Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serendipity said:
CD - How is yoru experience with your CA 12K?

what bat you think might be bettetr between the following, with medium heavy (is it 2.8 etc) and long sweet spot, specially towards the bottom:

1 IHSAN INFERNO 950(IS IT THE LATEST THEY HAVE?) vs CA 12K or Sher Bubber?

2 What is teh best price for them if buying personally in Pa?

Jazakullaha Khair guys!

Serendpity I had a CA + 12k uptil very recently until it got past its age

Let me tell you from my experience it was a hell of a bat. Haven't played with a better bat till now. It weighed 2.8

However, my advice to you is not to look at the brand. Just go to the shop and look at some pieces of willow personaly. See how it balances and whether or not you are comfortable with it.

I got MB Sher Amin 2 days ago. Still haven't batted with it but it looks like a solid bat.

Serendipity said:
CD - How is yoru experience with your CA 12K?

what bat you think might be bettetr between the following, with medium heavy (is it 2.8 etc) and long sweet spot, specially towards the bottom:

1 IHSAN INFERNO 950(IS IT THE LATEST THEY HAVE?) vs CA 12K or Sher Bubber?

2 What is teh best price for them if buying personally in Pa?

Jazakullaha Khair guys!
Asalamalakium Brother,

1).

Did you meant to say that is Ihsan Inferno 950 latest bat Ihsan made or is in the market? Either way I don't think Ihsan Inferno 950 is latest bat in the market or in Ihsan products. I have never used Inferno 950 but have surely seen it. However, at that time I did not pay much attention to it. In fact, now I am really keen on having a look at that bat. Anyways, lately I have heard that Inferno 950 are very improved bats and are amazing piece of willow as it has thick edges and long sweet spot. But I am not sure how long its sweet spot is.

In total I have played with my CA 12000 Plus once (properly, the first time I played with it was like 5 minutes or less so I am not considering that at all loll). I "properly" played with it on Saturday against bowling machine and I must say this bat is amazing. The one I have is 2.9 lbs and it is beauty. It has really long sweet spot. The sweet spot just finishes few inches from the bottom of the bat. Perhaps you can say that sweet spot finishes 2-3 inches before the bottom end of the bat. Now as far its ping is concerned it has amazing ping. Even if you don't time the ball properly or don't middle it properly the ball will still manage to cover enough distance. You don't have to use your own power you can depend on the bat. The edges are quite thick as well they are not as thick as Bubber Sher but are pretty thick. Ahh yeahh the balance of this bat is just perfect and it has ultra light pick up.

Now coming to Bubber Sher. This bat is a beast! It has very thick edges. In fact, it the thickest bat I have seen in this weight range (2.8-2.9 lbs). It also has long sweet spot. If you are Afridi type of player then this bat is best for you. I don't know much about this bat as I haven't played alot with this bat. But from non-playing perspective I must say this bat also have very good balance and pick up as well. The painted version of the bat didn't look great (physically) but the new stickered version of Bubber sher is beautiful. One of my club member got it few weeks ago and it looks stunning.

Another bat of which I would like to mention is AS V3. I don't have this bat nor I have seen this bat anywhere in Canada. But from what I have heard this bat is amazing. I heard it also has very long sweetspot and it has very good ping. InshALLAH I will be getting this bat and once I get it I will surely tell you more about this bat.

I got my CA 12000 Plus for Rs. 14300. At the time I got my CA 12000 Plus one of my club member got Bubber Sher and he paid something around Rs. 9000 for it. However, I am not sure about Ihsan Inferno 950 price but I once asked its price long time ago and it was around Rs. 14000. At that time I found Inferno 950 to be a bit over priced. Again I am not sure nor I have any clue of its price at the moment. As V3 is Rs. 8300. All the prices I am telling you are UT Sports prices. I find UT Sports most reliable and most legit store I am aware of. One of PPer poster Uncle Sam's view are that AS V3 is the best Asian bat in terms of its price.

I hope it helps!

If I have missed anything or if you have any question please don't hesitate asking me.

My bad for replying a bit late.

JazakALLAH Khair

Straight Drive said:
Is this the best bat in the world, or what?

Several leading international cricketers use it. It has amazing balance, and it's weight allows for awesome bat speed.

Does anyone here use this bat? Please share your experiences.

Thanks.

CA Plus 10000, 12000 and many many bats with personal experiences and other stuff have been discussed here:

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=82051

Straight Drive said:
How many centuries have you scored with it so far?

HAve played 1 game with it against a team in Oldham

went as opener.

faced 6 balls... scored 21 of 6 ball strike rate of 350.00

1-4-6-6-4- And the last ball i got BOWLED... :)

but the 2rd six came out of the middle and the ball got lost...

Last edited:
Mian Hassan said:

went as opener.

Yeah, the ball really travels off this bat. Watch the ball close next time :iamlegend

Straight Drive said:
Is this the best bat in the world, or what?

Several leading international cricketers use it. It has amazing balance, and it's weight allows for awesome bat speed.

Does anyone here use this bat? Please share your experiences.

Thanks.
First of all welcome to PP mate!! I hope you stay here for a long time

Anyways my earlier post it might help you:

It has really long sweet spot. The sweet spot just finishes few inches from the bottom of the bat. Perhaps you can say that sweet spot finishes 2-3 inches before the bottom end of the bat. Now as far its ping is concerned it has amazing ping. Even if you don't time the ball properly or don't middle it properly the ball will still manage to cover enough distance. You don't have to use your own power you can depend on the bat. The edges are quite thick as well they are not as thick as Bubber Sher but are pretty thick. Ahh yeahh the balance of this bat is just perfect and it has ultra light pick up.

BUt if you have any other question splease don't hesitate asking me

I hope it helps!

Mian Hassan said:

went as opener.

Off-topic.. but what's your 'occupation' about? Time now you change it, haha.

Sultanator Bhai did you start knocking your Bubber Sher yet?

Also Serendipity do you have anymore question(s)?

JazakALLAH Khair

Can someone tell me about a good store in lahore? I need some bats.
Thanks

Cover Drive said:
Sultanator Bhai did you start knocking your Bubber Sher yet?

Also Serendipity do you have anymore question(s)?

JazakALLAH Khair

Yes I started on Tuesday. I've been knocking the edges for 30 minutes each day, 15 minutes for each edge. I plan to finish the process by the end of the holidays.

In total i've clocked 2 hours of knocking, so 1 hour per edge. I'm starting the whole face tomorrow :)

Players in my team using Monty bats for last 2 years. Many others in Norway also use Monty bats which are best bats we have used. SO if any one in Lahore vist Monty and check out there bats.

Rizwan25 said:
Can someone tell me about a good store in lahore? I need some bats.
Thanks
Frm Usman_Ash14 earlier post

There are two stores that I`m aware of in Lahore that sell these bats, one of them is Shahid Sports but they dont have them on display, the guy goes to the factory and brings back with him on your request three or four bubber shers and you pick the one you like (042-7589376, 03004988298) and the other one is Zaidi Sports (042-7414100, 042-74151510 and they have all the bats on display and this shop is located around chaburji. I would recommend Shahid Sports as I bought it from there.

I haven't bought any bats from Lahore so I am not really aware of any stores although I am from Lahore

sultanator said:
Yes I started on Tuesday. I've been knocking the edges for 30 minutes each day, 15 minutes for each edge. I plan to finish the process by the end of the holidays.

In total i've clocked 2 hours of knocking, so 1 hour per edge. I'm starting the whole face tomorrow :)
Sounds good. But don't knock the middle of the bat alot because that part doesn't really require knocking

Khurram said:
Players in my team using Monty bats for last 2 years. Many others in Norway also use Monty bats which are best bats we have used. SO if any one in Lahore vist Monty and check out there bats.
I have heard of Monty somewhere not exactly sure where :( But do you mind posting few pictures of the bat you have got?

Asalamalakium Guys,

Today I saw Ihsan Inferno 950. Honestly guys this bat is pretty awesome as well. I never thought that this bat would be soo good but it was amazing. I also held it in my hands and it had beautiful balance and pick up. I would rate this bat among top Pakistani bats. It also has huge middle and sweet spot. It had really long sweet spot, it finishes just before the toe area (according to the shop keeper)

Overall I am impressed with this bat and had underestimated this bat big time

At last, no wonder Chris Gayle uses this bat.

Master_Entertainer said:
Hi guys! Some of you seems to know quite a lot about cricket equipment, so i wonder if any of you know how to contact the Malik sports factory in Pakistan? I cant find any information on the internet. The thing is that i want to order equipment for my team, so i wanted to directly contact the factory.

Thanx

Asalamalaikum brother.
I'm sorry i didn't notice sooner, on the little card attached to my bubber sher i found details of what I think is the factory:

S.I.E Near Grid Station, Sialkot - Pakistan
Tel: +92 52 3557598 or 3255398
Fax: +92 52 3552602
Dir: +92 52 3562190
E-mail: malik@skt.comsats.net.pk

Ca12000

Salam! I have bought a CA12000 from pakistan. It has 16 almost straight grains, and is very light. I havent tried i yet, have to knock it in first :) . It is very light, feels like 2.6 (altough it's written 2.7 on the bat) , could be that it feels lighter because of the good balance of the bat. Are there any disadvantages with such a light bat? Im thinking about breakage of the willow, handle problems etc.

Cover Driver bhai where are you? Havent seen you commenting in this thread for a while :inti

Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Guys,

Today I saw Ihsan Inferno 950. Honestly guys this bat is pretty awesome as well. I never thought that this bat would be soo good but it was amazing. I also held it in my hands and it had beautiful balance and pick up. I would rate this bat among top Pakistani bats. It also has huge middle and sweet spot. It had really long sweet spot, it finishes just before the toe area (according to the shop keeper)

Overall I am impressed with this bat and had underestimated this bat big time

At last, no wonder Chris Gayle uses this bat.

My friend who is in Pakistan first bought Ihsan950 for me, but he said that the balance of the bat wasnt that good, he also said that when holding the bat it felt like that the weight was on the lower part of the bat.

It had about 7-8 grains, and the willow looked good. But on second tought i asked him to go back to the shop and change it with a CA12000. The price of Ihsan950 was 15000 RS.

sultanator said:
Asalamalaikum brother.
I'm sorry i didn't notice sooner, on the little card attached to my bubber sher i found details of what I think is the factory:

S.I.E Near Grid Station, Sialkot - Pakistan
Tel: +92 52 3557598 or 3255398
Fax: +92 52 3552602
Dir: +92 52 3562190
E-mail: malik@skt.comsats.net.pk

Thank you Sultanator bhai. MB factory should have an own website, impossible to find any information about them on the net, i only found Malik Sports shop in UK .

Hi Im from the UK and need a cricket bat too... I'm looking for a "NON DESI" bat..

I keep breaking my bats every year and need a company bat which doesnt break is powerful but not tooo heavy around 2lb 7oz - 2lb 9oz.. anyone have any suggestions???

also is it worth paying extra to go from a grade 3 to a grade 2 cricket bat?

I'm not gonna spend too much to buy a grade 1 bat!

Master_Entertainer said:
Salam! I have bought a CA12000 from pakistan. It has 16 almost straight grains, and is very light. I havent tried i yet, have to knock it in first :) . It is very light, feels like 2.6 (altough it's written 2.7 on the bat) , could be that it feels lighter because of the good balance of the bat. Are there any disadvantages with such a light bat? Im thinking about breakage of the willow, handle problems etc.

Cover Driver bhai where are you? Havent seen you commenting in this thread for a while :inti
Walikumasalam Brother,

I was a bit busy few days ago so I didn't really post on PP. Anyways, first of all congratulations for getting a new bat. I hope it last really long! My CA 12000 Plus says 2.9 lbs at the side but it looks a bit lighter than that.

In my opinion I don't think there are any disadvantages of have a light weight bat nor I believe it will break because of its weight. But it all depends on what style and level of cricket you play. I mean if you have someone bowling at you around 90 mph mark then there might be chances of breakage. This bat is a test level bat it is not an oridinary club level bat.

Have you oiled the bat or was it oiled?

Since it has around 16 grains you do not have to knock it in alot. You will have to knock it but it will require less knocking compare to a 9 grains CA 12000 Plus. Higher the amount of grains less knocking it requires. If I were you I would round off the edges then knock the edges for little bit and then knock the toe area. But if your bat is not oiled then you might have to oil the bat and then start knocking.

Brother do you mind posting few pictures of your bat?

JazakALLAH Khair

Master_Entertainer said:
My friend who is in Pakistan first bought Ihsan950 for me, but he said that the balance of the bat wasnt that good, he also said that when holding the bat it felt like that the weight was on the lower part of the bat.

It had about 7-8 grains, and the willow looked good. But on second tought i asked him to go back to the shop and change it with a CA12000. The price of Ihsan950 was 15000 RS.

Every bat has different shape and it is a bit different while compare it to others. The balance does vary in each bat. But the main thing you would look is that how does the bat feel in your hand. One of the reason why I might have liked Inferno 950 and felt good in my hands could be because of its balance and blade. I believe the one I saw had long blade. My Gray Nicolls bat has long blade and its weight or sweetspot is a bit lower down the blade, same thing for Inferno 950. So I use that GN bat and I am used to is so maybe because of that fact I liked Inferno 950

I don't think grains really make a difference. I mean your CA 12000 Plus has around 16 grains whereas my CA 12000 Plus has around 8-9 grains. Both are English Willow, both are Grade 1+ and so on.

Do you mind if I ask you where you got your bat from and for how much did you get it for? I got mines for Rs. 14300 from UT Sports Karachi. I never thought Inferno would be around Rs. 15000. I thought it would be around Rs. 13000 max because I remember I once called Ut Sports back in October and they told me it was around Rs.14000 at that time.

Last edited:
Master_Entertainer said:
Thank you Sultanator bhai. MB factory should have an own website, impossible to find any information about them on the net, i only found Malik Sports shop in UK .
I agree with you! Whenever you google MB Sports you get the UK site. I find there prices quite high

Azrim_91 said:
Hi Im from the UK and need a cricket bat too... I'm looking for a "NON DESI" bat..

I keep breaking my bats every year and need a company bat which doesnt break is powerful but not tooo heavy around 2lb 7oz - 2lb 9oz.. anyone have any suggestions???

also is it worth paying extra to go from a grade 3 to a grade 2 cricket bat?

I'm not gonna spend too much to buy a grade 1 bat!
Asalamlakium Brother,

Which bat(s) did you use in past? and which one did you break?

It depends how much you budget is. Buy an English brand bat would be expensive when comparing it to Asian brands bat. For example, look at my case I paid $150 for Gray Nicolls Grade 3 bat and I paid $180 for CA 12000 Plus which is Grade 1. My point here is that the amount you pay for a Grade 3 English brand bat would be near Grade 1 Asian brand bat. Now don't think Asian brands are garbage or poor. If you buy a proper bat in fact that could be as good as English brand bat if not then a bit better

Yes, it is certainly worth going from Grade 3 to Grade 2 but again all depends on your budget

I hope it helps!

Here is my new CA PLUS 12000

Ca Plus 12000

Attachments

• DSCN3457.JPG
    DSCN3457.JPG
    157.9 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN3458.JPG
    DSCN3458.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCN3459.JPG
    DSCN3459.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 325
  • DSCN3465.JPG
    DSCN3465.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 331
  • DSCN3467.JPG
    DSCN3467.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 378
Cover Drive said:
Every bat has different shape and it is a bit different while compare it to others. The balance does vary in each bat. But the main thing you would look is that how does the bat feel in your hand. One of the reason why I might have liked Inferno 950 and felt good in my hands could be because of its balance and blade. I believe the one I saw had long blade. My Gray Nicolls bat has long blade and its weight or sweetspot is a bit lower down the blade, same thing for Inferno 950. So I use that GN bat and I am used to is so maybe because of that fact I liked Inferno 950

I don't think grains really make a difference. I mean your CA 12000 Plus has around 16 grains whereas my CA 12000 Plus has around 8-9 grains. Both are English Willow, both are Grade 1+ and so on.

Do you mind if I ask you where you got your bat from and for how much did you get it for? I got mines for Rs. 14300 from UT Sports Karachi. I never thought Inferno would be around Rs. 15000. I thought it would be around Rs. 13000 max because I remember I once called Ut Sports back in October and they told me it was around Rs.14000 at that time.

Inferno was bought in Kharian for 15000 Rs, and then changed with CA PLUS 12000 with a price of 18000 Rs, but my friend did manage to lower the price a bit maybe 2-3000, not sure because havent talked properly to him yet, he is still in Pak.

The prices in Kharian are about 3-4000 higher than everywhere else. The reason why i bought from him is that he gives a 1 year guarantee, if the bat breaks (handle or anywhere else on bat, even if its your own fault), you will get a new one. Many of my friends have bought from him, and have only good experience with him.

Cover Drive said:
Walikumasalam Brother,

I was a bit busy few days ago so I didn't really post on PP. Anyways, first of all congratulations for getting a new bat. I hope it last really long! My CA 12000 Plus says 2.9 lbs at the side but it looks a bit lighter than that.

In my opinion I don't think there are any disadvantages of have a light weight bat nor I believe it will break because of its weight. But it all depends on what style and level of cricket you play. I mean if you have someone bowling at you around 90 mph mark then there might be chances of breakage. This bat is a test level bat it is not an oridinary club level bat.

Have you oiled the bat or was it oiled?

Since it has around 16 grains you do not have to knock it in alot. You will have to knock it but it will require less knocking compare to a 9 grains CA 12000 Plus. Higher the amount of grains less knocking it requires. If I were you I would round off the edges then knock the edges for little bit and then knock the toe area. But if your bat is not oiled then you might have to oil the bat and then start knocking.

Brother do you mind posting few pictures of your bat?

JazakALLAH Khair

Thanx a lot! Yes i thought the same, cuz it is a Grade A bat so shouldnt break that easy, but nice to have confirmation from someone who knows a lot about bats ;-)

No i havent oiled it yet, and it wasnt oiled from the factory. Yes i will knock it in after oiling it. But i have played some deliveries at home hehehe.. couldnt wait.. I will round of the edges, but do i have to knock in the middle of the bat? And should i knock the toe area of that bat? I heard some ppl say that on should not knock toe of the bat, cuz it can break, dont know if that is true or not

Master_Entertainer said:
Thanx a lot! Yes i thought the same, cuz it is a Grade A bat so shouldnt break that easy, but nice to have confirmation from someone who knows a lot about bats ;-)

No i havent oiled it yet, and it wasnt oiled from the factory. Yes i will knock it in after oiling it. But i have played some deliveries at home hehehe.. couldnt wait.. I will round of the edges, but do i have to knock in the middle of the bat? And should i knock the toe area of that bat? I heard some ppl say that on should not knock toe of the bat, cuz it can break, dont know if that is true or not
loll I don't know alot about bats

Since you have played some deliveries (I am assuming you played it with hard ball) then have a close look at the bats face and see if there are any seam marks on the face. If there are then it means that the bat would require knocking. Another thing before oiling is that feel the texture and move your hand all around the bats exposed wood as see if you feel or see the wood really dry. If it is dry then you will have to oil it. But be careful! Over oiling will ruin your bat. They always say it is better to under oil the bat rather than over oiling it.

No, you don't have to knock the middle of the bat. Just lightly knock it if you want to. Again lightly :) Yes you should knock the toe area of the bat. I believe you are confused over there. Perhaps what people have said to you was that avoid playing yorkers with a new bat. Yorkers damage the bat really badly. Toe area is quite weak area and if a yorker striks it then it might crack the wood. So by knocking the wood is compressed and gets a bit harder despite the fact willow is really soft wood. Also whenever you start knocking make you sure don't bang in the mallet. When I got my first bat I did not knew the proper procedure of knocking so I used to bang in the toe area of my Gray Nicolls bat which later made a small 'ditch' in the toe area. So avoid banging the mallet to the bat and inital stages

I hope it helps!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate asking me

Also brother didn't your bat come along a small booklet which was tied on handle?

Cover Drive said:
loll I don't know alot about bats

Since you have played some deliveries (I am assuming you played it with hard ball) then have a close look at the bats face and see if there are any seam marks on the face. If there are then it means that the bat would require knocking. Another thing before oiling is that feel the texture and move your hand all around the bats exposed wood as see if you feel or see the wood really dry. If it is dry then you will have to oil it. But be careful! Over oiling will ruin your bat. They always say it is better to under oil the bat rather than over oiling it.

No, you don't have to knock the middle of the bat. Just lightly knock it if you want to. Again lightly :) Yes you should knock the toe area of the bat. I believe you are confused over there. Perhaps what people have said to you was that avoid playing yorkers with a new bat. Yorkers damage the bat really badly. Toe area is quite weak area and if a yorker striks it then it might crack the wood. So by knocking the wood is compressed and gets a bit harder despite the fact willow is really soft wood. Also whenever you start knocking make you sure don't bang in the mallet. When I got my first bat I did not knew the proper procedure of knocking so I used to bang in the toe area of my Gray Nicolls bat which later made a small 'ditch' in the toe area. So avoid banging the mallet to the bat and inital stages

I hope it helps!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate asking me

Also brother didn't your bat come along a small booklet which was tied on handle?

Yes i played some deliveries with hard ball, there are some marks on the face. You can look that on of the pictures i have uploaded, have a look at them if u already havent :) And let me know what u think about the pics..

Thanx for the oiling and knocking in tips. Yes i think i got a bit counfused about the knocking of the toe area, but now i will knock it as well.

Yes there was a small booklet on the handle, but i dont know where it is.. I got so excited when i got the bat that i forgot everything else.. haha :yk

Master_Entertainer said:
Yes i played some deliveries with hard ball, there are some marks on the face. You can look that on of the pictures i have uploaded, have a look at them if u already havent :) And let me know what u think about the pics..

Thanx for the oiling and knocking in tips. Yes i think i got a bit counfused about the knocking of the toe area, but now i will knock it as well.

Yes there was a small booklet on the handle, but i dont know where it is.. I got so excited when i got the bat that i forgot everything else.. haha :yk
I did see the pictures earlier and I saw them again. I didn't notice the seam marks earlier but now I had a close look and I saw them. Anyways, does it have plastic scuff sheet on the face of the bat? In the pictures it seems that it has but I am not 100% sure.

No worries! Also remember whenever you oil NEVER oil near the splice area (handle area)

Don't hesitate going over that booklet as it has got quite valuable information in it

As far pictures are concerned the bat looks great! I think you might not have to oil the bat again but thats my view after looking at the pictures. You can confirm this once you feel the wood. Because after oiling the bat the wood does get a bit darker. One thing I am concerned about is that wood at splice area (under the front sticker). It seems quite dark. I believe it is the wood colour which is dark and I hope it wasn't oiled in that area. If it is wood colour then it is heartwood which is very good, as the name says. From the pictures I realize that you will have to round of the edges for sure. Apart from the wood colour concern the bat is 100% original CA 12000 Plus bat.

Also does your bat has a toe guard? Did you see how cool it is? I mean the way it say 'CA 12000 Plus' on it looks pretty amazing.

Once again congratulations and good luck!

Master_Entertainer said:
Inferno was bought in Kharian for 15000 Rs, and then changed with CA PLUS 12000 with a price of 18000 Rs, but my friend did manage to lower the price a bit maybe 2-3000, not sure because havent talked properly to him yet, he is still in Pak.

The prices in Kharian are about 3-4000 higher than everywhere else. The reason why i bought from him is that he gives a 1 year guarantee, if the bat breaks (handle or anywhere else on bat, even if its your own fault), you will get a new one. Many of my friends have bought from him, and have only good experience with him.
Ohh okayy do talk to him and also confirm with him whether the bat is oiled or not. Because some shop keepers oil the bat as well.

It is always better to pay a bit more and get a warranty. In Pakistan it is quite hard to buy a bat and get a warranty. I mean even if you do get the warranty it is highly likely that the person will back out once you take the defected bat to him for repair or replacement. My bats which are purchased from Pakistan have no warranty. So it is great to hear that your bat is under warranty

Cover Drive said:
I did see the pictures earlier and I saw them again. I didn't notice the seam marks earlier but now I had a close look and I saw them. Anyways, does it have plastic scuff sheet on the face of the bat? In the pictures it seems that it has but I am not 100% sure.

No worries! Also remember whenever you oil NEVER oil near the splice area (handle area)

Don't hesitate going over that booklet as it has got quite valuable information in it

As far pictures are concerned the bat looks great! I think you might not have to oil the bat again but thats my view after looking at the pictures. You can confirm this once you feel the wood. Because after oiling the bat the wood does get a bit darker. One thing I am concerned about is that wood at splice area (under the front sticker). It seems quite dark. I believe it is the wood colour which is dark and I hope it wasn't oiled in that area. If it is wood colour then it is heartwood which is very good, as the name says. From the pictures I realize that you will have to round of the edges for sure. Apart from the wood colour concern the bat is 100% original CA 12000 Plus bat.

Also does your bat has a toe guard? Did you see how cool it is? I mean the way it say 'CA 12000 Plus' on it looks pretty amazing.

Once again congratulations and good luck!

Thanx a lot, good that u liked the pics :)
Yes it has a grey toe guard :) no, there isnt any plastic scuff sheet, but i will apply it later on. Yes i also noticed the dark area under the sticker, but i hope that area is not oiled. If it is, and the bat breaks, then i will just give him back and get another one.

Thnx again :)

Master_Entertainer said:
Thanx a lot, good that u liked the pics :)
Yes it has a grey toe guard :) no, there isnt any plastic scuff sheet, but i will apply it later on. Yes i also noticed the dark area under the sticker, but i hope that area is not oiled. If it is, and the bat breaks, then i will just give him back and get another one.

Thnx again :)
No worries mate!

Yeahh do apply scuff sheet after knocking and everything. It is good for the bat

Asalamalakium Uncle Sam,

I hope you are doing well! One of my friend emailed me and he is interested in purchasing your SS Gold Edition bat as well as the Vantage (I am just guessing the brand of the bat). Anyways, he does not have an account on PP so he just told me to post this on behalf of him.

If you are keen on selling the bat(s) then please contact;

Emmanuel Markakis
playdoe4t@hotmail.com

Thanks
I really appreciate it

(MODS I hope you guys don't mind if I am posting this. Since PMing system is not working so my friend told me to post this on his behalf)

JazakALLAH Khair

Me playing cover drive in net at Oval cricket Ground with my BubberSher

Attachments

• PA130377 - Copy (2).JPG
    PA130377 - Copy (2).JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 472
MashALLAH, beautiful stroke it was and seems it was properly times as well.

If you don't mind can I ask you which pads were you wearing?

By the way, you have been disgracing Bubber Sher by playing such shots. It doesn't require those type of shots. Only :afridi (Just kidding mate)

Cover Drive said:
MashALLAH, beautiful stroke it was and seems it was properly times as well.

If you don't mind can I ask you which pads were you wearing?

By the way, you have been disgracing Bubber Sher by playing such shots. It doesn't require those type of shots. Only :afridi (Just kidding mate)

Pepsi pads :) , i have played some wild shots as well but i mostly play proper shots.

Looking at the ball after glance and My stance (very much ponting like):p

Attachments

• PA130373.JPG
    PA130373.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 302
  • PA130379.JPG
    PA130379.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 331
Yes it does look like Pointing. The way your shoulders are and the way your legs are it certainly look likes Pointing.

Whenever I go for wild shots I miss them completely but when I go for proper shot I manage to time them properly

For wild slog's you need good eye and power. Just see where the ball is picthed , swing the bat same direction

saj001 said:
For wild slog's you need good eye and power. Just see where the ball is picthed , swing the bat same direction
I never practice that nor I wish to :D Sometimes I just loose my brain and start wild swinging

Cover Drive said:
I never practice that nor I wish to :D Sometimes I just loose my brain and start wild swinging

that's your weakness. Make it your strength , show them aggression but take calculated risk. Dont show your opponent's taht you are finding it hard and losing it.

Cover Drive said:
Asalamalakium Uncle Sam,

I hope you are doing well! One of my friend emailed me and he is interested in purchasing your SS Gold Edition bat as well as the Vantage (I am just guessing the brand of the bat). Anyways, he does not have an account on PP so he just told me to post this on behalf of him.

If you are keen on selling the bat(s) then please contact;

Emmanuel Markakis
playdoe4t@hotmail.com

Thanks
I really appreciate it

(MODS I hope you guys don't mind if I am posting this. Since PMing system is not working so my friend told me to post this on his behalf)

JazakALLAH Khair

Dear CD,

Sorry it took a while to respond.
Both bats are gone, and I agree that both were crackers.

No worries Unlce Sam.

Actually it was a guy on CSF who was interested in them.

Thanaks for letting us know

So which ones do you have currently? Or you are getting?

for now I only have Slaz "The Don", and still waiting on my custom made bat which has 5.25 inches wide blade.
What are you up to these days? got anything interesting in your collection?

You didn't get that Vantage (I believe this is the make) custom made bat yet?

I am yet to get 2 bats from Pakistan (AS V3 and Bubber Sher). It has been quite long since I paid for them but I don't even think they have been shipped from Pakistan yet. :(

Again I am yet to get my GM Original Limited Edition Pads and Gloves. I had to get theem shipped at my cousins place in UK. She has got them but she did not ship to me yet. :(

I had bought Gray Nicolls pads, gloves and bat. The guy at a store shop here ripped me badly and gave me 3 Star range. At that time I had no clue about cricket gear at that time so now I kinda regret. InshALLAH tomorrow a guy wants to have a look at them so I hope he buys everything. InshALLAH after selling this I will be buying Nitro 5 Star pads for nets/practice. Then I might buy a GM Icon bat.

Uncle Sam the biggest problem which I have to face and believe you don't have to face when buying anything is that I have to go thru my mates. Sometimes they don't allow me to buy anything :(

Uncle Sam, so you are either unable or unwilling to help me locate the actual bat pictured below?

4271051418_8e84a08afa_o.jpg

Heyy Guys,

Today I saw CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition bat. This bat is just amazing! Honestly this bat seemed better than CA 12000 Plus. The sweetspot is really long. It also has very thick edges and the balance and pick up was just perfect. The grains were really awesome on the piece I saw. I just loved this bat, InshALLAH in future I will buy it one day.

Another stunner from CA. If anyone is considering it then I sill surely recommend it to you

Brother ME how's your CA 12K preparation going? Did you oiled it? Knocked it?

Brother Sultanator how's your Bubber Sher knocking process going?

Cover Drive said:

I've been really busy with revision lately but i'll be continuing the process after my exam next week. At the end of the christmas holidays I had clocked 5 hours of knocking, 2 hours per edge and 1 hour for the whole face. I just dented the face with the edge of my mallet to emulate seam marks and the dents were really deep on the face. They weren't as deep on the edges which is a good sign. I've started to oil the face and edges again because I think 3 coats is why the dents are so deep. I've got 5 coats on the face and edges and inshallah there'll only be a few more hours of knocking.

Oooh I like the sound of this CA! Was it the Mani LE or the normal LE? Price and weight?

sultanator said:
I've been really busy with revision lately but i'll be continuing the process after my exam next week. At the end of the christmas holidays I had clocked 5 hours of knocking, 2 hours per edge and 1 hour for the whole face. I just dented the face with the edge of my mallet to emulate seam marks and the dents were really deep on the face. They weren't as deep on the edges which is a good sign. I've started to oil the face and edges again because I think 3 coats is why the dents are so deep. I've got 5 coats on the face and edges and inshallah there'll only be a few more hours of knocking.

Oooh I like the sound of this CA! Was it the Mani LE or the normal LE? Price and weight?
Asalamalakium Brother,

Uhmm you oiled the face five times?!? As far my knowledge goes I know that you should oil the face no more than four coats per year. I believe no matter how many times you oil the face you will still be able to dent the face of the bat with edge of mallet just like you did. I believe it requires more knocking rather than oiling it again and again

And yeahh as far that CA 10K LE is concerned it was normal LE. That guy paid around 290 Canadian Dollars and it was 2.8lbs. I believe the only difference between Mani LE and Normal LE is that one has different stickers and has Imran Nazir's autograph on it

I just got back from UT sports and here are the prices that I was quoted for each of the bats:

- CA12K Rs 13,500 (after negotiation) - was quoted 16000 initially
- CA10K Rs 9000
- AS V3 Rs 8000
- MB Bubber Sher Rs 9000

I know that some of you have purchased from UT Sports in the past - please advise if the prices seem reasonable?

Any help will be appreciated.

The prices are absolutely fine.

In fact I was on verge of getting AS V3 from UT Sports Karachi shipped to me here. But my friend (club mate) did not get a bat for me and for himself because of the security over here. They have recently drilled holes in people bat so my friend cancelled my order and I was soo angry at him loll. But since you will be bringing everything along yourself then everything will be safe InshALLAH and you do not have to worry

PS if you could email me at: m_uzair36@hotmail.com I would really appreciate it.

JazakALLAH Khair

Anyone ever been to a cricket bat manufacturer? Quite interesting to see how these things get made!!!!!!

I haven't been there but I want to go there. I have seen videos on youtube about bat makers and they seem really interesting the way bat is made.

Cover Drive said:
I haven't been there but I want to go there. I have seen videos on youtube about bat makers and they seem really interesting the way bat is made.

We have bat maker (standard and custom made - B&S) just outside Port Elizabeth and I have been there on 2 occassions. It is unbeleiveable the amount of work and craftsmanship that goes into making what we see as a simple bloody bat!!!!

Cover Drive said:
Heyy Guys,

Today I saw CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition bat. This bat is just amazing! Honestly this bat seemed better than CA 12000 Plus. The sweetspot is really long. It also has very thick edges and the balance and pick up was just perfect. The grains were really awesome on the piece I saw. I just loved this bat, InshALLAH in future I will buy it one day.

Another stunner from CA. If anyone is considering it then I sill surely recommend it to you

Brother ME how's your CA 12K preparation going? Did you oiled it? Knocked it?

Yes i have oiled it started to knock the bat. Havent played with it yet.. Maybe i can try it next week. Has anyone any experience with SS TON GOLD EDITION OR SS TON SILVER EDITION? Have heard it is a good bat.
http://onlinestockist.com/SS-GOLD-EDITION-Grade-1-English-Willow-Cricket-Bat-P109411.aspx

Attachments

• 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 402
Asalamalakium,

Brother ME hows your CA 12000 Plus going? Did you start knocking it?

Brother Sultanator hows your Bubber Sher going?

I got a Bubber Sher last night as well :D

JazakALLAH Khair

Master_Entertainer said:
Yes i have oiled it started to knock the bat. Havent played with it yet.. Maybe i can try it next week. Has anyone any experience with SS TON GOLD EDITION OR SS TON SILVER EDITION? Have heard it is a good bat.
http://onlinestockist.com/SS-GOLD-EDITION-Grade-1-English-Willow-Cricket-Bat-P109411.aspx
loll I never read this post :))

Anyways, I haven't used SS Ton Gold Edition bat but Uncle Sam has it (or had it). It is quite amazing bat as it has really long sweet spot

The prices on OnlineStockist are amazing as well

I just picked up Bubber Sher and AS V3 from Karachi....amazing piece of wood I must admit.

I will post pictures upon my return.

I also got a couple of unbranded bats.

Just back from Pakistan; purchased;

Malik Sher Amin :afridi
Ihsan Inferno 350 :yk
CA Plus 5000 :inzi

I must say, the Sher Amin is an incredible piece of willow. Amazing sweet spot, and the edges are thick as hell. The only problem I've had is that on the way back I think the bag was thrown around a bit on the plane and the Sher has a slight dent on the back, merely a cosmetic injury, but still.

Altogether, the three bats cost me 20,000 rupees, Sher was 7000, Plus 5000 was 6500, and the Inferno was also 6500. xcalibur i'm interested to know where UT Sports is, I bought all my bats from the Islamabad area, and the Bubber Sher was listed at one of the shops at 17,000 rupees; looks like you got a bargain.

xkalibur80 said:
I just picked up Bubber Sher and AS V3 from Karachi....amazing piece of wood I must admit.

I will post pictures upon my return.

I also got a couple of unbranded bats.
We all know how good Bubber Sher so lets not talk about it :)

AS V3 is one of the most under rated Pakistani bat. I have heard lots of good thing from people who have owned or have seen this bat has always been full praised of this bat.

Poison said:

I must say, the Sher Amin is an incredible piece of willow. Amazing sweet spot, and the edges are thick as hell. The only problem I've had is that on the way back I think the bag was thrown around a bit on the plane and the Sher has a slight dent on the back, merely a cosmetic injury, but still.

Altogether, the three bats cost me 20,000 rupees, Sher was 7000, Plus 5000 was 6500, and the Inferno was also 6500. xcalibur i'm interested to know where UT Sports is, I bought all my bats from the Islamabad area, and the Bubber Sher was listed at one of the shops at 17,000 rupees; looks like you got a bargain.
Uhmm didn't you already have Sher Amin in the past? Anyways Sher Amin is hell of a bat!

Don't worry about that cosmetic damage it will not effect your bat performance or its life.

CA 5000 Plus is also a great bat. Majid Bhai had this bat and he said it is a great bat. In fact, I would say CA bats are amazing!

Recently I have heard great things about Ihsan bats and have also heard they have been making very good bats and are much improved bats.

Sher Amin price is okay and I believe UT Sports is selling at the same price. I have no clue how much CA 5K and Inferno 350 goes for.

That guy is ripping you off!!

Heres UT Sports address (I googled it):

Neighborhood: F.B. Area
Adam Lehri Market, Karimabad, F.B. Area.
Karachi, 74200

Phone: +92-21-6338350

At last brother do you mind posting few pictures of your bat(s)?

JazakALLAH Khair

Cover Drive said:
Uhmm didn't you already have Sher Amin in the past? Anyways Sher Amin is hell of a bat!

Don't worry about that cosmetic damage it will not effect your bat performance or its life.

CA 5000 Plus is also a great bat. Majid Bhai had this bat and he said it is a great bat. In fact, I would say CA bats are amazing!

Recently I have heard great things about Ihsan bats and have also heard they have been making very good bats and are much improved bats.

Sher Amin price is okay and I believe UT Sports is selling at the same price. I have no clue how much CA 5K and Inferno 350 goes for.

That guy is ripping you off!!

Heres UT Sports address (I googled it):

Neighborhood: F.B. Area
Adam Lehri Market, Karimabad, F.B. Area.
Karachi, 74200

Phone: +92-21-6338350

At last brother do you mind posting few pictures of your bat(s)?

JazakALLAH Khair

Yeah I bought a Sher Amin previously but gave it to my brother, I used to use a lighter Ihsan Crown, the Sher was just a bit too heavy. The newer model is however lighter and much thicker, which sounds wrong but somehow is right :afridi And I don't know what it is with CA's, but their middle is always amazing, regardless of the bat model.

I'll post up pics of the whole bat collection soon, I have about 7 now (mine and brothers) :jm

And yes I know that I got ripped off, particularly on the Ihsan Inferno, the same shop had the Inferno 950 for close to 20,000 rupees! But there's still a massive saving anyway, next time maybe I'll just buy the bats direct from Sialkot.

Poison said:
Yeah I bought a Sher Amin previously but gave it to my brother, I used to use a lighter Ihsan Crown, the Sher was just a bit too heavy. The newer model is however lighter and much thicker, which sounds wrong but somehow is right :afridi And I don't know what it is with CA's, but their middle is always amazing, regardless of the bat model.

I'll post up pics of the whole bat collection soon, I have about 7 now (mine and brothers) :jm

And yes I know that I got ripped off, particularly on the Ihsan Inferno, the same shop had the Inferno 950 for close to 20,000 rupees! But there's still a massive saving anyway, next time maybe I'll just buy the bats direct from Sialkot.
Yeahh you are right the newer model of Sher Amin is amazing! I also like the new stickers, they are much better compare to the old ones

Yeahh sure do post a picture of your bat collection soon in fact how about post a picture of your whole cricket kit?:p (Don't worry mate my brother shares my bat as well :) )

Uhmm UT Sports has Inferno 950 for Rs. 12000 whereas you can bargain a bit and get discount on it as well.

Cover Drive said:
loll I never read this post :))

Anyways, I haven't used SS Ton Gold Edition bat but Uncle Sam has it (or had it). It is quite amazing bat as it has really long sweet spot

The prices on OnlineStockist are amazing as well

Yeah i checked the prices at OnlineStockist, but the shipping costs makes it expensive for me.. Ive sent a mail to AS, i think im going to buy V3 with blue stickers + coloured batting pads, gloves etc

I know what you mean CD; the sticker of the Lion on the back is really awesome. :D

Last edited:
Poison said:
I know what you mean CD; the sticker of the Lion on the back is really awesome. :D
I love that sticker! Even the front sticker is much improved compare to the old one.

Master_Entertainer said:
Yeah i checked the prices at OnlineStockist, but the shipping costs makes it expensive for me.. Ive sent a mail to AS, i think im going to buy V3 with blue stickers + coloured batting pads, gloves etc

SF Saphire on Onlinestockist is pretty amazing as well.

I love AS V3 as welll InshALLAH I will be getting it once I go to Pakistan in summer

Poison said:

The highest price that I found for Bubber Sher was Rs.12000 and that too at Lords Sports in Karachi.

I was able to get Bubber Sher for Rs 8500 as I bought a total of 7 bats from UT Sports.

Between 7 bats and other equipment i.e. gloves, WK pads/gloves, guards, batting pads, helmets and kit bags I paid Rs 55000.

Cover Drive - I will need some assistance when it comes to oiling and knocking of the bats. Perhaps, you can refer me to a youtube video.

I also checked out genuine Kookaburra and GM bats and they are way too pricey! I think Lords Sports was selling it for Rs 25000.

The price varies at every store in Pakistan but from what I have heard and seen UT Sports is most reiiable store in Karachi

My clubs uniform were made by uniform and few other items were purchased so at the end our club bought things around Rs. 100,000 from them

No worries!

It depends which English bat it was. GM top of the line bats tend to be around $500. Generally English bats are expensive compare to Pakistani's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back