South Africa (60/1) thrash Afghanistan (56) by 9 wickets to advance to the final of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Waste of a semi final spot
Afghanistan getting obliterated

Dayum Aus should had made it 😬 one lucky inning was needed by Afghans, too timid, all depends again on Rashid for quick runs

They have to swing for the hills. This defensive strategy doesn't work. SA pace bowling is deadly dangerous on these wickets with variable bounce

afghanistan being badly exposed here. I had always said after Gurbaz and Ibrahim there is nothing more often than not.:(

Just swing on reflexes no point defending and another gone 😂 please dont make the lowest score of T20

afghanistan being badly exposed here. I had always said after Gurbaz and Ibrahim there is nothing more often than not.:(
Every time Gurbaz clicked they won match. Be it is ODI or T20. India managed to nail him mostly. But somehow it is aid "Afghans show no intent".

the problem is minnows getting to semis is old story but it cant change the fact you need seasoned teams in semis or final.

Wow first final for Saffers, they are doing it this time, they are channeling their inner springboks.

That’s the problem with minnows getting further in tournaments they de value it.. rabada vs Travis head would have been box office..

Wow South Africa treating this as a warm up for the final.

Massacre.

For SA to have a chance India has to reach finals, Both will be undefeated

Seems like the afghanis have learned self-implosion from their Pakistani cousins.

This is the problem with too much aggression. Afghanistan should have bowled.

Markram realised his mistake of not bowling full quota against WI… today hez getting its fruit

Seems like the afghanis have learned self-implosion from their Pakistani cousins.

This is the problem with too much aggression. Afghanistan should have bowled.
No ,decision is right to bat first. The pressure would had been too much to bat second

I guess this is the reason why people want a full test nation in the semis and the finals.
This is T20. unpredictable format. First semi final pressure is going to be there for any team. Plus this pitch is hopeless pitch for team like Afghanistan. Ball is not even swinging. Just straight balls. Up and down variable bounce plus tentativeness contributed to colapse.

Every body looked scared at the crease. There is no confidence. These are not unplayable balls. In a league game they probably would have played these balls better.

Pace and bounce and the Afghanistani batters caught like deers in headlights. They celebrated too soon

Keep it under 50-60 to not give Afg any chance.

Afghans should take it deep.

If they don't lose another wicket till 15-16 overs, they may get to 120-130.

The need a fluke inning from anyone
They have to survive all the seamers and target spinners . If they pile up 110 runs somehow they can utilize the indentation on the pitches which is causing variable bounce. But 110 is a very very very long way away. 50 is the closest target they can achieve

This is how the forwards in battle would had felt , getting smacked by arrows and what not.
and another out lmaoo

I feel for Afghans. They look petrified. I have seen them play South Africans. They scored 244 in WC 2023. Omarzai made 97 there. Now he is out.

Back