West Indies v India | 1st Test | North Sound | Jul 21-25, 2016 | Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ashwin ahead of Saha :eek:

Would have actually liked saha to spend some time with Kohli in the middle.

Patheitc from Rahane.

Gave a dolly of a catch.

That should have been hit for a six :facepalm:

3 of the 4 batsmen gifted their wickets away.

Now into the Tail.

If Dhoni was Captain, Jaddu will be playing today.

Kohli seems to be a fan of fast bowlers. I knew he would choose a pacer over Jadeja.

TBH, I would have played Jadeja over Yadav today.

Jadeja is a useful bowler and you might have needed his batting today!

Kohli likes attacking bowlers it seems. Yadav if used correctly can be a useful bowler

[MENTION=79064]MMHS[/MENTION] - What do you think about our spinners on this pitch?

Can they breakthrough or it will be a long hard toil against WI?

And what about pacers?

Not watching (or watching in mobile :(), therefore shouldn't comment; but I think, it's a wicket, prepared to avoid defeat for hosts. And they have loaded their team with all-rounders.

There looks a barren patch at both ends, but that's on half-volley length; good length is actually evenly covered by grass. I don't think, it would break that much - spinners have to do it in air. Also, if it rains, often in WI, that bonds the track.

If 450 overs are possible, WI should lose this Test, but may be they'll get away with a draw here. Whatever chance IND has to force a result, keeping 2 sessions of rain in equation is by enforcing follow-on; but I don't think the wicket'll break that much in 1st 3 days.

Indian pacers always bowl well with new ball - but, they are absolute toothless with the old one; may be Shami can add some pace, still it has to be Ash/Mish.

Chalo, Bishu has got Rahne - why I hate India so much .........?

Bishoo should go to Indian Dressing room after the day is done and take Pujara, Dhawan and Rahane to dinner.

Oh wait the Wannabe English Pakistani phantom posters striking again.

Hmm.. Mishra is a little slow to my liking.. Jadeja is a sharp spinner and definitely would have added more value with the bat too... Perhaps.........

Mishra is a good bowler I wouldn't have dropped him. Maybe Yadav should have been sarificed.

Jadeja
Ashwin
Shami
Mishra
Ishamr/Yadav

Not a bad attack with Kumar on the bench also

Nice to see you after a long time :) Hopefully he will do well in England. They've been our bogey team for some time now..

Masters student's life bro :(

But I always hover. Plus, US time is suitable for watching cricket in Windies. So I am here.

Maybe the fall of wickets is just adding a hint of caution to Kohli's approach? I'm not complaining. Hopefully he can take us to a respectable score..

Indian batsmen seems to have formed a Akhand Bharat pact with Desis in Caribbean.

Bishoo should have been 0/80 so far. But he is 3/80.

Indian batsmen seems to have formed a Akhand Bharat pact with Desis in Caribbean.

Seriously bro.. The 3 Bishoo wickets should have gone for 6,4,6

Bisho would have been 1/111 by now (I take 1 mistake as granted) - he has 3/74 with 6 wickets to fall yet; won't be surprised, if he ends up with 6/134. But that proves the high quality of spin play by Indian team though - 6 wickets for 150, out of 450 should be conclusive enough.

I'm worried Bishoo might consume Kohli with another of his filthy balls..

Will be hard for him to score another 100 runs with just 20 overs left :D

Im joking :p

Well you know what I mean as in this innings :) The quality of Kohli's batting is one extreme and the lack of quality of WI bowling is the other extreme.. Kohli should strive to make 200!!

Well you know what I mean as in this innings :) The quality of Kohli's batting is one extreme and the lack of quality of WI bowling is the other extreme.. Kohli should strive to make 200!!

Yea i think its there for the taking for kohli. He is looking great and will kick start the test season for him with a bang!

I'm worried Bishoo might consume Kohli with another of his filthy balls..

Windies are short on overs hence Holder brought in the pie chucker for few overs in between to cover it up, he removed him immediately after 2 overs.

Yep. Also is filling in for the legendary Tony Cozier. Sad loss to cricket. Weird to not hear his voice in a Caribbean test match!

Yeah he was my favorite. One of the best commentators (Easily in the top 3 for me). Massive loss to cricket.

Bishoo is back. As expected the first ball goes for 4. Hopefully no reckless shots..

Effortless batting and risk free too from Kohli and still striking at 79.43

Kohli vs Bishoo today: 53 (71b) Jeez and others just gave the wickets away to him.

Kohli and Smith can actually pioneer in revolutionizing test match middle order batting. These two guys are extremely aggressive and go about things quickly. Very result oriented batsmen..

Krish: "@commentary : Ashwin once said his desire is to walk at 4 not at 3 !! : "there is that greedy batsman inside me who says that one day I should bat at No. 4 for India. I want to get better and aspire to be a No. 4 batsman."" My bad.

Good attitude i think.

Saha is no Ian Healy not sure why do we keep selecting him despite being rubbish on international stage. Oh god I don't want to go back to those old days of Mongia/ Ratra/ Dahiya/ MSK Prasad :facepalm:

I'm sure Kohli will realize the importance of having a solid wicketkeeper batsman quickly. Saha will surely asked to improve his batting credentials.

Jim Ross calling this match would be awesome.

Bah gawd what a shot!

West Indies are being beaten like a government mule right now.

Will somebody stop the damn match? Enough is enough.

SHOT OF THE DAY!!! VVS, is that you? :O

remember when he go his 100 in Mumbai ? I walked into the stadium not knowing India had lost few quick wickets , I think for nearly 30 mins I thot the score card was showing wrong ..I was like how is india 6 down when VVS and Virat are in the middle lol

He has immense potential. Just needs to come out of the lazy closet.

Used to open the batting I believe, not sure at what level. But it definately shows in his batting. I agree a bit lazy with the running, i still remember that 2 runs that was there for the taking against WI to win the match. The match ended up being a draw because ash didn't bother pushing for the second.

remember when he go his 100 in Mumbai ? I walked into the stadium not knowing India had lost few quick wickets , I think for nearly 30 mins I thot the score card was showing wrong ..I was like how is india 6 down when VVS and Virat are in the middle lol

Exactly.. once I remember when Bhogle brought up the conversation when VVS was commentating alongside him. VVS appeared a little offended :)), but deep inside even he knows there's an uncanny resemblance..

Used to open the batting I believe, not sure at what level. But it definately shows in his batting. I agree a bit lazy with the running, i still remember that 2 runs that was there for the taking against WI to win the match. The match ended up being a draw because ash didn't bother pushing for the second.

Oh yeah! That was stupid of him.. We missed the chance to clean sweep..

honestly the most uneventful and forgettable day of cricket i have ever watched. and how i wish i hadn't

honestly the most uneventful and forgettable day of cricket i have ever watched. and how i wish i hadn't

At least be happy that the quality of strokeplay was top notch. I watched even worse days..

Oh the hourly Pommy Pakistani post,when the person switches on TV for the score and comes to PP t type a comment.

Wc and off you go.

And that is how you build your innings.. Hopefully Virat learns the art in this tour..

This 10 over period will decide between 300+ or 400+.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

really shocking display by the west indies, india 290-4 at home? who would have thought that twenty years ago?? this pitch and their general attitude really doesn't bode well for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back