South Africa (60/1) thrash Afghanistan (56) by 9 wickets to advance to the final of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

fazalhaq farooqi became the record wicket taker in a single t20 wc edition with 17
something for afghans to take home at least

Not a single cricketing board raised objection. It is just the viewers talking about it. So it doesn't matter. What matters is consent from Cricketing boards.

It's about having an even playing field for all teams in ICC tournaments instead of some extra revenue. Didn't Starc complain in public about unfair super 8 grouping ? Nevermind, back to the game.

It's about having an even playing field for all teams in ICC tournaments instead of some extra revenue. Didn't Starc complain in public about super 8 grouping ? Nevermind, back to the game.

He has to take it up with cricketing board. It is incovenience for everyone including India. But they make a lot more millions probably with this set up. Not ideal. IT is what it is. Lot of cricketing boards need money. Not just big 3.

Why is everyone complaining about pitches now?

Group stages it was fine, but now magically , low scoring pitches are not T20 pitches.
Because this is semi final. Should have been much more batting friendly. Cannot have pitch with uneven bounce.

Not a fair contest between ball and bat. Surely wanted a SA win but a good contest

Why is everyone complaining about pitches now?

Group stages it was fine, but now magically , low scoring pitches are not T20 pitches.

Okay for group stage.

Knockouts should have better pitches.

I think some people are just checking scores (not watching the game).

T20 should have better pitches. Par score should be 150-160. That's the point of T20.

110-120 pitch shouldn't be used for a semi-final or final.
What lol? Is this logical reasoning?
Fans just want sixes and fours. Such standard now a days. I feel lucky i am old school.

this one should have been in SA logically
One of the reason WI became a crappy international team due to change in nature of these pitches. I remember Bumrah destroyed WI line up twice in test match. once he took 5 for 7 in his opening burst.

Because this is semi final. Should have been much more batting friendly. Cannot have pitch with uneven bounce.
Throughout the tournament teams have been playing on these kind of surfaces and many posters have been calling this one of the best T20 WC ever, so why start complaining now? Pitches won’t magically change overnight? This was another typical 115-120 run pitch.

Throughout the tournament teams have been playing on these kind of surfaces and many posters have been calling this one of the best T20 WC ever, so why start complaining now? Pitches won’t magically change overnight? This was another typical 115-120 run pitch.
Not because of the pitches lol But because of the thrilling finishes. I never liked the pitches from the outset.

They have fans? lol WC 2022 had so many matches with empty stadium. Only Indian matches had crowd.
89000 for INdia vs Pakistan, 87000 for INdia vs Zimbabwe.
Yep. Also this isn't specific to.cricket or India. Olympic swimming and Gymnastics timings are always aligned based on US prime time schedule. It's been the case for decades. Thr market dictates the favors. Favors are made to make money.

One of the reason WI became a crappy international team due to change in nature of these pitches. I remember Bumrah destroyed WI line up twice in test match. once he took 5 for 7 in his opening burst.
t20 wc in Eng would have been blockbuster too. they hosted it in 2009 last time. there was case for it

Smith has called it finally "THis is not a T20 pitch" Absolutely terrible, garbage pitch.
Indians should be the last ones complaining about dodgy pitches.. remember Cwc 23 semi pitch was changed last minute to favour India. Against the wishes of icc

Indians should be the last ones complaining about dodgy pitches.. remember Cwc 23 semi pitch was changed last minute to favour India.
They were all good batting pitches. Nothing was 100 all out pitch. Smith is not an Indian.

Because of these pitches Pakistan and New Zealand eliminated so early. Such a poor tournament for the fans.

Today's script was poorly written. Saffers were supposed to win a thriller :cautious:

This is an anti climax

That's an outdated mindset in T20. That's the Rizwan-Babar strategy.

Top teams smash from ball 1.
On this type of pitch????????
You cannot smash from ball 1
You shouldnt smash from ball 1
Damn fake leagues destroyed the game.

If you don’t apply yourself you get these kind of matches. Saf has gotten used to the pitch and are playing fine now.
An elite international team like Australia struggled for 14 overs against Oman, SA struggled againsst most teams even minnows like Nepal.

I still have another 40 posts to go. This match would be over before that. :dw

I don't think this pitch is good but overall the pitches were great. That gave a fighting chance to smaller teams to a certain extent. This is a bowlers tournament for the most part

Aussies fans are present. It seems like they bought tickets for semi thinking Aussies would qualify.

Afghans ruined their plan.

An elite international team like Australia struggled for 14 overs against Oman, SA struggled againsst most teams even minnows like Nepal.
I’m not sure what your point is? Do I prefer these kind of pitches? No, but all the matches have been played throughout on these type of pitches and you lot have been jumping up and down and calling it the best T20 world up ever. Why did you guys not complain about the pitches before and how top teams are struggling? You were so happy about low scoring thrillers before.

Back