who don't want to express it or expose it. If one is proud on what he give for sake of ALLAH (SWT) then everything goes in vain

jazakALLAH Khair

Uncle Sam and others 38 Pounds (posted) for Salix Pod 1 Black V1 Gloves. Worth?

Please let me know what you guys think..

JazakALLAH Khair

Majid_V3 said:
Afridi has used SS ton bats with MB Malik stickers but the one on the video he showed to dean jones was a genuine MB malik with burnt in side logos.

When was that? Can u post the clip ?

Uncle Sam said:

Uncle Sam, just wondering, how do you sell your bats? Do you sell them via ebay, word of mouth etc?

Bouncer said:
When was that? Can u post the clip ?
I'll try n find the afridi bat interview it was on utube but its not there anymore. Afridi said in the interview with Dean Jones "he thinks the balance of the bat is most important and he used lighter bats 2.9 when he batted in australia or England and when in pakistan he would use slightly heavier bats upto 2.11. And the bat he showed to Dean Jones was original MB Malik bat.

Last edited:
nitrous said:
Uncle Sam, just wondering, how do you sell your bats? Do you sell them via ebay, word of mouth etc?
It is very easy to sell bats now :)

There are few forums whereas you can list them on local classifieds. Both are very good

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
ca_gold your clearly not mature enough to understand this. Ppl like you just like to guess which actual bats players are using. If u still think this is a laugh then I suggest you should post on cricket equipment forum and say stuff like this on there. Big manufacturers like adidas, kookaburra 7 GN do monitor cricket equipment forums and you will be warned by admin and if u continue being a clever dude then some manufacturer can take action against you. And stop acting like a primary skool kid who just thinks/guesses without any clue or proof and tells everyone at skool that is true and expects everyone to agree with you. This is not a laughing matter. Most manufacturers take this seriously.

i agree with uncle sam. you still dont get it.

btw kamran akmal was using a grey nicolls here right?
http://www.cricinfo.com/pakvaus2009/content/image/401025.html?object=41028;page=4

ca_gold said:
i agree with uncle sam. you still dont get it.

btw kamran akmal was using a grey nicolls here right?
http://www.cricinfo.com/pakvaus2009/content/image/401025.html?object=41028;page=4
Huh what u on about now. I already know he has used CA and SS Ton bats with Gray Nicolls stickers. But you are right here you can say Akmal is not using a genuine GN bat bcoz he has CA bats stickered up as GN. And that is proof u can clearly see the CA on the side but without proof its wrong to say. I dont think you will ever understand so just move on.

http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=645
http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2843
http://www.cricketsupplies.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=3052
Here are few topics on which ppl were warned about players bats . There was one recent topic when someone tried to say Sachin was still using his MRF and not adidas he was warned twice by admin not to say stuff like that without any proof.
If you say a sponsored player using another sponsors equipment you can be busted. If u prove it then its ok but you can still get done even if you have proof. Companies don't like you saying a player doesn't use their gear as it makes there brand seem not good enough for pros! and it affects their sales.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:

There are few forums whereas you can list them on local classifieds. Both are very good

Any links to forums where bats are sold?

Cheers

nitrous said:

Usually it's word of mouth. My circle of friends and acquaintances kinda know that I do not buy usual/normal stuff that's available penny a pound.
And yes, I have occasionally used Ebay which I think is not a bad place to sell your stuff but kinda iffy place to buy good quality stuff due to too many interested parties which closes the price negotiation door with the seller.

Brother ca_gold, Uncle Sam and others I think we have misunderstood Majid Bhai. I think he is right without having any proof we can not comment on anything. In that case you (ca_gold) presented a proof whereas Majid Bhai agreed upon you saying you are right. But in Abdul Razzaq's case if you have no proof that Abdul is not using AS bat then you are kinda presenting shoddy image of AS.

Even our Religion teaches us we can not comment on anything until we haven't seen it. For example, I can not say a person who lives in another city smokes and drinks alcohol although people surrounding me say that he does. I can not comment or say that he does until I see him doing that.

Hope it clears all the confusion.

Also guys all of you are each other brothers so don't get angry at anyone. Be calm and patience, please don't get rude or harsh to anyone.

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks for reading my post
Much appreciated

Cover Drive said:
Brother ca_gold, Uncle Sam and others I think we have misunderstood Majid Bhai. I think he is right without having any proof we can not comment on anything. In that case you (ca_gold) presented a proof whereas Majid Bhai agreed upon you saying you are right. But in Abdul Razzaq's case if you have no proof that Abdul is not using AS bat then you are kinda presenting shoddy image of AS.

Even our Religion teaches us we can not comment on anything until we haven't seen it. For example, I can not say a person who lives in another city smokes and drinks alcohol although people surrounding me say that he does. I can not comment or say that he does until I see him doing that.

Hope it clears all the confusion.

Also guys all of you are each other brothers so don't get angry at anyone. Be calm and patience, please don't get rude or harsh to anyone.

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks for reading my post
Much appreciated
nice:14:

Cover Drive said:

Please send me some as I need to move 3 of my bats.....you have my email right?

C6 looks juicy... what's the weight like?, and see if u could get a few more profile pics ... I am trying to see how good is the bow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back