Sindh vs NWFP | 4 day game | Karachi | 10/02/2008 to 13/02/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good over by Anwar. Mostly relies on inswingers, and got some deliveries to come in, in this over. One lbw appeal against Younis was turned down in this over. It was a sharp inswinger and pitched way outside off, but this time got him.

Poor, poor, poor bowling by Uzair-ul-Haq. Continuously bowling wides.

Good line and length ball, caught well at gully by Afridi, the batsman trying to play a "flashy" cut shot

68-4. 22.4 overs. Kaneria bowling.

Is Sohail Khan bowling quick? Any change in his run up? How's Anwar Ali doing?

95-4 After 33 overs.

Sohail Khan has been impressive. Run up is the same. Anwar Ali needs to work on his outswingers. He mostly relies on inwingers.

95/4

Anwar ali dosen't look half bad

getting plenty of bounce ... well given his action anyways ...

Danny gets Wasti

95 for 5

Been very impressed by Sohail and Anwar.

100/5

Anwar Ali's bowling is impressive, but the basics can be worked on.

His run up starts @ random paces ... and drifting down the leg more than a couple of times in the past few overs i have seen.

In unrelated news: Kaneria sucks

Anwar Ali damages something

Phyiotherapist/doctor is no where to be seen ...

Anwar Ali and Sohail Khan

Sohail Khan got a couple of wickets so far, one yorked. For those watching how has he looked pace wise? How's Anwar Ali played? Any out swingers and how's his pace?

I think Sohail Khan has taken at least 4 wickets so far, hard to say when there is so little official updates.

There is no speed gun apparently so any comment about pace will be highly judgmental.

Bailan said:
100/5

Anwar Ali's bowling is impressive, but the basics can be worked on.

His run up starts @ random paces ... and drifting down the leg more than a couple of times in the past few overs i have seen.

In unrelated news: Kaneria sucks

ohhh what i give to be able to watch this match !

Sohail looks way quicker than the match against Zimbabwe ,his runup look fast too (but still needs work a bit) I guess some of his delivery were easily around 145 but he was bowling fast in patches not consistently.
I am really dissapoint with Anwar Ali he seems to lost his pace(dont think he was bowling more than 80mph) and he also doesnt have enough controll over his line ,Although he can swing it both ways.
Uzayr-ul-Haq is no where International standard bowler and neither shown a glimpse or potential although his action looks a bit similar to Liam Plunkett but with less pace.

ataullah said:
how many wickets for sohail khan?

I've counted 4 so far, but that is relying solely upon third party reports.

Apparently took 2 in 2 balls, but missed the hat-trick.

No scorecard to be seen. Why the hell have pcb website when they can't be bothered to give live updates on matches. Is it supposed to be the top tournament in Pakistan?

I was just watching Geo in the UK and they were showing a video of the game which was being shown in Pak on Geo Super..

The scorecard at the bottom said.

NWFP
130 for 8 approx

I'm going to do a cricinfo now and talk randomly about some bizarre performance or statistic whilst waiting for some cricket action to befall us.

In the inter district, U-19 tournament in Pakistan, Rehan Albert took 24 wickets @ 7 with a SR of 18 :14:

Not bad for a no.4 batsmen.

well if kaneria can't perform in these domestic matches ... their is no chance he will do anything vs australia !

Sindh 30/1 after 8 overs. Faz-Le-Akbar and Samiullah bowling. Akbar getting good swing.

Will post as soon as I find out. =) Just came back home. They are not showing the whole scorecard.

Last edited:
Naumanullah and Khalid Latif batting for Sindh right now.

FAM can u gives us an approx scorecard for the NWFP innings ?

Four by Naumanullah to covers off Samiullah.

According to commentators:

Naumanullah plays the short pitch bowling well. He is good at front foot. Shaky at the beginning of the innings, but plays aggressively once he gets set.

43/1 after 10 overs. Naumanullah is trying to play aggressively here. Got beaten by playing a way outside off delivery.

What timing! Full lenght ball, came on front foot, and just connected the bat with the ball. Four to mid off.

The batsman that got out was Khurram Manzoor. Samiullah was the bowler.

No crowd really. Very few people. Few kids watching the match with their dad from the boundary line.

Naumanullah is swinging his bat now. Got a four over the slips. There's no need to play aggressively now as there are only 2 overs to go.

56/1. 4 by Nauman. Edged pass the slips.

Last over to come. Shakeel-ur-Rehman to bowl.

Commentator: Saching Tendulkar ki copy karte hain Khalid Latif. Lol

End of the Day 1.

NWFP 203 all out. 74.1 overs I think.

Sindh 60/1 after 15 overs.

Sohail Khan gives credit to Mohindar Kumar for his good bowling.

1 wicket each to Anwar Ali and Uzair-ul-Haq. 2 wickets each to Afridi and Danish

Last edited:
NWFP was 105/8 at one stage, but then the last two wickets put up a partnership of 98 runs.

Shakeel-Ur-Rehamn (tail ender) scored 45 for NWFP.

Last edited:
yasserkhan said:
Good to see Danish setting the domestic scene alight.

He'll be a touch disappointed he didn't get to bowl the 50 odd overs he normally used to.

ohh goood...sindh did well!!! n really happy about Sohail Khan
anyways hope they make a big target for NWFP n win the match

For anyone who missed the action, i've just seen an advert on GEO (UK), saying that the highlights will be on at 7.30pm.

Mohsin_Pak786 said:
For anyone who missed the action, i've just seen an advert on GEO (UK), saying that the highlights will be on at 7.30pm.
reallly greattt thnxx for telling
7:30pm means 8:30 german time hmmmm thnx alot

SwEeT CaNdY said:
reallly greattt thnxx for telling
7:30pm means 8:30 german time hmmmm thnx alot

Does that mean it will be available for Geo TV (Europe) ? or just re-run for those that have Geo Super.

aggarwald said:
Who is this Kumar guy?
from his PP interview

Sohail Khan: Rashid Latif told me to go and see Mohinder Kumar...

PakPassion.Net: ..Mohinder Kumar?

Sohail Khan: Mohinder Kumar was a brilliant fast bowler who was very successful but missed out on International selection due to Pakistan having bowlers like Imran and Wasim in the team. He has a lot of experience and so on RL's recommendation I joined his academy, in fact two of the guys from his academy are high up in both the batting (Naumanullah) and bowling (myself) charts. He deserves a lot of credit for our success because he really gives his everything to his players. He really helped me with my run-up and action, he would spend all day with me assuring me that if I put the work in that I could make it to the national team. Even when I collapsed from exhaustion, he was at my side forcing me to get up and carry on. He really drives us hard...

http://www.pakpassion.net/ppforum/showthread.php?t=51406

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back