South Africa (60/1) thrash Afghanistan (56) by 9 wickets to advance to the final of ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Wha
South African pace bit too much for afghans . Afghans mentally weren’t ready for this . They been Partying and overwhelmed with situation.
They should have given 2 full days break. This is crazy scheduling. The gave too much time in the first bogus round between matches. But in the business end hardly any break between matches.

Was never in doubt SA not winning this one.

So this will be first time ever SA reaching a point final. Really want SA to win a cricket world cup!

Knowing SA history don’t be surprised if this goes to a super over !!

South Africa should send a "thank you" message to Bangladesh. LOL.

They could've been facing Aussies tonight had Bangladesh not messed it up.
I wanted that. I have SA as my 3rd fav time, want SA to win the t20 wc. So BD losing has helped SA or else Australia would’ve knocked them out!

What a day for Afghanistan to record their lowest ever T20 total - in a first appearance at a T20 World Cup semi final.

The most comprehensive annihilation I;ve ever seen in any cricket World Cup format in a knock out match. That was brutal.

At the end of the day Afghanistan can be proud of their achievements overall in this World Cup - but on this day they came up against the pace machine of SAF and did not stand a chance at all.

My highlight so far was - Rabada's dismissal of Nabi - and the cartwheeling of the off stump - so beautiful.

Somehow everyone thought Afghans will bring their A game today like the Pakistanis do in semis. Too tense. Terrible strokes exposing wickets and sweeping Shamsi

Afghan batting been good this tournament but last few games its been exposed. They still need to improve batting hugely. Afg bowling is good only thing they lack is a tall fast bowler!

I wanted that. I have SA as my 3rd fav time, want SA to win the t20 wc. So BD losing has helped SA or else Australia would’ve knocked them out!

I remember I was supporting South Africa in 1998 CT final.

I may support South Africa in final here also.

I wonder who SA fans would rather face in the final - Eng or Ind ?

USA Bangladesh Afghanistan & Haris Rauf really de valued this tournament

Happy for south Africa finally they made it to last 2 . Can they lift the trophy

USA Bangladesh Afghanistan & Haris Rauf really de valued this tournament

Afghanistan and Bangladesh qualified fair and square. They beat NZ and SL respectively. BD also knocked out SL from CT 2025 (by beating them in 2023 WC).

USA got 1 point due to rain which knocked Pakistan out. USA's one was a bit fluke perhaps.

Those incoming deliveries from.Rabada. Just unplayable at that pace

Without their captain USA batted far better against SA than these guys. USA batting and Afghanistan bowling would have been a good combo.

Afghanistan and Bangladesh qualified fair and square. They beat NZ and SL respectively. BD also knocked out SL from CT 2025 (by beating them in 2023 WC).

USA got 1 point due to rain which knocked Pakistan out. USA's one was a bit fluke perhaps.
10 times out of 10 minnows don’t do themselves justice once they get through 1st round they just become whipping boys !

I wonder who SA fans would rather face in the final - Eng or Ind ?
Im.sure they like to.face England but logically speaking SA vs Ind will be thr battle of the chokers in knock outs. The ebbs and flows of the game will be unbelievable.

10 times out of 10 minnows don’t do themselves justice once they get through 1st round they just become whipping boys !

It is the job of main teams to prevent upsets (by playing well). If they lose and get knocked out, what can be done?

By the way, don't think SL is a main team anymore.

Going forward Afghanistan has to solidify their middle order. It cannot be Gurbaaz or bust every single time. Down the line Gurbaaz will feel the pinch and start choking.

What a ball. Between the two sides Naveen bowled the best lol Sadly he is bowling to SA not Afghans

Beautiful bowling. Even 80 would have been a very fighting score

Rabada, Nortje, Jansen all bowled just straight with hardly any movement like Naveen. Their timidity buried them.

Bangladesh have large hearts :afridi
What can I say..we are saints!..see we are gone from the tournament and never in any contention of winning it but you guys can't stop talking about us😁

Some one even digged up the name we were called 54 yeas ago

One team shouldn't be given preferred choice of venue.
It's just crying for no reason. India had the toughest pitches in the entire world cup so far on that NYC minefield. Knowing where India plays helps with travel of the fans. These are island countries. No country has as many fans as India traveling to games.its for logistical purpose

What can I say..we are saints!..see we are gone from the tournament and never in any contention of winning it but you guys can't stop talking about us😁

Some one even digged up the name we were called 54 yeas ago
:afridi We love you guys.

Saffers meanwhile are chasing this with Authoritaaaa!

One team shouldn't be given preferred choice of venue.
It is not team. It is the team audience. Nothing to do with Indian team. Indians play all day games because of the audience. I am sure they would prefer D/N game.

It's just crying for no reason. India had the toughest pitches in the entire world cup so far on that NYC minefield. Knowing where India plays helps with travel of the fans. These island countries. No country has as many fans as India traveling to games.its for logistical purpose

That's not an excuse. Taking care of one country's fans should not be the ICC priority.

booooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It is not team. It is the team audience. Nothing to do with Indian team. Indians play all day games because of the audience. I am sure they would prefer D/N game.

India should play night games too, unfair on other teams. ICC too greedy for money.

This T20 being played on a test match pitch a disgrace. Ball moving so much.

That's not an excuse. Taking care of one country's fans should not be the ICC priority.
It is. This is the only country that performs consistently and keeps the game interesting for it's fans. It's the country that generates around 70 percent of the revenue. It's fans are keeping the game viable. So, ICC catering for.those fans is just returning the favor.

Not a single cricketing board raised objection. It is just the viewers talking about it. So it doesn't matter. What matters is consent from Cricketing boards.

It is. This is the only country that performs consistently and keeps the game interesting for it's fans. It's the country that generates around 70 percent of the revenue. It's fans are keeping the game viable. So, ICC catering for.those fans is just returning the favor.

By that logic, Aussie fans should get similar treatments. They have won World Cups 8 times.

Markram is that kind of a batsman that looks organized and compact in his demeanor but his shot selection is terrible

Back