[VIDEOS] "I am hoping I will be given consistent chances to prove myself in ODIs" : Hussain Talat

I cannot for the life of me work Hussain out.

Some days he looks a million dollars, other days he looks terrible.

Today he is bowling so well, other days he bats brilliantly, yet sometimes he's all over the place with bat and ball.

Exactly my thoughts . . such an enigma! The guy can do both and do them really well . . has to be something with the mind

Hussain Talat 63 in the Pakistan Cup Semi-Final - losing cause as KP defeated CP by 6 wickets

Hussain Talat stroked his fourth century in 51 matches as Balochistan, who resumed their second innings at 136 for five and required another 168 runs to make Northern bat again, added 200 runs on the final day to be dismissed for 336 at the Abbottabad Cricket Stadium. Northern took just 43 balls to race to the 33-run target for their second victory in three matches.

Hussain, who had yet to open his account when play ended on Tuesday, scored an unbeaten 115 from 178 balls with 15 fours and two sixes. He added 93 runs for the sixth wicket with Khurram Shahzad (59 from 89 balls with 11 fours) as the last four Balochistan wickets added 107 runs with Hussain dominating the scoring.

Fe3TPlEWIAABmDg

It's a shame he didnt develop into a hard hitting reliable T20 batsmen. We could have used him in the middle order.

It's a shame he didnt develop into a hard hitting reliable T20 batsmen. We could have used him in the middle order.

He never had the timing and ability to be a hard hitting batsman, despite the physique. He barely cleared the infield.

But he can become a reliable test batsman in the mould of Imam if he continues to work on his consistency.

Hussain Talat scores his 5th FC 100 during QeA22 clash between #KPvBAL

FgJckGWWIAAWngj

Cross 3k runs in FC cricket whilst playing for Balochistan vs Central Punjab

Hero in domestic FC and very ordinary if not a failure, in the international arena ... what's new for our batting talent?

His batting is OK if not great. He should have worked on his bowling and tried to develop him self as a reliable 5th bowler same for Agha Salman.

These like Hassan, Agha and Wasim jr don't iwork on their weaker skill which makes them useless in terms of giving balance to the side.

Hero in domestic FC and very ordinary if not a failure, in the international arena ... what's new for our batting talent?

Wont exactly say a hero in domestic cricket but, yes had a good season or two. Not having best of the seasons currently taking into account national T20 and QAE however, good thing is that he is bowling regularly. A decent medium pacer to have as 6th option if required. T20 cricket was not his best format in my opinion (Mickey gave him a good spot at no 3 but, his game awareness was lacking for that number) as he isnt someone who can start bashing it around however, decent at strike rotation so would have worked better in ODIs.

In terms of upcoming talent few youngsters in domestic cricket to look forward to are Saim Ayub, Hurraira, Qasim Akram, Omair Yousuf, Saad Khan, Haseebullah Khan. While Abdullah Shafique is already in the national team.

Centuries by Haseebullah (123) and Hussain Talat (141*) helped Balochistan beat Central Punjab by 28 runs.

Tbh I've seen enough of Talat & I must say I'm not a fan.

He doesn't have the acceleration or the shot selection.

Whenever he's needed to attack and build on, he loses his wicket.

This is the right way of making a comeback, if he does. Scoring heavily and at good RR.

With dearth of batting talent we have in our domestic cricket , he is making case for himself to replace deadwoods like Khushdil, asif and chacha.

He doesn't look that good but he is certainly better than many players Pakistan have tried recently.

Amazing partnership with Shaheen - gets to his fifty as well - could well be taking his side to a fantastic win.

Amazing partnership with Shaheen - gets to his fifty as well - could well be taking his side to a fantastic win.

He would have if he had Raza, Wiese and Rashid to bat with him before Shaheen

Hussain Talat returned undefeated on 51 off 90 deliveries, hitting six fours and a six on Day 2 of the 4-Day game between Shaheens and Zimbabwe A

An impressive knock by Hussain Talat, his 20th first-class half-century in QeA 2023/24​

Day 2, Round 4 QeA Trophy

Lahore Blues v Peshawar at Abbottabad Cricket Stadium, Abbottabad

Lahore Blues captain Imran Butt’s decision to bat first backfired as Lahore lost four wickets for 58 runs. At that stage of the match, Hussain Talat was joined by wicketkeeper-batter Junaid Ali and the pair added 138 runs for the fifth wicket. Hussain top-scored for his side with a 167-ball 87, which included 12 fours.

A much-needed fifty comes up for Hussain Talat in the National T20 Cup 2023. He has scored 57 (36) against FATA for his team Lahore Blues.

Hussain Talat made 112*(43) for GIC while playing against Zamwa City. A great knock by him but after a great while and that too in a Ramadan tournament. Hopefully, he carry on this form afterwards.

Hussain Talat's noteworthy knock of 82 runs off 97 balls went in vain for Ghani Glass against WAPDA in the second round of the President's Cup 2024, as the opposition won by 7 wickets.

Hussain Talat's noteworthy knock of 82 runs off 97 balls went in vain for Ghani Glass against WAPDA in the second round of the President's Cup 2024, as the opposition won by 7 wickets.
These are highlights of his innings against WAPDA.

Hussain Talat scored his 8th List A century for Ghani Glass, hitting an unbeaten 107 runs off 92 balls against KRL, leading his team to victory. He's been in great form during the President's Cup 2024, with impressive innings like 122* (94) and 82 (97) in his recent matches. His consistent performance is noteworthy.

I think Talat's strong showings are boosting his chances for selection in the ODI squad. He has shown improvement in the longer format, which is a positive sign. However, there's a worry that selectors might overlook him, similar to what happened with Sahibzada Farhan, despite his domestic success.

Back