Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paradox said:
Well yeah, and the Bubber Sher is quite the eye candy as well. As soon as I took it out of my kitbag for some nets, quite a few people from my team and the opposing team came to have a look at it. It's a lovely piece of willow.. just one complaint, since the logo etc is all paint, the bat with it's logos will look quite ugly after playing a season or so with it.

Well that shouldn't really matter, since you're buying the bat to play with, not to get others attracted to it's looks :yk

Anyway, my Bubber Sher has got quite a lot of grains (10 or 11, I can't remember right now), so it's quite a great bat for hard hitting, also because of the lovely thick edges. Lots of people said it's good for the limited overs format.. but for 3-4 day games, other bats are better, since hard hitting isn't really required there.
You are right bro Bubber Sher does attract alot of people. I remember when one of our club member got Bubber Sher last season and when lever he took it out nearly whole roster of the club came around to check out his bat.

It has around 40 mm of edges which is thickest among Pakistani bats. But the thickness varies with the bat weight (I think). Bubber Sher generally has around 10-11 grains but again sometime it doesn't matter on the grains. Grade A bat generally has around 8+ straight grains. I think Usman Bhai's (usman_ash14:20:) Bubber Sher has around 8 or 9 grains. But as long the grains are pretty straight then the bat is Grade A willow.

As far paint it concerned it depends which type of paint it has. For example, Usman Bhai's Bubber Sher is painted version but he has used it for a season and his pair never came off as I believe it had differnt sort of paint or finishing but I am pretty sure that your Bubber Sher paint would come off as it was purchased from UT Sports (since my friends Bubber Sher was purchased from UT Sports his painted came off after the ball struck it's painted region)

Yeahh this bat is more of ODIs and T20 bat but who cares it can be used for 3-4 days games as well let alone people. It is upto you whether you want to use it or not. But I am pretty sure you won't be playing 3-4 days will you? If you will be and would consider buying a new bat for that format my advise to you would be to buy a cheap bat like CA 2020 or CA Pro 2020 or CA 5000 Plus (you could go for higher ends as t depends on your budget and your perferences)

Atlast I would like to wish you all the best for your upcoming season and wish that you score loads of runs with your Bubber Sher

Also Paradox Bhai I think pictures of Usman Bhai's Bubber Sher are posted on page 3 or 4 not quite sure :(

Cover Drive said:
Atlast I would like to wish you all the best for your upcoming season and wish that you score loads of runs with your Bubber Sher

Thanks mate. We have a game on Thursday against South Australia Tourism Board which is touring Asia I think, and they've come to Singapore as well. Darren Lehmann will also be playing, and I'll be playing against him, so it'll be quite nice :D And this'll be a whole different match altogether, much tougher opposition than local club sides.

Cover Drive said:
Sultanator Bhai did you get your Bubber Sher?

There was a big hold up transferring money to my cousin. I last contacted him on Thursday and he said he'll buy lots of bubble wrap and a suitable box in 2-3 days and then let me know when he's posted it. Inshallah it will arrive sometime this week/next week. Oh, and the bat has stickers and was rs.9000.

Cover Drive said:
Master Entertainer Bhai why don't you contact UT Sports in Karachi as well? They can give you AS V3 a bit cheaper compare to AS Factory prices also these UT Sports people can ship the bat to you as well

I recently saw CA Plus helmet the one Dilshan uses it is pretty nice helmet, foaming isgood but the view is a drawback. It doesn't have a great view perhaps I didn't put the grill properly :(

How can i contact them? What price did u get for the ASV3? Usually it is the shipping which is the problem.. AS wants 90 USD for shipping one bat, that is quite expensive.

Master_Entertainer said:
How can i contact them? What price did u get for the ASV3? Usually it is the shipping which is the problem.. AS wants 90 USD for shipping one bat, that is quite expensive.
AS people told me that shipping to Toronto, Canada would be $22 USD for one bat and UT told me it will be Rs.2000 Rupees for one bat to Toronto. So I am not sure how much it will be to Norway. I am buying ASV3 for Rs.8300. You can google there number and call them.

sultanator said:
There was a big hold up transferring money to my cousin. I last contacted him on Thursday and he said he'll buy lots of bubble wrap and a suitable box in 2-3 days and then let me know when he's posted it. Inshallah it will arrive sometime this week/next week. Oh, and the bat has stickers and was rs.9000.
I hope all the money matter get sorted out quickly and I hope you get your bat quickly and really soon

As far price is concerned it seems to be fine that's what my friend paid to get a Bubber Sher for my clubmate

I will post that UT Sports invoince later today so everyone can have a look at it

Paradox said:
Thanks mate. We have a game on Thursday against South Australia Tourism Board which is touring Asia I think, and they've come to Singapore as well. Darren Lehmann will also be playing, and I'll be playing against him, so it'll be quite nice :D And this'll be a whole different match altogether, much tougher opposition than local club sides.
Ohh I hope you guys win against SA

By the way, Paradox what type of club or league do you play for? I mean since foreign teams are visiting Singapore to play you guys so you must be playing very high end cricket.

Sultanator Bhai where was your Bubber Sher purchased from? Sometimes the store where you purchase the bats from has already oiled your bat. For instance, my friend brought Sher Amin for one of my club mate (it was purchased from UT Sports) so that bat was already oiled so it didn't require any further coats. But once you recieve your bat and you notice that the willow is quite dry then oil (light coating) back once (avoiding the sticker regions just the exposed wood) and the edges. If scuff is not on then oil the face once as well. Some people say that you just need to oil the face of the bat and not back and edges.

Another thing Sultanator Bhai once you get you bat make sure you knock in a bit and play with good quality old ball intially (short catches)

Hope it helps! But again it depends on your bat you never know it might be oiled

ASAWRAB Guys,

Yesterday our club had indoor practice I went there but I didn't play at all (I didn't ball or bat a single ball). So my brother who is in same club as me went there as well so he played with my CA 12000 Plus and I was just watching him from sidelines. I must say this is amazing bat. The ping of this bat was just amazing I mean he wasn't quite timing the ball properly since he is a "sloggger" sort of player but still the ball managed to cover enough distance. He did time few shots properly in which shots I saw the ball going like a rocket. Balance of this bat was pretty amazing according to him. He also told me that it has quite long sweet spot. He played few shots which were off lower end of the bat and even on those shots he managed to cover a reasonable distance.

If someone is considering to buy this bat then I would surely recommend them to go for it

If you have any question about this bat please let me know.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Sultanator Bhai where was your Bubber Sher purchased from? Sometimes the store where you purchase the bats from has already oiled your bat. For instance, my friend brought Sher Amin for one of my club mate (it was purchased from UT Sports) so that bat was already oiled so it didn't require any further coats. But once you recieve your bat and you notice that the willow is quite dry then oil (light coating) back once (avoiding the sticker regions just the exposed wood) and the edges. If scuff is not on then oil the face once as well. Some people say that you just need to oil the face of the bat and not back and edges.

Another thing Sultanator Bhai once you get you bat make sure you knock in a bit and play with good quality old ball intially (short catches)

Hope it helps! But again it depends on your bat you never know it might be oiled

Jazzak Allah brother! The bat was bought from Sialkot, not sure what shop though, i'll see the situation when the bat gets here, soon inshallah.

Ok guys, i think i have a problem. I ordered a CA double-mallet/grip cone combo on saturday for £7.99 from AS Sports UK. I've only got a transaction confirmation from WorldPay, but nothing from AS. So is all this normal? Oh, and what's worse is that the price rose to £9.99, so i hope i still only have to pay £7.99 because that's the price in the confirmation.

Sultanator Bhai, Majid Bhai will be able to help you as I am pretty sure he has bought something from there

Majid, check this one out. You may have seen it before but aint it cool?

[utube]zepRtH6JHNA[/utube]​

sultanator said:
Ok guys, i think i have a problem. I ordered a CA double-mallet/grip cone combo on saturday for £7.99 from AS Sports UK. I've only got a transaction confirmation from WorldPay, but nothing from AS. So is all this normal? Oh, and what's worse is that the price rose to £9.99, so i hope i still only have to pay £7.99 because that's the price in the confirmation.

I just asked Asad Bhai frm AS Sports UK about the price he said they have run out of the mallets they bought 6 months ago, hence the price was 7.99 but now the new ones have increase in price to 9.99 inc postage and ur order will be sent tomorrow.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Sultanator Bhai, Majid Bhai will be able to help you as I am pretty sure he has bought something from there

Yes I bought a custom made AS grade 1 & BAS Bow 20/20 LE frm Asad Bhai(assports.co.uk) last season, hes by far the best seller in the uk of Asian and English brands his prices are well better then uk sites.

Cover Drive said:

I concur with Uzair.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
ASAWRAB Guys,

Yesterday our club had indoor practice I went there but I didn't play at all (I didn't ball or bat a single ball). So my brother who is in same club as me went there as well so he played with my CA 12000 Plus and I was just watching him from sidelines. I must say this is amazing bat. The ping of this bat was just amazing I mean he wasn't quite timing the ball properly since he is a "sloggger" sort of player but still the ball managed to cover enough distance. He did time few shots properly in which shots I saw the ball going like a rocket. Balance of this bat was pretty amazing according to him. He also told me that it has quite long sweet spot. He played few shots which were off lower end of the bat and even on those shots he managed to cover a reasonable distance.

If someone is considering to buy this bat then I would surely recommend them to go for it

If you have any question about this bat please let me know.

ut oiih Uzair Bhai seems like ur CA is similar quality to my SG king Cobra and very good review.
And I've sold my SS Ranger bat to semi-pro guy hes same guy i sold my bubber sher to and he said the bubber sher is amazing test quality and frm the toe to where it says used & recommenced if the ball hits any where between that it flies off it.

JAZZAKALLAH KHAIR

Majid_V3 said:
I just asked Asad Bhai frm AS Sports UK about the price he said they have run out of the mallets they bought 6 months ago, hence the price was 7.99 but now the new ones have increase in price to 9.99 inc postage and ur order will be sent tomorrow.

Jazzak Allah Majid bhai. I just received the order fulfilment e-mail from Mr. Asad Qureshi.

Uncle Sam said:
Majid, check this one out. You may have seen it before but aint it cool?

[utube]zepRtH6JHNA[/utube]​

Hii oiih new way to change grip and yeh its very cool Sam :younis

Majid_V3 said:
ut oiih Uzair Bhai seems like ur CA is similar quality to my SG king Cobra and very good review.
And I've sold my SS Ranger bat to semi-pro guy hes same guy i sold my bubber sher to and he said the bubber sher is amazing test quality and frm the toe to where it says used & recommenced if the ball hits any where between that it flies off it.

JAZZAKALLAH KHAIR
Yeahh since both are Grade 1 willow so they do share characteristic. But Majid Bhai I won't be using my CA 12000 Plus alot in indoors. So far I haven't used it so I will use it once and if anyone from my club wants to use it I will let them use it and then I will store it away. Same thing will apply to my AS V3 once I get it InshALLAH. I will take extra care for AS V3 because it will have more grains compare to my CA 12K.

Good to hear that bro, is that semi-pro guy from CSF? It is good that you have a buyer who can buy your bats. Even not you can easily sell your bats as your bats are in good shape.

yaar Majid Bhai tell us more about your SF and SG bat please? Perhaps compare it with AS V3 :s Your SF thickness is same as Bubber Sher right? Your SF is a gem seriously.

JazakALLAH Khair

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Uncle Sam which bats do you have? Or you have used? Tell us more about your bats? Also can you post pictures of them as well?

JazakALLAH Khair..

I may not have all the pics but will upload later whatever I may dig out but here is a small detail of some of the very fascinating bats I had this year.

Starting with

(1) Gray Nicolls Fusion-2 "Players" bat. This bat was personally custom made for me by Stuart Kranzbuhler of Gray Nicolls Australia. Test Grade English Willow at 2 lbs 7 Oz, it was an unbelievable monster and was the most expensive bats I ever owned. Paid over US$700 for it new. Recently sold it on Ebay Australia after having a great year with it.

(2) Redback "Allegiance". My personal favorite. Test grade supreme class English Willow at 2lbs 8oz . It was custom made for me by Gary Day of Redback Cricket. This bat was bought by a teammate who loves it more than his wife. The pick-up, balance, weight transfer and ping were matchless. I believe Redback Allegiance are perhaps the best custom made bats in the world but then as with all bats with great ping, there is always a slightly higher probability of short life due to soft pressing of the highest grade English willow.

(3) Bradbury's S-500. Bought on a very good deal. Absolutely fantastic bat with highest class English Willow. This bat was given to a friend as a gift who holds the bat dear to the extent that he has made it a decoration piece instead of playing with it. This friend holds a record of having 4 balls lost in one over in over sized cricket ground, you can imagine the size of sixes he had hit.

(4) Canterbury weapon 500 made by Warsop of UK. What else can I say when a bat is made by Warsop? A good friend and teammate wanted to see this bat when he heard about it, he hold the bat and never gave it back to me. Although he did pay me for what I had paid but what an Absolute beauty was it. Only 500 were made by Warsop.

(5) AS-V3 custom made on my request in their Sialkot Factory. It was an extremely good bat but the pick-up and balance was not near to my already spoiled level of playing with high End custom made English bats. I sold it on Ebay without even taking off the plastic packing. Someone in France bought it and is happy with it.

(6) SS Ton L.E. bat which was a personal bat of some Karthik guy who has played for India. Absolutely cracker of a bat but the handle split while I was practicing. The bat was unfortunately stolen from me before I could send it for a handle replacement.

(7) CJI Limited Edition Fatso (the Fat a$$). The bat was a monster but too heavy to play with for my liking. Sold it to someone in California.

Currently, I have a Slazenger "The Don" cricket bat. Only 100 of these super class bats were made in tribute to the great Don Bradman himself. This bat is more of a collector's item with laser engraved hallmarks and really too good to be played with. Slazenger made sure that ever aspect of these 100 bats is unsurpassed. I just have this bat sitting on shelf.

And finally, I have recently placed an order for a bat which is illegal by ICC specs due to having an extra wide blade. I am bound not to disclose the manufacture's name as they might get into trouble for taking their chances with ICC regulations but will post the pics of the blank bat once received.

Don’t get me wrong here, I hold great respect for Asian bats but almost always, the handle quality disappoints me. In my experience, custom made high end English bats are your best bet if u play proper cricket, and Asian bats are best for slogging type batting.
Newbery came up with B-52 bomber bat which is a high end (SPS and Players Edition) English made bat made along the Asian style profile. So it may enjoy the best of both worlds.

^^ Wow !!!
Looks like you have reached the top level in finding the ultimate bats. I played with a Mjolnir SPS and a Private Bin this year. Both were top notch stuff. Looking into trying a custom made Warsop Platinum or a Salix Pod 1 for next year. Any suggestions?

I looked at a Pod 1 lil while ago, the profile bow was steep enough to make it look like a spoon ('guess it was an off the shelf product), so if u r opening the innings and looking to hit it over the top in the power plays then it could be your best but u can always have it made with your specs, and obviously you could never go wrong with a Warsop Platinum.
I have heard, and I may wrong, but they say, Salix are now made in india. Some finishing touches are given in UK to justify the "made in England" stickers.
Both are great bats and pricey as well.

Uncle Sam said:
Don’t get me wrong here, I hold great respect for Asian bats but almost always, the handle quality disappoints me. In my experience, custom made high end English bats are your best bet if u play proper cricket, and Asian bats are best for slogging type batting.

Haaa? Ive read on many websites that 90-95% of the crickets are MADE IN INDIA OR PAKISTAN. I know that some custom made cricket bats from UK can be good, but in my opinion, they r not worth the price.

How on earth are English bats best for proper cricket, when almost all the bats in the market are made in the subcontinent? So Kookaburra and Gray Nicholls " are best for slogging type batting" ?

If Cook and co. had a Bubber Sher or a CA PLUS 10000 L.E. in their hands , then they might (accidentally) hit a boundary, so i think get your point.

MashALLAH Uncle Sam amazing bats you had. In fact, for some companies I am not fully aware and I am not quite sure which one are they. I am kinda rookie to these bats and stuff as this is the first time I got interested in bats. However, recently I also joined CSF InshALLAH I'll catch up with these brands soon. How many grains did your Bradbury's S-500 have? I have seen CJI on its website and it is quite thick. Did you by any chance measure the edges or do you know how thick are they?

Sure do post pictures of your "illegal bat" :))

Which Asian brand disappointed you in terms of its handle? So far the only Asian brand I have heard of which had weak handle were Ihsan (Inferno 950) but now I have heard it came with an improved version. Doesn't it also depends how you hold? I know few people they put all of there weight on the handle which in result breaks.

Master_Entertainer said:
Haaa? Ive read on many websites that 90-95% of the crickets are MADE IN INDIA OR PAKISTAN. I know that some custom made cricket bats from UK can be good, but in my opinion, they r not worth the price.

How on earth are English bats best for proper cricket, when almost all the bats in the market are made in the subcontinent? So Kookaburra and Gray Nicholls " are best for slogging type batting" ?

If Cook and co. had a Bubber Sher or a CA PLUS 10000 L.E. in their hands , then they might (accidentally) hit a boundary, so i think get your point.

I totally agree with you Dosta.

Asian bats are by far the best mate.

My SF Saphire is the best bat I've ever had better than Hand made Fusions and Laver & Woods which cost £140 more.

Also owned plenty of other Asian bats and are better than English bats which cost £150 more.

I would never buy a English bat again and will always buy CA's, AS, SS, SG, SF and MB Malik's.

This SF & SG look to beat anything I've ever owned.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
MashALLAH Uncle Sam amazing bats you had. In fact, for some companies I am not fully aware and I am not quite sure which one are they. I am kinda rookie to these bats and stuff as this is the first time I got interested in bats. However, recently I also joined CSF InshALLAH I'll catch up with these brands soon. How many grains did your Bradbury's S-500 have? I have seen CJI on its website and it is quite thick. Did you by any chance measure the edges or do you know how thick are they?

Sure do post pictures of your "illegal bat" :))

Which Asian brand disappointed you in terms of its handle? So far the only Asian brand I have heard of which had weak handle were Ihsan (Inferno 950) but now I have heard it came with an improved version. Doesn't it also depends how you hold? I know few people they put all of there weight on the handle which in result breaks.

I am telling you... watch out for it. This bat collecting thing is a severe addiction and you might end up spending a lot of money in quest of finding the ultimate bats. Always keep a conservative approach and ready to resist against the temptation of buying "good looking" bats off the internet. The best way is to ALWAYS pick the bat, hold it and feel the balance and weight transfer. Buying online can be disappointing.
The Bradbury S-500 I had, had 12 ruler straight equally spaced grains on an absolutely Lush cleft of English Willow.

The CJI Fatso I had, had over 50 mm edges. I guess I have posted its pics above somewhere in this thread.

There may be exceptions to handle in Asian bats and obviously there are some very good ones. A teammate who has played against Sri Lanka and represented United States national team in champion's league has a 15 years old CA (Kashmir willow) bat. And this is the only bat he would use. It's handle is still intact in contrast to many Asian bats I have seen with cracked handles, handles not placed perfectly in the splice with rifts filled with filling agents etc. And obviously there may be low end English bats with poor handles. But talking on a broader level, the handle quality of good English made bats edges out for me. Some people may have a different opinion which they are entitled to and I have nothing against it. :)

Here is the cricinfo profile of my teammate...
http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/content/player/25858.html

and not to brag about it but I have a profile on cricinfo as well but would refrain from posting it over here for personal reasons.

Master_Entertainer said:

Have you played County Cricket in UK or first class cricket in Pakistan if not international cricket yet?
Son, Me and Sam are talking on a whole different level.

Sam, I know Mr Tehsin Ahmed. He has captained the Karachi team that produced 2 captains for Pakistan, Rashid Lateef, and Moin Khan. Tehsin had an elder brother Muqeem if we are on the same page?
And I sent you a private message taking a wild guess as who you may be? :) And I guess you MAY know me as well. I represented Pakistan college eleven against against Sri Lanka college eleven in 90's.

Koenigsegg said:
Have you played County Cricket in UK or first class cricket in Pakistan if not international cricket yet?

Sam, I know Mr Tehsin Ahmed. He has captained the Karachi team that produced 2 captains for Pakistan, Rashid Lateef, and Moin Khan. Tehsin had an elder brother Muqeem if we are on the same page?
And I sent you a private message taking a wild guess as who you may be? :) And I guess you MAY know me as well. I represented Pakistan college eleven against against Sri Lanka college eleven in 90's.

AND we are impressed? Look, it doesnt matter what level of cricket im playing, the fact is that almost every cricket brand is made in Pakistan or India, so why are you even trying to show off with your "English" sticks?

Nothing is English anymore, so get over with it. Custom made bats in england are an exception, but in my and many others opinion theyre not worth the price. Pakistani and Indian bats are high quality bats, used by world class players, so there has never been any doubt about their quality.

Son, Me and Sam are talking on a whole different level. What level are you talking about? Are you a test player? You may be talking on a different level, but it is quite obvious that you dont know much about cricket bats. Even Dilshan use CA in test matches, so your argument is ridiculous.

Master_Entertainer said:
AND we are impressed? Look, it doesnt matter what level of cricket im playing, the fact is that almost every cricket brand is made in Pakistan or India, so why are you even trying to show off with your "English" sticks?

Nothing is English anymore, so get over with it. Custom made bats in england are an exception, but in my and many others opinion theyre not worth the price. Pakistani and Indian bats are high quality bats, used by world class players, so there has never been any doubt about their quality.

Son, Me and Sam are talking on a whole different level. What level are you talking about? Are you a test player? You may be talking on a different level, but it is quite obvious that you dont know much about cricket bats. Even Dilshan use CA in test matches, so your argument is ridiculous.

And your post is absolutely ridiculous as well. No player uses the same brand bat that the sticker on their bats show. Companies like Slazenger, CA, Malik, etc (basically each and every company which makes bats) "sponsor" batsmen, and put their bat stickers on their bats, so they can fool gullible people like you to go buy their bats just because you think a player uses the same one.

Each and every player has their own bat, unbranded, and custom made for their weight, how heavy they want it, grains, etc etc.

And also your post is ridiculous because, just because most people use Asian branded bats these days, doesn't mean they're necessarily better. Yes brands like Slazenger are nothing special but brands like Bradbury and other brands the others have posted here are absolutely amazing bats, much better than any of the other bats you'll ever see. I've tried them, and it's impossible to say in words how outstanding these bats are.

Don't make any judgments on any bats at all before you hold them and pick it up.

Paradox said:
And your post is absolutely ridiculous as well. No player uses the same brand bat that the sticker on their bats show. Companies like Slazenger, CA, Malik, etc (basically each and every company which makes bats) "sponsor" batsmen, and put their bat stickers on their bats, so they can fool gullible people like you to go buy their bats just because you think a player uses the same one.

Each and every player has their own bat, unbranded, and custom made for their weight, how heavy they want it, grains, etc etc.

And also your post is ridiculous because, just because most people use Asian branded bats these days, doesn't mean they're necessarily better. Yes brands like Slazenger are nothing special but brands like Bradbury and other brands the others have posted here are absolutely amazing bats, much better than any of the other bats you'll ever see. I've tried them, and it's impossible to say in words how outstanding these bats are.

Don't make any judgments on any bats at all before you hold them and pick it up.

Everyone knows players put stickers on their bats, but thank you for telling us. The point was that many world class players use asian bats, i know that because often players get the question about what kind of bat they like and use.

Bradbury amazing? I have tried redback, Bradbury, Laver & Wood etc. and theyr not even close to bats like SF, SG, SS, BDM, CA, MALIK and AS. Dont talk about stuff you know nothing about, i have tried more bats than boundaries uve hit with your "Eneglish" bats.

Hey Master,
I didn't mean to offend you and apologize if I did. Asian bats are super great bats. I guess I should have rather said that "Custom made High End English bats are not good for slogging", while Asian bats are good for both slogging and text book perfect shots. And yes, thats a fact.
Now, just like you are comfortable playing with Asian bats, there are many Asian test players who prefer using custom English bats.... again, don't mean to brag about it but I met Sangakkara at Warsop's factory in Essex... guess why was he there? Yes, to have a few custom bats made to his own specs ... Back in 2008 I bought a bat from Rana Naveed.. it was custom made by Tim Keely of Newbery and stickered as Gray Nicolls. The point is, each to its own... you prefer Asian bats, and some people may prefer (and can afford) high end custom made English bats .... but we can still be friends :)

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
Hey Master,
I didn't mean to offend you and apologize if I did. Asian bats are super great bats. I guess I should have rather said that "Custom made High End English bats are not good for slogging", while Asian bats are good for both slogging and text book perfect shots. And yes, thats a fact.
Now, just like you are comfortable playing with Asian bats, there are many Asian test players who prefer using custom English bats.... again, don't mean to brag about it but I met Sangakkara at Warsop's factory in Essex... guess why was he there? Yes, to have a few custom bats made to his own specs ... Back in 2008 I bought a bat from Rana Naveed.. it was custom made by Tim Keely of Newbery and stickered as Gray Nicolls. The point is, each to its own... you prefer Asian bats, and some people may prefer (and can afford) high end custom made English bats .... but we can still be friends :)
yaar mere Bhai the two bolded lines doesn't quite make sense. Rana was all over the park with those Gray Nicolls stickered sticks he had. Remember ICL? Few in county as well :)

I remember before I had my kit I was to buy (you can say I had almost bought it) Newberry UZI but later I didn't buy it as I said it was a crappy brand and no player has ever used it nor I have seen any player using it. So i said to myself look Gray Nicolls is better than Newberry lolll :))) Now I found that Newberry is a good brand :))

Cover Drive said:
yaar mere Bhai the two bolded lines doesn't quite make sense. Rana was all over the park with those Gray Nicolls stickered sticks he had. Remember ICL? Few in county as well :)

lol yaar ab kia karain ... kabhi kabhi kisi ka dil rakhnay k liye kehna parta hai.

Cover Drive said:
I remember before I had my kit I was to buy (you can say I had almost bought it) Newberry UZI but later I didn't buy it as I said it was a crappy brand and no player has ever used it nor I have seen any player using it. So i said to myself look Gray Nicolls is better than Newberry lolll :))) Now I found that Newberry is a good brand :))

Off the shelf bats could be anything..... specially by manufactures who produce bats on mass scale (Like GM, Gray Nicolls, KOOK etc), They do not care much about quality of willow clefts since they have to meet the production demand while you can get a carefully selected willow cleft for a custom bat made according to your specs (but yeah, be ready to pay the high price for good quality). And as someone said above, hardly any of the professional batsmen ever uses an off the shelf bat. Almost all of them are custom made.
I remember playing with a friend's Newbery Series 1... absolutely plank. Did not have a sweet spot AT ALL.
The least impressive bats I experienced are KOOKABURRA and Slazenger, interestingly both are "Non Asian brands" that are made in Asia yet are not better than AS-V3 (which in my opinion is the best Asian bat).

Uncle Sam said:
lol yaar ab kia karain ... kabhi kabhi kisi ka dil rakhnay k liye kehna parta hai.
Master Bhai don't worry I am with you. I am getting AS V3 InshALLAH as well as you so don't worry me you and Majid Bhai are on same boat we are kinda "Pro-Asian" :p

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
Off the shelf bats could be anything..... specially by manufactures who produce bats on mass scale (Like GM, Gray Nicolls, KOOK etc), They do not care much about quality of willow clefts since they have to meet the production demand while you can get a carefully selected willow cleft for a custom bat made according to your specs (but yeah, be ready to pay the high price for good quality). And as someone said above, hardly any of the professional batsmen ever uses an off the shelf bat. Almost all of them are custom made.
I remember playing with a friend's Newbery Series 1... absolutely plank. Did not have a sweet spot AT ALL.
The least impressive bats I experienced are KOOKABURRA and Slazenger, interestingly both are "Non Asian brands" that are made in Asia yet are not better than AS-V3 (which in my opinion is the best Asian bat).
I only have one English brand bat in which I got ripped off badly. As I told you that I am quitw new to this stuff so at that time when I bought the stuff I had no clue what are the characteristic of a good bat. I got Gray Nicolls bat and thought all of them are same and would be amazing bats. But that guy took advantage of my foolness and ripped me off giving me 3 Star set and saying it is best ones. Now I am kinda aware of the bats and when I recall this I feel like hitting my head on the wall really badly. To be honest with you guys at that time I could have bought GM Duelist 707 pads and gloves along Newberry UZI bat but in my mind it was that I want all three things of same brand and more importantly I want GN stuff as MoYo uses it. So because of that I kinda got ripped off.

So Bhai in custom made bats what can you get of yourself? I mean in terms of grains and stuff?

Also why would you rate AS V3 the best Asian bat even above Indian's Kook and Slaz (which are English brands)?

Master_Entertainer said:
Everyone knows players put stickers on their bats, but thank you for telling us. The point was that many world class players use asian bats, i know that because often players get the question about what kind of bat they like and use.

Bradbury amazing? I have tried redback, Bradbury, Laver & Wood etc. and theyr not even close to bats like SF, SG, SS, BDM, CA, MALIK and AS. Dont talk about stuff you know nothing about, i have tried more bats than boundaries uve hit with your "Eneglish" bats.
Inzamam used Asian bat throughout his life and they are certainly many others who have used Asian bats which English brand stickers on them

Cover Drive said:
So Bhai in custom made bats what can you get of yourself? I mean in terms of grains and stuff?

Also why would you rate AS V3 the best Asian bat even above Indian's Kook and Slaz (which are English brands)?

AS V3 = Best Value for your money.
You can have a custom made AS V3 according to your specs (preffered weight, sweet spot location, edge thickness, profile shape, handle size, hard or soft roller pressed, etc all in grade 1 English willow) for about $150.00 delivered internationally in contrast to a CA 10K Plus L.E. for $350.00 or an SS Ton Matrix L.E. Players Edition whatever for $450.00 which in my personal opinion (and I may be wrong) is either equal or less than an AS V3 in terms of balance, pick-up and weight transfer.

for English Custom made, try a Redback Allegiance in 2 lbs 7ish Oz in Grade 1 EW, medium pressed bowed profile, will cost around £140.00 and go thru a few extensive knock-in sessions... most probably, you will find that the whole bat is a sweet spot. :)

Last edited:
Uncle Sam said:
AS V3 = Best Value for your money.
You can have a custom made AS V3 according to your specs (preffered weight, sweet spot location, edge thickness, profile shape, handle size, hard or soft roller pressed, etc all in grade 1 English willow) for about $150.00 delivered internationally in contrast to a CA 10K Plus L.E. for $350.00 or an SS Ton Matrix L.E. Players Edition whatever for $450.00 which in my personal opinion (and I may be wrong) is either equal or less than an AS V3 in terms of balance, pick-up and weight transfer.

for English Custom made, try a Redback Allegiance in 2 lbs 7ish Oz in Grade 1 EW, medium pressed bowed profile, will cost around £140.00 and go thru a few extensive knock-in sessions... most probably, you will find that the whole bat is a sweet spot. :)
I recently ordered AS V3 which costed me $100 CAD. However, CA 10K Plus LE is around $200 CAD as I recently got my CA 12K Plus for $180.

Uhmm can a custom made bat be ordered online? Perhaps for a Pakistani brand?

Btw are you aware of the difference between CA 12K Plus and CA 10K Plus LE?

Another thing if it is hard pressed or soft pressed it just effects the ping right?

I think Majid Bhai has the SS Matrix bat you are talking about. I'll ask him how is it.

Another thing you are quite right that AS V3 seems (I haven't seen it yet so can't say anything for sure so I am just assuming) best value for money because AS V3 costs around Rs. 8300
CA 12K Plus Rs.14300
CA 10K LE around Rs.16000
Ihsan Inferno 950 around Rs. 14000
Bubber Sher Rs. 9000

I remember I once asked UT Sports the price of CA 10K Plus and CA 10K Plus LE (if I were to be precise it was on October 4th 2009). He told me that the price of these both bats is same. I am pretty sure he got confused among them.

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
I recently ordered AS V3 which costed me $100 CAD. However, CA 10K Plus LE is around $200 CAD as I recently got my CA 12K Plus for $180.

These CA prices look iffy.
Plz contact CA Sialkot factory directly to get a price quote on a CA 10K Plus LE.
http://www.cawears.com/cricket/

Soft pressed willow will produce greater ping but there is a trade off of a shorter life span of the bat. The soft pressed bat will probably break sooner than a hard pressed bat.

Uncle Sam said:
These CA prices look iffy.
Plz contact CA Sialkot factory directly to get a price quote on a CA 10K Plus LE.
http://www.cawears.com/cricket/

Soft pressed willow will produce greater ping but there is a trade off of a shorter life span of the bat. The soft pressed bat will probably break sooner than a hard pressed bat.
I remember I had asked them few weeks ago they told me it was around Rs. 18000 whereas CA 12000 Plus was around Rs.16000. UT sells them slightly cheaper compare to the factory.

^^ I haven't been dealing with them lately and don't know how does it work but they have posted £249.00 for a CA 10K Plus L.E on their website which is about Rs 35,000.00

Uncle Sam said:
^^ I haven't been dealing with them lately and don't know how does it work but they have posted £249.00 for a CA 10K Plus L.E on their website which is about Rs 35,000.00
That price is just written there but once you email them and ask them for the price they will tell you something around what I wrote earlier.

Uncle Sam (Or Bhai) are you aware of the difference between CA 12000 Plus and CA 10000 Plus LE? If so do you mind explaining it?

JazakALLAH Khair..

^^ I am not sure about that but assuming its the quality of Willow (mainly cosmetic) and slight shift of sweet spot and may be a slight variation in the profile shape. Your best bet is to send them an email and get the official verdict.
The did quote me $350.00 for a LE back in 2008.

Uncle Sam said:
^^ I am not sure about that but assuming its the quality of Willow (mainly cosmetic) and slight shift of sweet spot and may be a slight variation in the profile shape. Your best bet is to send them an email and get the official verdict.
The did quote me $350.00 for a LE back in 2008.
I just mailed them asking the difference between those two bats

Below is the email which I had recieved from them on October 30th

Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 15:33:46 +0500
To: m_uzair36@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: Question Regarding CA Products

Dear Uzair

Thank you for email message.

The ex-factory price of your required items is as under:

CA 12000 Plus Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 16,000
CA 12000 Plus Batting Pads - Pak. Rupees 2,200
CA 10000 Plus Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 11,000
CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition Cricket Bat (Imran Nazir) - Pak. Rupees 18,000
CA 10000 Plus Batting Pads (Lightweight ones) - Pak. Rupees 2,500
Woodworm Omega Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 8,500

Also Uncle Sam I have attached UT latest invoice where a Bubber Sher, Sher Amin and CA 12000 Plus were purchased. On receipt each bat is named as persons name. I will do the breakdown for you

Uzair- CA 12000 Plus
Vinay- Sher Amin
Vishal- Bubber Sher

Hope it helps!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 701
Last edited:
hmmm... Looks like they have special discriminative prices for me :) I dug out an email conversation with CA Back in Oct 2008. check it out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RE: Bat price inquiry‏
From: CA Sports - Sialkot - PAKISTAN (sales@ca-sports.com.pk)
Sent: Fri 10/24/08 11:31 AM
To: *******

Dear Sir:

Thank you for email message. Plus 10000 Limited Edition bats are made of selected top most quality wood and only few of these bats are available. The price of this bat is US350 including delivery charges.

Kind regards,
Zahid Javed(CA Sports)

At 12:09 AM 10/24/2008, you wrote: >

Dear Javed,
Whats the difference between a CA plus 12000 and a CA Plus 10000 Limited Edition?

Uncle Sam that is about a year old. So the price have must depriciated big times. My mail was of Oct 2009 whereas yours is of Oct 2008. Now there is around 2000 rupees difference.

Cover Drive said:
yaar Majid Bhai sold your AS V3 as well? Your ad is no longer posted on Ebay
Haan Uzair bat went really cheap for £61 & it was worth £20 more

Majid_V3 said:
Haan Uzair bat went really cheap for £61 & it was worth £20 more
yaar then you should have bumped up the shipping? Weren't you able to do that? I mean you could do that right? I am not quite sure as I have never sold anything on Ebay

yes i could have changed the shipping cost while the listing was on but if i bumped up the shipping after the bat ended then it would have put off the winning bidder and if i sold it few weeks b4 the cricket season starts nxt year then surely it would have went for £30-40 more.

Majid_V3 said:
yes i could have changed the shipping cost while the listing was on but if i bumped up the shipping after the bat ended then it would have put off the winning bidder and if i sold it few weeks b4 the cricket season starts nxt year then surely it would have went for £30-40 more.
Yeahh truee say Majid Bhai. I remember last year during the season I sold my friends CA 2020 (same friend who brought CA 12000 Plus for me and gifted me CA 2020). I sold his for $120 whereas I sold my CA 2020 for $75.

Aur sonao Majid Bhai? Which bat is next?

Bas badia aj kal I sold quite a few things bubber sher (£85), SS Ranger (£80), used AS v3(£61) and champ gloves (£25).
Aur I've not really decided on which bat to get I might get SG sunny tonny or SF platinum or SF LE but I'll try not to buy anymore bats.

Majid_V3 said:
Bas badia aj kal I sold quite a few things bubber sher (£85), SS Ranger (£80), used AS v3(£61) and champ gloves (£25).
Aur I've not really decided on which bat to get I might get SG sunny tonny or SF platinum or SF LE but I'll try not to buy anymore bats.
Yeahh I know you sold quite few things.

How is SG King Cobra and SF bat going? More news on them?

yaar is SF Platinum the one Dilshan used in T20 final? A local guy was also selling SG Sunny Tonny (I am not quite sure how much) but it was quite high in terms of price comparing it with Ajit's price.

Cover Drive said:
Yeahh I know you sold quite few things.

How is SG King Cobra and SF bat going? More news on them?

yaar is SF Platinum the one Dilshan used in T20 final? A local guy was also selling SG Sunny Tonny (I am not quite sure how much) but it was quite high in terms of price comparing it with Ajit's price.
Yaar no updates on the bat yet coz koi chance nahin mila bats ko test karne ko and I need to fit a clear sheet on both but I showed them to Zimbabwean pro guy he was full of praises for both bats btw I compared the sound of my SF to dwayne bravo's SF the sound is very similar lush meaty sound when the ball hits the bat.
Dilshan did use SF but that was some really old model. :butt used SF LE in the 1st odi match versus NZL.

i'll post some pics of new SG sunny tonny & SF platinum.
Uzair msn pe aao
Img00016.jpg

Img00020.jpg

Img00021.jpg

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Yaar no updates on the bat yet coz koi chance nahin mila bats ko test karne ko and I need to fit a clear sheet on both but I showed them to Zimbabwean pro guy he was full of praises for both bats btw I compared the sound of my SF to dwayne bravo's SF the sound is very similar lush meaty sound when the ball hits the bat.
Dilshan did use SF but that was some really old model. :butt used SF LE in the 1st odi match versus NZL.
So there you go once you are bored of these two bats you have than Zimbabwean guy hahahha

Honestly you SF bat seems way better than what Butt used or Dilshan used it just looks amazing.

So which one is yours?

Majid Bhai is this SF thicker and does it have more meat compare to Bubber Sher?

Cover Drive said:
Also Uncle Sam I have attached UT latest invoice where a Bubber Sher, Sher Amin and CA 12000 Plus were purchased. On receipt each bat is named as persons name. I will do the breakdown for you

Uzair- CA 12000 Plus
Vinay- Sher Amin
Vishal- Bubber Sher

Hope it helps!

Are you buying bats for other guys Cover Drive?

If yes, can you get me maybe a couple of bats as well :)

Shipping will be to Perth, Australia

Thanks

If there is buying selling between members going on here then please talk about it and do the deals on emails or MSN and not here

Last edited:
nitrous said:
Are you buying bats for other guys Cover Drive?

If yes, can you get me maybe a couple of bats as well :)

Shipping will be to Perth, Australia

Thanks
Hey brother,
No I am not buying any bats for anyone. What happened was that one of my friend went to Pakistan so he got us bats.

I know you have been looking for bats since long time now. Tell me whats your budget and what bat are you looking for? I can try finding ones for you at a reasonable price

I remember you created thread about cricket stuff and then dissappreared it is great to see you back. If you have any any type of question about cricket stuff post it in this thread whoever reads it first will be able to help you.

Hope it helps!

12thMan said:
If there is buying selling between members going on here then please talk about it and do the deals on emails or MSN and not here
Don't worry 12thMan Bhai. Won't do any type of business over here.

Cover Drive said:
Hey brother,
No I am not buying any bats for anyone. What happened was that one of my friend went to Pakistan so he got us bats.

I know you have been looking for bats since long time now. Tell me whats your budget and what bat are you looking for? I can try finding ones for you at a reasonable price

I remember you created thread about cricket stuff and then dissappreared it is great to see you back. If you have any any type of question about cricket stuff post it in this thread whoever reads it first will be able to help you.

Hope it helps!

Thats very nice of you :)

I was after a bubber sher, the new AS bat and maybe the CA 12000 plus bat.

What are your thoughts and a good price to get them for?

Thanks

nitrous said:
Thats very nice of you :)

I was after a bubber sher, the new AS bat and maybe the CA 12000 plus bat.

What are your thoughts and a good price to get them for?

Thanks

ASAWRAB Brother,

Most recent prices of the bats you mentioned above from UT Sports are

Bubber Sher (Sticker version): Rs. 9300

AS V3 (I am not sure which AS bat you are talking about but I am assuming as this is AS's best bat): Rs: 8300

CA 12000 Plus: Rs. 14300

Again the above prices are UT Sports prices which is located in Karachi

The factory price of AS V3 and CA 12000 Plus (CA 12K) are as following

AS V3: $132.50 US Dollars (USD) whereas shipping to Toronto, Canada was $22 but the shipping cost fluctuates due to the country. However, I think Uncle Sam knows someone who is at AS factory (I think he knows Khalid Bhai) so upon Uncle Sam you can get additional discount off the price (I hope he didn't mind if I mentioned his name).

CA 12000 Plus: Around Rs. 16000 whereas I am not sure about the shipping even to Toronto, Canada.

The online websites who are selling these bats for $300-$400 are just ripping you off badly. As they are charging almost double for the bat.

Price wise the best bat among these bats is AS V3 without any doubt. But if your budget is not restricted then surely go for CA 12K. But I am assuming your budget is restricted so go for AS V3. People who have owned AS V3 on this forum as well as other forums were full of praise of AS V3 (Majid Bhai (Majid_V3) and Uncle Sam were among the people who I am talking about from this forum apart from them Usman Bhai (usman_ash14) said this bat is amazing).

AS V3 is amazing bat. It has really good ping, balance, pick up etc everything is quite great in this bat. THe bat might not be very thick compare to CA 12K and Bubber Sher but is certainly a killer of bat and covers alot of distance.

Bubber Sher is more of a slogger player bat. I mean if you play like Afridi then Bubber Sher would be best choice but if you are not Afridi type of player and play more like Yasir Hameed or prefer to play drives over shots (thats what I prefer) then AS V3 or CA 12K would be best choice.

I hope you understood what my point was explaining with those players.

If you can manage to go for CA 12K then go for it. But always keep in mind whatever you see in CA 12K will be present in AS V3. I mean both of these bats have long/big sweet spot and both bats have amazing ping, balance, pickup etc.

I will also post pictures of these three bats so you can draw a better picture yourself. Those pictures might have been posted before but I will repost them for you. At last it is up to you to decide which bat should you go for and not.

I hope it helps!! If you have any other question please do post it. I sincerely apologize for replying late as I got struck in my work.

Pictures of AS V3

Attachments

• P5012094.JPG
    P5012094.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 520
  • P5012095.JPG
    P5012095.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 492
  • P5012096.JPG
    P5012096.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 445
Pictures of MB Malik Bubber Sher and CA 12000 Plus

Attachments

• GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 551
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 550
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 513
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 507
  • GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 529
Uncle Sam's earlier comments on AS V3

(5) AS-V3 custom made on my request in their Sialkot Factory. It was an extremely good bat but the pick-up and balance was not near to my already spoiled level of playing with high End custom made English bats. I sold it on Ebay without even taking off the plastic packing. Someone in France bought it and is happy with it.

Majid Bhai earlier comments on Bubber Sher and AS V3

Out of the CA Plus 5k, Bubber Sher and AS v3 all are really good with light pick ups. Bubber sher is most thickest with 36mm edges and huge spine and pick up is very light, but I dont really like the bubber sher bcoz it doesnt suit my style of play its made for player like Afridi and am more like Yasir Hameed type of player.

My fav is the AS v3 it has the most longest sweetspot and the ping is so good u dont hav to middle the ball or time it to get fours.

Hope it helps mate!!!

Majid Bhai the Bubber Sher above look amazing. It looks like Afridi's Bubber Sher look at its curve and look at the grains.Ruler straight grains!! It certainly look an improved bat. This yellow stickered Bubber Sher looks better than the paint version

Sultanator Bhai you new Bubber Sher will look like this InshALLAH.

InshALLAH you will recieve the bat safely and soon

Yes Uzair, thats what I thought when I 1st saw the bats bats. I use to have a pic of bubber sher in blue and orange stickers but got deleted but Qazzafi bro might still have those pics.
And bro I've uploaded lots of pics of my own bats in my photobucket
1-7.jpg

201120095966666666.jpg

Last edited:
Those three in above picture (SS Matrix, SG King Cobra and SF Saphire) were purchased from onlinestockist.com

Btw nitrous Bhai, Majid Bhai has the best collection of Asian bats I have ever seen. He has many legit links as well. He knows everyone from every legit site

Nitrous Bhai email this guy armughanaltaf@hotmail.com hes the owner of www.batsandmore.com, hes listed bubber sher on his website for £160 but if you email him and mention me he will give you both those bats lot cheaper £140 each or both for £240.
He offered me these 2 bubbers bats but am not buying & if your interested you can buy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back