South Africa (60/1) thrash Afghanistan (56) by 9 wickets to advance to the final of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Fun fact: South Africa is the only team that remains unbeaten against Afghanistan since their international debut.

50-60 runs should be the target for SA here. Don't let it get near 100.

All said and done this is a substandard pitch. Cannot have too many double digit scores here. NZ bowled out for 75 against Afghanistan.

lol this is why I never support SA. There was a time I used to. But they are mentally weak bullies. Look at this clown trying to bully Rashid Khan. In this situation, he suddenly has the guts to do so. He'll have his tail between his legs in the finals whoever the opposition.

If SA make it there :dhoni

Nortje is sledging Rashid.

I think it started after Rashid convinced umpire to give a wide. Nortje wasn't happy about it.

lol this is why I never support SA. There was a time I used to. But they are mentally weak bullies. Look at this clown trying to bully Rashid Khan. In this situation, he suddenly has the guts to do so. He'll have his tail between his legs in the finals whoever the opposition.

If SA make it there :dhoni

On paper, South Africa are better than India.

South Africa beat England in Super 8.

Not sure how you are being dismissive.

BD think tank are jokers. Should've used Soriful against Gurbaz. Once Gurbaz goes so does everyone.
Yet they didn’t take the game deep today.
Sanjay Manjrekar the annoyance predicted this before semis for Afghans

As I said Rashid can do this , he has done this multiple times in IPL , he knows to handle pressure

I am all for pitches that help seamers. but it still cannot be too many variables. A new team like Afghanistan which enters emi final for the first time cannot survive on a pitch like this.

There is a history between Rashid khan and Jansen. Jansen had to defend 25 runs in the 20th over against Gujarat Titans. Rashid khan smashed him for 27 runs in one over and won the match. In the SA league Jansen returned the favor by hitting Rashid khan for 25 runs in one over.

There is a history between Rashid khan and Jansen. Jansen had to defend 25 runs in the 20th over against Gujarat Titans. Rashid khan smashed him for 27 runs in one over and won the match. In the SA league Jansen returned the favor by hitting Rashid khan for 25 runs in one over.
It was between Nortje and Rashid though here

oooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Shamsi is a ridiculous bowler his tchu tchu train is lol

Lol at that review dayum son thats out

Wow. Looks like the afghans imploded. Year of the Saffers I say!! Last I heard they did some African voodoo to get rid of the curse

That was a tough decision. Umps usually don't favor borderline leg stump lbws

Saffers deserve this cup! I don’t like their batsmen but Rabada has been amazing to see

Afghan cricket board may sue WI cricket board for providing bad wickets for Semi-final…. It’s a “saajish” against Afghanistan team

Shamsi has had some great performances for South Africa.

He doesn't always get opportunities because Maharaj is first choice.
Argh he is like Jadeja kind, maybe I dont rate Jadeja , Ash in T20s , so I don’t rate Shamsi either

Now that's plumb!! Afghans playing like South Africans and SA playing like Australians. Whats going on?

Damn that was close too. 2 leg stump ump call decisions. That's rough

Rashid should be batting at no.4 with his skills, the old man always come in the end to play a cameo. Ridiculous.

Seems like this game is done and dusted. I was hoping for a close game at least unless Afghanistan pulls off some miracle and SA collapse.

Back