Sri Lanka v Pakistan| 2nd Test - Day 2 | Colombo | 13/07/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
MASHALLAH ..Fawad Alam has done us all very proud. What a innings under pressure, he kept rotating the strike and picked the singles, twos and threes consistently with the odd boundary. He showed great temperamemt and technique to battle hard to spring a century on debut. What a start ! This boy is here to stay now in all formats of the game INSHALLAH.

I hope salman butt and others like malik and misbah who are out of form take inspiration from fawad's performance.

His footwork was excellent, Keep it up !

I think thats where the other batsmen are missing the plot, they are not rotating the strike.And that allows the bowler to work them out.

Fawad today rotated the strike and that was the trademark of his innings.

Fawad showed exactly how an opener should bat in test cricket, his each stroke was well checked. He played his natural game,no tentativeness ane no half hearted strokes. His long stride at times down the wicket was proactive and aggressive approach to dangerous deliveries at full,good and back of length balls by fast and spin lankan bowlers.

I think most of us forgot to give Khurram manzoor credit for putting up a much needed fine opening partnership which set up strong foundation pakistan batsmen.

Bilsher007 said:
Fawad showed exactly how an opener should bat in test cricket, his each stroke was well checked. He played his natural game,no tentativeness ane no half hearted strokes. His long stride at times down the wicket was proactive and aggressive approach to dangerous deliveries at full,good and back of length balls by fast and spin lankan bowlers.

I think most of us forgot to give Khurram manzoor credit for putting up a much needed fine opening partnership which set up strong foundation pakistan batsmen.

Yes.. After such a long time, we got a good opening stand.. Khurram could have gone on to bat longer..Hopefully, his 38 runs would have given him much needed confidence.

I said before,kHurram played today really well,left hell lot of deliveries,and played only those which on the wicket and didnt even drive the ball.

Yes your right Afridi_fan, unfortunately most of the batsmen with exception of younis and now fawad don't rotate the strike as regularly as they should and can. Australian, South African, Indian and sri Lankan batsmen are known to regularly rotate the strike and that's one of their major strengths. Pakistani batsmen must make it a habit from now on.

I hope and it's my sincere dua tha fawad goes on to get double century and younis get a much needed big century too. Ideally pakistan must bat untill 4th day

Fawad is still a Lower middle order batsman but hey HE'S MAKING SOME VALUABLE RUNS as A PAKISTANI OPENER!!!!!!!!!!!As long he makes runs I ain't complaining.

Ideally pakistan must bat untill 4th day afternoon session. INSHALLAH set a target of 350 to 400 ideally to bat lankans out of match and give our bowlers 4 sessions to bowl out Sri Lanka to Win the Test match INSHALLAH. We are hungry for test win !.

Remaining batsmen yousuf, Misbah, Malik and Akmal who are all great potentially need to contribute solidly when they are given opportunity. But first i would like to see a fawad get double and younis a big century INSHALLAH.

It would have been great had...

It would have been great had manzoor after fine start had converted the well grafted 38 into a bigger score but i am sure he will learn quickly provided he's focused and determined enough.

What do you think fellas a target of 350 or 400 is what Pakistan should aim for or 450 ?

Bilsher007 said:
It would have been great had manzoor after fine start had converted the well grafted 38 into a bigger score but i am sure he will learn quickly provided he's focused and determined enough.

What do you think fellas a target of 350 or 400 is what Pakistan should aim for or 450 ?

A lead of 300 would be very good, but I think 250 could be sufficient depending on how the pitch behaves tomorrow. We'll have to see. Need to remember it's the third day of the match tomorrow, and it will probably break somewhere towards the end of the fourth. Need to bat as long as possible and score as much as possible, simple as that

This is how the betting odds fluctuated as the match went on.

1. Pakistan 14/0 second innings
Sri Lanka 2/9 = 0.818
Pakistan 3/1 = 0.25
Draw 16/1 = 0.059
Total = 1.127

Normalized
SL = 0.726
P = 0.222
D = 0.052

2. At tea 61/0
Sri Lanka 8/13 = 0.619
Pakistan 6/4 = 0.4