South Africa vs Pakistan | 3rd Test | Centurion | 22/2/13 | Day 1

Watsupdoc

Test Star
Runs
Match about to start in about 30 minutes. Looks like a pretty flat pitch.

Imran Farhat in. :facepalm:

I suppose it's nice to see Ehsan Adil getting a shot.

Ehsan Adil, Rahat Ali and Mohammad Irfan. Our pacers. A lot of inexperience there.
and Damaad ji back in for Nasir.

3 changes .. nice to see ehsan adil to debut , rahat also got chance again , :farhat
lets c wht ehsan adil actually is

Three changes to the side. Nasir Jamshed, Umar Gul and Tanvir Ahmed are not playing. Imran Farhat, Ehsan Adil and Rahat Ali are playing.

Nasir Jamshed decision I don't agree with.

that ruins his confidence.

What did Hafeez do to cement his spot as opener ?

only faisal iqbal and abdur rehman didnt get match ...
rehman should have played

No Khan, this is going to be painful pakistanis. Nasir Jamshed should of never been dropped there selections have been off this whole series almost gifting the series on a plate to the SA's.

Last edited:
Ehsan going to take 4 wickets in first Inning
Out swinger,Out swinger and than Inswinger

Pakistan XI - Hafeez, Farhat, Azhar, Younis, Misbah, Shafiq, Ehsan Adil, Sarfraz Ahmed, Rahat Ali, Saeed Ajmal & Mohammad Irfan.

I m glad Rahat Ali gets another chance good to see Misbah showing some confidence on youngsters :amir

why the hell would they drop jamshed for the extremely useless farhat , hes like a walking wicket. might as well start from 1 wicket down

Nasir deserved the whole series, whats the point of putting farhat in his first game without any practice?

sad haris sohail had to get injured, would like to of seen him bat

Last edited:
why the hell would they drop jamshed for the extremely useless farhat , hes like a walking wicket. might as well start from 1 wicket down

Lol and they retained Hafeez, who if possible, is looking even more awful !

Why the hell would they drop tanveer ahmed. The man who scored 44 runs and bowled beautifully and economically.
:banghead:

Rubbish team ... Whatmore is a clueless hack .. we've gone nowhere but down under him !

Now i am quite sure we are going to lose this Test.
We are playing with 4 Batsmen and 2 Bowlers.

Why the hell would they drop tanveer ahmed. The man who scored 44 runs and bowled beautifully and economically.

So tell me, how old were you when you fell out of your cot and suffered that head injury ?

5 excruciating overs of half volleys and 2 feet no balls and going for an economical 34 runs (6.8/over) :))

Ehsan seems to be in the Philander-style mould, hope he does well!

Last edited:
So Multan and KRL team mates Rahat and IRfan playing together, best of luck to them

A debut-series-attack we got here. This can go either way. They might bundle out SA cheaply or they might toil all day long with no or few wickets.
But very interesting:)

Really looking forward to see Ehsan Adil. Hasham must be really happy?

A debut-series-attack we got here. This can go either way. They might bundle out SA cheaply or they might toil all day long with no or few wickets.

As if we were any different with Gul's experience.:danish

Get out of here! What an idiotic wish. Once a player is picked to represent Pakistan, you have to back him if you are a true fan of Pakistan cricket.

That he never should have been in the squad, I agree on, but once he is here you have to support him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imran Farhat and Rahat Ali are playing. My favourite players. Great selection.

South Africa will be thinking of aborting this match.Surely, Sir Imran Farhat will show Steyn his rightful place. A triple ton, you heard here first folks.

Can we realy get behind Imran Farhat and hope for him to suceed.

Enough of the bad press, and evel eyes. He is playing, lets wish him luck.

As for Eshan Adil, he has a dodgy action.

Think people are underestimating damaad..i think he can get some quickfite runs if he concentrates..as for ehsan all ill say is good luck..rahat will be lucky to get a wicket..will be upto ajmal again..

Guys - pls dont make fun of Farhat's name - we will delete any such posts

No Ehsan will prove himself
he will take 4 wickets today

Ok Irfan, no no-balls please. Good luck

Rahat Ali is going to get 2 games on pace friendly pitches of SAF. If he cannot make an impression than he will be out of international scene for 2 years or so.

Look at Sohail Khan got one test on dead pitch and never saw another test.

why imran farhat over nasir???? very disappointing...

happy with bowling attack, Gul needed a kick in the butt. hopefully dropping him is a wake up call.

but first over, pace does not seem as pacy? did anybody listen to early commentary? is this going to be a spinning track at all?

Happy.. to Ehasan plying.. BUt why the hell FArHath Bradman....????..why are'nt those fools giving a long run to Nasir Jamshed.. Tht Guy played a well 45 in 2nd test... If so then they shouldnt have played Duckafeez..! He too was really bad with the bat

Can we realy get behind Imran Farhat and hope for him to suceed.

Enough of the bad press, and evel eyes. He is playing, lets wish him luck.

As for Eshan Adil, he has a dodgy action.

dont make silly allegations like that.

Is this the least experience pace attack any test team has every fielded after playing 20 tests or so?

Only 1 test under the belt.

nasir not been performing anyways why this favoritism lets give farhat a chance and see what he can do

Keen to see how Kyle Abbott goes, averaged 15 with the ball this past domestic season.

Afraid nothing threatening from Pakistan yet

Back