South Africa v India | 1st ODI | Johannesburg | 5th Nov, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
SA should try to get 5-6 runs for the next 7-8 overs and then go for 100 runs in last 10 overs.

kallis needs to retire for good .

at 150-1 after 31 overs he's letting delivery after delivery go through to the keeper without offering a shot. WHY? why would anybody who understands anything do that. its just dumb.

Kallis gone. Should never have been sent in during the powerplay. Terrible captaincy there.

As great as Kallis is he doesn't fit into the current team with Amla already there to anchor the innings.

actually he fits in perfectly. South Africa have struggled to bat out 50 overs. Kallis and Amla (who can be aggressive too) ensure that on their own. What SA need now is another AB esque player. Beside AB himself. de Kock is quite aggressive and can ensure flying starts, but is still too young. I hope Miller can be a consistent finisher down the end.
Only Smith does not fit in with the current make up of the ODI team.

Kallis is out so now AB can up the score rate a bit.

Here comes ABCD to destroy India. Expect 400 on the cards

Only bowler who looked to get wicket. Spinners are a huge huge disappointment!

actually he fits in perfectly. South Africa have struggled to bat out 50 overs. Kallis and Amla (who can be aggressive too) ensure that on their own. What SA need now is another AB esque player. Beside AB himself. de Kock is quite aggressive and can ensure flying starts, but is still too young. I hope Miller can be a consistent finisher down the end.
Only Smith does not fit in with the current make up of the ODI team.
Against teams like India he is a liability.

He could be useful against better bowling attacks though.

Last edited:
I like Shami, he is a good bowler, good seam release and pace. He also has a good control. India should persist with him in test as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

140+ pace with control is all what is needed in SOuth Africa. Sadly we have only 1!

AB does not need to be over the top here. Bide your time. You are good enough to make up for it later on

kallis needs to retire for good .

at 150-1 after 31 overs he's letting delivery after delivery go through to the keeper without offering a shot. WHY? why would anybody who understands anything do that. its just dumb.

Misbah also does that on a regular basis.

Mohit is just another trundler in the long list of trundlers we have produced :faceplam:

De Kock youngsta beauty gets his second ton against another subcontinent team

What are people mouthing off about? Kallis has a strike rate of 82+ since 2008. Whats the farce about?

Good inning by De Kock. He is very young and can improve form here on.

These to will get things going for SA.

Rate is over 5. These two will push it to 6 - 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back