Sri Lanka v Pakistan | 4th ODI | Dambulla | 07/08/2009 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geordie Ahmed said:
I can more than understand him being nervous, thats fair enough BUT the way he got out is something he has been doing for years - if he doesnt cut out the daft shots he wont be in the side for much longer regardless of how quickly he scores his 20 runs

Geordie, I personally think them "daft" shots are part of his game. On some days, he's going to get fours and sixes galore with them shots. On other days he's going to get out to them. You have to take the rough with the smooth with Nazir. Personally I think, it's better to take a chance with someone like Nazir, give him lots of confidence, tell him to play his natural game and he will perform well.

Akmal's played very well so far. He really needs to convert this one.

Afridi_Fan said:
You believe in what he says?

This guy just pisses me off ... i want to hear whats goin on but every time he comes on it makes me cringe

From the cricinfo commentary:

It's drinks. Zain gives a heads up from the UK: "For those of you in the UK/Leicester...boom boom Afridi will be in Leicester on the 21st August for a fund-rasing dinner, in aid of the the people in Swat valley, Pakistan!"

Thanks Zain.

Raz said:
Geordie, I personally think them "daft" shots are part of his game. On some days, he's going to get fours and sixes galore with them shots. On other days he's going to get out to them. You have to take the rough with the smooth with Nazir. Personally I think, it's better to take a chance with someone like Nazir, give him lots of confidence, tell him to play his natural game and he will perform well.
The problem is that it's a lot more rough than smooth. For example, in 75 innings he's had only 11 knocks of 50+

That's smooth 1 in every 7 innings. Surely we can do better.

Is this only his 3rd Odi fifty, strange. But he has 5 hundres so he may InshaAllah convert this to 6th ton

Now even commentaters taking up this point.

Congrats to Kamran Akmal - a quality knock from him, lets hope he can kick on and make it a big un

Juggernaut said:
Ramiz says we don't play spinners well .... What the ****? ... last time i looked it was just left arm spinners
Ramiz talking nonsense again we play spinners well it was only warne against whom we struggled but then again he only toured pakistan once 94 and Salim malik took liking of him but the reason he was able to dominate us was down to him being superior mentally.
On the other hand ppl like anwer malik Inzi and YK played murali really well.

Kami gets a 50 ... Well done Kamran ... next step a 100 ... did you see the sho t he played when he opened the face of the bat and edged it for four ... he has soo much talent but doesn't use all of it ... his innings shows how important it is for any batter to get a start ... its a shame he's only got a meaningful score when the series is over much like in the tests

Last edited:
Shahid Afridi looks like Tom Cruise, atleast did when the camera caugth him now

Sheikh said:
No, he was primarily selected as a bowler who could take advantage of the powerplays.

I'd rather Afridi open than Nazir, who's plays as a pure batsman and averages mid-20's.

I'd play Nazir in T-20's. Every single time.
He was selected as a bowler but ended up as an opner. just like nazir.

Raz said:

Well like others have pointed out he fails a heck of a lot more than he succeeds so either one of two things will need to happen, 1) He needs to change his game or 2) He will be dropped

I would stick with him and give him a run BUT if he messes up (as i suspect he will) then it should be bye bye and lets give someone else a chance

"No1 has figured me out yet-guy" to start his first spell.

Can someone change the Venue in the thread title to Colombo

My mistake...but can't believe it hasn't been fixed :D

If pak players can bat on this wicket then i think our bowlers are in for a difficult time.

This seems to be a very good track for batting. Any score less than 320 will be difficult for Pak to defend.

At least 350, good batting track pitch playing very well, sri lanka can chase 325 easily

Pakistan need to make sure they milk the bowling here and set platform for big hitters to come in later!

Akmal scores a fifty in a meaningless game once again to save his pitiful acareer

i wonder how many runs Moyo will give away in the field .... any way ....MISHbah is in

Misbah is playing well today, taking singles.

Still got plenty of batting to come in Umar Akmal, Afridi and Rana. These two need to keep going until at least the 35th over.

Both failures back in the pavilion!

Yousef gets out chealpy against proding at a wide ball, man i expected more from him what with his massive average.

NavSheikh786 said:
anyone wana place a bet on another batting collapse?
Yes, YK is right when he says that he can't win Pakistan the game with his own batting performance. it has to be a team work...

from 106/1 to 131/4, another mini-collapse, we are getting used to this now!

Shakil_pkcricket said:
Then what is he doing in the playing eleven...

U better ask younis and his management this question.

IAJ said:
from 106/1 to 131/4, another mini-collapse, we are getting used to this now!
I don't see this team winnings at international level...Imagine what will Austraillia, South Africa do to us when we face them in an ODI...

Well this is rubbish.

Misbah and Yousuf- seriously grow a pair or retire.

Pathetic batting giving away their wickets.

IAJ said:
U better ask younis and his management this question.
OUR Manager Yawar Saeed said that he have recovered from low sugar levels and is expected to play in the 4th ODI..

Shakil_pkcricket said:
Yes, YK is right when he says that he can't win Pakistan the game with his own batting performance. it has to be a team work...

Your right younis cant do it on his own.
I hope i am wrong and they dont collapse, but really we need a 300+ score here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back