Which team will break India's unbeaten series win streak at home in Tests?

dravidthewall

Local Club Captain
Runs
Now this will be the toughest challenge for any visiting team tour India and defeat them at home test series. Ashwin ,Jadeja as spin duo , backup kuldeep axar. Bumrah Akashdeep Siraj ,Shami as fast bowlers. Jaiswal, Gill, Rohit, Kohli , Rahul as Batsman. Pant as wicket keeper Batsman. Can any team defeat India in india in near future?

For next 2 year no one can ,the way we are playing. They can win a matches here and there but winning the series is almost impossible for any teams as long as Ash and jaddu is playing.

That'd be the swiftest turn of karmic cycle. But I believe NZ cannot smash us yet but it's probable they'd force a drawn series.
Tbh we should be wiping the floor with them in a comfortable 3-0 whitewash , as long as rain stays away.

Anything else would be a disappointment.

Honestly only Pakistan has the capability to beat India in India.

A) Historically they have got a good record in bilateral tours in India.

B) A series with Pakistan meaning our boys will not be able to play as freely as they do with other teams. There is constantly media pressure and pressure to perform well. It will curb the natural instinct of our players.

C) Pakistani bowlers will also utilize SG ball better in getting reverse swing.

So I think only Pakistan can beat us back home. However, we won't play them...so no need to worry :yuvi

B) A series with Pakistan meaning our boys will not be able to play as freely as they do with other teams. There is constantly media pressure and pressure to perform well. It will curb the natural instinct of our players.

So I think only Pakistan can beat us back home. However, we won't play them...so nneed to worry :yuvi
Even best version of pak atg won't beat India in India under kohli or rohig.

Tbh we should be wiping the floor with them in a comfortable 3-0 whitewash , as long as rain stays away.

Anything else would be a disappointment.

We can rule out rain, the venues are Bangalore, Pune and Mumbai. It'd only rain in bangalore if at all but the rains are mostly in evening/night.

I feel NZ have had the best warm of any team in recent memory having played two tests in Lanka ahead of this tour. No adjustment or surprises for them and I believe for touring teams, conditions are as big a factor as the home team itself.

It has to happen one day brother. God loving Sanatanis know and accept the karmic cycle. Might as well make bets on who will do it. I am putting my money on England 1st and then the AUS.
Not Eng, their GOAT team of 2012 was a one off. Oz more likely.

Pakistan can't even win a test against Bangladesh and peoples are thinking they can beat india in india
They still think they will be facing kuruvilla, debashish mohnaty and venky prasad and the ilk.

In 2000 era they could barely survive vs lakshipathy balaji and irfan Nathan lmao. India won the h2h overall in 2000 era in tests too.

And won away in Pakistan.

Under kohli and rohit it only got even better. Well in transition now but still too strong in Asia.

Pakistan can't even win a test against Bangladesh and peoples are thinking they can beat india in india
Nobody thought that Pakistan would beat india in 2021 but we did NO????

We might beat India every day but saying that it is impossible, that is too much.

Come on, Play with us, why not???

We can rule out rain, the venues are Bangalore, Pune and Mumbai. It'd only rain in bangalore if at all but the rains are mostly in evening/night.

I feel NZ have had the best warm of any team in recent memory having played two tests in Lanka ahead of this tour. No adjustment or surprises for them and I believe for touring teams, conditions are as big a factor as the home team itself.
And these are good venues for a team like NZ. Bangalore and Pune are good batting surfaces and Wankhede has enough bounce and does favour conventional swing and seam bowlers.

I see your point .

Nobody thought that Pakistan would beat india in 2021 but we did NO????

We might beat India every day but saying that it is impossible, that is too much.

Come on, Play with us, why not???
We are talking about test cricket .in T20 cricket one -two good over can change the game but to win the test matches or series its very hard .

Pakistan yet to recovered from Asia cup 228 runs loss humiliation so think a whitewash in test series against india ,they will not recover for atleast 2 years.

As long as Ashwin and Jadeja are playing for India, its almost impossible to beat India in a longer series. Though, England and Australia have ability.
I really thought Bazzball will challenge India, but they were demolished by JaisBall and Ash-Jaddu.

We are talking about test cricket .in T20 cricket one -two good over can change the game but to win the test matches or series its very hard .

Pakistan yet to recovered from Asia cup 228 runs loss humiliation so think a whitewash in test series against india ,they will not recover for atleast 2 years.
Come brother. Come play. Lets go. Would love an Indo-pak series on a neutral venue. What is stopping you/??

Come brother. Come play. Lets go. Would love an Indo-pak series on a neutral venue. What is stopping you/??
Your forgein policy is stopping for playing cricket with Pakistan

Stop interfare in internal matters of another country then we will sure play series with Pakistan at home and away .

for the same reason people are saying this,

Just play against Pakistan and thrash them and I will be more than happy to congratulate you.
Also shoaib akthar and ptv media wins either way win or lose.

If india win they can broadcast many shows praising india lmao like shoaib bhai does for likes.

And if they lose, they can obviously troll india for more likes.

Lack of quality in opposition.

Not wanting to subject viewers to one sided smackdowns?

Knowing India can better challenge themselves playing against BD or Lanka?

Maybe Indians will play you if you can prove you can beat BD at home?

ICC should organise a test series between India and World XI in India.

1. Usman Khawaja
  2. Ben Duckett
  3. Steve Smith
  4. Joe Root
  5. Travis Head
  6. Kamindu Mendis
  7. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
  8. Pat Cummins (capt)
  9. Kagiso Rabada
  10. Nathan Lyon
  11. Prabath Jayasuriya
This team will challege India, but India will still win.

1. Usman Khawaja
  2. Ben Duckett
  3. Steve Smith
  4. Joe Root
  5. Travis Head
  6. Kamindu Mendis
  7. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
  8. Pat Cummins (capt)
  9. Kagiso Rabada
  10. Nathan Lyon
  11. Prabath Jayasuriya
Definitely they should try it. Not a bad idea .

Lack of quality in opposition.

Not wanting to subject viewers to one sided smackdowns?

Knowing India can better challenge themselves playing against BD or Lanka?

Maybe Indians will play you if you can prove you can beat BD at home?
ok brother. You can say whatever you want and can think whatever you like but saying stuff is easy. You never know

ok brother. You can say whatever you want and can think whatever you like but saying stuff is easy. You never know

Of course brother, with 20K posts in just over a year, you would of course know that saying stuff is easy.

Look at my post count. I choose my words carefully.

India in Test cricket at home from 2013:

Matches - 53
Won - 42
Lost - 4
Draw - 7

THE GREATEST STREAK EVER :kp

Not happening anytime soon. Just puts into perspective though how good the England team from 2010-13 was. Mitchell Johnson burned them to a crisp but when they were on-top, they were excellent.

Also puts into perspective how good Greame Swann was. I wonder when England will find another spinner like him. But I think visiting teams need to understand that they need one great spinner and a fairly decent second spinner to partner with him if they want to win in India. Panesar also played a critical role in that 2012 series. Australia have Lyon but the second spinner partnering with him is usually some over the hill Sheffield Shield journeyman. This time they had Todd Murphy but he is too inexperienced.

1. Usman Khawaja
  2. Ben Duckett
  3. Steve Smith
  4. Joe Root
  5. Travis Head
  6. Kamindu Mendis
  7. Mohammad Rizwan (wk)
  8. Pat Cummins (capt)
  9. Kagiso Rabada
  10. Nathan Lyon
  11. Prabath Jayasuriya
Cant be a World XI when no Windies, BD or NZ participation in it, not to say no Babar, hai tobba :bobs

Teams winning a Test without facing a single maiden

England🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v SA, 1939
India🇮🇳 v BAN, 2024

End of the list.

Australia has the best chance, followed by Pakistan as India is the only team against whom they will play with heart. Also Indians would also take extra pressure just because of it being Pakistan.

Now this will be the toughest challenge for any visiting team tour India and defeat them at home test series. Ashwin ,Jadeja as spin duo , backup kuldeep axar. Bumrah Akashdeep Siraj ,Shami as fast bowlers. Jaiswal, Gill, Rohit, Kohli , Rahul as Batsman. Pant as wicket keeper Batsman. Can any team defeat India in india in near future?
It's probably 3-4 years away. Will need the retirement of both Jadeja and Ashwin as well as the diminishing of Bumrah's powers. Batters can come and go.

As to who's going to beat us, it'll depend on who's on top at the time but it's really only 3 teams that take tests seriously so it's got to be the Ozzies or the Poms.

Australia has the best chance, followed by Pakistan as India is the only team against whom they will play with heart. Also Indians would also take extra pressure just because of it being Pakistan.
Agreed. Smashing PAK by an innings in all Tests would be the target. Anything else would be disappointing

Thought you didn't care about cricket anymore after getting an Olympic gold.

Yet you started a thread to criticise India's celebration 2 months after the World T20 got over .

So much for not caring
Since india got 6 gold medals in chess olympiad and made him proud , he may have got a reason to watch cricket again

Sri Lanka in a few years
you are living up to your user name. SriLanka is yet to win a test match in India. Their greatest team, with the likes of Jayawardane, Murali, Sangakara, Jayasurya, Dilshan, Vaas, etc never tasted a single test match victory in India. It can happen in the future, but losing a series to them is difficult. I can see, Australia, England beating us in a short 2-1 series win once Ash and Jaddu fade away

As long as Ashwin and Jadeja are playing for India, its almost impossible to beat India in a longer series. Though, England and Australia have ability.
I really thought Bazzball will challenge India, but they were demolished by JaisBall and Ash-Jaddu.

And alongside those two, we have Bumrah also. These three are invincible simply.

Thought you didn't care about cricket anymore after getting an Olympic gold.

Yet you started a thread to criticise India's celebration 2 months after the World T20 got over .

So much for not caring
technically, the two icc events that India won were before Arshad won his gold.

so my claim matches the time line. ;)

England was the last team to beat India in India. The reason they could do that is due to Swann and Panesar- 2 of their ATG spinners. India had a young Ashwin and Jadeja so they outbowled us. Thats how you win in India.

They are building a good spin pool so I can see them winning a series in India in the future.

Rest are not at the same level as India in India.

Anomalies can happen but India in India is borderline unbeatable.

So I think only Pakistan can beat us back home. However, we won't play them...so no need to worry :yuvi
I agree. A think tank lead by Riz can put the cat amongst the pigeons.

No longer good memories of Kanpur alas for those who dabble in sweep shots.

Been swept away in less than 2 days....what a massacre.

Corrected for accuracy ... this Test match did not even last 180 overs across 4 inngs ... but for rain BD would have had to look for an early flight lol

Corrected for accuracy ... this Test match did not even last 180 overs across 4 inngs ... but for rain BD would have had to look for an early flight lol
I was factoring in D1 to be kind, but then on hindsight we swept and shot canadian tiger dreams in less than 2 days.

Kanpur something violent about it.

I was factoring in D1 to be kind, but then on hindsight we swept and shot canadian tiger dreams in less than 2 days.

Kanpur something violent about it.

I am still upset that we didnt win by an innings ... that would have been truly epic ... lol

Whoever play 2 match test series has best chance to beat India in India.. Just need a win (most likely in opening match) and a draw.. It'll be very hard to beat India in 4+ test match series in India..

Whoever play 2 match test series has best chance to beat India in India.. Just need a win (most likely in opening match) and a draw.. It'll be very hard to beat India in 4+ test match series in India..

Only Aussies can probably beat India in India in a 4-match series.

Can be broken in short series with some luck, but in long series it will take Indians having issue at that time and opposition playing good cricket. I think it's very hard to do with two great spin all rounders playing for India. It's like they play with 13 players in India.

Having said that, India won in Aus twice despite Aus having a very strong team. Same Aus has bean beating all other visiting sides for fun. So some team can surpise by actualy beating India even if India is playing well. But they will need two great spinners.

I think Aus had two streak of 10 series wins at home where they won.

If I am correct then this is 18th series win for India, almost double long than 2nd best streak.

Eventually it will get broken. Breaking series win is easier becasue you can break it by drawing.

Beating is harder than drawing. But sooner or later it will happen.

As ridiculous as it seems I think SL has the best tools to defeat India at home. Good spinners and batters who can play spin well. NZ will have no chance sorry. They were beaten badly by SL and they are not going to do any better in India. Their best player has poor record in India.
Sri Lankan test Spinners are slower and Indian pitches demand more speed and accuracy like Jadeza. No chance for Srilanka at all. At best they can win a test and then India changes to a pace friendly venue.

England was the last team to beat India in India. The reason they could do that is due to Swann and Panesar- 2 of their ATG spinners. India had a young Ashwin and Jadeja so they outbowled us. Thats how you win in India.
Jadeja was their only for last match.ojha usedto accompany aswin,so it's a major upgrade in the batting.washed up Sehwag,gambhir, sachin did not contribute anything in that series .kohli too came to the party in the last match only

Sri Lanka is the team that is doing well so far. They have som good spinners and their batters can bat against spin pretty well.

In the near future, i can see only Sri Lanka giving tough time to India at home.

As ridiculous as it seems I think SL has the best tools to defeat India at home. Good spinners and batters who can play spin well. NZ will have no chance sorry. They were beaten badly by SL and they are not going to do any better in India. Their best player has poor record in India.
Sri Lanka have had the tendency to come as Dark Horses. I know many look at it as a ridiculous take but it's not really as ridiculous when one would think like you have you. Plus it's a bold prediction and I could see this happen down the years.

Back