South Africa v India | 1st ODI | Johannesburg | 5th Nov, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of Indian fans would be happy if we didn't lose by a large margin!!

Well SA have played well here. This is not your regular ODI belter. There is a bit of grass (nothing to make too much noise about though). Under flood lights the ball will skid through a bit quicker.

Anyone expecting a 438 like game is living in lulu land with zero knowledge of South African conditions.

This.

Anything above 270 and SA will win.

One of the opener needs to capitalize on this very good start. There is no point in scoring below 5 against this Indian bowling unit if you have 25 overs and 10 wickets left.

Kohli beast mode gets activitated only when we chase 300+,so i think that is the gameplan by :msd

Well SA have played well here. This is not your regular ODI belter. There is a bit of grass (nothing to make too much noise about though). Under flood lights the ball will skid through a bit quicker.

Anyone expecting a 438 like game is living in lulu land with zero knowledge of South African conditions.

These are the results of the last two matches that were Played at New Wanderers Stadium, whatever South Africa posts today will be dealt with ease :kohli

South Africa VS Srilanka
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/engine/match/514039.html

South Africa VS Pakistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/engine/match/567370.html

300 + in all matches, batting paradise.

Good batting from these two. Completely exposing our bowlers.. All we can hope for is a :kohli special..

Smith has no place in this side with de kock batting the way he is !

SA keeping wickets in hand for a final push in the last 10

Should send in Miller next. Will be back in form and scores at a quick rate

No wickets down, high altitude etc SA could seriously pump 160-170 in the last 20 and set India 320 here.

Chasing 300 on Indian pancakes is totaly different to doing it in SA. This Kholi thing is getting a bit overrated as well i should add

SA 100 Runs in SA:
1st ODI vs Pak: 100/4 in 23.2 Overs
2nd ODI vs Pak: 100/2 in 22.4 Overs
3rd ODI vs Pak: 100/4 in 21.5 Overs
TODAY:
1st ODI vs Ind: 103/0 in 21.3 Overs

These are the results of the last two matches that were Played at New Wanderers Stadium, whatever South Africa posts today will be dealt with ease :kohli

South Africa VS Srilanka
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/engine/match/514039.html

South Africa VS Pakistan
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-india-2013-14/engine/match/567370.html

300 + in all matches, batting paradise.

If I recall correctly, where they both day games?

The ball will do something under lights here in the first 10-15 overs

Why not give rohit a go? Still remember his IPL stint where he was referred as "boy with the golden arm"

Amla wants to be unbeaten at stumps

ABD or Miller should be next, if ever these batsman gets out that is :D

Miller will go great guns against this attack, India don't have any bowlers in the middle to tie things down like Pakistan did.

who is the commie saying Ind v Aus good pitches ????

Lol. What the...

Indian attack is just so girlish.

I think Indian women would have a better chance of picking up a wicket than these people...

SA 100 Runs in SA:
1st ODI vs Pak: 100/4 in 23.2 Overs
2nd ODI vs Pak: 100/2 in 22.4 Overs
3rd ODI vs Pak: 100/4 in 21.5 Overs
TODAY:
1st ODI vs Ind: 103/0 in 21.3 Overs
so the run rate has not been a problem. Its been keeping wickets in hand thats been the problem?

I think facing such an attack throught the year will make them better in the long run. Especialy de Kock, international cricket does not start any tougher than that for a youngster.

I love how people bring up Hobart and specifically mention Australia and not the opposition :))

Lol. What the...

Indian attack is just so girlish.

I think Indian women would have a better chance of picking up a wicket than these people...

Pakistan too should consider a couple of Indian women for ICC events... Would be better choice than usual TTFs. :yk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back