Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
not playing club cricket for past 2-3 yrs, hence no main bat, just some avg practice bats which are almost ready to be tossed out... i forgot to bring my bats from Pakistan, got 2 custom made for 30k rupees, and forgot them there (due to dada's passing away)... i will wait a while to see if someone can bring em over... and that my cousins dont use/abuse them lolz...

the grains look nice... the brown spot on the handle (into the heart of body) doesnt look promising, but apart from that looks a good/decent bat from looks of it... the price mate i would recomend getting a bat from Pakistan/India (have a relative buy it for u, since u r buying from UK and have no personal feel for it) might aswell get it from back home, u can definately get a better bat in that price range. but if that is not an option, than this bat looks ok minus that handle brown spot i mentioned...

oh just had another look at the pics and the bat's body is very flat for my liking mate... thora bohat toh curve hona chahiye its just missing that bow/curve... hence making me predict that the handle will be stiff (non-flexible)... get the person to give u more pics of it from back, and a few other angles and a zoom in on that handle's brown spot... agay app ki marzi hai... now its not looking all that enticing for the price...

cover drive compare that bat to this one mate....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=120528907576

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CA-Plus-10000-Re...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item1c10152d38

u r looking at a better bat (better price, nice handle, good curve/bow)... new seller (dicey), stickers are fake (look at the far right pic of bat, lower part towards the toe, CA sticker is backwards, lolz)... but stickers dont determine how the bat performs... if u or anyone else do think seriously about this bat (i repeat its a new seller on ebay, so be cautious, ask enough questions, and pay by credit card - if any shortcommings u have a chance of getting ur money back)

than there is this bat, although cheap, user has good feedback 100%, even though bat has reebok stickers, its a crap bat, as the seller is hiding the grains by facing mask, looks shabby, and it prob wont last long... maybe an avg practice bat...

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Reebok-Super-Dri...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3a5795df81

and with this bat its just a pic from net...not of the bat u get, hence these should be avoided....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250558825634

avoid harrow sizes unless u r 10 yrs old etc...

english willow nurtured in India/Pak means, its Kashmir willow...

Last edited:
Asalamalakium Brother,

Ohh okay where did you get those custom made bats from? I mean which company?

The grains do look pretty decent and this bat looks like it is grade 1 EW although it is somewhere between G1 and G2. The grains are really straight and are evenly spread apart. Since it is not G1 EW the price seems to bother me a bit. If it was around $130-$150 then I would pick it up for sure. Actually mate lately I am looking to get a good English bat. I have CA 12000 Plus and MB Malik Bubber Sher so lately I was looking to get an English bat. InshALLAH I will be going Pakistan in summer so I will be getting 2/3 bats for myself. Most likely I will be getting CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition, AS V3 (for sure InshALLAH) and Ihsan Inferno 950. InshALLAH I will buy AS for sure although I am not sure about other two. Since I already have two Pakistani top bats so it was English bat turn. I appreciate for your advise and yes you are right in that price I can get a better bat. As I said earlier price is bothering me a bit

Yes this bat is pretty straight although to me it seems more like an opener bat. I believe that straight bats tend to be openers bat rather than lower order batsman. In that price I can get G! custom made. Actually it is one of my club mates bat so I was talking to him about bats and he said if you are interested take this. I am not keen to get this bat rather for same price I can go for G1 EW.

When I first saw pictures that stain on the handle area did bother me as well. I told him about that and he told me that it is just handle colour so he didn't really give alot of attention to it.

I agree with you bow/curve is missing in this bat. Atleast there should be a slight bow/curve in the bat so that ball could go a bit further but it is not there.

I think I might go for Solitaire...

baalti said:
cover drive compare that bat to this one mate....

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=120528907576

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CA-Plus-10000-Re...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item1c10152d38

u r looking at a better bat (better price, nice handle, good curve/bow)... new seller (dicey), stickers are fake (look at the far right pic of bat, lower part towards the toe, CA sticker is backwards, lolz)... but stickers dont determine how the bat performs... if u or anyone else do think seriously about this bat (i repeat its a new seller on ebay, so be cautious, ask enough questions, and pay by credit card - if any shortcommings u have a chance of getting ur money back)
Mate the first one is not working but the second one doesn't seem to be original.

Also I am pretty sure this bat is fake since it is new seller etc although I could be wrong as well but I have a feeling it is fake

WoaHH!! a thread about cricket equipement withh 12 Pages!! COOOL! u ppl shud really know alot about cricket equipment...will ask b4 i buy any cricket equipment :jm

Cover Drive said:
Mate the first one is not working but the second one doesn't seem to be original.

Also I am pretty sure this bat is fake since it is new seller etc although I could be wrong as well but I have a feeling it is fake

seller had a good feedback but i also told u that its prob fake coz of its stickers backwards... (see my post ;) ) however just comparing this bat in pictures to the one u posted it looked better... how both would fare while holding in hand, is a complete different story... so in the story of pics... the CA bat has better bow (hence sweet spot) and handle...

baalti said:
seller had a good feedback but i also told u that its prob fake coz of its stickers backwards... (see my post ;) ) however just comparing this bat in pictures to the one u posted it looked better... how both would fare while holding in hand, is a complete different story... so in the story of pics... the CA bat has better bow (hence sweet spot) and handle...
As I said ealier the first link is not working whereas the second one had original picture on the front page so...

There are CA bats out there which have proper stickers and proper sticker(s) position but yet are fake. Some even have those small shiny silver stickers but are still fake

Uhmm CA does have good handles whereas some such as Ihsan they don't have good handle. I heard Inferno's handles are weak but lately they have come out with much improved version. My CA 12000 is not performing up its mark yet perhaps it require more knocking but as I play it will improve and get better day by day

Nice on-going conversation on bats. Keep it up as I will be buying a new bat soon and will for sure go through this thread before getting one. Uncle Sam and Cover Drive, how many runs do you guys actually score with the bats? (jokes) :inzi

lol kriketer ... awesome question !!!
Yes, now thats a whole different story of being a bat collector or a bat admirer than actually scoring a lot of runs with these high end bats. Trust me, it's a "laanti" and quite expensive hobby.
Anyway, my highest in the last season was 97 in under first 11 overs of the innings ... included 11 sixes and 3 fours. This score sheet is available on the internet but I am slightly skeptical in revealing my name etc at forums.

Uncle Sam said:
Yes, now thats a whole different story of being a bat collector or a bat admirer than actually scoring a lot of runs with these high end bats. Trust me, it's a "laanti" and quite expensive hobby.
Anyway, my highest in the last season was 97 in under first 11 overs of the innings ... included 11 sixes and 3 fours. This score sheet is available on the internet but I am slightly skeptical in revealing my name etc at forums.

lol I was just joking bro. Even I suck at batting but I love to own expensive first grade english willow bats.

^^ Well, it could also be a business ... like a really small one on a side ... I have sold every bat that I bought purely on my own love, kept it for a lil time with me and let it go when I find the right buyer.

Uncle Sam said:
Orite, share some more detailed pics and let us know how the ping is like once u get it.
I did not place an order yet InshALLAH I will be doing it soon. Just need clearance from my mother :)

I will keep you updated

If you want my email here it is: m_uzair36@hotmail.com (If you wish I can talk to you over emails)

Last edited:
Kriketer said:
Nice on-going conversation on bats. Keep it up as I will be buying a new bat soon and will for sure go through this thread before getting one. Uncle Sam and Cover Drive, how many runs do you guys actually score with the bats? (jokes) :inzi
I have got two G1 bats and I got them after the season ended so I did not score anything with them yet :p

Uncle Sam said:
^^ Well, it could also be a business ... like a really small one on a side ... I have sold every bat that I bought purely on my own love, kept it for a lil time with me and let it go when I find the right buyer.
You are right. I know few people who get bats from Pakistan and England and later they sell them for almost double the price.

The only time I list my bats is when I am replacing a low quality bat with good/better quality bat.

Uncle Sam said:
Just out of curiousity which bat was that?

Kriketer said:
lol I was just joking bro. Even I suck at batting but I love to own expensive first grade english willow bats.
:))

I like to have a bat from each brand/company :p

Cover Drive said:
Just out of curiousity which bat was that?

Believe me or not, it was a third class Kashmir willow BDM bat probably in harrow size that I burrowed from a friend but boy the cricket ball looked like a soccer ball to me that day. I turned into a maniac and broke hell loose on them bowlers.... I overheard this indian slip fielder whispering to the wicket keeper.... "ye bh**od pagal ho gaya hai kai? LOL

Uncle Sam said:
Believe me or not, it was a third class Kashmir willow BDM bat probably in harrow size that I burrowed from a friend but boy the cricket ball looked like a soccer ball to me that day. I turned into a maniac and broke hell loose on them bowlers.... I overheard this indian slip fielder whispering to the wicket keeper.... "ye bh**od pagal ho gaya hai kai? LOL
HELL NO!!! :O :O :O

Woow mann I just can't believe that you and Kashmiri Willow!! :O

Ahh mann it was disappointing that you didn't score a century that day :(

yep, Greatbatch earned some fame for the kiwi team in 92 world cup where he scored a some quick slogging runs, all in 60 yard home grounds. This bat may be a sponsored one but it surely looks like an L&W.... man these are the bats you wanna get your hands onto. General public like you and me never see the willow that is used making some of these bats for professionals.

Uncle Sam said:
yep, Greatbatch earned some fame for the kiwi team in 92 world cup where he scored a some quick slogging runs, all in 60 yard home grounds. This bat may be a sponsored one but it surely looks like an L&W.... man these are the bats you wanna get your hands onto. General public like you and me never see the willow that is used making some of these bats for professionals.
But he is from NZ so getting an L&W bat won't be a problem. They probably get one for free

Yeahh man when I meant MoYo back in 2008 at NCA I saw few players practicing such as Nasir Jamshed and several others. I should have had look at there bat(s) but at that time I was not fond of bats or equipments. And when I meant MoYo in 2007 he came back from practice and I asked him about his equipment and he said he gets it from England.

Uncle Sam we need to find a sifarshii person who can get us a bat or two which was used by professional(s)

Have you ever got any professional bat(s)?

Even when Pakistan team came to Canada in 2008 I saw players from really close when they were practising and even shook hand with few. Even then I was not fond of bats. But I remember during practice that time I saw YK with UT Sports bat :S

Uncle Sam did you have a look at this bat?

How does it look?

Worth for $170? If it was around $120-$150 I would grab it but for $170 not really am I right?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 530
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 550
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
^^ I think u gotta pretty good review by baalti on this one .... this one is hardly attractive to me either.
lol at sifarsh to get a bat ... Saj usually meets and greets quite a few international icons and I tried to ask him a couple of times (by posting here and or trying sending a PM which doesn't work) to get me a bat from Collingwood, Afridi, Pieterson etc but he never cared to reply... plus personally it's hard to get hold of these players while we are in the U.S/Canada.... and I tell you what ... this bat craze has recently picked up since there have been extra ordinary improvement in today's modern bats and the the older ones .... I remember Zaheer Abbas's bat that I once had .. it was not light yet thin like a plank in contrast to for example today's Afridi's bat which is a tree trunk at 2.7

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
^^ I think u gotta pretty good review by baalti on this one .... this one is hardly attractive to me either.
lol at sifarsh to get a bat ... Saj usually meets and greets quite a few international icons and I tried to ask him a couple of times (by posting here and or trying sending a PM which doesn't work) to get me a bat from Collingwood, Afridi, Pieterson etc but he never cared to reply... plus personally it's hard to get hold of these players while we are in the U.S/Canada.... and I tell you what ... this bat craze has recently picked up since there have been extra ordinary improvement in today's modern bats and the the older ones .... I remember Zaheer Abbas's bat that I once had .. it was not light yet thin like a plank in contrast to for example today's Afridi's bat which is a tree trunk at 2.7
Uncle Sam being honest with you without lying to you my dad used to work in PIA and these managers (Talat Ali, Mohammad Ahmed etc) used to work in PIA along my dad and were pretty safe with my dad. So when I met MoYo in 2008 at NCA was due to Mr. Ahmed who made MoYo to meet me. That way I meant MoYo otherwise I would have never met him. When I met him in 2007 it was on roadside. I had MoYo cellphone number for quite long but after few months it always got changed. Even then I was not fond in bats. Now I regret that if I had those opportunity now then I would ask or buy atleast one professional bat. But didn't happen. Now I am after my dad again and am telling him to call Ahmed who was with Pakistan on Australia tour. So lets see what happens

I am pretty sure PM system works when you send it to a MOD(S). Not sure why this is happening with you.

I agree with you that it is hard to get hold of these players but once you get there number you can ask your family (if you have) back home tell them to pick it up if it goes. loll

I always think about these wired scenario although they seem quite impossible loll :))

I once read a post by itsmek1 and he said that he was gifted a bat by a player not exactly sure which player it was (Arafat or someone else...not sure though). So we can request for pictures and see how "low baller professionals" bat look like loll

Fawad_Bhai said:
WoaHH!! a thread about cricket equipement withh 12 Pages!! COOOL! u ppl shud really know alot about cricket equipment...will ask b4 i buy any cricket equipment :jm
loll... There are lots of cricket equipments forum out there as well. I guess PP should set up a cricket equipment section as well just like they have for Time Pass, Intro etc

Ohh another thing Uncle Sam, Blaati Bhai and others one of my club mate has slightly used Newberry UZI. It is 1-3 years old model. I am not sure how good Newberry bats are. So if he plans to sell it and if I plan to buy it then what do you guys think I should offer him. Its in 2.12-2.13.

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

Please let me know

Uzair, Newbery are best pressed bats in England. Btw here are most recent pictures of my bats :gul
Image0039.jpg

Image0033.jpg

Cover Drive said:
Ohh another thing Uncle Sam, Blaati Bhai and others one of my club mate has slightly used Newberry UZI. It is 1-3 years old model. I am not sure how good Newberry bats are. So if he plans to sell it and if I plan to buy it then what do you guys think I should offer him. Its in 2.12-2.13.

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

Please let me know

2.13 is slightly heavy plus 3 years old? I am not sure.
Do you know what model is it? 5 Star, Players or SPS?

There are couple of 'em for sale and some more are coming today, I will keep you posted. Newbery are pretty good stuff .. specially the B52 Bomber in SPS.
But look at the edges of the one in the middle ... its UZI 20/20.. with an inch longer handle and an inch shorter blade.

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair, Newbery are best pressed bats in England. Btw here are most recent pictures of my bats :gul

Image0033.jpg

Good stuff majid ... long time no see ... how u been?

What's the deal on this GM Icon? Looks pretty cool.

Uncle Sam said:
2.13 is slightly heavy plus 3 years old? I am not sure.
Do you know what model is it? 5 Star, Players or SPS?

There are couple of 'em for sale and some more are coming today, I will keep you posted. Newbery are pretty good stuff .. specially the B52 Bomber in SPS.
But look at the edges of the one in the middle ... its UZI 20/20.. with an inch longer handle and an inch shorter blade.

I am not sure which one it is loll

Are you selling them? Which one out of three is the best one? I mean 5 Star, Players or SPS?

How much does the middle one weighs? It is beast! :afridi

Do you mind emailing me at m_uzair36@hotmail.com if you are selling them because lately mods have been giving out warning of advertisment lol

My Sher Amin unfortunately is in at the local cricket shop for repairs :( I played with it in a club match on the weekend and it sustained a fair bit of water damage on the front, being sanded and sleeved and doubtless it will be the same Beast :afridi

No, I am not personally selling them but someone else is, so it shouldn't be terms of violation.
SPS models are the flagship of Newbery. The one in the middle is a UZI 20/20 SPS in 2.12... the other two (left and right) are basically illegal by ICC standards due to having this C6+ carbon core handles.

Uncle Sam said:
No, I am not personally selling them but someone else is, so it shouldn't be terms of violation.
SPS models are the flagship of Newbery. The one in the middle is a UZI 20/20 SPS in 2.12... the other two (left and right) are basically illegal by ICC standards due to having this C6+ carbon core handles.
loll yeah I know but we can play with it since we play at club level

Do you mind telling me who is selling them and for how much?

Poison said:
My Sher Amin unfortunately is in at the local cricket shop for repairs :( I played with it in a club match on the weekend and it sustained a fair bit of water damage on the front, being sanded and sleeved and doubtless it will be the same Beast :afridi
Ahh which one? The new one or old one? I hope it is old one

Mate always have a cheap bat with you. You never know when it might rain so it is better to play with cheap bat rather than regretting later

Meanwhile my Ihsan Inferno and CA Plus 5000 are doing awesome! CA I believe produce the best bats in terms of balance of weight and middle, and the ping is absolutely amazing!

I agree with you. CA balance is just perfect no doubt about that

Last edited:
I used it in a friend's GN Fusion bat, it's a fully hallow carbon handle.. It felt awesome as the monster bat felt super light... apparently these handles weren't a success (even though already banned by ICC) due to being of a very poor stability... soon as I got out of the nets, my friend went in to bat and at the third ball he faced, the blade flew into the net while the broken hallow carbon handle remained in his hands... GN does provide a free cane handle replacement when you break one of their hallow carbon handles. (you must pay one side shipping).. later GN came with Fusion 2 .... a very expensive bat (pro performance or player edition) with a solid 12 piece cane handle ... I had one of those.

Newbery's carbon core is not a complete hallow handle but a removable core... as shown in the pic, yet still banned by ICC

But is Newbery's good in terms of quality and performance? The guy who I bought the gloves for is saying he has one for £180 + p & p but I will bargain a bit on this price

How does it sound?

Personally I have never used Carbon handle bat so I am not sure if I should get it or not

Above picture is how Newbery carbon handle bat is? So it is removeable right?

CD, your friend whatsontotty is kinda making fun of you on the other website ... i think u r not aware of this site but its indeed a good site ,.,... better than CSF... you can advertise your cricket stuff totally free and there are good buy/sell transactions here, totally free !!... I will email u the link and u can join.

"whatsontotty : Mike, a friend of mine is possibly looking for a c6+ but he is out in Canada ? could you help him out if so let me know. Email me the price across and i will speak to him however hes a bit of a pleb so more than likely he wont buy, p&p is around £25-£30."

Last edited:
JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks Uncle Sam watch what I will do with this moron now loll

Once again thanks

Now I will never buy anything from this guy.

did u check that GM Icon in majid's pics? I am kinda curious whether it's a genuine GM product or some other bat being stickered up ? the profile looks fat and juicy !!!

By they way, I will let you know prices of these C6+ bats (prolly around £200.00) and will introduce you to the seller as well. He has promised me to provide pics of another UZI 20/20 SPS with 42 mm thick edges in less than 2.10 around £110.00.... I will see if it tickles my urge before I fall for it. Will share the pics with you once received.

The GM Majid Bhai has is original GM + Icon 808 bat and it is not stickered up. He paid around £135 poujnds for it and it is in 2.12-2.13ish but feels like 2.9ish. It is aweseom bat and to me it looks better than Bubber Sher. His GM bat is GM + whereas the one I showed you the other day is normal GM bat

Honestly SPS for £110 is wicked deal. If I can one for that price then I will not hesitate getting that one over C6+. I am more keen in getting good English brand bat made in England for a good price rather than this C6+ crap. One of my clubmate of whom I was talking earlier told me he got his UZI player for something around £160/£170 and it is a year or two old model. So this SPS sounds too good to be true. I mean Solitaire is £115 including toe guard and everything so this is much better than Rogers bat as Newbery is miles ahead of him

Please let me know about that seller Uncle Sam. I would really appreciate it

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks

And yeah Uncle Sam he (Watsontotty) emailed me about UZi C6+ saying how much it will be and stuff. Email me so I will forward it to you

Yeah, majid's GM looked nice but the weight kinda turned me off ... would have been nice if it was 2.8 to 2.10.. wouldn't it?

Email sent to you.

Uncle Sam said:
CD, your friend whatsontotty is kinda making fun of you on the other website ... i think u r not aware of this site but its indeed a good site ,.,... better than CSF... you can advertise your cricket stuff totally free and there are good buy/sell transactions here, totally free !!... I will email u the link and u can join.

"whatsontotty : Mike, a friend of mine is possibly looking for a c6+ but he is out in Canada ? could you help him out if so let me know. Email me the price across and i will speak to him however hes a bit of a pleb so more than likely he wont buy, p&p is around £25-£30."

Uncle Sam - can you email me the link as well? ohussain@sympatico.ca

Thanks,

Uncle Sam said:
Yeah, majid's GM looked nice but the weight kinda turned me off ... would have been nice if it was 2.8 to 2.10.. wouldn't it?

Email sent to you.
If it was in 2.8-2,9 then it would have been awesome and hell of a bat lol

JazakALLAH Khair for your email I have replied you as well

The SPS above has got my mind..

My father started and owned "Bellingham and Smith" cricket manufacturers for 15 years. We used to make almost all the bats sold in South Africa including our home brand (B@S) , Slazenger , County , Lazer etc. We (and they still do) used only first grade English willow for 90% of our bats with some lower grade for the kids and clud bats. There is absolutely nothing I don't know about cricket bats. Let me tell you some of the better respected brands couldn't make a criket bat to save their lives and it was almost always outsourced to people such as ourselves. We also made cricket bats for almost all the international teams that came here (port elizabeth) . I have met almost all international cricketers of say 5 -10 years ago including big names like Brian Lara and Sachin Tendulkar. Both bought custom made bats from us. The exception being the Australia cricketers who never visited s , but whom I met anyway through functions etc we were always invited to.. On the factory wall till today they have signed their names and we have a collum preserved where we recoreded all their bat weights. I could quite literally make millions if I wasn't sentimental and sold out all the memoribilia I have on ebay.

Before you go out and pay way too much for a brand you might want to know what to look for in a piece of willow. This includes...

6-8 grains STRAIGHT down the willow, with a "knot" on the top of the splice (harder wood , less breakage in this weaker spots) is basic guideline for a high grade bat. The more grains and closer together the more brittle and hard te wood. A heavy bat meeting this descrition means it's a thicker piece of willow that's been pressed more. Most pro's almost all prefer a fat, lightly pressed bat...making it lighter and "meatier" but more likely to break. I could go on all night but in fear of boring you I won't. Feel free to ask m any questions and I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

Last edited:
Saffer... thanks for your post.
How true is the claim made by Ian Healy and Adam Gilchrist during the commentary between Australia and Pak game when camera was focused on Ricky Ponting's bat (an absolute Tank).. "No one else sees the kinda willow used to make the bats for these international players"..

Also, there is a video segment available on the net where Matty Hyden meets with Stuart Kranzbuhler to have a custom made bat .... during the conversation, Stuart looks at a stack of Grade 1 English willow (I would say about 500 pieces), and goes... "Only one two clefts from this stack will qualify to make a bat for Matty"?
I guess my Q is that how common is it for a common user to have access to the same class of willow as used by these international icons?

I also spoke to J S Wright and Sons and expressed my wish to buy a cleft from the batch that's reserved for Sachin Tendulkar but they won't promise anything.

BTW.. during a work related trip to South Africa a couple of months ago, I checked out a couple of B and S bats at a retail outlet in Jo'burg, and found them to be quite decent.

Last edited:
Yes, CD I got it a lil bit ago and still waiting for pics and price of SPS from the seller. I will update you soon as I have some more info.
Also, I just sent an inquiry to AS Sports for a custom made baby with insane specs ... lets see what they come up with.

Uncle Sam said:
Yes, CD I got it a lil bit ago and still waiting for pics and price of SPS from the seller. I will update you soon as I have some more info.
Also, I just sent an inquiry to AS Sports for a custom made baby with insane specs ... lets see what they come up with.
OHh okay, alright

Uncle sam I frwarded that eamil to you so let me know what you think

JazakALLAH Khair/Thanks a bunch mate

Did u notice there is an Icon DXM L.E in 2.9 for sale? It's a brand new one and knocked in -obviously he is asking crazy money. I have asked for pics and will share with you.

Uncle Sam said:
Did u notice there is an Icon DXM L.E in 2.9 for sale? It's a brand new one and knocked in -obviously he is asking crazy money. I have asked for pics and will share with you.
215 sounds reasonable. I saw it for something around 350 pounds on Prodirect.

loll I asked him for pictures as well. In fact, I mailed him about the stripper he has got

I say £150 will be a good price. Lets wait for the pics and see if it's worth wasting £150.00 :)

Uncle Sam said:
I say £150 will be a good price. Lets wait for the pics and see if it's worth wasting £150.00 :)
True say but if he wishes to sell it for 150 then I would say is crazy price

On the other hand I noticed it is not GM+

Last edited:
Yeah, I mean why waste money unless if its really a good bargain of price deal? I am not sure about 'GM+' or 'GM NOW' but I guess it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference.

You never waste your money buying cricket stuff :)

GM + tends to be bigger and thicker in tems of widthe and I believe there profile is big as well. You remember the GM Icon 808 bat pictures I posted few days ago? That was normal GM bat but if you see Majid Bhai's you will notice it is quite bigger and thicker compare to that normal GM

In other words, "+" says everything.

Also Uncle sam do you think it is worth paying 185 pounds for UZI C6+ or getting SPS (the one you are talking about) worth?

To me SPS sounds better what do you think

but then '+' comes with something that you have to learn to live with ...

remember the joke?

Q: What's the difference between a wife and a g/f?

A: 50 lbs

Uncle Sam said:
but then '+' comes with something that you have to learn to live with ...

remember the joke?

Q: What's the difference between a wife and a g/f?

A: 50 lbs
:))) :)))

Cover Drive said:
Also Uncle sam do you think it is worth paying 185 pounds for UZI C6+ or getting SPS (the one you are talking about) worth?

To me SPS sounds better what do you think

Well.. if u love C6+ and can afford one... then u can go ahead.
In a good approach towards shopping (for everything) You need to strike a balance between, what you WANT and what you NEED ?

I was curious about 20/20 SPS because it's not your regular size bat... As said before ... the handle is an inch longer and the blade is an inch shorter ,plus Newbery holds a super excellent reputation in world cricket... I am almost sure this 20/20 has an effect ( a good one or a bad one) on your bat speed and reach towards the ball.
C6+ dont interest me much as I have used a few English bats and assume that there will only be a slight difference between what I already know and what I may find out in these very expensive bats.

Uncle Sam said:
Well.. if u love C6+ and can afford one... then u can go ahead.
In a good approach towards shopping (for everything) You need to strike a balance between, what you WANT and what you NEED ?

I was curious about 20/20 SPS because it's not your regular size bat... As said before ... the handle is an inch longer and the blade is an inch shorter ,plus Newbery holds a super excellent reputation in world cricket... I am almost sure this 20/20 has an effect ( a good one or a bad one) on your bat speed and reach towards the ball.
C6+ dont interest me much as I have used a few English bats and assume that there will only be a slight difference between what I already know and what I may find out in these very expensive bats.
WANT never ends whereas NEEDS end at some stage so lets dismiss that :)

One of my club mate has UZI and I am not sure which one was it. Its blade was a inch shorter but when he played with it I never saw any difference.

The thing is that I don't really love C6+ as I have never seen one. What I hear from people and if they appreciate a specific item or product it gets over me so I am a confused man. But going budget wise SPS (the one you told me about) fits the best. As my mom told me to buy a bat somewhere near $200 CAD.

I am looking to buy an English bat as I think it is english bat turn because I bought two Pakistani bats soo have to be fair :D Mein Pakistani bats bhai kee marzee phee letaa hoon lekhin mujhe english acha lagtee hain :S

If you could get me a hold of UZI SPS 20/20 for 110 pounds then that would be great and I would be really grateful to you. It is okay to take time as I am in no rush. A week or two or even three is fine.

JazakALLAH Khair

Last edited:
I agree with you Newbery bats are impressive. One of my club mate in fact the only club mate who has an English bat had Newbery UZI and that bat lasted him 2.5 years. He had never taken care of it so it showed me if he had taken care of it then it would have lasted much more. But he used it ALOT! By alot I mean it. He didn't use it in fact he abused it.

At the end he played across bat shot (toe area) then the wood cracked. I would blamce my club executives for this. They buy poor quality balls so this was suppose to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back