Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Bubber Sher, bought it from UT Sports when I went to Karachi recently. It's an outstanding bat, but then it's not AS good as how much I paid for it (10 thousand something, can't remember at the moment). Not ENTIRELY worth the money I paid for it, I would've rather gotten it for around 8000 or 9000 max. But then again there only is one price for bats, it's not something you can really bargain on (you'll only get a maximum discount of round 2000 max, after bargaining for hours).

ASAWRAB Guys,
Few days ago I had mailed CA Sports in Sailkot to find out prices of few of there products. Again they also asked me where are you living so I told them. Below is what they told me

The ex-factory price of your required items is as under:

CA 12000 Plus Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 16,000
CA 12000 Plus Batting Pads - Pak. Rupees 2,200
CA 10000 Plus Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 11,000
CA 10000 Plus Limited Edition Cricket Bat (Imran Nazir) - Pak. Rupees 18,000
CA 10000 Plus Batting Pads (Lightweight ones) - Pak. Rupees 2,500
CA 20/20 Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 3,500
CA 8000 Plus Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 8,500
CA 5000 Plus Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 6,500
Woodworm Omega Cricket Bat - Pak. Rupees 8,500

Paradox said:
I have a Bubber Sher, bought it from UT Sports when I went to Karachi recently. It's an outstanding bat, but then it's not AS good as how much I paid for it (10 thousand something, can't remember at the moment). Not ENTIRELY worth the money I paid for it, I would've rather gotten it for around 8000 or 9000 max. But then again there only is one price for bats, it's not something you can really bargain on (you'll only get a maximum discount of round 2000 max, after bargaining for hours).
You should have went for Sher Amin. Sher Amin is almost same bat as Bubber Sher, Bubber Sher is slightly better than Sher Amin. But there is a huge price difference. Honestly speaking I believe you paid a pretty fair price. Bubber Sher's price recently dropped and came to Rs.9000 before that it was always around Rs.12000 or above.

Good news! My dad just called my cousin in Sialkot, he says Bubber Sher is the most popular bat since it's made there, so he's going to the Malik factory to get me one! Someone is coming to England in a week or two and he'll bring it along, mubarak ho! Also, congratulations on the purchase of your CA 12k Cover Drive! We both have something to look forward to!

Last edited:
Woops, fixed :D

I don't look at the screen when i type and since 'cousin' ends with 'in', subconsciously I think i've already typed it and don't type it twice. Hence why 'in' was missing between 'cousin' and 'Sialkot'................... I have a tendency to explain everything I can :)

Last edited:
sultanator said:
Good news! My dad just called my cousin in Sialkot, he says Bubber Sher is the most popular bat since it's made there, so he's going to the Malik factory to get me one! Someone is coming to England in a week or two and he'll bring it along, mubarak ho! Also, congratulations on the purchase of your CA 12k Cover Drive! We both have something to look forward to!
Mubarak Ho BHai!!!!!!!!!!

I still haven't got my bat yet even though my friend is here but I did not to his house to pick up the bat as I had to go with my family. InshALLAH will pick it up tomorrow. Really can't wait anymore. Once I get the bat I will surely post pictures.

Mubarak ho Sab ko whoever purchased new bat (s)
btw I got my bats frm Delhi shipped today should recieve then in 4/5 days inshallah.
I got SF Saphire and SG King Cobra latest model. and some SS gloves all from my frnd Ajit frm www.onlinestockist.com.
I will post some pics in my nxt post if anyone wants to see.

DSCN3228.jpg

DSCN3232.jpg

DSCN3248-1.jpg

DSCN3248-1.jpg

DSCN3248-1.jpg

DSCN3248-1.jpg

bestbatsnew.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing stuff Majid Bhai!!!

The gloves are awesome. Btw how much did you pay for each item? ASV3 gloves are pretty amazing as well. Also Majid Bhai can you ask Ajit how much is the shipping to Toronto, Canada?

To me SG King Cobra bat seems better than Saphire. But I got confused after looking at the both bats wood colour. Since both of the bats are Grade 1 Willow isn't it suppose to have same wood? Or is it because one is oiled and ohter is not?

JazakALLAH Khair...

Also I emailed AS Sports and they emailed me pictures of ASV3 pads and gloves which is there top of the line product. Below are the pictures

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 782
  • GetAttachmentjj.jpg
    GetAttachmentjj.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 832
I am considering to buy new gloves. Majid Bhai any sugesstion? I loved the SS gloves but I am not sure how much are they and shipping to Canada.

Currentl I have Gray Nicolls Powerbow Gloves and CA 12000 Plus Gloves. I used CA gloves more than GN as GN gloves are okay. I don't want to ruin my CA gloves thats why I am considering to buy another pair of gloves as well

JazakALLAH Khair Majid Bhai...

Last edited:
I have Sher Amin gloves and pads.. they're amazing, Cover Drive. Do try them out.

Yaar you can check the prices on the website www.onlinestockist.com & these prices are best & cheapest around and postage for one bat to Canada is £11 and you can calculate the postage on the website there is postage calculator if U add items to cart.
email Ajit myonlinestockist@yahoo.co.in he will reply to u very fast and mention me u might get sum xtra freebies or some discount.

Last edited:
Dosta
My bats SG king Cobra is made of premium quality Grade 1 willow thats y it looks bit better and the SF Saphire is Grade 1 and it been oiled 2 and fully knocked in for free.
And the best gloves are the ones am getting SS Millenium pro, and new Sg hilites gloves are nice 2 BDm sachin and BdM Dasher also very good but its upto you wich style u want out of these and MRF Wizard are reli very good.
and cost of the SS Millenium pro gloves are abt £30 including shipping to Canada.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Dosta
My bats SG king Cobra is made of premium quality Grade 1 willow thats y it looks bit better and the SF Saphire is Grade 1 and it been oiled 2 and fully knocked in for free.
And the best gloves are the ones am getting SS Millenium pro, and new Sg hilites gloves are nice 2 BDm sachin and BdM Dasher also very good but its upto you wich style u want out of these and MRF Wizard are reli very good.
and cost of the SS Millenium pro gloves are abt £30 including shipping to Canada.
Out of all of them I just liked SS Millenium Pro as well as SG Hilites. These two are pretty amazing gloves. But my heart is saying no to an Indian brand gloves. My heart says buy Pakistani brand. I am confused I will be buying either SSMP or ASV3

As far your bats are concerned both look pretty amazing. Congratz!! Post the pictures of them once you get them.

InshALLAH tomorrow I will post pictures of all of my bats, pads and gloves. Do give me feedbacks :D
Btw how is the shipping? How long does it take?

Last edited:
I have lots 4/5 pairs i will show u some pics later.
I have SS super Test, SG Hilites, BDM Dasher, BDM Terminator & Champ gloves.
and I have SS Matrix Pads.

Attachments

• Kit.jpg
    Kit.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 790
  • Kit 2.jpg
    Kit 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 775
  • SS Pads.JPEG
    SS Pads.JPEG
    15.4 KB · Views: 714
Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
I have lots 4/5 pairs i will show u some pics later.
I have SS super Test, SG Hilites, BDM Dasher, BDM Terminator & Champ gloves.
and I have SS Matrix Pads.
MashALLAH amazing stuff Majid Bhai as usual. Out of those gloves I loved SG Hilities.

Your pads picture was not that clear so I am not quite sure which pads are those. But all I know they are SS Padsand from what I saw they looked pretty nice as well. CA 12000 Plus pads are pretty amazing as well, they are pretty similar to Kahuana and AS V3 in terms of foaming and desgin.

You have amazing collection of the bats. In background I saw there are 6 bats are 5 of them same as the one you posted before?

JazakALLAH Khair...

Thanks Uzair Bhai.
My Pads are SS Matrix pads probs one of the best looking pads around theseday. the graphics on the pads are really good with shiny SS logos. And so many players around the world are using them.
All my bats are the same I posted before only one I sold in the bubber sher.
And my SG hilite gloves are nice but I have 2008 versions nd the newer version of the gloves are even better then mine.

Majid_V3 said:
Thanks Uzair Bhai.
My Pads are SS Matrix pads probs one of the best looking pads around theseday. the graphics on the pads are really good with shiny SS logos. And so many players around the world are using them.
All my bats are the same I posted before only one I sold in the bubber sher.
And my SG hilite gloves are nice but I have 2008 versions nd the newer version of the gloves are even better then mine.
Ohh okay thats why when I looked SG Hilites on onlinestckist I realized they were a bit different than yours. InshALLAH I will be getting my C 12000 Plus around our 6PM (Yours 10 or 11PM) then I will post pictures of my stuff. My stuff is nowhere near our stuff. MashALLAH you have amazing collection.

Also I like GN new styles of there pads. Since you are in England have you seen those new design pads anywhere? If so how are they? I also like those lightweight pads (such as CA 10000 Plus Pads). They are pretty light and looks nice as well. Have you seen them? Your comments?

Dosta I dont no much abt CA pads never really used them but I had some top of the range Ihsan Inferno 950 Pads and Gloves they were rapid but gave them away to my Uncle.
And GN pads I've seen pictures of the new pads but they havn't released them yet in the shops.
The new GN nitro test are best pads they are same as last yrs powerbow test.
Yaar I think the best quality pads u can buy are the Kookaburra Kahuna Ricky Ponting but they are abt £100 in Uk & Aus but u know what You can get them from onlinestockist the same pad for half price.

Last edited:
I just had a match in my indoor cricket tournament here in Singapore (I live here) and met a guy selling cricket equipment. It's a new Pakistani brand called The Cricket Company. Also there's another brand called Hunt which is Pakistani as well, those pads by Hunt were outstanding. On my phone right now, will do a writeup later today.

My bats

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 865
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 802
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 675
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
My CA 12000 Plus Pads and Gloves

Attachments

• P2.jpg
    P2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 716
  • P6.jpg
    P6.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 847
Last edited:
*jawdrop*................... That is one, dare i say it, SEXY piece of wood *jawdrop* Massive edges! 40mm isn't it?

Majid_V3 said:
Dosta I dont no much abt CA pads never really used them but I had some top of the range Ihsan Inferno 950 Pads and Gloves they were rapid but gave them away to my Uncle.
And GN pads I've seen pictures of the new pads but they havn't released them yet in the shops.
The new GN nitro test are best pads they are same as last yrs powerbow test.
Yaar I think the best quality pads u can buy are the Kookaburra Kahuna Ricky Ponting but they are abt £100 in Uk & Aus but u know what You can get them from onlinestockist the same pad for half price.
I am also cnsidering of buying Ihsan Inferno 950 Pads but I am not quite sure how are they? Are they amazing? SInce I like to complete sets so is Ihsan Inferno 950 a good bat?

Ohh okay I thought they have released the new pads as Mohammad Yousuf is using them, Andrew Strauss is using them as well and many more

I saw Kookaburra Kahuna Pointing ones but they are pretty much similar to my CA 12000 Plus pads (I posted the pictures above have a look at tehm and let me know). Also I am looking for unique and/or new design pads. For example, the one above might be latest pads but the design is now old

Also Majid Bhai let me know about my bats (they are no where near your bats). I have been ripped off when I bought my GN set. At that time I didn't knew about the market so I got ripped off. So I ended up getting a low quality bat. InshALLAH I will be buying a new bat soon InshALLAH (once I make money then)

Also sorry for the picture size I usually take pictures from my cellphone and then transfer over to my Macbook (which is quite easier for me). The picture quality is not that great since I had to reduce the resolution due to the file size

Last edited:
sultanator said:
Aaaah i'm getting impatient after the first day of waiting! :(
You don't know how impatient I got when the bat was here but I wasn't able to get it

sultanator said:
*jawdrop*................... That is one, dare i say it, SEXY piece of wood *jawdrop* Massive edges! 40mm isn't it?
Which one are you talking about?

sultanator said:
The CA 12k...... it's just beautiful!
JazakALLAH Khair brother for the compliments

As far edges are concerned I am not quite sure where exactly to measure the edges. But I tried measuring I got something around 40mm so I am assuming it is 40mm

Last edited:
Also Majid Bhai and other PP I am a bit confused :S

CA12K which I got today does not have a scuff sheet on it. Whereas I am pretty sure it need to be oiled and knocked. So my question is that should I put the scuff sheet and just oil back of the bat as well as other exposed wood? Or I oil the front and sides of the bat (not the back) and then put scuff sheet?

Cover Drive said:
Also Majid Bhai and other PP I am a bit confused :S

CA12K which I got today does not have a scuff sheet on it. Whereas I am pretty sure it need to be oiled and knocked. So my question is that should I put the scuff sheet and just oil back of the bat as well as other exposed wood? Or I oil the front and sides of the bat (not the back) and then put scuff sheet?

From various research I would suggest you give it the full treatment, oiling and knocking. The wood is quite pale so it probably isn't oiled already. When bats say 'Ready to Play', it's likely that the wood was compressed further than usual, but nothing beats good ol' cricket bat labour. So after oiling and knocking, the scuff sheet should then be applied and inshallah the bat will last and score many runs for you.

This is just from researching cricket bat care for while, so i'm sorry i can't provide links, it's all from memory.

Okay, I'll help you out here Cover Drive.

Since the CA 12K you got doesn't have a scuff sheet/fibertape on it yet, you can safely oil it and knock it, then cover it with protection.

Now here's the part most people mess up.

NEVER, EVER oil or knock a bat while it's fibertape/scuff sheet is on.
Knocking a bat when it's protection is on will cause the edges of the protection, usually on the edges on the left to lift and come off. Not good.

Oiling a bat when it's protection is on will make the bat do all sorts of weird things. Don't try it.

This is what every cricketer should do. I do this and I've never gone wrong.

IF SCUFF SHEET/FIBERTAPE IS NOT ON THE BAT:-

At the beginning, or before every season starts (a season is usually one year of cricket), knock and oil the bat, as much and as long as you can. A few hours of knocking will be okay for your bat.. basically the more you knock the bat the better it'll perform. For the knocking, start slowly at first, then gradually increase pace. Use a very old ball or preferably a knocking mallet (believe me, knocking mallet does the job much much better than a ball, and it's cheaper) to knock. NEVER KNOCK THE EDGES OR THE BACK. THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT. After you're done with oiling and knocking, put the protection on. Repeat every season.

IF SCUFF SHEET/FIBERTAPE IS ALREADY ON THE BAT:-

This is pretty tricky. If you have fibertape on your bat, it's going to be impossible to take the fibertape out, yet alone take it out neatly. But if you have that plastic protection sheet they give usually these days (the guy at UT Sports put on a plastic protection sheet when I bought my Bubber Sher), take it out, then repeat the process I just wrote up there ^. Take out the tape, oil and knock, put on the tape. Repeat every season.

Hope it helps Cover Drive. Your bat looks awesome, I hope you have a great time playing with it and score lots of runs. :iamlegend

Oh, and NEVER ever NOT knock a new bat just because it says "pre-knocked" or "ready to play". It's most probably been knocked in the factory by a machine for just about an hour or so, and that process is not too good and one hour of knocking is nowhere near enough. Like I said, knock as much as you can.

sultanator said:
From various research I would suggest you give it the full treatment, oiling and knocking. The wood is quite pale so it probably isn't oiled already. When bats say 'Ready to Play', it's likely that the wood was compressed further than usual, but nothing beats good ol' cricket bat labour. So after oiling and knocking, the scuff sheet should then be applied and inshallah the bat will last and score many runs for you.

This is just from researching cricket bat care for while, so i'm sorry i can't provide links, it's all from memory.
JazakALLAH Khair Sultanator, I really appreciate for your informative response. Don't worry about links or anything.

May ALLAH (SWT) Bless you and reward you immensely for such good deed Aameen Aameen Aameen

Paradox said:
Okay, I'll help you out here Cover Drive.

Since the CA 12K you got doesn't have a scuff sheet/fibertape on it yet, you can safely oil it and knock it, then cover it with protection.

Now here's the part most people mess up.

NEVER, EVER oil or knock a bat while it's fibertape/scuff sheet is on.
Knocking a bat when it's protection is on will cause the edges of the protection, usually on the edges on the left to lift and come off. Not good.

Oiling a bat when it's protection is on will make the bat do all sorts of weird things. Don't try it.

This is what every cricketer should do. I do this and I've never gone wrong.

IF SCUFF SHEET/FIBERTAPE IS NOT ON THE BAT:-

At the beginning, or before every season starts (a season is usually one year of cricket), knock and oil the bat, as much and as long as you can. A few hours of knocking will be okay for your bat.. basically the more you knock the bat the better it'll perform. For the knocking, start slowly at first, then gradually increase pace. Use a very old ball or preferably a knocking mallet (believe me, knocking mallet does the job much much better than a ball, and it's cheaper) to knock. NEVER KNOCK THE EDGES OR THE BACK. THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT. After you're done with oiling and knocking, put the protection on. Repeat every season.

IF SCUFF SHEET/FIBERTAPE IS ALREADY ON THE BAT:-

This is pretty tricky. If you have fibertape on your bat, it's going to be impossible to take the fibertape out, yet alone take it out neatly. But if you have that plastic protection sheet they give usually these days (the guy at UT Sports put on a plastic protection sheet when I bought my Bubber Sher), take it out, then repeat the process I just wrote up there ^. Take out the tape, oil and knock, put on the tape. Repeat every season.

Hope it helps Cover Drive. Your bat looks awesome, I hope you have a great time playing with it and score lots of runs. :iamlegend

Paradox said:
Oh, and NEVER ever NOT knock a new bat just because it says "pre-knocked" or "ready to play". It's most probably been knocked in the factory by a machine for just about an hour or so, and that process is not too good and one hour of knocking is nowhere near enough. Like I said, knock as much as you can.

JazakALLAH Khair Paradox Bhai. I really appreciate for such a long and informative reply. I will surely look upon that and start the knocking and oiling job soon. I don't have a mallet but I have indoor practice on Saturday from where I can get hold of the mallet. InshALLAH.

May ALLAH (SWT) Bless you and Reward you immensely for such a good deed Aameen Aameeen Aameen.

A scuff sheet came along the bat (From UT Sports as well) but the quality of that scuff sheet does not look that great compare to Gary Nicolls scuff sheet. I might get hold of that or stay with this one. I remember when I got my GN bat the guy told me that knock the edges and the face (at that time I had no knowledge of bats whatsoever) whereas scuff sheet was on it. I knocked the edges so if I look at them now I often realize that it has bubbles all through the side of the bat. :( InshALLAH I will replace the scuff sheet of that bat as well.

Once again JazakALLAH Khair..

Last edited:
Also Sultanator Bhai my friend who brought my CA12K+ from Pakistan also brought a Bubber Sher for one of my club member also. So I was looking at his Bubber Sher I noticed that the newer version of this Bubber Sher is much much better than the older one. The newer version of Bubber Sher has stickers on front, sides, back etc. And more importantly the stickers look quite nice compare to the paint. The painted Bubber Shers paint tend to come off as you play with it

Majid Bhai and others hows Woodworm? I am talking about the red one such as the one Shoaib Malik is using

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Also Sultanator Bhai my friend who brought my CA12K+ from Pakistan also brought a Bubber Sher for one of my club member also. So I was looking at his Bubber Sher I noticed that the newer version of this Bubber Sher is much much better than the older one. The newer version of Bubber Sher has stickers on front, sides, back etc. And more importantly the stickers look quite nice compare to the paint. The painted Bubber Shers paint tend to come off as you play with it

Hhhmmmmm, was it this Bubber Sher?:

http://www.cricmall.com/malik_bats_bubbersher.html

Thanks for the info! Although my cousin had already purchased the Bubber Sher today, he told me it was yellow but i forgot to ask if it was paint or stickers. If it's paint I can just put one of those transparent protection sheets (without fibreglass) over it can't I? It will also make shiny :)

CD wht colors stickers were on the bubber sher bat? Where the yellow and blk or burgundy and blk? By the way u got some good bats bro!!

asv31-1.jpg

Uzair bhai, I fount a old picture of my AS V3 bat in its original form but now it has Slaz Oz Blade stickers on it.

Last edited:
Uzair bhai
I'm really impressed by your bats and I'll answer all ur questions on msn.

sultanator said:
Hhhmmmmm, was it this Bubber Sher?:

http://www.cricmall.com/malik_bats_bubbersher.html

Thanks for the info! Although my cousin had already purchased the Bubber Sher today, he told me it was yellow but i forgot to ask if it was paint or stickers. If it's paint I can just put one of those transparent protection sheets (without fibreglass) over it can't I? It will also make shiny :)
Sultanator Bhai it was not as the one you posted. I have posted two links below. Have a look at them.

Close up picture. The front was exactly like this (not the sides)
http://www.cricinfo.com/slvpak2009/content/image/417007.html?object=42639

Another view. It was exactly like this from front, side and back. The side also had a sticker which told its weight
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/image/409688.html?object=42639

Btw the stickers I am talking about were shinny.

I hope it helps

Cover Drive said:
Sultanator Bhai it was not as the one you posted. I have posted two links below. Have a look at them.

Close up picture. The front was exactly like this (not the sides)
http://www.cricinfo.com/slvpak2009/content/image/417007.html?object=42639

Another view. It was exactly like this from front, side and back. The side also had a sticker which told its weight
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/image/409688.html?object=42639

Btw the stickers I am talking about were shinny.

I hope it helps

Ahh yes thank you! That's the bat my cousin described to me! Very helpful thank you! I just hope they're stickers, but i don't mind if it's paint. After all it's the performance instead of looks.

sultanator said:
Ahh yes thank you! That's the bat my cousin described to me! Very helpful thank you! I just hope they're stickers, but i don't mind if it's paint. After all it's the performance instead of looks.
No problem brother it is the performance rather than the look. But what I have seen with painted Bubber Sher is that the paint comes off as you play a shot and then sometimes it is displaced and goes onto face of the bat. I have seen a Bubber sher whose face was completely ruined because of the paint. On the other hand I have seen a painted Bubber Sher whose paint never peeled off no matter how many shot you played with it such as Usman BHai's

Majid_V3 said:
Uzair bhai
I'm really impressed by your bats and I'll answer all ur questions on msn.
loll Majid Bhai my bats are nowhere near your bats. ANyways JazakALLAH Khair for the compliments. InshALLAH I will talk to you on msn tomorrow

Majid_V3 said:
asv31-1.jpg

Uzair bhai, I fount a old picture of my AS V3 bat in its original form but now it has Slaz Oz Blade stickers on it.
Honestly it amazing bat. I love to buy this bat. BUt I am confused since my friend who bought CA12K+ for me is buying ASV3 for himself. He is pretty safe with me that whenever I wish to use the bat he will just give it to me without any hesitation so I am not quite sure if I should get that or not :(

Also guys I oiled my CA 2020 (back and sides only), GN (back and sides only) and my CA12K+ (Back and sides only for now)

I will oil front of CA12K+ 4 times after 24-48 hours intervals InshALLAH. Is that fine? Or follow CA booklet that came along the bat which said after week interval?

JazakALLAH Khair..

Cover Drive said:
No problem brother it is the performance rather than the look. But what I have seen with painted Bubber Sher is that the paint comes off as you play a shot and then sometimes it is displaced and goes onto face of the bat. I have seen a Bubber sher whose face was completely ruined because of the paint. On the other hand I have seen a painted Bubber Sher whose paint never peeled off no matter how many shot you played with it such as Usman BHai's

Thanks for the heads up! Inshallah the bat has stickers, i'll ask my cousin tomorrow. And he decided to send it by post because his friend who is supposed to come in 2 weeks cancelled the trip, so inshallah the bat will arrive next week, or maybe 2 weeks. I just hope nothing happens during shipment! I'm worried since there was a story about a club player who ordered a kit and 4-5 bats from Pakistan. Either English or Pakistani customs drilled holes into EVERYTHING for drug and bomb checks! No paperwork was sent, Pakistan customs was suspected

sultanator said:
Thanks for the heads up! Inshallah the bat has stickers, i'll ask my cousin tomorrow. And he decided to send it by post because his friend who is supposed to come in 2 weeks cancelled the trip, so inshallah the bat will arrive next week, or maybe 2 weeks. I just hope nothing happens during shipment! I'm worried since there was a story about a club player who ordered a kit and 4-5 bats from Pakistan. Either English or Pakistani customs drilled holes into EVERYTHING for drug and bomb checks! No paperwork was sent, Pakistan customs was suspected
Once he ships the bats yo uwill also get a tracking number so you can alwasy track where the bat is

My friend who gifted me CA 2020 ordered my CA 2020, his Bubber Sher and a Sher Amin (for his friend). So these three bats came through Pakistan Post to Canada. I prayed alot that the bat arrive safe and nothing happens to them as I have heard same story that they drilled through the bat. But InshALLAH everything will be fine

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
asv31-1.jpg

I want to put stickers on my CA 20-20 as well but I am not sure which ones I should put and will look nice

During the nnings break I managed to see highlight from where I took few print screen pictures. They are not very clear but atleast one can manage to see the bat. I am sure most of you saw it live during the game

Attachments

• BB3.jpg
    BB3.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 806
  • BB4.jpg
    BB4.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 757
  • BB6.jpg
    BB6.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 742
  • BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 796
  • BB5.jpg
    BB5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:
Uzair Bhai, this is a list of all the bats I owned in last few yrs and u've seen pics of most of my bats in my photobucket album.
1 GM purist original
2 GM maestro original
3 MB Malik Prince 1
4 MB Malik Prince 2
5 MB Malik Supreme 1
6 BDM aerdynamic
7 BDM dynamic power
8 CA Gold
9 CA PLUS
10 MB Sarfi
11 Ihsan King
12 Irfan titan 1
13 Irfan Titan 2
14 MB Malik supreme 2
15 MB zulfi
16 MB sher amin LE 1
17 AS plain Grade 1
18 MB sher amin 2
19 MB sher amin 3
20 MB gold
21 CA Plus 10k
22 AJ sultan
23 CA style
24 AS V3*****
25 Kook Mayhem
26 GM Radius
27 CA PLUS 5k 1
28 MB Zulfi 2
29 Ihsan Inferno 750
30 BAS bow 2020 LE
31 CA plain
32 CA PLUS 5k 2
33 CA Hyhit
34 SS Yuvi super
35 MRF Cameo
36 Ihsan Infero 950
37 Malik Sher Amin 4
38 SS Ranger*
39 Slaz Hyperblade*
40 MB Malik bubber sher
41 CA PLUS 5k 3*
42 SS Matrix*
43 SF saphire(not recived yet)
44 SG King Cobra (not recieved yet)

Last edited:
Haan bhai I forgot
i'll edit my post now aur tum sunao apne bats ne bare main
abt the ca 2020 u got is it good and wats the pick up like and ping etc ?

Majid_V3 said:
Haan bhai I forgot
i'll edit my post now aur tum sunao apne bats ne bare main
abt the ca 2020 u got is it good and wats the pick up like and ping etc ?
Yaar I have only played with CA2020 3-4 times. Since I got it last season when the season was about to end so I did not play with that bat alot. But I will tell you how did I like it after playing with it. As I told you that my friend had gifted me that bat so he told me that the bat is "Ready to Play" so I never bothered to knock the bat at all. The edges were already rounded off. As far pick up of CA2020 is concerned it has got a light pick up and it is not bad. If you were about to talk about the ping then ping of CA 2020 is not that bad as well. If I was about to compare my CA 2020 with my GN then I would rate my GN bat a bit higher than CA despite the fact that CA 2020 has much thicker edges. The reason why I am saying that GN is slightly better than CA 2020 is because GN has better ping compare to CA 2020. Now I am not sure if it is because I did not knock my CA 2020 at all as compared with GN bat. Also Majid Bhai my playing style is similar to your playing style. I love to play drives rather than hitting for a six. So when I play drives with my GN bat the ball goes further compare to CA 2020. CA 2020 has a good sweet spot as well but it is a bit higher compare to GN bat. If you are a middle order batsman whereas you look for singles, double etc then CA 2020 is a good choice.

By the way Majid Bhai the CA 2020 bat I have is old version. CA has came out with a newer version of CA 2020 with new stickers. But I am not sure if it is a different piece of wood or not.

Majid Bhai and others if you have any questions please let me know. I won't mind answering them :)

Sultanator Bhai did you speak to your cousin about your bat? Which one are you getting? Stickers one or paint one?

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Uzair Bhai, this is a list of all the bats I owned in last few yrs and u've seen pics of most of my bats in my photobucket album.
1 GM purist original
2 GM maestro original
3 MB Malik Prince 1
4 MB Malik Prince 2
5 MB Malik Supreme 1
6 BDM aerdynamic
7 BDM dynamic power
8 CA Gold
9 CA PLUS
10 MB Sarfi
11 Ihsan King
12 Irfan titan 1
13 Irfan Titan 2

14 MB Malik supreme 2
15 MB zulfi
16 MB sher amin LE 1
17 AS plain Grade 1
18 MB sher amin 2
19 MB sher amin 3
20 MB gold
21 CA Plus 10k
22 AJ sultan
23 CA style
24 AS V3*****
25 Kook Mayhem
26 GM Radius
27 CA PLUS 5k 1
28 MB Zulfi 2
29 Ihsan Inferno 750
30 BAS bow 2020 LE
31 CA plain
32 CA PLUS 5k 2
33 CA Hyhit
34 SS Yuvi super
35 MRF Cameo
36 Ihsan Infero 950
37 Malik Sher Amin 4
38 SS Ranger*
39 Slaz Hyperblade*
40 MB Malik bubber sher
41 CA PLUS 5k 3*
42 SS Matrix*
43 SF saphire(not recived yet)
44 SG King Cobra (not recieved yet)
MashALLAH Majid Bhai amazing collection since last year.

Majid Bhai how are these bats (bolded bats)?

CD, can u tell me wuss the diff btw CA2020 and CA 12000? I wana know more about the sweet spot, edges and grains?

These pics were sent me to me by Uzair bhai.
I think they are his frnds bats and Uzair bhai please tell us abt specs on some of these bats.
i'll tell u abt my irfan titans and SS ranger on msn.
27102009234.jpg

27102009235.jpg

27102009236.jpg

27102009237.jpg

27102009238.jpg

27102009239.jpg

Last edited:
Rizwan25 said:
CD, can u tell me wuss the diff btw CA2020 and CA 12000? I wana know more about the sweet spot, edges and grains?

Sure Rizwan Bhai I can tell you the difference between these two bats. I haven't used CA 12000 Plus yet but I have surely used CA 2020. But I will tell you the performance of CA 2020 sweet spot. Since I have not used CA 12000 Plus yet I am pretty sure and confident that CA 12000 Plus has much better sweet spot. The reason why I am saying that is because CA 12000 Plus has much longer sweet spot compare to CA 2020 which has a good sweet spot but it is nowhere near CA 12000 Plus sweet spot. But again I can also confirm this fact once I play with CA 12000 Plus. As far edges are concerned I am pretty sure that both CA 2020 and CA 12000 Plus both has same size of edges. Furthermore, both of these bat have around 9 grains. Since both of these bats have similar size of edges and same amount of grains doesn't mean that both are same quality of bats. The main and one of the major difference between these two bats is that CA 12000 Plus has Grade 1+ Willow whereas CA 2020 in my opinion has Grade 3 Willow (I am not exactly sure which grade it is but it just my hypothesis that it is Grade 3).

Btw Rizwan Bhai I have posted pictures in post 346. If you wish to have a close look at these two bats then don't hesitate having a look at the pictures.

Also if you have any other question please don't hesitate asking me. I love to answer questions :p

Last edited:
Majid Bhai those bats picture were mailed to me by a local seller who was selling these four bats. I was considering buying CA 12000 Plus from him but his CA 12000 Plus was used so I never bought the bat from him. I had asked him for CA 12000 Plus pictures whereas this is what he mailed me as he was also selling those other bats as well.

I remember when I asked him which bat is better CA 12000 Plus or CA 10000 Limited Edition he told me that CA 10000 LE is a bit thicker than CA 12000 Plus and it is slightly better than CA 12000 Plus but both are Grade 1+ Willow. He also told me that the reason why CA 10000 LE is a bit better than CA 12000 Plus is because CA 10000 LE sweet spot is a bit longer compare to CA 12000 Plus. Thats all he told me about these two bats. :(

Hope it helps Majid Bhai!!

Thanks Dr.Cover drive(of cricket bats) :)) ... let me know how ca12000 plays as compare to ca t20 cuz my cousin is coming from lahore and I can't decide which one I should get?

Rizwan25 said:
Thanks Dr.Cover drive(of cricket bats) :)) ... let me know how ca12000 plays as compare to ca t20 cuz my cousin is coming from lahore and I can't decide which one I should get?
What is your budget? There is a big price difference between these two bats

loll I ain't Doctor of bats :))

Budget is in deficiet but I still wana buy a bat. I m gona apply for a loan with no interest for the 3 first year so lets hope I get it approved :). My brother is the loan officer so I think I can get about 10 to 12ks....

The makers of CA bats award CA Plus 10000 L.E. as their flagship. The price tag should also hint the same; however, from my experience, the users MUST ignore the sign "ready to play" on these high end CA bats. CA bats are NOT fully ready to play and you MUST go thru a few very good knocking sessions or else your expensive bat may split into two on day one.

And yeah, I will always buy direct from CA. Almost all of CA PLUS 10000 LE and 12000 in the market are subject to being either fake or stickers replaced on a CA 8000 bat. CA has launched an investigation as their 10000 LE and 12000 are sold less than half of the factory price in the market which is frankly not possible for an original 10000 L.E. or 12000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back