South Africa (60/1) thrash Afghanistan (56) by 9 wickets to advance to the final of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

I like how the Indian umpire is ensuring Afghanistan dont finish above India this world cup :afridi

As it is their scorecard looks pitiful. SA is going to nail this down in 6 or 7 overs. Why can't this umpire give them a chance. Giving marginal call against them.

Two marginal decisions clipping leg stump went against Afg. Normally, umpires don't give them out.

Australia probably would have been embarrassed on this up and down pitch. Ya would ahve made 120 may be. But their bowling is not as good as SA bowling.

This will be illingworths last game bcci going to send him packing
Actually as an Indian fan, if we make the finals, I'd be more comfortable facing SA. Against Afg, we'd be under more pressure. It might sound stupid to Pak fans considering their opinion that Afg roll over for India. But this is how I feel. I think a good number of Indians might agree with me.

Man disappointing to see Afghans implode but there is no one in the world that doesn't cheer for SA going to the final.

South africa is breaking hearts of millions of people along with Afghanistanis. Hahahha

Actually as an Indian fan, if we make the finals, I'd be more comfortable facing SA. Against Afg, we'd be under more pressure. It might sound stupid to Pak fans considering their opinion that Afg roll over for India. But this is how I feel. I think a good number of Indians might agree with me.

We won't make the final.

Completely scripted World Cup to ensure South Africa win a world cup and be indebted to their Indian masters :afridi

Atleast now if India makes the final South africa would give them tough time.

If pitch remains same in 2nd half and Afghanistan bowled tight line, then be ready to South African Zulu dance

Afghanistan can't go ahead with 1.5 batter in the team. This was bound to happen on such a pitch

History says afghans don’t even attempt to win v Ind

Assuming if we make it, what is the record of India against South Afriac. i only remember the 2007 match. Epic match. Rohit sharma's debut match where he made 50. India made 153. SA didn't even have to win. They just had to reach 126 to get to semi final. They ended with 116/9 in 20 overs lol

Game up!! Nerves got to the Afghans. They aren't this bad usually

First time Afghanis got exposed in conditions outside their comfort zone and they collapsed without any fight.

India cannot allow AFG to finish above them this world cup. SO their train stops today. :afridi

What an anti climax for Afg journey in this WC.

Very disappointing performance. They needed at least 100 runs to have a chance.

SA will finish this in 6 overs.

Pitch was perfect for Afghan bowling. They even won the toss. It was all in their favor but they got devoured.

120+ would have been interesting on this pitch.

This is a whooping.

Game will be over in 6 overs. Okay SA got an easy opposition. All stars align for them. if they botch it from here they are not winning an ICC event ever.

South African pace bit too much for afghans . Afghans mentally weren’t ready for this . They been Partying and overwhelmed with situation.

Not an easy surface to bat on. Congratulations to South Africa, 100-115 would have been challenging here. SA made the best use of the condition

Back