Questions Regarding Cricket Equipment (Bats, Pads, Gloves etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahab Riaz seems to be using a nice new AS V3 bat, looks like a normal one, not a custom.

Paradox,

Wahab is using AS V10 which is superior than V3.

I guess as a tailender he might not be bat savvy and probably doesn't care much so he wouldn't mind a off shelf bat.

Paradox,

Wahab is using AS V10 which is superior than V3.

I guess as a tailender he might not be bat savvy and probably doesn't care much so he wouldn't mind a off shelf bat.

Just thought I would share a good news with you guys and it's that I have ordered Bubber Sher Limited Edition, Bubber Sher Pads, Bubber Sher gloves and MB 'Double Decker' bag. According to Malik Zulfiqar they will be here in 2 days time.

Pictures of new SG STUD T20i bat. These are special t20 bats with huge middle and very thick edges. Its the same bat V. Sehwag S. Raina & Rahul Dravid are using at the moment. I'm thinking of getting this frm Ajit.
NEWSGSTUDT20i.jpg
NEWSGSTUDT20i1.jpg

NEWSGSTUDT20i2.jpg
NEWSGSTUDT20i3.jpg

NEWSGSTUDT20i4.jpg
NEWSGSTUDT20i5.jpg

the bat is not laminated....although i think it weighs closer to 1300gms ...so quite a heavy bat

Poison, I think it means the bat is laminated.

By the way guys just to update today I recieved my MB Malik stuff which includes Bubber Sher Limited Edition, Bubber Pads, gloves and a bag along MB thigh guard and elbow guard.

Pictures to follow

Cover Drive a store in Australia is selling these 'double cleft' bats which they say all international players secretly use.

Cover Drive a store in Australia is selling these 'double cleft' bats which they say all international players secretly use.

Nope! I am 80% certain that 'double cleft' means laminated. Now it is illegal for international players to use laminated bats as it results a big size bat in small weight. If a match referee sees it then an immediate action could be taken. So I disagree with him. It is kinda hard to hide it as well. Most international player bats don't have edges fully covered which would hide the joint.

There's 1 England player at the moment who I think may have a laminate, but usage is not massively widespread. The laminates that have been used by the likes of Tendulkar are vastly different to the shop ones to and they're made for different reasons.

There's 1 England player at the moment who I think may have a laminate, but usage is not massively widespread. The laminates that have been used by the likes of Tendulkar are vastly different to the shop ones to and they're made for different reasons.

If I guess that English player then is it KP?

Sounds interesting mind what are the different reasons?

As far as I understand the blade of a bat has to be made from a single piece of willow. However, if a bat breaks it is permissable to repair the bat with a separate piece of willow. I am sure anyone caught using a laminated bat would claim that they are using a repaired bat.

If I guess that English player then is it KP?

Sounds interesting mind what are the different reasons?
Not KP.

Quite a few of the shop laminated bats are done so you have a pretty face and can use a lower grade wood on the bat. The pros have them done purely for performance and they're therefore using a different technique to do the lamination.

I got my Kook blade bat back frm mapperly sports, they sent it to Kookaburra factory to get it rehandled. Kookaburra offer excellent customer service. Got the bat back on friday after they rehandled it free and fully refurbished with new toe guard, grip, scuff sheet and better quality stickers fitted all for free and this only took abt 10 days. Bat looks absolutely brand new.

oh crap i ruined the picture
I will resize the pictures and upload them later :)

I had a couple of hits with a GN ignite on the weekend, massive massive bat. plenty of power. you probably need to keep working your bat majid, other wise sell it to me cheaply.

How are you Cover Drive?

EDIT - JUST SEEN THEM NOW.

How much did you pay for the gear?

Last edited:
Alhamdulilah, I am doing great! Hope you are well too!

Are you talking about everything (bat, pads and gloves)?

I had a couple of hits with a GN ignite on the weekend, massive massive bat. plenty of power. you probably need to keep working your bat majid, other wise sell it to me cheaply.
Dosta, ur right the GN will turn out to be a good bat when its fully knocked & played in. I also recently saw a GN Ignite 4 star bat at a local shop, it weighed 2.9 but the shape was huge, thick edges and really high spine. I would have bought it if I didnt have the Evo.

Great pictures of the MB Malik Bubber Sher bat there Uzair bhai.

Never knew you are a fan of :afridi

Can someone please tell me which bat Eoin Morgan is holding here?

103886376.jpg

Says Kookaburra Blade on the sticker. Is this a good bat? Looks pretty cool.

Last edited:
I think it is Kookaburra Blade 950, but I'm not sure. Anybody ever used this bat?

JazakALLAH Khair, Hammad. No not really. I am not Afridi's fan its just I like the bat because its quality.

Yes, Morgan uses Kookaburra Blade. Majid Bhai, has used it would be best to ask him.

Got hold of Abdul Razzaq's Boom Boom bat yesterday - he actually gave it to a friend of my brothers (who is a semi-pro) as they were leaving their hotel yesterday

Superb pick up - weighs about 2lb 12 but felt like it was 2lb 4oz

The edges were double the size of a conventional bat!!!! Monster edges!

But the actual construction quality was very very poor - unfinished; jagged, unplaned edges; very rough

I didnt have time to take photos of it as I was trying to get my sons bat autgraphed (which I did successfully!)

Awesome gear CD, congratulations and inshallah they will do you well. Did you also get the Malik bag and if so do you mind putting up some pictures?

Wow that's good to hear Oxy Bhai. Do you have any rough idea on edges thickness?

Ah no worries about the pictures you had provided them last time around so no worries.

AamerM Bhai, yes I also bought MB bag. InshALLAH, I'll post pictures of them soon.

CD beautiful bat MASHALLAH and I love those pads and gloves I am getting them too.

can you tell how much you paid for those pair of pads and gloves ??

JazakALLAH Khair dhump bhai!

For batting pads I paid Rs. 2000 and for gloves I paid Rs. 1500

Hope it helps!

Not sure of precise figure but I would say they are lighter than my GM Original LE and CA 12000 Plus. Perhaps tad heavier than your CA 10000 Plus.

I don't have the CA pads as I sold them a while ago....currently using SS Superlite pads

JazakALLAH Khair dhump bhai!

For batting pads I paid Rs. 2000 and for gloves I paid Rs. 1500

Hope it helps!

nicee ..got them for really cheapp ehh
how much did u pay for the bat?? and is it a custom bat with the MB bubber sher LE stickers?

Awesome gear CD bhai. How would you compare these bats to your previous Bubber Sher bats? Also are MB thinking of releasing any Pittard gloves? I might go to Pakistan in the winter. How do you compare MB bats and the service with some of the other brands there?

Awesome gear CD bhai. How would you compare these bats to your previous Bubber Sher bats? Also are MB thinking of releasing any Pittard gloves? I might go to Pakistan in the winter. How do you compare MB bats and the service with some of the other brands there?

JazakALLAH Khair!

To be honest, there is notable difference in this and the Bubber Sher I own. This is miles better than it in terms of everything such as profile, pickup, balance etc.

Actually these are Pittard palm gloves. But it's not genuine pittard, it's like pattern style palm. Hope it made sense.

Service had been exceptionally throughout the deal.

The best person to answer that question would be Sherry Bhai (cricketer13). Alhamdulilah he has every Pakistani brand top of the line bat.

Uzair yaar, can you name a couple of the best brands (types) for pads/gloves, I am now looking to upgrade my cricket gear for the next upcoming season. I am looking for pads which are really light and snug on nicely against the legs. And for gloves light yet flexible and safe. Price medium-high dont matter much no more, budget is good :)

Also, what bats are good to be looking at in the 250-300 range? (2-3 brands)

Thanks bro.

Uzair yaar, can you name a couple of the best brands (types) for pads/gloves, I am now looking to upgrade my cricket gear for the next upcoming season. I am looking for pads which are really light and snug on nicely against the legs. And for gloves light yet flexible and safe. Price medium-high dont matter much no more, budget is good :)

Thanks bro.

If you are looking at Pakistani, CA12000 LE should do the trick

As far as English bats are concerned, Newbury will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Thanks bro.

Sure, here you go;

Pads; If you look at English then one of the best pads around which are quite light would be Morrant Superlite, which Sachin Tendulkar uses. They are moulded pads but any brand moudled pads would be light in weight and would do the trick for you. However, I find them to be priced a bit high. So an alternate yet good solution would be if you go with CA 10000 Plus pads which Sherry Bhai has. They are same type of pads and are very light.

If not moulded style pads then new Bubber Sher pads are good as they are light in terms of weight and fit nicely.

Apart from them Gray Nicolls Xiphos are good. These are the ones Mohammad Yousuf wears in Test matches.

Last style/type would be GM RSB. These are the ones Majid Bhai has and ones Ravi Bopara wears.

All of the pads mentioned above are light when it comes to weight. However, I would like to ask you one thing that are you going to get pads shipped from another country (Pakistan, England, India etc)? If you are then I must say shipping charges will kill your budget as shipping for a pair of pads is ridiculously high.

Gloves: Again if you look for high end English brand gloves then the ones which are flexible are M&H Distinction. They are top quality gloves and no one will have doubt about that. As far there price goes it would be quite steep.

If you move to Pakistani gloves then it would be Ihsan Inferno 950, Ihsan Inferno 750, CA 12000 Plus (I have pair of each so if you would like to have a look then let me know. The Inferno 750 are brand new so if you want them then we can talk about it).

Bats:

In that price range you can get a Newbery bat. You have probably seen my Newbery bat and I paid 200 GBP for it which is around $300 CAD and this price includes shipping from UK to your doorstep.

There are quite a few Pakistani bats that you can get as well such as AS V10, MB Malik Bubber Sher Limited Edition, CA 12000 Plus and CA 12000 Plus TRD Limited Edition.

Hope it helps! Feel free to ask any question you have got.

thanks for the info, any good sources to go check the products from (in GTA area), or online stores? whats my best option here...

thanks for the info, any good sources to go check the products from (in GTA area), or online stores? whats my best option here...

I personally wouldn't buy anything from the dealers in Toronto....check out Uzi sports or onlinestockist.com for both softs and bats.

If you are looking for light weight pads, SS makes really good lightweight pads as well as gloves.

I personally do not like like Ihsan gloves, I have a pair and compared to CA & SS, they are pretty bad.

I am not sure of many in GTA. Ones I am aware of are AK Pro, Hagee, Khan etc and all of them are cohorr

Do you mind specifically stating which products you want to check out in GTA?

Just to check out the bats, go to Hagee. They recently got amazing shipment. Check CA10000 LE (Imran Nazir Mani), I checked it out and loved it.

Just to check out the bats, go to Hagee. They recently got amazing shipment. Check CA10000 LE (Imran Nazir Mani), I checked it out and loved it.

im not so sure about that shipment. i personally wouldn't buy any of it. there is a massive difference between the BAS Blaster LE i've got from Asad Bhai & the one he has in the store.

if i were you - I'd either order one from asad bhai OR buy one of uzair's custom made maliks.

ASV10GLOVES.jpg

AS V10 GLOVES
ASV3GLOVES.jpg

AS V3 GLOVES
ASTONEGLOVES.jpg

AS TONE GLOVES
ASGOLDGLOVES.jpg

AS GOLD GLOVES
ASV10PADS.jpg

AS V10 PADS
ASV3PADS.jpg

AS V3 PADS
As V10 gloves and pads look amazing.

Amazing gear, huge improvements. Best Pak soft goods I've ever seen. AS and MB are doing really well. CA make nice gloves but their pads are average compared to AS,BoomBoom & MB. Ihsan softs are also pretty good. I rate AS the best.

AS soft might look good, in fact, it does look good but they are not good at all. I used to have AS V3 gloves and trust me they were horrible and weren't comfortable at all!

The AS V10 pads look like the BoomBoom ones except for the two O's on the knee. Can they not create their own designs? lol

The AS V10 pads look like the BoomBoom ones except for the two O's on the knee. Can they not create their own designs? lol

But I think AS ones are bit better. If you closely look AS ones have knee roll which Boom Boom ones doesn't have. So I would say AS ones are tad better. AS seems to be first Pakistani brand to be using knee roll in it pads.

But I think AS ones are bit better. If you closely look AS ones have knee roll which Boom Boom ones doesn't have. So I would say AS ones are tad better. AS seems to be first Pakistani brand to be using knee roll in it pads.

Yeah, for me BoomBoom are just a big joke really. The quality of Pakistan's Kits these days is shocking.

How do you think they get BoomBoom embroidered onto an albion helmet?

Thanks for the pics CD.

Is the bag heavy when empty? Does all your gear fit in it easily? I am looking to get another bag for my son (he has a lot of gear for his age). What I have found is with most bags that once you put the helmet you have to juggle the rest of the kit around to make it fit. How do you rate this bag?

Yeah, for me BoomBoom are just a big joke really. The quality of Pakistan's Kits these days is shocking.

How do you think they get BoomBoom embroidered onto an albion helmet?

By kits if you mean clothing the one players wear but if you mean equipment which includes pads, gloves etc then I would say it's quite better than before. Pakistani equipment is improving day by day and it is getting as good as English.

Uhmm I don't think it is embroidered on the helmet. I guess it's just white sticke which sticks very well.

Thanks for the pics CD.

Is the bag heavy when empty? Does all your gear fit in it easily? I am looking to get another bag for my son (he has a lot of gear for his age). What I have found is with most bags that once you put the helmet you have to juggle the rest of the kit around to make it fit. How do you rate this bag?

No worries mate!

No, it is not heavy when it's empty. Even I you fin it heavy then you can use wheels but I dent find it heavy. Uhmm since it is 'double decker' you can put pads and bats inthe bottom level whereas othe stuff which includes helmet can be kept in upper level. I did not face that problem. The other day what I had in my bag was the following; 4 bats, pair of pads in bottom level and strippers and helmet along two gloves in upper level. The pocket where I have strippers you can easily put pads and or bat in it if the one on right is empty.

I am not sure if I was able to explain it properly but if you wish I can put my stuff in and post (or email) some pictures so you can have a better idea of what I am saying.

MashALLAH your son has impressive stuff. If I remember you once said he has M&H stuff so if you can post pictures of them then it would be highly appreciated.

JazakALLAH Khair

Thanks a lot CD.

I'll get his gear together and some of my old gear and post some pics at the weekend.

like the look of that bag....has a lot of room for all the gear and also lots of compartments....which wud u think is the best kit bag from pakistan??

like the look of that bag....has a lot of room for all the gear and also lots of compartments....which wud u think is the best kit bag from pakistan??

Have no knowledge about kit bags either. So sorry I really can't answer this question. I just ended up with this bat because I got bats, gloves etc from the same sender so I also bought a bag.

also i read none of the pakistan brands have genuine pittards in their gloves....is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back