Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Majid_V3 said:
Nitrous Bhai email this guy armughanaltaf@hotmail.com hes the owner of www.batsandmore.com, hes listed bubber sher on his website for £160 but if you email him and mention me he will give you both those bats lot cheaper £140 each or both for £240.
He offered me these 2 bubbers bats but am not buying & if your interested you can buy them.

Thanks Majid_V3 Bhai, but dont you think its expensive compared to Pakistan Rs?

140 pounds is around 19,280 RS, whereas in Pakistan the bat itself is for 8000-9000 Rs.

Is there anyone in Pakistan, who is willing to buy couple of legit bats for me?

Nah bro I dont many links like that btw it is expensive compared to Pak but if u compare the prices to other online sites u wont find many cheaper then batsandmore.com.
I think you should email Armughan to see if he will lower the prices even more.

nitrous said:
Thanks Majid_V3 Bhai, but dont you think its expensive compared to Pakistan Rs?

140 pounds is around 19,280 RS, whereas in Pakistan the bat itself is for 8000-9000 Rs.

Is there anyone in Pakistan, who is willing to buy couple of legit bats for me?
If you need bats of Pakistani market price then buy them off UT Sports and/or directly from factory. You will have to pay 2000-3500 Rupees for the shipping but at the end it will be kinda cheaper to what online people sell it for.

Cover Drive said:
If you need bats of Pakistani market price then buy them off UT Sports and/or directly from factory. You will have to pay 2000-3500 Rupees for the shipping but at the end it will be kinda cheaper to what online people sell it for.

Yeah, but I don't know anyone in Pakistan, who can buy bats on my behalf from factories/UT sports

Do you know anyone?

You don't need to know anyone there. I know a guy at UT Sports who is dealt with me and my club. We got our club uniforms for 28 players from them as well. So if you call them they will send you a bat. You don't need anyone to pick it up for you and ship it to you. Same applies with factory as well

Cover Drive said:
You don't need to know anyone there. I know a guy at UT Sports who is dealt with me and my club. We got our club uniforms for 28 players from them as well. So if you call them they will send you a bat. You don't need anyone to pick it up for you and ship it to you. Same applies with factory as well

Im in Australia and how do I call them? I mean, email would be a better option, but not everyone uses email in Pakistan

nitrous said:
Im in Australia and how do I call them? I mean, email would be a better option, but not everyone uses email in Pakistan
CA and AS people use email whereas for UT Sports I think you will have to call. As far calling is concerned you can call at there store but I am not sure about your timezone

CA Factory email: sales@ca-sports.com.pk
AS Factory email: assports@assports.com

Hope it helps!!

Cover Drive said:
Majid Bhai the Bubber Sher above look amazing. It looks like Afridi's Bubber Sher look at its curve and look at the grains.Ruler straight grains!! It certainly look an improved bat. This yellow stickered Bubber Sher looks better than the paint version

Sultanator Bhai you new Bubber Sher will look like this InshALLAH.

InshALLAH you will recieve the bat safely and soon

Jazzak Allah brother! There's still confusion about money, my cousin says he needs an extra rs.1000 before he can send the bat, SOOOON Inshallah. I was expecting it this week. My cousin didn't bother calling to say he needed more money, but Jazzak Allah to him still, giving up his time to help me.

BLUEANDORANGEBUBBERSHERS.jpg

Last edited:
sultanator said:
Jazzak Allah brother! There's still confusion about money, my cousin says he needs an extra rs.1000 before he can send the bat, SOOOON Inshallah. I was expecting it this week. My cousin didn't bother calling to say he needed more money, but Jazzak Allah to him still, giving up his time to help me.
Wa iyya kum brother!

Ohh okay, I hope you get your bat soon. Yeahh it is quite hassle for the person back home sending us a bat. I know the guy who usually ships our bat has to go to the store couple of times before sending it to us.

Btw Sultanator Bhai I kinda forgot do you mind telling me where was your Bubber Sher purchased from?

JazakALLAH Khair

Majid_V3 said:
Majid Bhai where did you get these pictures from? I mean I have never seen a Bubber Sher in blue or orange colour loll. To me these two seems to be original :( How about you guys?

Picked this baby from a friend. Look at the thick edges that go all the way to the toe. Crazy number of grains, Supreme balance power packed Asian design ready to turn hell loose on bowlers and fielders alike.

Uncle Sam said:
Picked this baby from a friend. Look at the thick edges that go all the way to the toe. Crazy number of grains, Supreme balance power packed Asian design ready to turn hell loose on bowlers and fielders alike.

Woow Uncle Sam seems an amazing piece of wood. I counted I got around 16 grains and they are ruler straight grains. plus it has 1/3 of heartwood which is on right side and if you are right hand batsman then what else do you need loll (I hope I am correct there) Uncle Sam do you minding tell us how much you paid for it?

Sweetspot seems to be till the toe area mann it has really long sweet spot. Also Uncle Sam what is the weight of this bat and how thick are the edges?

Another request to you Uncle Sam that do you mind posting pictures of your Slaz "Don" bat?

JazakALLAH Khair

Btw Uncle Sam what soft good do you have?

This thread has turned into a serious bats fanatic hub! :)

Last edited:
SS Ton Gold Edition.

It's 2 lbs 10 Oz blaster.
Have not measured the edges but they are perfectly carved. I would say between 35 to 38 mm. There are 18 grains and I paid quite a lot for it. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slazenger "The Don"... I will see if I could take some pics over the weekend but here are some file pictures and my bat is exactly the same. Graphics, color combination, cosmetics and quality are truly superb. Only 100 of these were made with lazer hallmarks.

This is what Slazenger has to say about it.

The Bradman of cricket bats. The stunning hand selected Grade 1 English Willow clefts have been modelled on the shape as used by sponsored players around the world. Magnificent edges and unparalleled Weight Balancing Technology (WBT) makes 'The Don' the biggest bat in the Slazenger range. Slazenger's unique Rapid Compression System (RCS) rubberised cork handle combines supreme comfort with exceptional strength. The revolutionary, laser etched, face is superbly complemented by the Grade 1 Metalic stickers and Rapid Traction Control (RTC) rubber grip. If you want to play like the worlds best, play with the worlds best, 'The Don'.

^^JazakALLAH Khair for "The Don" pictures. It looks pretty amazing. I quite liked the grip on your "The Don".

SS TON Gold Edition seems to have alot of meat on it. The edges are slightly thicker than Bubber Sher. Again for 2.10 lbs this stick is amazing. I just found one of this bat for around $270 (Canadian Dollars) which I think is quite reasonable and is worth. I mean CA 12000 Plus costed me $180 (Canadian) to buy it from UT Sports. So I can't really find any UT Sports which sells Indian bats either in Pakistan or India. But I am kinda scared of buying an Indian bat because one of my club mate told me that these Indian manufacters mix Kashmiri and English willow so nicely that you can't even spot it. Which is quite hard to believe but...

Another Indian bat which looks really good is the one Majid Bhai recently bought (SF Saphire). That bat has got alot of meat on it as well. its edges are quite thick as well and pretty much same as the above SS TON Gold Edition. To me that bat kinda seems like Powerbow as the shape of these two resembles :(

Atlast I would say great pick Uncle Sam!

Also Uncle Sam did you manage to play with your SS TON Gold Edition yet? If so hows ping, balance etc?

JazakALLAH Khair

^^ Actually you are right about indian bat sellers pulling a quick one on you but the golden rule is, always pick the bat, and feel it before you buy, no matter what brand or what willow grade. Online bat shopping can be disappointing.
I haven't played with the SS Ton Gold and neither plan to do so as someone is interested in buying it.. I will prolly let it for the same price that I paid.
However, this is the bat I am after. Laver & Wood, and Mongoose explored the idea and some manufacturers in india copied the design in Kashmir Willow to sell it for £25.00 but Slaz took it to a new level. The sweet spot and spine is outrageous.

Cover Drive said:
Majid Bhai where did you get these pictures from? I mean I have never seen a Bubber Sher in blue or orange colour loll. To me these two seems to be original :( How about you guys?
Dosta Qazzafi bro frm cricmall.com sent me these pics and when the bubber sher was 1st released it was available in 3/4 different colors like the AS v3 that was also available in blue & red.

Uncle Sam said:
^^ Actually you are right about indian bat sellers pulling a quick one on you but the golden rule is, always pick the bat, and feel it before you buy, no matter what brand or what willow grade. Online bat shopping can be disappointing.
I haven't played with the SS Ton Gold and neither plan to do so as someone is interested in buying it.. I will prolly let it for the same price that I paid.
However, this is the bat I am after. Laver & Wood, and Mongoose explored the idea and some manufacturers in india copied the design in Kashmir Willow to sell it for £25.00 but Slaz took it to a new level. The sweet spot and spine is outrageous.

Ahhh mann thats quite disappointing that you will be selling your bat without even playing with it.

Well you are right that buying a bat online is quite difficult. I currently have 6 bats and out of those 6 bats only one bat was purchased by me. By me I mean that I literally went to the store and picked it up. But when I got that bat I knew nothing about the bats like how they feel and stuff. Even though that bat is not one of the best bat in my collection as it is Grade 3 (I believe) but that bat is quite lucky for me and I love that bat the most loll

I hate these Mongoose bats lolll I hope they don't come onto International scene as I like the current version of the bats much better than Mongoose version loll.

Laver & Wood is that New Zealand brand right? So how will you manage to get it since you are in States? Last thing is Laver & Wood better than Salix or Warsop?

Depending on what are you comparing with what? If apples to apples and oranges to oranges,
Laver & Wood Signature bat costs around $800.00 alone
Salix Pod 1 is about £220.00
and Warsop Venom Pro is about £225.00

All three are the flagship of manufacturers. For me personally, Warsop edges 'em out, but again a player may love and adore a $50.00 Kashmir willow SS Slogger bat than all three.... There are quite a few factors that contribute to being comfortable and confident with a bat. Name brand and high price should hardly ever be one's preference to buy a bat.

If you want a superb bat - Get a Malik Zulfi.

Thickest bat with the lightest pickup.

Poison said:
If you want a superb bat - Get a Malik Zulfi.

Thickest bat with the lightest pickup.
Well Jamal Bhai you are right it is a superb bat. But it is certaintly not thickest bat

I guess you didn't use Bubber Sher yet did you?

Cover Drive said:
Well Jamal Bhai you are right it is a superb bat. But it is certaintly not thickest bat

I guess you didn't use Bubber Sher yet did you?

:p I guess I exaggerated.

Poison said:
:p I guess I exaggerated.
loll

By the way, hows your RBK bat? (I am not sure if it is RBK or any other brand. I remember you once mentioned that something is wrong for it. I really can't remember the exact wrods :S)

Cover Drive said:
loll

By the way, hows your RBK bat? (I am not sure if it is RBK or any other brand. I remember you once mentioned that something is wrong for it. I really can't remember the exact wrods :S)

Nahi sahib, I've only had a Ihsan Crown and Malik Zulfi

Poison said:
Nahi sahib, I've only had a Ihsan Crown and Malik Zulfi
Ohh okay sorry about that. Then it might be someone else perhaps Boi :S

Anyways how are these two bats going for you?

Cover Drive said:
Nitrous Bhai did you manage to get a reply from AS and/or CA people?

Im sorry Cover Drive, I still havent been in touch with thwm. Just been so busy at work lately

Will try sometime later and will keep you updated :)

Uncle Sam said:
Depending on what are you comparing with what? If apples to apples and oranges to oranges,
Laver & Wood Signature bat costs around $800.00 alone
Salix Pod 1 is about £220.00
and Warsop Venom Pro is about £225.00

All three are the flagship of manufacturers. For me personally, Warsop edges 'em out, but again a player may love and adore a $50.00 Kashmir willow SS Slogger bat than all three.... There are quite a few factors that contribute to being comfortable and confident with a bat. Name brand and high price should hardly ever be one's preference to buy a bat.
So Uncle Sam did you get any new bat?

Also Sultanator bhai what about your Bubber Sher? Got it?

Cover Drive said:

Also Sultanator bhai what about your Bubber Sher? Got it?

I got a UPS tracking number yesterday and according to that, i'll have my bat tomorrow!! I'm so excited! I have two 2 hour exams tomorrow, i hope i'll be able to concentrate ;)

If i remember, i'll post pics :)

sultanator said:
I got a UPS tracking number yesterday and according to that, i'll have my bat tomorrow!! I'm so excited! I have two 2 hour exams tomorrow, i hope i'll be able to concentrate ;)

If i remember, i'll post pics :)
Ahh great to hear that! Your bat is coming thru UPS? Thats good. When my bats were shipped from Pakistan they came thru Pakistan Post which also gave me a tracking number

Good Luck for tomorrow's exam! Focus on that exam for now. Just think it this way that you had never bought any bat nor you are getting one tomorrow. I know its hard but sometimes it work

Yeahh do post pictures once you get the bat (after your exam though)

At last congrats and good luck with the new bat

Cover Drive said:
Ahh great to hear that! Your bat is coming thru UPS? Thats good. When my bats were shipped from Pakistan they came thru Pakistan Post which also gave me a tracking number

Good Luck for tomorrow's exam! Focus on that exam for now. Just think it this way that you had never bought any bat nor you are getting one tomorrow. I know its hard but sometimes it work

Yeahh do post pictures once you get the bat (after your exam though)

At last congrats and good luck with the new bat

Jazzak Allah brother! I'll try to stay focused :)

Cover Drive said:

Yeah my bat for the next season is on it's way.
I am off to NYC for a couple of weeks and hope that the bat may have arrived by the time I get back home.
I will post pics. This is a custom made experimental stuff that I have been thinking about for a quite a while now but couldn't find any pod shaver willing to break the ICC rules. Cosmetically, this bat may not look a whole lot impressive, its going to be a G2 as I am not willing to gamble much with experimental endeavors.

Uncle Sam said:
Yeah my bat for the next season is on it's way.
I am off to NYC for a couple of weeks and hope that the bat may have arrived by the time I get back home.
I will post pics. This is a custom made experimental stuff that I have been thinking about for a quite a while now but couldn't find any pod shaver willing to break the ICC rules. Cosmetically, this bat may not look a whole lot impressive, its going to be a G2 as I am not willing to gamble much with experimental endeavors.
What do you mean by breaking the rules of ICC? Is that in terms of thickness, edges, blade etc

^ Nice bat man, wuss the weight and how many grains? Also where did u buy it from?

Rizwan25 said:
^ Nice bat man, wuss the weight and how many grains? Also where did u buy it from?

Jazzak Allah brother! It has 5-6 (which worries me, i hope it's not fake), weight is 2.8 and it was rs.9000. The price makes me think it can't be fake, but the grains say otherwise. I'm not sure if this is another indicator, but the 'Ready to Play' sticker was half-way stuck onto the main lion sticker and half on the bat itself, overlapping. It came off really easily, I thought it was supposed to be part of the main sticker. 1 corner of the main sticker and back sticker weren't stuck down properly, a little double-sided tape did the trick. But then again, I may be nit-picking :/

sultanator said:
Jazzak Allah brother! It has 5-6 (which worries me, i hope it's not fake), weight is 2.8 and it was rs.9000. The price makes me think it can't be fake, but the grains say otherwise. I'm not sure if this is another indicator, but the 'Ready to Play' sticker was half-way stuck onto the main lion sticker and half on the bat itself, overlapping. It came off really easily, I thought it was supposed to be part of the main sticker. 1 corner of the main sticker and back sticker weren't stuck down properly, a little double-sided tape did the trick. But then again, I may be nit-picking :/
Mash ALLAH it looks nice bat? By any chance, was it purchased from UT Sports? Also is there a sticker on top of the handle? Having MB logo and size of the handle such as SH. I am familiar with the toe area

My CA 12000 Plus has around 9 grains whereas I have seen CA 12000 Plus with 14-16 grains one as well. Usman Bhai's (usman_ash14) Bubber Sher has around 8 grains (I believe, I think he posted pictures on page 2 or 3 not quite sure). If your grains are straight and the bat has few or no blemishes then it would be original.

As far that "Ready to Play" sticker is concerned it is not part of the main sticker. It is just a small sticker which they put after getting the bat. The Bubber Sher I have is painted version and it also has "Ready to Play" sticker on it. Were there two red lines under "Ready to Play" writing?

sultanator said:
Oh man thats not good cuz this bat suppose to have atleast 8 grains. where did you buy it from?
i bought the same bat from ebay. it came from pakistan and it also has 6 grains and some knots on it. I knocked it a little and took it out to play with my other CA bat but it turned out to be fake as it had no stroke. I couldnt return it because of some reasons but i would suggest you to return it asap if you think its not real.

Last edited:
Also Sultanator Bhai on top of the edges (on the side) are there small stickers? I believe on 'stickered' version of Bubber Sher on one side it says 'Grade A' and other side it says the weight

Cover Drive said:
What do you mean by breaking the rules of ICC? Is that in terms of thickness, edges, blade etc

I am subtly going off the wall with the blade width .... (like an inch wider than the allowed 4.25 max), and then there are couple of other experimental specs to balance out the weight transfer and light pickup. We will see. :)

And talking about thickness, check out the meat and pure muscle on this baby.... And what makes it Grade 1 English Willow? The weight is only 2.8 Oz and ping goes thru the roof.

You may find thicker bats than this but almost all of them will be around 3lbs. This one is a genuine piece of Test Grade 1+ English Willow.

CD: It was purchased from Sialkot, i have no idea what shop. The 'Ready to Play' sticker had red embedded ink lines. The sticker at the top just says SH, and edge only has '2.8', not 'Grade A'.

Rizwan: When you say 'knots', do you mean those little brown marks with a tiny hole?

Thank you for helping out guys!

sultanator said:
Rizwan: When you say 'knots', do you mean those little brown marks with a tiny hole?

yeah those tiny brown marks! i have posted pics of my bubber sher, i think its on page 3 if i m not wrong, you can go look at them if u want.

Uncle Sam said:
I am subtly going off the wall with the blade width .... (like an inch wider than the allowed 4.25 max), and then there are couple of other experimental specs to balance out the weight transfer and light pickup. We will see. :)

And talking about thickness, check out the meat and pure muscle on this baby.... And what makes it Grade 1 English Willow? The weight is only 2.8 Oz and ping goes thru the roof.

You may find thicker bats than this but almost all of them will be around 3lbs. This one is a genuine piece of Test Grade 1+ English Willow.

Uncle sam, where did u get this beast??? i would love to get my hands on this!

Uncle Sam said:

WOOW!! :O

This can't be 2.8?!?! Mann it is too good to be true!! Those CJI bats are thick but they are over 3.0. Off course man the ping would be amazing. I say if you just defend the ball properly then it might even go for four loll

Also you got this bat already? I thought you were yet to get it? :S

How many grains are there?

sultanator said:
CD: It was purchased from Sialkot, i have no idea what shop. The 'Ready to Play' sticker had red embedded ink lines. The sticker at the top just says SH, and edge only has '2.8', not 'Grade A'.

I think it is original.

Btw did you tests its ping? I mean did you bounce a ball or knocked it in yet?

Cover Drive said:
I think it is original.

Btw did you tests its ping? I mean did you bounce a ball or knocked it in yet?

Well i don't really want to do anything to it until it's treated. Not even bounce a ball! I'm too scared i'll do something, lol. I'm getting some oil tomorrow, i'll knock it in over christmas. So only time will tell :|

P.s. The grip isn't Octopus yellow as i've usually seen. It's ribbed orange. Irrelevant or not? Also, Rizwan bhai, i have lots of brown marks, but they're literally sharp pencil lines. Longest is 15mm, are they 'knots'?

sultanator said:
Well i don't really want to do anything to it until it's treated. Not even bounce a ball! I'm too scared i'll do something, lol. I'm getting some oil tomorrow, i'll knock it in over christmas. So only time will tell :|

P.s. The grip isn't Octopus yellow as i've usually seen. It's ribbed orange. Irrelevant or not? Also, Rizwan bhai, i have lots of brown marks, but they're literally sharp pencil lines. Longest is 15mm, are they 'knots'?
yar why dont you post some more pics of your bats so we can see whats the real deal with it. Grade A english willow is not suppose to have too many marks on it but since you are saying it has a lot of them and your bat has only 6 grains, i think its Grade B willow just like my bat. My bat has like around 4 or 5 small knots and some watermarks on it. My CA Power(grade a english willow) has no marks on it and the wood sounds totally different as compare to my bubber sher. I have my doubts about your bat but i could be wrong.

Rizwan25 said:
yar why dont you post some more pics of your bats so we can see whats the real deal with it. Grade A english willow is not suppose to have too many marks on it but since you are saying it has a lot of them and your bat has only 6 grains, i think its Grade B willow just like my bat. My bat has like around 4 or 5 small knots and some watermarks on it. My CA Power(grade a english willow) has no marks on it and the wood sounds totally different as compare to my bubber sher. I have my doubts about your bat but i could be wrong.

Ok, i'll post pics tomorrow, don't have access to a high quality camera right now.

Last edited:
sultanator said:

Make sure you don't over oil it

sultanator Bhai, I can tell frm the pictures that ur bubber sher bat is 100% genuine.

Majid_V3 said:
sultanator Bhai, I can tell frm the pictures that ur bubber sher bat is 100% genuine.

PHEWW. Jazzak Allah brother! If you don't mind me asking, just for future reference, how do you tell it's real?

sultanator said:
PHEWW. Jazzak Allah brother! If you don't mind me asking, just for future reference, how do you tell it's real?
How I said its real:
Stickers
Willow
Grains
Thickness
Bow/Curve (whatever you call it)

I've applied 1 light coat of oil to the back and 2 to the face and edges. How many more shall i do? Also, on the bottle of linseed oil, it says any cloth you use can spontaneously combust so I have to dispose of it. Would it be safe to keep the cloth until i finish oiling, i mean, what did you guys do?

Wait how did you oil all at the same time? I mean when you oil the back and the edges (first you oil these two parts) you leave the bat facing down. In other words, when you oil the back and the edges your face of the bat should be faced down. So after 3-4 days you flip it over and oil the front face (only).

As far how many coats should be applied are cocnerned it depends on the bat dryness. Some bats are pre-oiled. If the bat is not pre-oiled then 2 is good.

How I oiled my bat is that I used my fingers.

Hope it helps!

If any question don't hesitate writing it here

Oh sorry, i have been oiling it over the past 5 days. 1st i did the whole bat, left it face down over 2 days, then i oiled just the face and edges. So that's 1 back coat and 2 face/edge coats. I'll apply one more coat to the face and edges then start knocking :)

Just one thing, when knocking in the edges, does that include the back edges? Even though it's not a regular impact zone, i would assume you knock them anyway?

Jazzak Allah bro!

Waiyya kum!

Leave the bat for a week and let it dry. You will over oil it by applying to much oil to it. Over oiling will ruin your bat and the loses its ping (under oiling the bat is better than over oiling it). In fact, the process of oiling is that first you oil the back and back (not the splice area) and leave it to dry for around 2 days. After that you oil the face and edges but you oiled the whole bat at once so I am not sure what will it do. But my advise to you or what I would do now if I were you was that leave the bat for a week to dry completely before even applying another coat of oil. Don't leave it in sun to dry or near any heating outlet.

When you do knocking you knock the front edges only. Do ever think of knocking the back of the bat or the sides. Again I would start knocking after a week let the bat dry first. When you start knocking slowly start knocking the edges and then start hitting the edges directly at 45 degree angle. If you want I can explain you the knocking process at later stage.

Also does your bat face has a scuff sheet on it? I would assume that it doesn't have it yet. But would recommend you putting that after you have knocked your bat.

JazakALLAH Khair!

Waiyyakum brother, no worries!!

Yeahh that is good video to follow. But I would still give it a week to completely dry out and then you can start knocking. The way he is knocking in that video is completely perfect. And you had probably noticed that he never knocked the back edges. In fact, he knocked the front edges (rounded them off) at 45 degree angle. By rounding off the edges there are very slim chances that the bat will crack from the edges. Another thing since your bat has around 6 grains it will require alot of knocking. At last there is no such thing called "over knocking" so no need to worry if you have knocked alot. But see that video one more time before knocking the bat (start slowly and gradually increase the force. Don't start banging at the first hit, it will ruin your bat. I remember I had banged the mallet many times to my GN bat and now when I move my fingers over the toe area I feel a little bump loll)

Don't worry brother you don't have to thank everytime you are embarrassing me loll. If you have any questions please don't hesitate asking them as I love this thread the most on PP :p

I hope it helps!

Today I saw few cracks on my CA 12K toe area. Anyone aware what should be done please don't hesitate telling me. I am confused should I oil it or put a fibre glass sheet or just put the toe guard :(

JazakALLAH Khair

Pictures

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac91/minhasuz/17122009476.jpg?t=1261117613
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac91/minhasuz/17122009477.jpg?t=1261117654
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac91/minhasuz/17122009478.jpg?t=1261117661
http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac91/minhasuz/17122009479.jpg?t=1261117671

Last edited:
CD - How is yoru experience with your CA 12K?

what bat you think might be bettetr between the following, with medium heavy (is it 2.8 etc) and long sweet spot, specially towards the bottom:

1 IHSAN INFERNO 950(IS IT THE LATEST THEY HAVE?) vs CA 12K or Sher Bubber?

2 What is teh best price for them if buying personally in Pa?

Jazakullaha Khair guys!

sultanator said:

JazakALLAH Khair brother. I really appreciate it!

I know it is just a wear and tear but I got so worried after seeing those cracks and I didn't know what to do. I have always kept the bat away from water or any liquid particles. In fact, I have only used this bat for 5 minutes whereas in total it was used for about 35-40 minutes (including 5 minutes I used) which was used by my brother and club members.

So I did last night was oiled the toe area since I have never done that. InshALLAH after few days I will re-apply the toe guard.

Hi guys! Some of you seems to know quite a lot about cricket equipment, so i wonder if any of you know how to contact the Malik sports factory in Pakistan? I cant find any information on the internet. The thing is that i want to order equipment for my team, so i wanted to directly contact the factory.

Thanx

Hi Master_Entertainment,

Unfortunately you won't be able to get hold of there email address. I myself tired looking for there email address but what happens is that I always find MB Malik Sports which is based in UK. So I am sorry that I was not able to helpnyou out there :(

Thanks

Thanx anyway Cover Drive . I know, ive also tried to search for any kind of contact info about Mb, but found nothing. I did get a reply from CA with the prices on their equipment. One thing i cant understand is that the CA factorys prices are the same or higher than a local cricket shop in pakistan offering the same equipment.

I mean CA 12000 bat costs 175 $ from the CA factory, and the same bat costs about 15000RS in a shop in pakistan. How do the shops make profit out of it?

You can e-mail the people at MB Sports UK and ask for the factory e-mail address.

Master_Entertainer said:
Thanx anyway Cover Drive . I know, ive also tried to search for any kind of contact info about Mb, but found nothing. I did get a reply from CA with the prices on their equipment. One thing i cant understand is that the CA factorys prices are the same or higher than a local cricket shop in pakistan offering the same equipment.

I mean CA 12000 bat costs 175 $ from the CA factory, and the same bat costs about 15000RS in a shop in pakistan. How do the shops make profit out of it?

No worries mate!

In my opinion what is happening is there is that these CA people are making money as well. I mean that once you email them they (CA Factory) ask you your location that in which part of the world are you located then you tell whereever you are located then what these people do is that they increase the price by a little increment (perhaps factory price for CA 12000 would be Rs. 12000 but they told you Rs.15000 they are making some out of it). If you mail AS people they will tell you AS V3 is around $133 US Dollars whereas UT Sports is selling it for $100 Canadian Dollars. You see the price difference there? In other words, these factory people or that representive who dealt with you through emails is making money

Hope you get what I meant there (I am writing this reply from my phone so if there is any typo or mistake forgive me)

Thanx for the explanation, now i understand better. But it isnt fair, they should have the same price for every customer, location shouldnt cause any difference in price. But suppose this is how things work in pakistan. Maybe i should should call them and speak to them in punjabi :ajmal

Master_Entertainer said:
Thanx for the explanation, now i understand better. But it isnt fair, they should have the same price for every customer, location shouldnt cause any difference in price. But suppose this is how things work in pakistan. Maybe i should should call them and speak to them in punjabi :ajmal
Well you are right but I don't think anything can be done and I believe this is how it works in Pakistan. Those people are really smart but you can try giving them a call asking for price and you never you might be successful in finding the real price

By the way brother what are you looking to buy?

Yeah i know theyre very clever over there. Im looking to buy equipment for my team. 6-7 bats of different grades, gloves, pads, balls and other protective stuff. Basically we need everything. The main problem seems to be shipping costs, which are veru high if one has a large order.

Master_Entertainer said:
Yeah i know theyre very clever over there. Im looking to buy equipment for my team. 6-7 bats of different grades, gloves, pads, balls and other protective stuff. Basically we need everything. The main problem seems to be shipping costs, which are veru high if one has a large order.

Hey Bud,

I am actually in the middle of doing the same thing as you....I am actually going to Karachi in Jan and will be getting a contact down there for cricketing equipment.

Are you in Toronto as well?

Master_Entertainer said:
Ohh okay. I would say since you are buying alot of gears and stuff I would suggest you to contact other websites as well. Those people do have high price but the thing is that they can give you alot of discount as well since you are buying bunch of things. I am saying that because it is a bit hard for you to directly get it from Pakistan since you have no contacts there. however, I would also suggest giving a call to UT Sports as they have very good prices along good legit stuff. In addition, they can make a good deal with you as well. The reason why I said UT Sports is because my club recently got our uniforms made from them and they gave very good price for them

I hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back