Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah okay. Ph so you also bought SS Dhoni gloves? But why since you don't keep at all? Also where did you buy them from?

Since you have been relucant to AS in past how did you find AS V10?

Last question how are MB gloves?

JazakALLAH Khair

I bought these SS Keeping gloves for Imran bhai as he is doing some keeping for my T20 team.

AS V1O, I must say yaar I am really impressed with its thickness and pickup. I checked it with the mallet and oh boy it pings amazing.

Ah okay.

Sounds like it is really good stick. So how much does TRD differ from normal CA 12000 Plus?

Hey guys,

Will receive my bat today :D

will post some pictures of it later today:D

Best Regards
Sammi

Ive got a question regarding oiling the bat guys.

Normally i would just give my bat to the local cricket shop for that kinda stuff.

but i dont live there any more.

So how does the oiling work? should i coat back and front once? or twice?

best regards.

It depends how dry your bat is. Everyone has different method of oiling. Some people oil the front, sides and back to getter whereas some (like me) oils back and sides together and front seperately. Again post pictures of the bat then one will have a better idea regarding number of coats which are required.

best would be to check with the manufacturer....they will give you the best possible answer reg oiling .....

@cricketer13: nice bats....look top quality....btw what r the weights on those?

Here is the bat :D

i know the pictures arent great but didnt have much time :D

Attachments

• Picture 616.jpg
    Picture 616.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 505
  • Picture 617.jpg
    Picture 617.jpg
    486.5 KB · Views: 492
  • Picture 618.jpg
    Picture 618.jpg
    495.9 KB · Views: 486
  • Picture 619.jpg
    Picture 619.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 519
I would only knock in toe and edges and make the edges round with a mallet. I would also recommend you to fit clear GN exta tec sheet on the bat face. After that you only need to play the bat in against some throw downs.

Last edited:
Majid bhai,

ive only got the Ball malet not the other one :( will that work as well?

There was a clear sheet with the bat, can i use that? or should i buy GN sheet instead?

I am more concern about oilin if i should knock the areas and then oil? or the other way around.

best regards
Sammi

Yh use the one provided with the bat no need to buy new sheet. These bats are super grade bats and are almost fully ready to play. Oil it lightly then round off the edges and knock in toe with the ball mallet. Ball mallet should be fine because these bats are already pre knocked and only require light knocking in.

Last edited:
Thanks majid bhai il just oil the edges tonight.

and start knocking the edges/ toe tomorrow :D

i just cant wait to use the beast :D

it pings soooo nice its amazing :D

edges are huge for the weight of the bat :D

None of the CA bats are pre knocked as there are no facilities available in any factories in Pakistan to pre knock the bat.
I would definitely use better quality Plain Prot sheet as the sheet provided with the bat is not a very good quality.

Regards

Asad

No worries. Lightly oil the face of the bat and edges. And avoid using the bat on artificial concrete hard pitches or against poor/cheap quality balls and save the bat for proper matches.

Last edited:
Just gave light coating :D tomorrow il start knockin it in.

thanks for the help majid bhai + asad bhai :D

When oiling the bat for the first time, I recommend using a liberal amount (cap full) on a cloth on the face then laying the bat horizontal for 24hrs on its back so the oil soaks in from the face, then do the back and lay horizontal for 24hrs. edges just do them at the same time as face or back.

Make sure you spend plenty of time knocking the edges and toe, start soft for 4 hrs or so then after 8hrs you can hit quite hard (not hardest you can). When you test it in the nets use an old ball you should be able to feel where its not knocked in, knock those areas again at home then test out.

see how there is a light color to the willow just to the right of the grain can anyone tell me what that means? Ive seen it on a couple of G1 clefts lately but others are a consistent white across the whole cleft.

it is just a fleck....it doesnt have any bearing on the performance....more and more batmakers these days are grading their clefts on performance rather than cosmetics

Sammi, I personally oil the way bigfan explained above. I would give the bat more time so it can dry completely and oil can soak in properly. Perhaps 72 hours would be ideal before knocking a bat.

By the way, if I am correct this bat seems to be laminated, right?

LOL why is it sad? Intact, I would say it's good thing in my opinion. Since you really care about bats responsiveness then in a sense you are better off as it will rebound slightly better than normal bats.

CD the fact why its sad is atleast i should have been told..

I gave the back and edges a light coating.

il proberly give front the coating tonight.

also i was told i can give the back and front oil at the same time.

question is should i repeat 1-2 more?

Sammi every bat is different. Some need very little oiling while others need a lot. I generally would do 2-3 coats but there was one particular Sher that i had to oil 6 times. The bat gives you a good idea itself once you oil it. Leave it for a couple of days and see how dry the willow is. generally 2-3 coats should be enough.

I would say apply two coats as you don't want the bat to be overoiled. It's better to underoil the bat rather than overoiling it. If I were you I would increase the time gap between each interval. I know you want to get your hands on the bat as soon as you can but trust me it's worth waiting an you won't regret.

Cd il proberly give it second coat on saturday.

can i knock it abit in the mean time? like edges and toe?

If its Laminated then its very sad.

Because i was not told about this.

Laminated bats are cheaper than TRD bats and also it is not legal to play with laminated bat in most leagues. I didn't know that CA made laminated bats with putting their top bat stickers on the bat.
Check with Armie if this bat is definite laminated.

Regards

Asad

Last edited:
Its not a laminated bat thats just a blemish/grain on the edge. I had that sort of grain on my bubber sher bat.
CATRD2.jpg

Laminate joint is straight and this is just a wonky blemish/speck mark

Last edited:
i don't think the bat provided by Armie is laminated. i think it is the prot sheet edges are giving the impression of joint.

Regards

CD - my cousin also picked up a Newbery GT335 last week....it just arrived from England. If I am not mistaken, he bought it through Asad bhai as well.

CD - my cousin also picked up a Newbery GT335 last week....it just arrived from England. If I am not mistaken, he bought it through Asad bhai as well.

Oh that's great to hear. Another person joins Newbery club :D

Did he buy SPS model?

everybody seems to have a good opinion of newbery....wud love to see pics of the bat.....

i am waiting for my AS V10 to be delivered, either today or tomorrow....will put up the pics once i receive it....

everybody seems to have a good opinion of newbery....wud love to see pics of the bat.....

i am waiting for my AS V10 to be delivered, either today or tomorrow....will put up the pics once i receive it....

Yes it's a bullet in disguise.....but a class bat by a mile.

looks absolutely lush mate. love the stickers. much more classier than the subcontinental ones. how does it play? and what about the bottom of the bat? most bats i have used dont have much stroke at the bottom

lastly is it worth the premium over the asian brands??

looks absolutely lush mate. love the stickers. much more classier than the subcontinental ones. how does it play? and what about the bottom of the bat? most bats i have used dont have much stroke at the bottom

lastly is it worth the premium over the asian brands??

They play extremely well. I used mine for a practice session and for a short while in a game and trust me the ball was going like a bullet. Well the one I have (Krakatoa) has really good bottom/toe and is better than Asian bats.

Yes, it is worth every single penny.

no Player's edition.

when is he getting it? and yes - this one came from Asad bhai.

I had gotten a thruxton sps from him a couple weeks back. Initially, i couldnt find the middle and was prefering my BAS, but i've had a few more sessions with it and its a great bat. love the NB quality. Will post pics on here soon.

when is he getting it? and yes - this one came from Asad bhai.

I had gotten a thruxton sps from him a couple weeks back. Initially, i couldnt find the middle and was prefering my BAS, but i've had a few more sessions with it and its a great bat. love the NB quality. Will post pics on here soon.

He picked it up yesterday....we can meet up this weekend for you to check it out. I can finally use my bat in the games without him having to take it everytime :))

Does anyone know if SF are going to release any new softs this year?
Who else makes gloves with pittards leather palms besides SS and SG?

I picked up a Puma Iridium 6000 last week weighed according to the sticker 2lb11 and it picked up better than 2lb7/8. thick piece of willow 30mm edges. grains didn't look to inviting. Is it possible to get 2lb6 bats that aren't toothpics?
hell even a toothpick that had a middle even if its small. I used an old school GM maestro in the nets, toothpick of a bat couldn't have been more than 2lb6 was a pleasure to use. so much time to wield the bat for any stroke.

I think they have already released 2010 new softs. Although I am not sure if you are asking of 2011.

Mostly every company makes gloves with pittard palm.

Pardon me but what are you referrig to when saying 'toothpick'

I bought some softs off SF in 2009 and they still sell the same softs now as they had then (more than 12 months ago).

I like 4 split shark tooth batting gloves, so I would like to find some that have pittards palms.
I like the more splits the better, especially on my left (top) hand have to have full movement to hold the bat.

Like this
slazengervikingcricketg.jpg
pumaballistic5000ultras.jpg

By toothpick I mean thin. If you have a toothpick its a very thin splint of wood you use to pick food out from between your teeth.
When I said that I meant that the size of the bat would not matter so long as I could get one that was very light.
I was asking if anyone know of any light bats manufacturers make

Gary at Redback have good split gloves which have Pittard Palm. Newbery SPS 2 also have pittard palm whereas they are split as well and the list goes on.

One of the batmaker of who I got aware of lately is Black Cat. They make quite impressive light weight bats with very good profile.

Another one which came in my mind is Kookaburra Blade 950 gloves (the ones Eoin Morgan wears). They look pretty good split gloves.

Got another CA plus bat today frm Armie and I will post some pictures later.

Last edited:
Looks great! Profile seems to be more "meatier" compare to mines. I hope it goes well for you
Danevaad, Uzair miyyan tum chinta mat karo tumhara bat b acha hai nd frm this angle the CA bat looks meaty like bubber sher profile.

Last edited:
Danevaad, Uzair miyyan tum chinta mat karo tumhara bat b acha hai nd frm this angle the CA bat looks meaty like bubber sher profile.

It definately looks meaty than normal CA 12000 Plus. The sweetspot seems to be quite extended on this one as well. Personally I really liked it.

Thanks Majid. It's just that im after a Ihsan Inferno. I'll check both those sites out.

Thanks

I tested the CA PLUS 12000 bat I got from Armie yesterday. The ping is unbelievably good and it sup there with Matrrixx Gladiator LE bat.

I measured out the edges properly on all three bats today. Matrrixx Gladiator Le has 34/35mm, CA PLUS 12K 35mm edges and CA PLUS Extra Power edges are 42mm. All three have very meat profiles.
TOPCLASSCA1.jpg

Last edited:
CAsandMatrrixx.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx1.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx3.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx4.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx5.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx6.jpg

CAsandMatrrixx7.jpg

CA PLUS 12,000 REVIEW;
After getting CA Plus Extra Power from Armie I was tempted and wanted to get another CA bat as Extra power had impressed me not only with it's quality but with everything. So when I got this bat I was really impressed with it's quality and with the bat specs. The bat weighs 2.9 but with feather light pick up it seems it is 2.7. The pickup have made this bat incredibly light and I hope it doesn't get too light for me. However, the willow seems to be quite moistured whereas the profile and edges are really massive for it's weight. Ping is the best. Overall I am very impressed with this CA as well and would recommend to anyone.

Last edited:
PICTURES OF GRAY NICOLLS IGNITE PRO PERFORMANCE 4 Uzair Miyyan.
gnigniteproperformance.jpg

gnigniteproperformance1.jpg

gnigniteproperformance2.jpg

gnigniteproperformance3.jpg

gnigniteproperformance6.jpg

Last edited:
Took these pictures at a local shop mapperly sports. GN Ignite pro performance 2.9, 7-9 clean grains & great balance light pick up, beautiful craftsmanship and finish on the bat is awesome.

Last edited:
Looks great. It is indeed one of the best Pro Perfermance I have seen.

JazakALLAH Khair for the pictures Majid Bhai

Ah it's a great bat. If you like it and are wishing to get it then I would say go for it and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Uhmm where are you looking for that bat? I mean which website/stores etc

I never got the the DVD with the GN evo bat and I think its the same as utube clips on how to knock in info.

Ah it's a great bat. If you like it and are wishing to get it then I would say go for it and I am sure you won't be disappointed.

Uhmm where are you looking for that bat? I mean which website/stores etc

At the moment, im just looking at the websites other users in this thread have recommended

Dosta forget Ihsan bats, try a SS or Matrrixx like the one I recently got frm Ajit. SS bats are one the best in the world and thats why so many Asian players use SS ton bats.

5gloves.jpg
5gloves1.jpg

5gloves2.jpg
5gloves3.jpg

pictures for Uzair Miyyan.
I only have 5 pairs of gloves thesedays and you hav overtaken me, I think you have around 7-9 pairs.

Ok finally yesterday i used the bat in the nets:D been waiting patiently for better weather.

Anyhow i must say its amazing :D

looking forward to playing my first match on sunday with it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back