Sri Lanka beat India by 63 runs to win the first Test in Galle

Sakss

Test Debutant
Runs
Sri Lanka Squad
AD Mathews*, HDRL Thirimanne, PVD Chameera, LD Chandimal†, N Pradeep, MVT Fernando, HMRKB Herath, FDM Karunaratne, PHT Kaushal, J Mubarak, MDK Perera, MDKJ Perera, KTGD Prasad, KC Sangakkara, JK Silva†, WU Tharanga

India Squad
V Kohli*, VR Aaron, R Ashwin, S Dhawan, Harbhajan Singh, B Kumar, A Mishra, CA Pujara, AM Rahane, KL Rahul, WP Saha†, I Sharma, RG Sharma, M Vijay, UT Yadav

Never mind
Found it

Sony TV Asia it anyone is interested

Indian should have played Pujara ahead of Saha and asked Rahul to keep.. May cost us the game. Batting too thin!

Indian should have played Pujara ahead of Saha and asked Rahul to keep.. May cost us the game. Batting too thin!

No. India should have asked Pujara to play ahead of Rohit.

Pujara succeeded in both innings of tour game and was MADE to retire out in the 2nd innings and then got dropped.

Rahul isn't a full time keeper.

Compromise on keeper for test matches can cost you series.

Have to put it with Saha for now cos he is a genuine keeper.

Probably the only thing SL win.

If it doesn't rain, there 'll be result - my money is SRL. With 5 bowlers & without MS, IND's last 5 wickets are Ashwin, Bhajji, Ishant, Mishra & Aron - they have kept Rohit & Saha is the WK. Last 2 days 'll be Friday & SAT - 'll definitely enjoy watching, IND chasing anything over 200.......

If it doesn't rain, there 'll be result - my money is SRL. With 5 bowlers & without MS, IND's last 5 wickets are Ashwin, Bhajji, Ishant, Mishra & Aron - they have kept Rohit & Saha is the WK. Last 2 days 'll be Friday & SAT - 'll definitely enjoy watching, IND chasing anything over 200.......

I don't know, SL batting isn't good enough for me.

Good to see our own Yasir making an impact on indian team selection

Virat Kohli: "Looks like a pretty hard wicket, surprising considering it has been under covers for two days. Three spinners here. (From) whatever videos we saw, of Yasir Shah taking wickets here."

I don't know, SL batting isn't good enough for me.

Still they won a Test against a very good Test side (PAK), without much from Sanga. I think, IND picked the team watching the wicket & not much considering the consequence of losing the toss. If the pacers don't make significant dent, spinners 'll come in to play by the time probably SRL is 150 for 2/3 - I think, any team scoring 600+ in this match 'll win. SRL, should put 350+ in 1st innings.......

There is a bit of spongy bounce, normally on dry surface, this becomes uneven & two paced. If it doesn't rain, the match might not go the day 4.

SRL's RR of 2.5 after 6 overs (15/0) must be annoying someone........... compared to 29/6 by the Aussies after 6......

I've been waiting to just watch the man :sanga bat and they send in someone else at 3 :facepalm:

Off I go

Redemption for Dhawan.. you can see from the way he's celebrating.. Luckily didn't cost much!

Time for some classy cover drives.. welcome the legend

IND opening bowlers are using the new ball well.

Now gives away a 4 to make sure others don't feel too blown away his aura.

Whattay team man.

Respect.

Not sure why India feel the need to play an extra bowler ? Just weakens the batting.

Like the look of new ashwin, ready to flight the ball and looking to turn it from off stump, not relying on carrom ball , rather on off spin with changes like arm ball and under cut.

Ashwin almost had Matthews there. Captain needs to be patient. He is the key to the SL innings now.

India need to work hard on fielding and take catches considering the amount of IPL we play catching is kinda shabby atleast Rahane caught this one.

damn Sri Lnka in big trouble

SL in trouble but Indian batting is not at its best either. Dhawan & Rohit are unreliable. Rahul looked solid, but is quite new to international cricket, wouldn't have faced any good spinner in FC. Kohli seems to be horribly out of form. Saha hasnt proved himself as a batsman yet. Rahane is the only saviour.

Herath, Kaushal could very well run through this line-up. May produce a low scoring match for all we know.

Last edited:
SL in trouble but Indian batting is not at its best either. Dhawan & Rohit are unreliable. Rahul looked solid, but is quite new to international cricket, wouldn't have faced any good spinner in FC. Kohli seems to be horribly out of form. Saha hasnt proved himself as a batsman yet. Rahane is the only saviour.

Herath, Kaushal could very well run through this line-up. May produce a low scoring match for all we know.

SL bowling is pretty terrible too and Im sure Indian batsmen have done their work on one hit wonder Kaushal

Back