Stallions (271/7) defeat Dolphins (97) comprehensively by 174 runs to register their second win of the Champions One-Day Cup 2024

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
xOtm2lE.png

The highly anticipated match between the Stallions and the Dolphins is set to be a thrilling encounter, with both teams having a lot at stake. Stallions, with a balanced record of one win and one loss from their two matches, currently hold 14 points and a slender but positive net run rate (NRR) of +0.070.

Dolphins are facing an uphill battle, having suffered defeats in both of their matches so far. With an NRR of -1.420 and no points to their name, they are desperate to get their season back on track

SQUADS:

DOLPHINS:
Saud Shakeel (captain), Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Mir Hamza, Mohammad Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Huraira, Muhammad Akhlaq, Muhammad Riazullah, Noman Ali, Qasim Akram, Sahibzada Farhan, Sameen Gul, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Sufiyan Moqim, Umar Amin and Usman Qadir

STALLIONS: Mohammad Haris (captain), Abrar Ahmed, Adil Amin, Babar Azam, Haris Rauf, Hussain Talat, Jahandad Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Amir Khan, Saad Khan, Shan Masood, Tayyab Tahir, Ubaid Shah, Yasir Khan and Zaman Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Last edited:
Very limited bowler , no pace no swing just awkward angle and that’s about it.
He is one of those guys who can easily play t20 or Odis. He has been in PCB's plans so why not give him a chance to make his case strong.

He is one of those guys who can easily play t20 or Odis. He has been in PCB's plans so why not give him a chance to make his case strong.
Only if he can increase his avg pace by 5k otherwise he will be harmless even in T20is because other than low trajectory angle he has nothing in his armory to trouble international batters , if he can consistently hit 145k and varies the pace then he can be successful.

Only if he can increase his avg pace by 5k otherwise he will be harmless even in T20is because other than low trajectory angle he has nothing in his armory to trouble international batters , if he can consistently hit 145k and varies the pace then he can be successful.
He is still a great death over bowler. can be utilized in T20s at least.

Hopefully both Ubaid and Riazullah will get a game today.
This tournament is for washed up players. It's criminal that some of the u19 players from the last batch haven't got an opportunity. The likes of Arafat Minhas and Ali Raza have the potential to play for Pakistan and be pretty good too.

Shadab has ensured Arafat Minhas doesn't get opportunities as he's a direct threat to him.

This tournament is for washed up players. It's criminal that some of the u19 players from the last batch haven't got an opportunity. The likes of Arafat Minhas and Ali Raza have the potential to play for Pakistan and be pretty good too.

Shadab has ensured Arafat Minhas doesn't get opportunities as he's a direct threat to him.
I also heard that Saad Baig (U19 WK) failed fitness test because he was injured trying to lift weights. Like what kind of a coaching staff makes young kids with underdeveloped or developing bodies to lift heavy weights? Are they going to play Cricket or Wrestling?

No chance for youngsters it seems , they must be real crap if none of the mentor is seeing anything in them.

So Sarfaraz and Umar Amin are playing for Sameen gul and Usman Qadir.

Dolphins chose to strengthen their batting today.

It's easy to see a talented youngsters by just observing him in the nets , if he is a bowler and clocking high speeds or moving the ball accurately or if he is a spinner and turns it big with good accuracy or if he is a batter and can negotiate high pace and bounce with movement and can play dominating shots ,such guys can easily turn selectors heads towards them.

I also heard that Saad Baig (U19 WK) failed fitness test because he was injured trying to lift weights. Like what kind of a coaching staff makes young kids with underdeveloped or developing bodies to lift heavy weights? Are they going to play Cricket or Wrestling?
Players have been lucky not to be seriously injured in so
Typical pakistani coaches for you. They have no clue about anything I am afraid.

I think if there is any above average talented youngsters then every mentor would want him in the playing XI and thus taking the credit of discovering him , I don't think there is any talented youngster which has been discovered otherwise he would have been in the playing XI.

Kind of expect international sportsmen to be lifting weights around 18/19. For example even at university teams you’ll see it. 17 might be a bit young. Though for my school and I expect others, some did start weight lifting at that age and teachers made it a priority to teach us how to do it at that age, even if most of us decided not to start doing it regularly.

But I suspect in this case probably used too heavy weights or incorrect form.

The pitches in this tournament are excellent for both batsmen and bowlers and IMO Pak should prepare such pitches for home ODI series.

Yasir Khan is a very poor batsmen. Someone like shamyl hussnain is comfortably better than him at this stage of his career.

Can I ask what's even thr point of Shan opening and wasting a slot? Dude doesn't have a future?

I think I'll probs watch England vs Australia odi instead, but it's an hour away.

Watching Shan and yasir in the PP is like watching Paint dry

The body language of Saud Shakeel........ Why does he always appear disappointed? Why does he seem unhappy on the field, as if something's bothering him?

This is the level of fielding they have - they can't even dive to save runs

fBDAlls.png

Will tag you when Babar comes to bat... want me and you watch him bat together.
Oh bhai, aus vs England is 40 mins away, you think Shan and Yasir will bat that long? Especially Shan when offspin or wrist spin comes to play? I'll be here when bobby comes to bat don't worry.

My prediction is both Shan and bobby will be in the dugout before the aus vs eng match begins

When Imam-ul-Haq is at the top of the averages, it shows something is amiss, and we can't rid of the stat-padding culture

nX66Qig.png

When Imam-ul-Haq is at the top of the averages, it shows something is amiss, and we can't rid of the stat-padding culture

nX66Qig.png
None of these batters have scored a century and to top it off, Misbah has finished fakhar's career now. I doubt he'll bat again this tournament because bismillah Khan is our GOAT now

Oh bhai, aus vs England is 40 mins away, you think Shan and Yasir will bat that long? Especially Shan when offspin or wrist spin comes to play? I'll be here when bobby comes to bat don't worry.

My prediction is both Shan and bobby will be in the dugout before the aus vs eng match begins
Shan departs....Babar coming in

Shan departs....Babar coming in
Yaar bro, I turned off the tv, I didn't think you'd actually ping.

But okay, poor bhi, 23 mins till aus and England match, abhi bhi theirs still time and my prediction hasn't been wrong.

Shan and Babar ain't batting that long

What a youngster to include umar amin. He is 1000 times tried and tested failure

Saud comes to bowl for the first time and gets the wickets.... Yasir departs

I just dont understand all of these domestic bowlers, they have a natural fear or worry bowling to Babar. They forget their plans, lines and lengths whenever they are bowling to Babar initially.

Mate just stick to your basics to this guy, he doesnt want to cause any damage so why lose your plan to him?

Commentator keeps calling sarfaraz the skipper. Somebody tell him that he is not.

Commentator keeps calling sarfaraz the skipper. Somebody tell him that he is not.
Sarfi is Pakistan ka skipper and the true face of Pakistan Cricket whether you like it or not.

He became that ambassador in 2017 and anytime Pakistan flunks another tournament they'll be callbacks to 2017.

You better hope rizwan badsha wins ct 2025

Sarfi is Pakistan ka skipper and the true face of Pakistan Cricket whether you like it or not.

He became that ambassador in 2017 and anytime Pakistan flunks another tournament they'll be callbacks to 2017.

You better hope rizwan badsha wins ct 2025
Sarfaraz is dilon ka kapaan.

Where is everyone? Did everyone turn off their tv to watch aus vs England.

Harris batting is all over the place currently. It is imperative he starts playing FC cricket to develop.

A lesson in statpadding for youngsters from Babar.
A truly atrocious knock that killed the momentum of this innings.
Bhai people call you superstar you should be scoring 70 ball hundreds in such a tournament.
You have nothing to lose , give something back to the game that has given you so much. People look up to you just bring a change in our batting culture.

Tumse na ho payega it seems

Bhai people call you superstar you should be scoring 70 ball hundreds in such a tournament.
You have nothing to lose , give something back to the game that has given you so much. People look up to you just bring a change in our batting culture.

The issue qith babar is that he can't adjust according to the situation.

Their is nothing wrong with playing slow and accumulating. Infact kohli plays like this, He takes his time, takes single, will dispatch the bad ball away for a 4 and 6 and get a good score.

Babar can't do that. His best innings in odi against nz is his stat pad 101? He's just a better version of Shan in that Shan also bats like a coward by grounding the bat to the fielders and occasionally playing a grounded shot for 4.

But Babar unlike sham occasionally lofts and doesn't throw his wicket away that much

Dolphins is a completly different side under Sarfraz, no panic ans they've played odi perfectly.

One thing sarfi has done which Saud didn't do is place fielders in the inner ring for spinners.

This is how tayyab turned into a turtle and got out.

Ho jayega..bobsy kar leyga (Zimbabwe series loading in Nov)

Wow that was 100% handling the ball by Babar! Man this guy has a habit of having random brain fade moments.

Sikandar Bakht: "So, Masroor, do you usually follow your heart or your mind?"

Mohammad Masroor: "I’m a heart guy, always go with my heart."

Sikandar: "Alright then, what’s your heart telling you about tonight’s chase?"

Masroor: "My heart says we’ll chase it down tonight... especially with our mentor, Sarfaraz Ahmed, in the mix!"

9XD1TgD.jpg

I hope babar fan boys are watching this game and seeing how pathetic babar is batting from 40-50 and how he's letting the tail fall.

I better not have a babar fan boy come up to me and claim he scored

Sarfaraz in the last match: “We will give chances to new players to see their potential.”
Yet in this match, he put himself in the playing XI. Joking stuff really.

@BouncerGuy sarfi's advice on keeping babar on doesn't seem so bad now does it? I hope you're seeing the beauty of his batting

Hamza not giving any pace will be smashed by international batters. He is pitching all bowls at soft spots for a proper modern batter to hit thru his power

Bro he is batting at SR of 93.40, what else do you want from him. This is List-A cricket
No he isn't, this is what they do, they consistently bat slow as molasses until the absolute end where they hit a few and up their sr to 90+.

As a result wickets consistently fall at the other end due to pressure being put on them ans you never reach 300+.

Misbah was the biggest conman at doing this and am glad to watch babar following his footstels

Last edited by a moderator:
Back