Sindh vs NWFP | 4 day game | Karachi | 10/02/2008 to 13/02/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on SINDH!!!!!!!!

AMAZING STUFF :D :D

Score updates?

Intriguingly poised. Sindh though with the upper hand with 10 wickets in hand.

well guys if khurram manzoor gets a 100 here he is a surety for our next test match

especially the bowling he is facing

Gunner786 said:
well guys if khurram manzoor gets a 100 here he is a surety for our next test match

especially the bowling he is facing

Butt has made his case too with a hundred against Shoaib, Rao and Arafat. We'll have to wait for the rest of the matches to see who comes out on top.

Sindh 130/0 (Khurram 76*, Khalid 56*) 179 more needed to win.

Good start by Sindh but a few quick wickets tommorow and we might see Sindh crumble again. I hope Khurram scores a ton here.

Jedi Knight said:
just heard that S Butt made a dble century and Nasir a ton.

Suddenly theres a lot of compettition for the opening slot most openers are doing well in this pentengular... cup!!

The scorecard is updated on the PCB website Sindh ended the day at 130/0 needing 179 more to win.

Lahoria said:
The scorecard is updated on the PCB website Sindh ended the day at 130/0 needing 179 more to win.
wuhooo
well done Sindh....the match is ours!!!

Kaneria took bachon waali wickets; he dismisses tailenders and then boasts about them. That's all he does these days.

NWFP seriously lacks firepower in their bowling (Niazi, Fazl-e-Akbar, etc.), and thus I expect Sindh to take this one.

Darn! I was really hoping for NWFP to win this one.

But im happy that sind started off to well! Our openers are doing quite well actually.

This is a good match.

Classic that Danny bowls well and people still bash him. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Poor guy.

Also, I'm glad that the myth of Afridi's wonderful and attacking captaincy has finally been smashed and abliterated. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in terms of captaincy.

Hash said:
This is a good match.

Classic that Danny bowls well and people still bash him. Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. Poor guy.

Also, I'm glad that the myth of Afridi's wonderful and attacking captaincy has finally been smashed and abliterated. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in terms of captaincy.

Hash, you know very well Kaneria ne bachon ki wickets nikaali hain is match main! Come on, admit it now :D .

Afridi was actually very active during 3rd day's play and he showed enough sense to presist with spin even with the new ball available. I think he showed that he genuinely cared about the game and was seen sitting outside the pavillion watch the game during Sindh's innings.

The lack of bounce in the pitch has made made caugh behind and catches to slips almost imposible and with NWFP lacking a match winning spinner in their lineup Sindh should have this game rapped up before tea.

the_game said:
Hash, you know very well Kaneria ne bachon ki wickets nikaali hain is match main! Come on, admit it now :D .
Kaneria bowled well yaar.

He is easily the most talented spinner in PAK so i hope he gets the form back

PlanetPakistan said:
Kaneria bowled well yaar.

He is easily the most talented spinner in PAK so i hope he gets the form back

I would want him taking wickets as well, but he looked clueless against the top order batting of NWFP (watched the extended highlights from yesterday as well).

the_game said:
I would want him taking wickets as well, but he looked clueless against the top order batting of NWFP (watched the extended highlights from yesterday as well).
yaar he is out of form...let him start from getting all the bacchas out and hopefully he will get to the barras soon.

Kaneria looked like a douche when faced with quality batting. (i.e. Top order NWFP)

Struggling to run through domestic sides should stand for something.

Kaneria isn't the answer and that much should be clear to everyone, yes he could return to being a decent test spinner but he is never going to turn into a match winner. Younis Khan destroyed him and he stills bowls a hit me delivery every over. As far as his wickets are concerned Afridi was unlucky twice on LBW decisions otherwise both of them would have ended up with 3 wickets.

The wicket is not ideal for spin bowling so lets see what he does in other matches but PCB should seriously be looking at a replacement.

Fazal-e-akbar is bowling good line and lenght and Khuram manzoor is negotiating him well.

Hit em for a sold four through the off side, all along the ground.

Thats one serious disadvantage of average medium pacers- they cant do anything when the pitch flatens out.

161/0

Openers been in there for over 6+ hours ... a property long been missing in our international openers.

Khalid gone for 72. Caught plumb in front to the arm ball by the left-arm spinner chap.

161-1

Khurram eases another 4 over the bowlers head (two bounces into the fence)

Moves onto 98. Brilliant innings.

Sindh look like they're in a hurry here; Khurram lofts the ball twice over mid-on for boundaries and naumanullah starts with 3 boundaries, 2 flicks through the on side, and a drive through the covers.

183-1

Khurram: 99

Naumanullah: 12

Glorious drive for four and Khurram brings up his century.

PlanetPakistan said:
Nice shot from K Manzoor.

This Shakeel guy is totally out of shape

Even Fazl-e-Akbar seems to have gained a lot of weight since the last game I saw him play.

Khurram cleaned up by Niazi. Good ball.

223 for 2

PlanetPakistan said:
Bhanja is in.
Bhanja vs new ball= Golden chance for NWFP

This game isn't over yet.

Another couple of quick wickets. Sindh have a long tail with Danny coming in at 8.

That ball swung in quite a lot.
I think the reason why samiullah looked so ordinary in the ZIM series is because he hasn't learnt to swing the white ball yet

Ok......two aunties have shown up at my house to meet the mother. They have taken over the living room which is where the TV is so I cannot watch anymore.

I believe there is a link? Please?

can anyone tell me about the link for live fed in US?

please keep updating the score PP.....as I no longer have access to a TV

oh dear! Bhanja survives a plumb LBW!

He has been out twice

oh and now he IS OUT!

WHy? why? why has this guy played 20+ test matche for PAK???

thanks PP

hopefully Bhanja will go soon. Want to see a close game.

Bhanja! Bhanja! Bhanja!

What an innings by Bhanja!

Out THREE times and he can't even make it past 10! Bhanja ZINDABAD!

PlanetPakistan said:
errr...he made a big fat duck!

even better! :))

Fawad Alam in now......hopefully he can bat through, whether or not Sindh win.

I am enjoying this tournament how ever i don't have any emotional attachment with any of the teams e.g i don't care if Punjab(my province) wins the tournament or not.
Are you guys feeling the same way?

Naumanullah gone LBW to Samiullah Khan Niazi!

4 wickets down and its GAME ON now!

226 for 4.

83 still to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back