Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the help so fare guys really appreciate it.

Does 220 dollars sound 2 cheap for a CA 10000 LE mani? ( do you think it will be fake )?

Best Regards
Sammi

Hey bud, if you are spending over $200 on a Pakistani bat, why don't you look at some of the English bats where you will get a much better hand made bat for maybe $30-$40 more.

You can probably get a Newbury bat for around $270 and I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

Personally, I would never pay that much for a Pakistani bat.

Xkalibur m8 ive already got a GN 5star powerbow.

And tbh it dosnt perform very well at all.. Ping is crap on it.

Question is can you get CA bats for 200 dollars that are genuine? Like 12000 or 10000 LE Mani.

It's hard to tell by the price as the mark-up on all Pakistani bats is 100-200%

Ask the seller to send you pictures of the bat and then we will be in a position to tell you.

Going back to the point I made about English bats, I was very specific when I said Newbury...I have never used GN so I wouldn't know the difference but I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with Newbury. It's your money but if you want the biggest bang for your buck, English bats are the way to go.

When did Pakistani bats get so expensive?

I mean everything else that is manufactured in Pakistan is usually about 50-80% cheaper than everywhere else due to lower all round costs/expenses - yet bats have a massive mark up?

These are the pictures.

Please have a look at it.

Attachments

• rad505CD6C7F.jpg
    rad505CD6C7F.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 157
  • radA2911CA122C000sidepicture.jpg
    radA2911CA122C000sidepicture.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 163
  • radD707E6C6F.jpg
    radD707E6C6F.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 156
  • back12000-500x500.jpg
    back12000-500x500.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 220
I am really confused regarding which bat i should get tbh.

There seem 2 be different price tags on same bat every where :D

Armie is charging 325 dollars for it. + his been very helpful :D i would have ordered from him if he had the bat in 2.8.

Uzi is charging almost the same.

the guy who sent me pictures is charging 200dollars included with shipping.

please heelp me out :D

I mean everything else that is manufactured in Pakistan is usually about 50-80% cheaper than everywhere else due to lower all round costs/expenses - yet bats have a massive mark up?

I don't think it is the manufacturers but the licensed retailers worldwide who usually have a big markup. The most expensive mass production bat in Pakistan (to my knowledge) is the CA 12000 PLus TRD which is about 150 pounds.

Moss decent mass production bats in Uk sell for much higher than that.

The issue is that a UK bat bought in UK for example may turn out to be sometimes cheaper than a Pakistani bat bought in UK from a licensed dealer.

I am really confused regarding which bat i should get tbh.

There seem 2 be different price tags on same bat every where :D

Armie is charging 325 dollars for it. + his been very helpful :D i would have ordered from him if he had the bat in 2.8.

Uzi is charging almost the same.

the guy who sent me pictures is charging 200dollars included with shipping.

please heelp me out :D

I am not sure where you are located but why don't you call CA directly or send them an e-mail. This way you will get the best price and won't have to worry about fakes.

Their website is http://www.cawears.com/. You can find the contact information form there. I sent a query to sales@ca-sports.com.pk and was sent a reply within a day. You may call them to get a quicker response. The price they quoted me was almost the same as the price they charge in Pakistan. Hope that helps.

Hey majid, whatz up man? how much did u pay for that bat?
Bas yaar badia hoon apni sunao? I paid around £135 for the SF stanford Limited Edition bat I got small discount because I bought 3 bats together. I bought a New Bat today from a local shop today. I will post some pictures in my next post. Btw its a Gray Nicolls Evo 5 star.

Last edited:
APNAGN5STARBAT.jpg

5starbat.jpg

5starbat2.jpg

5starbat3.jpg

5starbat5.jpg

5555.jpg

Bought another new bat today from a local shop. Gray Nicolls Evo 5 star, weight 2.9lb(1169 grams), light pick up, decent straight grains looks Grade 1-2, 34mm edges, no concaving and excellent ping tested it with a ball and a mallet. I'll do a full review in few days.
Feel free to ask questions

Last edited:
Thanks for all the help so fare guys really appreciate it.

Does 220 dollars sound 2 cheap for a CA 10000 LE mani? ( do you think it will be fake )?

Best Regards
Sammi

No, it does not sound cheap. The fact is that CA no longer make this model.

Those grains look much better then my powerbow 5 star.

They are crap seriously.
thanks Sammy.
MY bats usually have top quality grains but this one only has 5/6 but still performs really really well. Gray Nicolls usually grade their bats on performance & not looks.

Last edited:

Its not the bats which have got expensive, in fact, its the seller who is selling for a high price. For instance, if a seller or retailer is in UK then prices of Pakistani bats will be high as freight and other charges increases the purchasing price, hence, price is increased.

As far English bats goes it is cheaper for them to get them.

I was in rush so I hope it made sense.

It's hard to tell by the price as the mark-up on all Pakistani bats is 100-200%

Ask the seller to send you pictures of the bat and then we will be in a position to tell you.

Going back to the point I made about English bats, I was very specific when I said Newbury...I have never used GN so I wouldn't know the difference but I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with Newbury. It's your money but if you want the biggest bang for your buck, English bats are the way to go.

Brother Sammi,

I agree with xkalibur80 bhai on this fact. If you add little bit of more then you can for sure a good English bat. For instance, I paid $300 for a pair of Newbery Test Gloves and Newbery Krakatoa Players. Honestly, there is a huge difference in quality of GN bats and Newbery bats. Newbery is miles ahead and is way better than GN as Newbery is somewhat handmade. Craftsmanship of Newbery bats is just in different class and I don't think it is comparative with GN.

I am located in Denmark.

If anyone have a email i can use 2 contact them please do share :D

CA will not have problem with that whatsoever. I think someone else on this forum ordered lots of stuff directly from AS factory and they were in Denmark as well (if I am correct)

Not equipment, but some clothing :)

I have my eye on an England test shirt with the 3 Lions embroidered in gold - looks beautiful! Need a good top for when I lose 4 stone & make a comeback next summer! Just missing the 1999 WC top - lets not think about the 96/97 one! Gross!

1zganwh.jpg

Last edited:
MY bats usually have top quality grains but this one only has 5/6 but still performs really really well. Gray Nicolls usually grade their bats on performance & not looks.

Majid Bhai, its another beauty you have landed in your collection. This bat looks good and I hope it goes really well. To be honest, I have seen GN Ignite Pro Performance (which is top of the line) and it had 6 grains. So as you said GN grades their bats on performance not on physical look.

Not equipment, but some clothing :)

I have my eye on an England test shirt with the 3 Lions embroidered in gold - looks beautiful! Need a good top for when I lose 4 stone & make a comeback next summer!

1zganwh.jpg
Wow! Thats like a million dollar collection! Seriously it looks great! No wonder you hated AJ Sports :)

Wow! Thats like a million dollar collection! Seriously it looks great! No wonder you hated AJ Sports :)

Still do :)

All they have to do is produce a high quality item of clothing - and they cany do it!

Although BoomBoom are fast catching up. I hope to get the 99 top soon, and maybe a BoomBoom one if its a stand out top, and not something generic

Its a Dealer in UK selling those bats.

Anyways ive ordered one i can only pray its genuine.

Cancel it Sammy Bhai. Its a fake bat I know bcoz my neighbour once bought these bats from the same guy.

Sammi Bhai,

Top of the line CA bats have two silver shiny stickers. One says CA and other says 'VIP'. That above bat has one of them. Nevertheless, I hope it goes really well and hope its worth what you paid.

Oxy Bhai,

So you think Boom Boom shirt quality is improving? Ahh 99 one is beauty and impressive.

i guess there is not much i can do since payment is made today.. Via alertpay and they are already closed. :(

GN make better bats than Newberry IMO. Newberry have better looking designs with GN still what I would call old school with straight face and edges, where Newberry have embraced a more asian design. Both are handmade don't forget. Though Machine will always be better than handmade, machines can cut every time closer than 0.5mm, no human can make the same bat twice. just look at the spine on a handmade bat its never 100% straight.

But GN bats have a power that is greater than all other manufacturers I have ever used. The two most powerful bats Ive ever used is a GN ignite giant 6 grains could hit miles! Next is a GN fusion maybe 8/9 grains not the same clout as the ignite but if you hit it flat it would keep going (think flat six over point never getting above 10ft)

When you get a GN it looks better finished than other bats edges are beautiful rounded off face as hard as a rock, you can smash it with a mallet right from the get go and it doesn't leave any dents. I will say though, their low range bats are average and the good stuff I think is over priced. But on judging which bats play better GN all the way.

Bigfan,

I disagree with your given statement. GN produce bats at very large scale, hence, their quality would not be great as primarily they are focusing on the number of bats being made. By doing that quality is then overlooked. On the other hand Newbery primarily focus on quality and not quantity as they don't have to produce vast amount of bats as GN.

Actually GN is not handmade whereas Newbery is. However, it has also been said few times that GN bats are made in India. If GN starts making handmade bats then God knows how long it will take.

I guess the GN you got was knocked and edges were rounded off but they are not knocked nor there edges are rounded off.

Just wondering that have you owned a Newbery?

I really want the GM model bat that Umar Akmal uses.

Brother Sammi, I am glad that it didn't go thru as if it went then you would have lost everything.

Good stuff!

Bigfan,

I disagree with your given statement. GN produce bats at very large scale, hence, their quality would not be great as primarily they are focusing on the number of bats being made. By doing that quality is then overlooked. On the other hand Newbery primarily focus on quality and not quantity as they don't have to produce vast amount of bats as GN.

Actually GN is not handmade whereas Newbery is. However, it has also been said few times that GN bats are made in India. If GN starts making handmade bats then God knows how long it will take.

I guess the GN you got was knocked and edges were rounded off but they are not knocked nor there edges are rounded off.

Just wondering that have you owned a Newbery?
Newbery aren't handmade, certainly no more than GN.

They have a CNC machine which is an earlier version of the GM one and it does almost exactly the same job. They come off the machine, the handle is shaped and then they're sanded.

Newbery aren't a small company, their factory also make for many others.

Last edited:
Uhmm then why would their bats say 'handmade'? They certainly won't like to have a bad image and won't lie on this fact.

So in what sense Screeaming Cat are handmade?

I think compare to GN they are a bit small.

Guys i got a Question.

When looking for a new bat which kinda things should i look for before deciding if the bat is gonna perform?

especially since i dont have the bat in my hand :D

how should grains look and the willow and etc.

Hope i am not being to much trouble :D

Sammi24,

Mate, we are here for you so ask as many question you want to.

Anyways back to your question. Since you are buying bats from abroad and buying them based on pictures then few things to look for and ask for if you want a top stick are;

- Type of handle. Many people (especially me) ignore the importance of handles. Handles are like engine of bats like it is in cars. Ask which handle is it as there are different kind and type of handles.

- When looking at grains structure make sure the grains are straight. Try your best to get ruler straight grains bat. Also make sure the face of the blade is knot free and blemish free. Having knots in a bat is a concern whereas blemishes really don't affect the performance of the bat. ideal grains in a bat are 8-11 as Julian says. Fewer the grains are longer the bat will last and vice versa.

- Make sure the willow is balanced when it comes to moisture level. If the williow is over dried then it will not last very long because willows life span is reduced if its very dry.

I hope this helps. I am sure I have missed few things but really can't recall them, however, I will leep on adding them. Sorry

I'm talking about their top of the line bats obviously. They come out of a factory in Australia, check their website.
You need to check out the actual bats not decide based on quantity of production, if you can sell a hell of a lot of bats as GN do, you must be doing something right. How bout you go and inspect a new bat then come back and tell us.
Of all the newberry bats I have used I always though they were on the thin side.

CD m8 or anyone else :D

What do you think of the bat Armie bhai posted before?

2 me it looks amazing :D

CD m8 or anyone else :D

What do you think of the bat Armie bhai posted before?

2 me it looks amazing :D

Both CA's that Armie posted are top notch. CA 12000 LE TRD is top of the range so if I dont have budget constraint I will go with this.

Armie Bhai can u please comment on my GN Evo 5 star bat on csf. Its in GN bat review section

Last edited:
Really looking forward to receiving that bat :D

its perfect weight for me :D

Armie bhai had the best price for that bat :D

YH i got ur email while back abt 10-15 mins ago. whats the edge size on the bat? Is the pick up lighter then the CA plus extra power I got from you recently?

Last edited:
Uhmm then why would their bats say 'handmade'? They certainly won't like to have a bad image and won't lie on this fact.

So in what sense Screeaming Cat are handmade?

I think compare to GN they are a bit small.
Because 99% of people will never visit their factory or see the bats being made. Choose whether to believe me or not.

I don't know about Screaming Cat, I have learned to only comment on things I've seen first hand in cricket.

I haven't held an EVO yet, but they look exact same as the Fusion design.
It looks like a nice piece of willow. straight grains. all sapwood. Is the grip a scale?
Once you knock it in good, (it looks like its pre-prepared make sure you give it more knocking) its going to be power packed. More and more, Ive seen those top end GN's with only 5/6 grains they are the most powerful bats I have used.

Because 99% of people will never visit their factory or see the bats being made. Choose whether to believe me or not.

I don't know about Screaming Cat, I have learned to only comment on things I've seen first hand in cricket.

fair enough.

its not that I don't believe you. Honestly, you are the most knowledgeable person on this forum when it comes to bat so I am not sure if anyone will disagree with you :)

So by handmade what exactly do batmakers mean?

Well Thanks to everyone helping me decide the bat :D

CD your been really helpfull thanks alot.

Started with Bubber sher :D ended with 12000 TRD :D hihi.

Will post pic when i have it in my hands.

Best Regards
Sammi Khan

Cover Drive why are you so obsessed with "hand made"?
As I think of it, I want a skilled bat maker to put the handle in every bat I own. I doubt there is a machine that could do it as well. (in the future who knows) then to shape the bat a CNC mill would have to be superior because it can create shapes no human could. like I said before they can cut to within 0.5mm.

In saying that no computer can take into account things like pickup or balance, a master bat maker will check the bat as they go, no doubt but in the end are they not compensating for the cleft to being with? If you plugged in weight numbers to a computer modeling system the computer/CNC mill could come up with something equally as good.

Does anyone know if the current crop of bats with the really high spine (adidas pellara) are only made on CNC mills? Wouldn't you need some crazy shaping tools to put that concave shape in the back by hand?

High spines are created through a convex plane and a pneumatic drum sander. A machine isn't needed to make that particular shape, the only shape on the market which really needs a machine is the Slazenger V3.

Handmade can mean anything from them putting the handle in and sanding it or to shaping the complete bat.

Handmade is nice if you're visiting the factory and want to fiddle with weights and profiles. But pressing is the most important thing.

Guys out of these 2 bats which one do you suggest?

Attachments

• P1020283.jpg
    P1020283.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 299
  • P1020285.jpg
    P1020285.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 295
  • P1020295.jpg
    P1020295.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 296
  • P1020298.jpg
    P1020298.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 289
I will go with the second one due to it's weight....I don't care about grains too much as more grains will reduce the life of the bat.

I haven't held an EVO yet, but they look exact same as the Fusion design.
It looks like a nice piece of willow. straight grains. all sapwood. Is the grip a scale?
Once you knock it in good, (it looks like its pre-prepared make sure you give it more knocking) its going to be power packed. More and more, Ive seen those top end GN's with only 5/6 grains they are the most powerful bats I have used.
THANKS for ur kind comments. The grip is new pyramid type, bat is pre-prepared and the edges were nice and rounded of by GN. I knocked in the face more for abt 15-20 mins with a mallet.
Today I used the bat in practice against old cricket balls and ur right it is a powerful bat. Ping is very good and when the ball hits the toe it still rebounds nicely. It has best pressed toe out of all english bats I've used.
I agree with most things you have said about GN bats in ur last few posts.

Last edited:
I hope you all like new better quality pictures of GN Evo bat.

Last edited:
Plain bat looks really meaty......were they all purchased from UT?

Did you get them shipped or someone brought them over for you?

Plain bat looks really meaty......were they all purchased from UT?

Did you get them shipped or someone brought them over for you?

Thanks. Yes they were all purchased from UT. Someone brought it along with gloves, helmets and wkt keeping gear.

How do you compare the pickup on these bats? All of them look amazing by the way, specially the TRD.

How do you compare the pickup on these bats? All of them look amazing by the way, specially the TRD.

they all have amazing pickup got one MB sher which had he best pickup but was sold as soon as i took it out to show to my friend

Good bats Sherry Bhai!

MB gloves looks good but it wold have been awesome if Pakistani brands used genuine pittard

By the way, aren't you missing few bats and a pair of gloves from this shipment? Such as CA 12K gloves, MB LE etc

Also mind telling how good or better is CA TRD compare to CA 12000 Plus?

JazakALLAH Khair

Good bats Sherry Bhai!

MB gloves looks good but it wold have been awesome if Pakistani brands used genuine pittard

By the way, aren't you missing few bats and a pair of gloves from this shipment? Such as CA 12K gloves, MB LE etc

Also mind telling how good or better is CA TRD compare to CA 12000 Plus?

JazakALLAH Khair

Thanks CD. I am not missing anything, its just that i didnt post pictures of ca 12k gloves, SS Dhoni keeping gloves and Ihsan baselayers. Yaar I got an amazing MB Sher in this shipment. It was 2.6 with 14 dead straight grains but when my friend came to check out stuff he bought it right away. BTW that plain custom is made by AM.

Ah okay. Ph so you also bought SS Dhoni gloves? But why since you don't keep at all? Also where did you buy them from?

Since you have been relucant to AS in past how did you find AS V10?

Last question how are MB gloves?

JazakALLAH Khair

Majid - that's a very nice bat.....which one are you using frequently nowadays?
thanks bhai. Out of all the bats I've used GM most abt 4/5 times but recently I've started using Matrrixx Gladiator LE because that bat is really really lush quality and it has best ping out of all my bats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back