Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serendipity said:
xkalinur, please do when r u in karachi? i m planing to be in Jan so will look up here for your feedback before buying, so keep us posted plz, thanks p.s. i like the way you put karachiite negotiation skills....

I am hoping to leave in January inshallah....possibly by Jan 15th the latest.

Cover Drive said:
Really?:O I always thought that Bubber Sher is much thicker than CA 12K+. I always compared the pictures of these two bats and always thought Bubber Sher is much thicker than Ca 12K+. Also are you aware how many grains does CA 12K+ have because I saw one in a picture it had 12 straight grains, whereas CA website says above 9 grains. Also do you mind telling us more about CA 12K+ performance? I have already seen how good Bubber Sher is and have used it as well, the ball goes extrememly far if you properly hit with Bubber Sher. Also Usman Bhai did you ever knock you Bubber Sher?

As far CA 12K+ price is concerned it is not very expensive compare to Bubber. 2-3 days ago I called UT Sports a very reputable cricket product store which is located in Karachi. I asked them price of few bats, below are the price of those bats in Pakistani Rupees and Canadian Dollars:

Few bats prices I foudn out today after calling UT Sports (In pakistani Rupees and Canadian Dollars):
CA 12000+: Rs. 15000 and $191.26
CA 10000+: Rs. 11000 and $140.22
MB Malik Bubber Sher: Rs. 12500 and $159.34
MB Malik Sher Amin: Rs. 7500 and $95.6
Ihsan Inferno 950: Rs. 12500 and $159.34
AS V200 (or just 200): Rs. 9000 and $114.62

Also Usman Bhai what other good bats have you seen other than CA 12K+ and Bubber Sher which are good?

CA 12K is a bit thicker then bubber sher, the amount of thickness at the sweet spot is the same but sweet spot is longer on Ca 12K, im not sure about performance...i haven't used it yet.

Yeah I knocked it for few days, knocked the edges in and also knocked the bottom of the bat too, it was already oiled and knocked in but i knocked it further in just as a safety measure.

Apart from the bat you have mentioned up there, AS V3 bat is a beast! I'm gonna be buying that bat before the next season starts since me and my brother have been sharing the bubber sher. AS V3 is a beauty and is on par with buber sher and ca 1000K and is cheaper too....around $132 canadian and 152 with shipping, and thats from the manufacturers official website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhxowB1uuUY
this bat comes in blue and red.
http://www.assports.com/

oh and dont worry about grains, every bat has different amount of grains on it, as long as there are 6 or more grains it is real and most pakistani bats come oiled so if they are not oiled it might be that they are not original

Last edited:
usman_ash14 said:
CA 12K is a bit thicker then bubber sher, the amount of thickness at the sweet spot is the same but sweet spot is longer on Ca 12K, im not sure about performance...i haven't used it yet.

Yeah I knocked it for few days, knocked the edges in and also knocked the bottom of the bat too, it was already oiled and knocked in but i knocked it further in just as a safety measure.

Apart from the bat you have mentioned up there, AS V3 bat is a beast! I'm gonna be buying that bat before the next season starts since me and my brother have been sharing the bubber sher. AS V3 is a beauty and is on par with buber sher and ca 1000K and is cheaper too....around $132 canadian and 152 with shipping, and thats from the manufacturers official website.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhxowB1uuUY
this bat comes in blue and red.
http://www.assports.com/

oh and dont worry about grains, every bat has different amount of grains on it, as long as there are 6 or more grains it is real and most pakistani bats come oiled so if they are not oiled it might be that they are not original
Where did you get that price quote? As websithe? There is one guy on PP who knows people at AS so he can probably get you a discount (It might not be alot since you are getting the bat shipped to you something is better than nothing). Even aprat from discount the price to get the bat shipped to Canada all the way from Pakistan is not bad.

One of club member got his Bubber Sher shipped from Pakistan (he also has Sher Amin) so I played with his bats both of the bats are amazing so I myself wanted to get Bubber Sher (not Sher Amin). I would say the sweet of these two bats is huge compare to my Gray Nicolls bat. But as you said CA 12K has even bigger sweet spot than Bubber Sher. Now I am really desperate to get CA 12K. But what I fear about CA 12K is that for instance if it has 12 grains then the bat will break soon perhaps in a year and a half.

As far oiling is concerned you are correct, I got CA 2020 as a gift from one of my club member and it has around 8 grains. Even with 8 grains this bat is oiled.

I remember I had zero knowledge of bats before joining a cricket club but as time went by I learned few important things about bats. Would you like pass on your knowledge on us about bats? It seems you have alot of knowledge of cricket bats. I mean what would you look in a bat before buying, proper care of bat etc. I know about most of the topics but it is always good to learn more. Do you have any other bat(s) except Bubber Sher? Also what company kits (I mean pads, gloves do you have)?

Cover Drive said:
Where did you get that price quote? As websithe? There is one guy on PP who knows people at AS so he can probably get you a discount (It might not be alot since you are getting the bat shipped to you something is better than nothing). Even aprat from discount the price to get the bat shipped to Canada all the way from Pakistan is not bad.

One of club member got his Bubber Sher shipped from Pakistan (he also has Sher Amin) so I played with his bats both of the bats are amazing so I myself wanted to get Bubber Sher (not Sher Amin). I would say the sweet of these two bats is huge compare to my Gray Nicolls bat. But as you said CA 12K has even bigger sweet spot than Bubber Sher. Now I am really desperate to get CA 12K. But what I fear about CA 12K is that for instance if it has 12 grains then the bat will break soon perhaps in a year and a half.

As far oiling is concerned you are correct, I got CA 2020 as a gift from one of my club member and it has around 8 grains. Even with 8 grains this bat is oiled.

I remember I had zero knowledge of bats before joining a cricket club but as time went by I learned few important things about bats. Would you like pass on your knowledge on us about bats? It seems you have alot of knowledge of cricket bats. I mean what would you look in a bat before buying, proper care of bat etc. I know about most of the topics but it is always good to learn more. Do you have any other bat(s) except Bubber Sher? Also what company kits (I mean pads, gloves do you have)?

When buying a bat, you should look at the way you bat...if your bottom hand is more dominant then your top hand then you should look to buy a bat that has low sweet spot(ihsaan inferno 950), if you are an opener then CA 10K or 12K, if middle order bat bubber sher. Initial stages you should look to use your bat in nets and play with straight bat....slogging might crack your bat so i suggest you get used to with your new bat before going ballistic. Offcourse dont let any liquid on it, oil it before every season, double grip it....

if you get ca 12k with lots of grains, you will have to take more care of it, once you see the grains opening up and start looking like a crack oil it, if taken care properly even the bats with lots of grains can last long.

oh i didnt put much emphasis on my equipment, I use clubs equipment apart from thigh guard, and offcourse guard :p
but it is a good idea to get proper cricket shoes so you dont slip around in your crease.

Last edited:
usman_ash14 said:
When buying a bat, you should look at the way you bat...if your bottom hand is more dominant then your top hand then you should look to buy a bat that has low sweet spot(ihsaan inferno 950), if you are an opener then CA 10K or 12K, if middle order bat bubber sher. Initial stages you should look to use your bat in nets and play with straight bat....slogging might crack your bat so i suggest you get used to with your new bat before going ballistic. Offcourse dont let any liquid on it, oil it before every season, double grip it....

if you get ca 12k with lots of grains, you will have to take more care of it, once you see the grains opening up and start looking like a crack oil it, if taken care properly even the bats with lots of grains can last long.

oh i didnt put much emphasis on my equipment, I use clubs equipment apart from thigh guard, and offcourse guard :p
but it is a good idea to get proper cricket shoes so you dont slip around in your crease.
Thanks Usman Bhai I really appreciate it. So by oiling it at the time when cracks are visible then by doing that so, the cracks are not further devloped? Is that the purpose of oiling when cracks appears?

Last edited:
Cover Drive said:
Thanks Usman Bhai I really appreciate it. So by oiling it at the time when cracks are visible then by doing that so, the cracks are not further devloped? Is that the purpose of oiling when cracks appears?

Cracks start to appear once the wood gets dry and needs to be re-oiled. If the grains start to open up, it means the wood needs to be re-oiled to prevent further damage.

Preferably just oil your bat before the start of every season.

i m try to post some pics of my malik bubber sher but for some reason i cant...can anyone help me out here? thanks

Rizwan25 said:
i m try to post some pics of my malik bubber sher but for some reason i cant...can anyone help me out here? thanks
Why aren't you able to post the picturess? Make sure the size of file is below 488 and when you go to advance mode text box then click 'manage attachment' and then upload a picture and you think only one picture can be posted at a time then click submit. Hope it helps

usman_ash14 said:
Cracks start to appear once the wood gets dry and needs to be re-oiled. If the grains start to open up, it means the wood needs to be re-oiled to prevent further damage.

JazakALLAH Khair....

here are the pics for my bat

Attachments

• bat5.JPG
    bat5.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 619
  • bat5.JPG
    bat5.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 518
  • bat3.JPG
    bat3.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 576
  • bat2.JPG
    bat2.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 553
  • bat.JPG
    bat.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 551
forgot one...lemee know what u think guyz?

Attachments

• bat4.JPG
    bat4.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 856
That is one lovely bat Rizwan!! Are the logos stickers or paint? If you don't mind me asking, how much was it and where did you get it from?

it has stickers on it and i bought it from ebay...it cost me 155 US dollars....

Not to sound like a **** but i think it's fake because it only has 5-6 grains. Shouldn't it be at least 9? Usman_ash14 would you mind just clearing this up please?

usman_ash14 said:

Usman, I have got a Reebok 'Centurion' bat, when I bought it, it had a protective sheet over it. I have used it for 2 seasons now and there are some cracks on the face of the bat. What do you suggest I do?

sultanator said:
Not to sound like a **** but i think it's fake because it only has 5-6 grains. Shouldn't it be at least 9? Usman_ash14 would you mind just clearing this up please?

It actually doesn't have to have atleast 9 grains it can be anywhere from 6 and more, but the craftsmanship on that bat doesn't look like grade 1 willow, ill be curious about that bat in the pictures above.....cuz it clearly isn't grade 1 willow.

Boi said:
Usman, I have got a Reebok 'Centurion' bat, when I bought it, it had a protective sheet over it. I have used it for 2 seasons now and there are some cracks on the face of the bat. What do you suggest I do?

Have you oiled it?
I would suggest you to oil it, it's lin seed oil, youtube oiling your bat and it will give you further directions.

What was the name of the seller? Usually if it says made in India or the seller is Indian it's a fake bat. I'm so sorry to have upset you!

usman_ash14 said:
Have you oiled it?
I would suggest you to oil it, it's lin seed oil, youtube oiling your bat and it will give you further directions.
Isn't it raw lin seed oil rather than just lin seed oil? I am pretty sure they are two different oils

sultanator said:
What was the name of the seller? Usually if it says made in India or the seller is Indian it's a fake bat. I'm so sorry to have upset you!
It is not that they are not any fake sellers in Pakistan or made in Pakistan bats are not fake. I am pretty sure Rizwan Bhai once said that he bought it from Ebay and the seller is located in UAE (I read it in his earlier postes).

usman_ash14 said:
It actually doesn't have to have atleast 9 grains it can be anywhere from 6 and more, but the craftsmanship on that bat doesn't look like grade 1 willow, ill be curious about that bat in the pictures above.....cuz it clearly isn't grade 1 willow.
I am pretty sure that grade 1 willow has around 8 to 10 (or above) grains. Also grade 1 willow tends to have straighter grains and sometimes it is darker from one side of bat surface. I am sorry Rizwan Bhai, I have no intentions to upset you or hurt your feelings I fear that the bat is fake :(

Last edited:
Rizwan25 said:
I just got this bat so what should I do now guyz?
If I were you then I would sell the bat. Since you can't return it to Ebay seller so it is better to sell it even if you get 10-20$ less then I would say it is fine. Then InshALLAH you will be able to buy original bat

Cover Drive said:
If I were you then I would sell the bat. Since you can't return it to Ebay seller so it is better to sell it even if you get 10-20$ less then I would say it is fine. Then InshALLAH you will be able to buy original bat
I did speak to paypal and they are asking for authenticity letter from some professional saying its a fake bat...I don't know where to get that now...anyways I might try to sell it but I don't wana rip someone off too..

Rizwan25 said:
I did speak to paypal and they are asking for authenticity letter from some professional saying its a fake bat...I don't know where to get that now...anyways I might try to sell it but I don't wana rip someone off too..

Why don't you go to any sports/cricket shop and just ask. If it is fake, then they'd let you know. Tell them to give it in writing aswell. Else check it up on the internet, or post a question to some of the many cricket bat companies online, and send paypal the email in which they replied.

Last edited:
mindless slogging said:
Why don't you go to any sports/cricket shop and just ask. If it is fake, then they'd let you know. Tell them to give it in writing aswell. Else check it up on the internet, or post a question to some of the many cricket bat companies online, and send paypal the email in which they replied.
I did write an email to Malik MB so I am waiting for their reply...thanks for showing concern bro..

Rizwan25 said:
I hope you get a letter from someone stating that the bat is fake. As far ripping someone off is concerned show them the bat first. I am don't sell it like what the Ebay guy did to you. I am pretty sure you have local classifieds in NY so list on that since it is local. When someone shows there interest in the bat he will surely have a look at the bat before purchasing it. So you are not doing any fraud or anything. In fact you will be showing the buyer the item not just pictures....you know what I mean

Rizwan25 said:
I did write an email to Malik MB so I am waiting for their reply...thanks for showing concern bro..
InshALLAH you will get a letter soon. They MB Malik people do reply back, one of our fellow PP mailed them and he got an informative reply from them. If not why don't you try taking the bat to local cricket store (in NY) and show them the bat and they might be able to write you a letter as well. They might charge you for writing the letter but it won't be much....perhaps 5 bucks

Last edited:
Yeah thanks CD, I m gona try that but there isn't any store around here so lets see if I can find something...

Rizwan25
Your bat is just not grade 1 english willow, it doesn't mean it wont be as good when playing with it, grade 1 and 2 is purely on looks...performance is same on both grades.

but you have a case with paypal as mb bubber sher only comes in grade 1 english willow so whoever you see just have them check if its grade 1 willow and im sure ull get the response(NO) and there is the base of your letter

Rizwan don't worry so much.

The grains are different for the different bats. It matters very very little. It looks authentic to me from that picture, even if it ISN'T authentic, you paid 155 US dollars for a Grade One or Two English Willow bat, which is extremely good :afridi

Poison said:
Rizwan don't worry so much.

The grains are different for the different bats. It matters very very little. It looks authentic to me from that picture, even if it ISN'T authentic, you paid 155 US dollars for a Grade One or Two English Willow bat, which is extremely good :afridi
I think you are right cuz the bat looks just fine and it feels good to when I lift it and stuff but it only has 6 grains and Bubber sher suppose to have atleast 8 on it. I m gona see if I can return it otherwise I ll just use it in nets for practice.

Rizwan25 said:
I think you are right cuz the bat looks just fine and it feels good to when I lift it and stuff but it only has 6 grains and Bubber sher suppose to have atleast 8 on it. I m gona see if I can return it otherwise I ll just use it in nets for practice.
Actually that is the main thing of a bat. If it feels good to you then it is good to hear. Sometimes fake bat turns out ot be good bats.

usman_ash14 said:
There are two stores that I`m aware of in Lahore that sell these bats, one of them is Shahid Sports but they dont have them on display, the guy goes to the factory and brings back with him on your request three or four bubber shers and you pick the one you like (042-7589376, 03004988298) and the other one is Zaidi Sports (042-7414100, 042-74151510 and they have all the bats on display and this shop is located around chaburji. I would recommend Shahid Sports as I bought it from there.

I would also like to clear up a lot of rumors about fake bubber shers and different colour of paints. To make sure you are not getting a fake bubber sher, look at the wood colour.....it should be reddish as these bats are made out of red wood and the wood has a completely different colour to all of the other bats out there. Grains it comes from 6 grains to all the way up to 16-18 grains, this depends on the trees age....every year adds another grain so more the grain the older the tree and faster the bat cracks.
Why does it have an M there?
well most of the MB bubber shers you will see will be a little different in artifacts, there are I think 4 different looking bubber shers that are out there but its only the paint...they are all made from red wood.

Thanks, I've bought from one of the stores in anarkali a few years back, don't remember the name. They should open a shop at Gaddafi stadium, it is easier to get to and good location for buying cricket equipment.

:13: Grading

Before despatch to manufacturers in the UK and throughout the world the clefts are graded into various categories varying from wood suitable for the cheapest boy's bat to that for the finest players who have obtained Test Match status. Grading is firstly done as soon as the blades are sawn to give an approximate idea of stock levels.

Then when the blades have been dried one of the directors Jeremy Ruggles grades each blade himself very carefully before dispatch to the customer. We have found this to be the only way to offer good, consistant quality.

We have many different grades, each one suitable for a particular market. Here we have outlined some details of the most popular.

A Grade 1 Blade

A Grade 1 is the best looking blade money can buy, though it will not necessarily play the best. There may be some red wood evident on the edge of the bat. The grain on the face will be straight and there will be at least 4 grains visible. There may be the odd small knot in the edge or back but the playing area should be clean.

A Grade 2 Blade

A Grade 2 blade is also very good quality and normally a larger amount of red wood can be seen on the edge of a bat, this has no effect on the playing ability of the bat it is purely cosmetic. Again there will be at least 4 straight grains on the face of the bat with maybe some blemishes, pin knots or "speck" visible.

A Grade 3 Blade

This is the grade we produce and sell most of and it offers very good value for money. A Grade 3 Blade has up to half colour across the bat and is sometimes bleached, again this has no direct relation to the playing ability of the wood, it just has less visual attraction. There will be a minimum of 4 grains on the face of the bat which may not always be perfectly straight. Again some small knots or a little 'butterfly' stain may be present with perhaps more prominent "speck".

A Grade 4 Blade

A Grade 4 Blade is normally over half colour or contains butterfly stain (see our page on Imperfections in Willow). This wood is also normally bleached just to make it "look better", it will still play as well as the other grades. Any number of grains are possible and the willow containing 'butterfly' stain is very strong, there could also be more "speck".

The blade as it is supplied

Other Grades and What makes a good bat?

We have many other Grades which have been developed over the years to satisfy the different demands from all the different markets across the world.

We often get asked "What makes a good bat?" The answer is that it depends on the taste of the customer and the skill of the bat maker. A bat should always be chosen on "feel" and not merely what it looks like. There are bound to be some small knots or blemishes on the bat, after all it is a natural product and cannot be expected to be perfect, with no faults at all, it is just not possible.

The only main differences in the grade are the varying degrees of brown wood and / or butterfly stain plus the number of blemishes or knots on the bat. Generally the more colour in the bat the lower the grade, there is however negligable difference in the playing ability, it is purely a perception that if it looks good it will play well, this is not the case.
Butterfly stain (the stain resembles the shape of a butterfly), for example, used to be very popular for its superior strength and playing ability. Unfortunately, these days because it does not "look clean and white" people do not buy it. It does make very good bats that are very strong and perform well.

The Wide Grain Myth

Generally we would expect a bat to have wide grain if it has less than 6 grains on the face. The width of the grain is entirely dependant upon how fast the tree has grown, each grain represents one years growth. The factors that effect the rate of growth are the soil quality and amount of water available.

In these modern times when growers want a quick return on their investment trees have been planted in the most ideal site for the tree to grow quickly. This means that in the future there are going to be less narrow grain trees available to buy as we have cut a lot of this type of tree and re planted in better sites. This is because not so many years ago we could not supply enough wide grain wood which was in demand, now it has gone back the other way.
Unfortunately when it takes all this time to grow a tree you cannot allow for changes in 'fashion' which could alter from year to year.

In this respect we have cut mature trees in as little as 10 years, but generally 12 to 18 years gives a wider grain with 25 years or more a narrower grain. A narrow grain bat will certainly play well, quicker, but will not have a particularly long life.

On the other hand a wider grain bat (with as little as 4 grains on the face) will play as well, given time, as a narrow grain, it will also , without doubt have a longer life span. The reason for this is that the wood is not as old, so it is stronger and will stand up better to the beating with some of the very hard, cheap balls used in matches these days in the UK.

http://www.cricketbats.com/0-education-bat-grading.asp

Last edited:
Rizwan25 said:

hey rizwan im based in UK i just spoke to the malik boys who own the business they said 99% bats on ebay r fake. ppl on Ebay buy the bats from local markets from india/pakistan n sell them, also i asked about how many grains should the bat have he said that does not matter it can be anything from 5 to 8/9 grains, i also got sher amin bat from ebay in july i think mine is real but im going to take it to mb malik shop on weekend and show it to them they might be able to shed some light on the whole issue :afridi :13:

wiseguy said:
hey rizwan im based in UK i just spoke to the malik boys who own the business they said 99% bats on ebay r fake. ppl on Ebay buy the bats from local markets from india/pakistan n sell them, also i asked about how many grains should the bat have he said that does not matter it can be anything from 5 to 8/9 grains, i also got sher amin bat from ebay in july i think mine is real but im going to take it to mb malik shop on weekend and show it to them they might be able to shed some light on the whole issue :afridi :13:
Bro can u do me a big favour? I ll email you pics of my bat and since you are going there this weekend, can you show them the pics of my bat and get me a letter from them saying its not authentic...this is the only way I can get my money back...let me know man...

Brother again, I tell you, the "grain factor" should not be the deciding factor in your judgement of whether the bat is real or not.

Poison said:
Brother again, I tell you, the "grain factor" should not be the deciding factor in your judgement of whether the bat is real or not.
I understand what u saying poison but my bat is not even grade 2 since it has many pin knots, butterfly stains, false growth and even a white fill in on the side of the blade.

Rizwan25 said:
Bro can u do me a big favour? I ll email you pics of my bat and since you are going there this weekend, can you show them the pics of my bat and get me a letter from them saying its not authentic...this is the only way I can get my money back...let me know man...

sure i'll pm you my email also cant u get refund via paypal dispute thats the best option and go on www.maliksports.co.uk and send them an email

wiseguy said:
sure i'll pm you my email also cant u get refund via paypal dispute thats the best option and go on www.maliksports.co.uk and send them an email
I did bro and I m waiting for their respond since last week...email me at ..[edited]... ks

Last edited by a moderator:
Heyy Guys,
I want an advice from you guys. Since I consider PP as a family and all of its member my own family member I need your advice regarding a bat (it might sound a bit wired but I am not quite sure what to do). See currently I have 3 bats (one CA 20/20 [Got it as a gift], Gray Nicolls [Powerbow] and a Pakistani bat [Grandparents gifted me]). One of my club member is in Pakistan (Karachi, the same guy whose dad passed away few days ago) can get me a bat (if I tell him to get me one). So I already have CA 12K+ pads and gloves whereas I am really keen in buying CA 12K+ (I will tell my friend to bring it and then I will pay him). So the question is that if you were in my place would you have bought the bat despite you already have three bats? Why?

Thanks alot guys

Cover Drive said:
Heyy Guys,
I want an advice from you guys. Since I consider PP as a family and all of its member my own family member I need your advice regarding a bat (it might sound a bit wired but I am not quite sure what to do). See currently I have 3 bats (one CA 20/20 [Got it as a gift], Gray Nicolls [Powerbow] and a Pakistani bat [Grandparents gifted me]). One of my club member is in Pakistan (Karachi, the same guy whose dad passed away few days ago) can get me a bat (if I tell him to get me one). So I already have CA 12K+ pads and gloves whereas I am really keen in buying CA 12K+ (I will tell my friend to bring it and then I will pay him). So the question is that if you were in my place would you have bought the bat despite you already have three bats? Why?

Thanks alot guys

There is nothing wrong with having 4 bats, however, if there is one bat that you will be using all the time i.e. CA12k then I personally will sell the other 3.

On the flipside, you can keep all 4 in case one breaks then you still have three others to go back to.

On a separate note, I had one of my cousins (that lives in KHI) call UT sports and they quoted him Rs 14,000 for CA 12K and I believe Rs 9,000 for MB Bubber Sher.

usman_ash14 said:
Have you oiled it?

Usman, sorry for the late reply, If I oil it from the front I am going to have to take the protective sheet off and the bat is really going to get messy because the sheet is fibreglass tape.
When I got the bat it already had the Fibreglass sheet on so I couldnt oil it. However, I did oil parts of the back of the bat.

Last edited:
xkalibur80 said:
There is nothing wrong with having 4 bats, however, if there is one bat that you will be using all the time i.e. CA12k then I personally will sell the other 3.

On the flipside, you can keep all 4 in case one breaks then you still have three others to go back to.

On a separate note, I had one of my cousins (that lives in KHI) call UT sports and they quoted him Rs 14,000 for CA 12K and I believe Rs 9,000 for MB Bubber Sher.
I told my friend get me one. I was thinking about the bat for a whole night so at the end I decided I should buy it.

My friend told me that it is Rs. 15000 and he will get it for Rs. 14000 (after bargaining). Uhmmm :13: :13: ??:20:

Bubber Sher for Rs.9000? :O THats really cheap (Last time I called in it was for Rs.13000). I guess that is because Afridi got a new bat.

I really appreciate for your advice and time. Thanks alot bro.

Boi said:
Usman, sorry for the late reply, If I oil it from the front I am going to have to take the protective sheet off and the bat is really going to get messy because the sheet is fibreglass tape.
When I got the bat it already had the Fibreglass sheet on so I couldnt oil it. However, I did oil parts of the back of the bat.
How old is your bat brother? Peel the scuff sheet and re-oil the front and once oiling is done get a new scuff sheet and apply that. That is what I would do. But I would recommed you ask Usman Bhai as well he knows alot more than me about bats

Here are some pictures of my bubber sher bat and my other bats.
bestbats.jpg

bestbats4.jpg

bestbats3.jpg

bestbats6.jpg

Last edited:
I asked for the best bat and it was CA 12000 its price is 15000
And MB bubber sher is about 9000.
People here say Bubber sher was the best but it isnt,there is a lot of difference.
CA is way better as its price suggests.

Xohaib said:
I asked for the best bat and it was CA 12000 its price is 15000
And MB bubber sher is about 9000.
People here say Bubber sher was the best but it isnt,there is a lot of difference.
CA is way better as its price suggests.
Honestly Bubber Sher price has depriciated significantly.

Btw have you seen CA 12K+ and Bubber Sher yourself?

Thanks though

Cover Drive
I dont have a store all the bats are mine and they are for personal use.
The Michael Clarke Slazenger Oz blade are stickered up bats one was AS v3 and the other was CA PLUS 5k.
The rest SS Ton Matrix, SS Ranger and Slaz Hyperblade are all genuine.

Last edited:
Majid_V3 said:
Cover Drive
I dont have a store all the bats are mine and they are for personal use.
The Michael Clarke Slazenger Oz blade are stickered up bats one was AS v3 and the other was CA PLUS 5k.
The rest SS Ton Matrix, SS Ranger and Slaz Hyperblade are all genuine.
MashALLAH these bats are amazing. Do you mind telling how much you got it for and where did you them from? Also where did you buy the stickers from?When I first saw at the bats I was like "Why would someone buy two similar bats?"

Also which one is AS V3? My assumption is that the one beside Bubber Sher is AS V3, am I right?

Since you have CA 5K+, Bubber Sher and AS V3 do you mind telling how are these bats? Balance, sweet spot etc? Also out of three which one is the best?

JazakALLAH Khair...

Cover Drive said:
MashALLAH these bats are amazing. Do you mind telling how much you got it for and where did you them from? Also where did you buy the stickers from?When I first saw at the bats I was like "Why would someone buy two similar bats?"

Also which one is AS V3? My assumption is that the one beside Bubber Sher is AS V3, am I right?

Since you have CA 5K+, Bubber Sher and AS V3 do you mind telling how are these bats? Balance, sweet spot etc? Also out of three which one is the best?

JazakALLAH Khair...

Thanks Dosta.
I got the AS v3(2.9lb) from cricmall.com for £130 nearly 2 yrs back got ripped off slightly paid £20-25 too much now I can get it for lot less nd I can buy for abt £90 frm AS directly.

The MB Bubber Sher (2.10lb) I got it this year only used few times and it cost £130 frm batsandmore.com.
CA PLUS 5k(2.10) I got off a friend for free.

SS TON Matrix £140 and SS Ranger £95 got both recently from www.onlinestockist.com this guy best and most honest and very reliable seller of Indian brands.

And your right Dosta the AS v3 is the bat nxt to the bubber sher.
The slaz oz blade stickers I got them from GCCC Aus www.cricketcenter.com.au or you can buy them from www.kdsports.com.au

Out of the CA Plus 5k, Bubber Sher and AS v3 all are really good with light pick ups. Bubber sher is most thickest with 36mm edges and huge spine and pick up is very light, but I dont really like the bubber sher bcoz it doesnt suit my style of play its made for player like Afridi and am more like Yasir Hameed type of player.

My fav is the AS v3 it has the most longest sweetspot and the ping is so good u dont hav to middle the ball or time it to get fours.
CA plus 5k is slightly lesser quality then ASv3 and bubber sher it needs bit of knockin in and playing in but whens it fully played in then it does ping.

SS bats are really awesome but haven't used them much yet.
Btw am selling some of my bats and getting a SG King Cobra(latest with new graphics) and SF Saphire bat from www.onlinestockist.com.

Majid_V3 said:
Thanks Dosta.
I got the AS v3(2.9lb) from cricmall.com for £130 nearly 2 yrs back got ripped off slightly paid £20-25 too much now I can get it for lot less nd I can buy for abt £90 frm AS directly.

The MB Bubber Sher (2.10lb) I got it this year only used few times and it cost £130 frm batsandmore.com.
CA PLUS 5k(2.10) I got off a friend for free.

SS TON Matrix £140 and SS Ranger £95 got both recently from www.onlinestockist.com this guy best and most honest and very reliable seller of Indian brands.

And your right Dosta the AS v3 is the bat nxt to the bubber sher.
The slaz oz blade stickers I got them from GCCC Aus www.cricketcenter.com.au or you can buy them from www.kdsports.com.au

Out of the CA Plus 5k, Bubber Sher and AS v3 all are really good with light pick ups. Bubber sher is most thickest with 36mm edges and huge spine and pick up is very light, but I dont really like the bubber sher bcoz it doesnt suit my style of play its made for player like Afridi and am more like Yasir Hameed type of player.

My fav is the AS v3 it has the most longest sweetspot and the ping is so good u dont hav to middle the ball or time it to get fours.
CA plus 5k is slightly lesser quality then ASv3 and bubber sher it needs bit of knockin in and playing in but whens it fully played in then it does ping.

SS bats are really awesome but haven't used them much yet.
Btw am selling some of my bats and getting a SG King Cobra(latest with new graphics) and SF Saphire bat from www.onlinestockist.com.

One of our fellow PP also said that ASV3 is amazing bat. I saw a video of it and few pictures of it. I must say that bat is amazing it has got so many grains and more importantly the grains are ruler straight. Also Majid Bhaii I wanted to ask you since you have ASV3 for past 2 years or so and despite the fact that it has alot of straight grains. So I wanted to ask you that are there any cracks being formed? In other words has it started to split/cracking?

Uhmmm you said that ASV3 has a much bigger sweet spot. Interesting I thought Bubber Sher does. Anyways thanks for clearing it in my mind. But is CA 5K+ a bad bat though? I mean it is relatively cheaper than ASV3 and Bubber Sher so in terms of that is it good?

Since you have one of the best bats of each brand how do you manage to take care of them? I have heard people saying that if a bat is well cared then it will last really long no matter how many grains it has. So my question is that what should be done in order to do that so?

Also have you ever seen or played with CA 12K+? One of my club friend is gone to Pakistan and I told him to get me one. I have only seen the pictures of that bat whereas I haven't seen it in real. So if you have seen it or played with it do you mind shedding some light on it?

Lastly, how would you compare your Slazenger bat with ASV3 or Bubber Sher?

I have alot of interest in bats :D. So I apologize if I am asking too many questions :(

Also Majid Bhai I must say that you have amazing bat collection. Another thing I have seen most of these sites but always thought that they are not legit sites (Haven't seen Onlinestockist before but is there stuff legit and original? I am not talking about SS bats but for instance Kookaburra?). Thanks for clearing that as well :)

JazakALLAH Khair...

Last edited:
Great info on AS V3....never thought that AS would be in the same league as CA and MB.....makes it more confusing to make the final purchase.

I think someone on this forum also advised to get unbranded bats as they are almost as good and slap a sticker on.

xkalibur80 said:
Great info on AS V3....never thought that AS would be in the same league as CA and MB.....makes it more confusing to make the final purchase.

I think someone on this forum also advised to get unbranded bats as they are almost as good and slap a sticker on.
Yes it does make the case abit more complicated. I thought AS is worst. But after hearing from Usman Bhai and Majid Bhai I was wrong.

I don't know what will your final decision be. Since you are buying equipments for your club. All I can say is good luck! My decision was to buy CA 12K+. But when I decided there were only two bats in contest MB Malik Bubber Sher and CA 12K+ as I did not give any importance to AS. Pricewise AS is better than MB Bubber Sher because people are saying Bubber Sher is for Rs.9000 whereas ASV3 is probably a bit expensive compare to Bubber Sher whereas CA 12K+ is Rs.14000-15000

See post #4 Brother Tayyab said buy a plain bat and put stickers on it

For someone who hasn't played with very many different bats, I would not recommend buying a plain bat and putting sticker on it. Your best and safest bet is to go with a tried and tested brand (CA, Malik, Ihsan, AS etc.) based on recommendations from others especially with many of these brands coming at very reasonable prices in Pak. Once you are quite sure of your style and needs, and know much more about bats, then you can consider shopping for a custom bat. Even then most people who get custom bats usually do it to save money overseas which can be done easily with a Pak bat.

Dare2Dream said:
For someone who hasn't played with very many different bats, I would not recommend buying a plain bat and putting sticker on it. Your best and safest bet is to go with a tried and tested brand (CA, Malik, Ihsan, AS etc.) based on recommendations from others especially with many of these brands coming at very reasonable prices in Pak. Once you are quite sure of your style and needs, and know much more about bats, then you can consider shopping for a custom bat. Even then most people who get custom bats usually do it to save money overseas which can be done easily with a Pak bat.
You are quite right. But sometimes you have a good tested company bat and you want to remove its sticker and put different brand stickers. For example, I have a CA bat which I got as a gift so now I am planning to remove the stickers and put some other brand stickers. By doing this your bat is tested as well as a good brand bat in looking if you put expensive bat stickers

Cover Drive said:
One of our fellow PP also said that ASV3 is amazing bat. I saw a video of it and few pictures of it. I must say that bat is amazing it has got so many grains and more importantly the grains are ruler straight. Also Majid Bhaii I wanted to ask you since you have ASV3 for past 2 years or so and despite the fact that it has alot of straight grains. So I wanted to ask you that are there any cracks being formed? In other words has it started to split/cracking?

Uhmmm you said that ASV3 has a much bigger sweet spot. Interesting I thought Bubber Sher does. Anyways thanks for clearing it in my mind. But is CA 5K+ a bad bat though? I mean it is relatively cheaper than ASV3 and Bubber Sher so in terms of that is it good?

Since you have one of the best bats of each brand how do you manage to take care of them? I have heard people saying that if a bat is well cared then it will last really long no matter how many grains it has. So my question is that what should be done in order to do that so?

Also have you ever seen or played with CA 12K+? One of my club friend is gone to Pakistan and I told him to get me one. I have only seen the pictures of that bat whereas I haven't seen it in real. So if you have seen it or played with it do you mind shedding some light on it?

Lastly, how would you compare your Slazenger bat with ASV3 or Bubber Sher?

I have alot of interest in bats :D. So I apologize if I am asking too many questions :(

Dosta
I've really looked after the AS v3 only used it for important matches only(never used in the nets) 1st season I scored arnd 300 runs with that and 2nd season only used in few matches. After 1st season when I removed the clear scuff sheet it did have light surface along the grains.
2nd season with the bat I changed the stickers to Puma Ballistic and fitted a new scuff sheet used in few matches only wen I removed the scuff sheet again it had slightly more surface crack's then 1st season.
It now has Slaz OZ blade stickers on it now.

I never used in the nets or less important matches on sunday's coz I knew when I 1st used in a match the ping was so amazing I knew it wont last too long. And the bat didnt need any knockin in coz it was already fully knocked edges were already rounded off.

CA plus 5k isnt a bad bat at all, ping is similar as AS v3 and Bubber sher but balance isn't as good and finish on the bat is slightly poor.
The sweetspot on AS v3 I think is longer then bubber sher coz I can play off front nd off back foot shot with As v3 and with the bubber sher the sweet spot is bit lower best suited for slow low pitches.

Yaar looking after nd maintainin the bats is easy like oiling the bat and knockin in b4 use and fitting clear scuff sheet to the bat and when am batting my technique is very good mostly I play with straight bat never really slog.
I do recommened everyone to fit a clear scuff sheet(GN xtra tec sheet) to new bats or old bats this prevent cracks so this make the bat last longer.

I have seen some plus 12k bats but havnt tried them yet.
CA plus 12k is a very good choice I have seen some really big CA plus 12k bats with nice grains its like the ultimate bat with CA PLUS 10k LE. both bats are like test quality immaculate pick up and xcellent rebound on both bats. I think bubber sher is average compared to the CA plus 12k and CA plus 10ke LE.

aur Dosta add me on ur msn if u hav more questions.

Slazenger Hyper blade is a cheap bat Grade 4 bats cant compare that to As v3 nd bubber sher.

I mailed AS directly to get price of few of there bats, here is what they told me

I know the price might be a bit higher because he had asked me that where are you living so anyways, here you go

A.S . English Willow Bat, "V-3" - - - - - - - US$. 132.00 Each (142.39 CAD)
(Majid Bhai paid 130 pounds for ASV3 which is 229.83 CAD)

A.S . English Willow Bat, "G-200" - - - - - - - US$. 93.50 Each (100.86 CAD)

A.S . English Willow Bat, "TONE" - - - - - - - US$. 74.80 Each (80.68 CAD)

A.S. English Willow Bat, "ONE1" - - - - - - - - US$. 57.20 Each (61.70 CAD)

The shipping cost for one bat would be US$:22.00 (23.73 CAD)

Last edited:
ASAWRAB Guys,
I want to share a good news with you guys. I called my friend today and he told me that he has puurchased CA 12000 Plus for me. I am so exicited and now I am really desperate to get my hands on the bat. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cover Drive said:
ASAWRAB Guys,
I want to share a good news with you guys. I called my friend today and he told me that he has puurchased CA 12000 Plus for me. I am so exicited and now I am really desperate to get my hands on the bat. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have him email you pictures....and then post them, How much was it?

Bouncer said:
Have him email you pictures....and then post them, How much was it?
I don't think he even logged onto his email account since he went to Pakistan. By now I think he is in his flight. Initially he told me that it is Rs.15000 but he said he will bargain a bit and when I called him today he told me it is $350 CAD (he said that in a joke). So I am not exactly sure how much it is.

Cover Drive said:
I don't think he even logged onto his email account since he went to Pakistan. By now I think he is in his flight. Initially he told me that it is Rs.15000 but he said he will bargain a bit and when I called him today he told me it is $350 CAD (he said that in a joke). So I am not exactly sure how much it is.
:))) :))) :))) :))) :)) :)) :)) :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back