Status
Not open for further replies.

WebGuru

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
SA have also won the toss and are batting

South Africa
HM Amla, Q de Kock, AB de Villiers†, JP Duminy, F du Plessis, D Elgar, M Morkel, WD Parnell, VD Philander, GC Smith*, DW Steyn

Australia
MJ Clarke*, AJ Doolan, BJ Haddin†, RJ Harris, MG Johnson, NM Lyon, SE Marsh, CJL Rogers, PM Siddle, SPD Smith, DA Warner

Last edited:
Alviro is out with gastro. Dean Elgar will open. De Kock will debut, and Parnell will replace McLaren

Last edited:
S.A need to play out Johnsons first two spells with minimal damage. Then we'll see the Aussie "plan B" if it exists.

10.15am Lights are coming on already. It is an overcast day

Ballsy move by SA to bat first but I don't think it's the right call. Again!

I think South Africa elected to bat first because Philander is still not 100% fit otherwise i dont see any logic behind electing to bat first one a Green pitch with overcast conditions .

wasnt going to watch but found out the baby faced assassin making his debut. It will be fun watching him against mitch.

I think South Africa elected to bat first because Philander is still not 100% fit otherwise i dont see any logic behind electing to bat first one a Green pitch with overcast conditions .

Yeah that might be the case. Still I reckon they should have put Aus in given the pitch and conditions.

Yeah that might be the case. Still I reckon they should have put Aus in given the pitch and conditions.

yes that would mean damaging philander and going out with him in 3rd test. So they thought to take low risk

Anyone remember Nasir Hussain epic decision of fielding first in 2002 Ashes? That decision turned out to be the worst in cricket history!

Engarrlaand would have got flogged anyhow :))

Dean Elgar looking in hurry. He is coming to play a Test after playing a T20 tournament

Wickets looks to be a bit on the slow side?

So far johno isn't looking threatening maybe its because pitch is slow or he is still charging

Vitally important that Smith gets through this early stage and scores big for S.A

S.A 8/0

Have you read any of the build ups ?

The Aussie media and players have said nothing resembling that.

Huh?
Listening to the foxtel blokes the South Africans are going to beat us by two innings

Good call to bad first the pitch will get low and slow with lots off uneven bounce. Smith out lol

Rhino was always going to be the big danger on this wicket

Amla in and needs some runs.

Elgar still not off the mark..

Disappointing start from SA here on this wicket.

It funny that south africa pick no spinner. Shuan von berg best leg spinner in south africa and no one talks about him.

It funny that south africa pick no spinner. Shuan von berg best leg spinner in south africa and no one talks about him.

Counting on Duminy to bowl a few I suppose.

And he can bat too. Averaging 30+ in first class scored 3 centuries and 12 fifties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back