South Africa vs Pakistan | 2nd ODI | Centurion | 15/3/13 | South Africa innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ajmal should be bowling instead of Lala.

Ajmal was taken off bcz misbah wants this to go to the 50 over....... this is normal play... ajmal comes in does 3 overs and is taken off the attack till power play.

So Robbie can be hafeez bunny too

Hopefully.

so he got a solid case for his placement in at least the ODI team but in t20 i don't think he can ever replace Duminy.

Yep this pressure knock must really lite up the ODI resume.

If they bat 50 overs, they will have 300. We need to get them out for 150 or less to give our senior batsmen a chance to win this game.

Afrid and Gul are the weak links in this bowling lineup. And yet they seem undroppable. Afridi makes a comeback for I dont know what

Farhaan is better than our middle order, knows how to keep it ticking rather than tucking!!!!!

This strategy of taking off Ajmal after 4-5 overs is what cost us the series against Australia in UAE last year when he was on song and running through Aus batting. :facepalm:

Afrid and Gul are the weak links in this bowling lineup. And yet they seem undroppable. Afridi makes a comeback for I dont know what

Can you explain why you use IN flag? i know you are from PK

This strategy of taking off Ajmal after 4-5 overs is what cost us the series against Australia in UAE last year when he was on song and running through Aus batting

Yep and now farhan is rotating the strike with an odd boundry and soo peterson will pull of another second test knock.

Farhaan is better than our middle order, knows how keep it ticking rather than tucking!!!!!

Exactly.... hits when he hits and rotates when the needs come for it...

They are playing the spinners quite comfortably. Time for a change in the bowling. Either bring in Junaid or Ifran for a quick two overs burst.

See the rotation of strike i am feeling so embarrassed again somebody tell me what can i do to get out of this embarrassment ? Maybe i should think that its Pak batting not SA?

should bring junaid or irfan dont let them go away with it

Pak would have been better off having Hammad Azam in place of Afridi

Or have umer akmal and have younis do pace bowling.... :p :p

they reached 130 come on.;.... this is pathetic.

Afridi has no drift whatsoever, his bowling is cooked big time.

Almost every ball seems to be yielding a run. No pressure on these two so far. We are playing four spinners on this game.

RP and Farhaan doing a brilliant job rotating the strike, misbah and co. should learn from them

If SAF's get to 220 Game set and match.

Misbah needs to bring on a fast bowler to keep the pressure on. Singles being taken with ease

Pak giving away easy singles.

If Saffers can score over 170, they have a chance in this ODI.

Chance????? they will win... the moment they cross 150 i doubt this will be chased.

pollock mentioning afridi was upset with irfan running in field... afridi needs to look at himself

This is why Misbah will always remain a mediocre player and captain. Just doesn't have it in him to read game situation.

And now Umar is on to field for Irfan. Poor guy is reduced to being a bench scrub. :facepalm:

Junaid needs to come in now and ajmal also

Misbah is thinking... these both are going 4 an over so they are putting pressure but the reality is the pressure is already there and they are relieving it by giving away easy singles.

They've lost the wickets but not the RR ! Expect them to get somewhere between 220-250

Now with Irfan injured ,,, u can expect pak to bowl the spinner until the 35th over,,

and let saffer add up another 50 runs easily

irfan leaving the field holding his right hamstring
That would be a shame. He is totally unfit to play international cricket if he keeps on getting injured like that. Let's hope, it's not something bad. He looks like a bright prospect. Only if he could stay healthy. Junaid hasn't looked very good in this tour. I was expecting him to really take off from this series after the way he performed in India.

Last edited:
If SAF's get to 220 Game set and match.

Misbah needs to bring on a fast bowler to keep the pressure on. Singles being taken with ease

We struggle to chase 220+ in UAE/Sub-continent, how will we do it in SA? 180+ will be enough to beat us.

wy does misbha think this match will go to the last ball... he shoudl have brought his best to choke them... poor defensive captaincy at its best

Storms coming in... Even the sky transmission is lost... So we go into Sunday still one nil down.

pollock mentioning afridi was upset with irfan running in field... afridi needs to look at himself

I recall when Afridi was captain and Irfan played for the first time in England and had numerous misfields stating 'I don't like this guy' in the post match statement!

Bring on Junaid and tell him to bowl all 6 balls yorker s who ever the batsmen is.

Huge problem for pak is that Gul is bowlin rubbish

Easy singles on offer. Good batting by these two and poor tactics from Pakistan.

Rain seems not so far now...All our efforts seems to be going wasted

need some aggressive captaincy like most have said.... bring in Ajmal. try to get them all out now rather than letting them score 40 runs in next 10 overs off Hafeez & Afridi. At this stage, RSA will gladly take that.

Unfortunately, we probably wont see any change until over 35.

I recall when Afridi was captain and Irfan played for the first time in England and had numerous misfields stating 'I don't like this guy' in the post match statement!

Irfan just took more wickets in this match then afridi in his last 5 matches combined.

Bad captaincy and im surprised Dave doesn't cry about this negative cricket while batting and bowling and fielding,

Pictures are back on sky

need some aggressive captaincy like most have said.... bring in Ajmal. try to get them all out now rather than letting them score 40 runs in next 10 overs off Hafeez & Afridi. At this stage, RSA will gladly take that.

Unfortunately, we probably wont see any change until over 35.

Ridiculous suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back