USA (159/3) & (18/1) defeat Pakistan (159/7) & (13/1) by 5 runs in a super over thriller to cause the first major upset of the ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Aaron Jones is proven match finisher. We have lost this game. better to not let him come to the crease

USA doesnt need to do anything silly.

They just need to bat out the 20 overs.

There is no way they can end up on the losing side if they bat it out.

While you can say at least the Zimbabwe loss in 2022 was a tight finish, the USA are trouncing us here.

Losing to USA will be Babar's legacy as captain.

This has the makings of a proper hammering. Might be one of Pakistan’s worst ever losses if they go down here.

Have we seen darker times for Pakistan cricket? Spot fixing, infighting, etc. but this surely has to be one of the all time low point? With the investment and $ USA has they will exceed Pakistan if not already.

Cricket literally started in USA. With first game being USA v Canada. USA does have British history
Cricket has been played by the British since 1800's lol just saying. It just wasn't called cricket but similar rules, similar set up etc. Obviously some differences such as no lbw, more then 6 balls an over, and round arm laws such as the more them 15 angle bend being banned didn't exist, and Obviously the ball and bat were different.

But 1800's it started and was invented by the British in the subcontinent and Indians picked it up later which morphed into gully cricket.

And no I'm not quoting the movie lagann, you can check it's historic roots. Also Germany has been playing this game way before usa as well.

US need a couple of big overs to get ahead of the rate. Unless this Saffer gets them ahead , it will still be hard.

Absolutely embarrassing and shameful this. Unbelievable that Babar was made captain again.
Making him captain just didn't make sence

This WC will hopefully see the end of

Shadab
Azam
Ifti
Usman Khan (wouldn't get into the srilanka team)
Amir obviously retiring anyway

Might as well give the captaincy to a monkey.

Same old plan no matter if USA is chasing 160 or 200. same script.

This has the makings of a proper hammering. Might be one of Pakistan’s worst ever losses if they go down here.
I doubt it though.

USA are not used to be in pressure situations in big stage. The chances of USA choking are lot more than Pakistan choking from this stage.

If USA win today it will do a lot of good for us , we need the win more than Pak for spreading the game here in states.

If anyone's thinking USA will panic if a wicket or two falls. They won't. While they are an Associate nation. They don't play like one. I'm not saying watching them bat today but the way they approach things in general.

USA beating Bangladesh in a series was no fluke. If they win today that won't be a fluke either. Mind you Pakistan lose against Ireland recently and I believe USA is a better team than Ireland.

Captaincy cannot do anything for bowlers who will not even try to bowl to the fields that are being set.

Put four slips for any of these quicks and they'll bowl a leg stump half volley.

I wont blame anyone. Not the captain, the coach, the board. Nobody. The talent is at its lowest ever. Zero talent. I bet a retired Shahid Afridi bats and bowls better than these guys even now

Pakistan will win this if we have one or two good overs here. Pressure will show on USA

I wonder why no senior player giving babar any advice because all players were instructed by previous chairman (ramiz) to not pass on any advice to babar during a match. Eventually this ramiz was the culprit for the downfall of our cricket

2 days ago, it was 8-1
I was about to put 50 bucks on USA but then got too busy
really should have done it

Yep I saw that too .

Now Yanks are 4/7 but should be lower imo , this is a walk in the park atm .

Imagine what India will do to this team on Sunday

I bet this team will loose to Brazil under Babar. Half of the team is parchi

Missed a very big trick by leaving Abrar Ahmed out of the game.

Naseem has to make an impact with the ball.

This clearly shows the difference between discipline and lack of.

Pakistan have felt entitled for too long and now getting embarrassed with increasing frequency. Proper minnow level stuff.

Wahab selecting Azam and Naqvi promising cash and hajj packages is making this circus look very crazy.

Worst part is that these cricketers are earning a handsome salary and this filth is their work to show for it.

If USA win today it will do a lot of good for us , we need the win more than Pak for spreading the game here in states.
Its almost impossible for Pakistan to win defending with Babar as captain.

I doubt it though.

USA are not used to be in pressure situations in big stage. The chances of USA choking are lot more than Pakistan choking from this stage.

Yes although it’s quite embarrassing already that with 10 overs to go in the game, USA are clear WinViz favourites.

Shadab was bowling well but he needs support from other end. Anyway, I am confident its just a matter of time before USA collapse due to inexperience.

Its almost impossible for Pakistan to win defending with Babar as captain.
Still half an innings to, USA has played good cricket in last month, but this game is big and watched by more people.

Now Babar Azam's supporters will say it is conspiracy of Shaheen Shah Afridi to remove him from captaincy again 😀

This is a horribly unbalanced side. One batsman short truly. The issue is that barring an injury, there are no immediate replacements that can be utilized for Pakistan.

Abbas Afridi instead of Haris Rauf could have been a better choice on this pitch as well.

Back