“Mohammad Rizwan is better than me": Sarfaraz Ahmed

There's an interview from Rizwan where he said this and even name dropped Saqlain as Babar as witnesses to the conversation. I'm sure you can Google it or find it on YouTube.

I'm not gonna listen to this because you and I know both know Rizwan is a part owner of a sports marketing company and like any other businessman he will say anything for to promote his image. If you are trader as you claim to be, going by your username, I would like to think the best of you and assume that you're not so gullible to accept this at face value because only an idiot would.

Secondly you can tell by his actions from that series that he was happy when Sarfraz performed. If he was as toxic as some posters make him out to be then he would have had an issue with Sarfraz replacing him but we haven't heard any such thing.

Rizwan went public with how unhappy he was batting at no.5 in ODIs. If he's unwilling to move himself in the batting order without kicking up a fuss, you really expect us to believe that he had no issue of being replaced by Sarfraz in red ball cricket?

Your pro-Rizwan agenda is showing. Stop taking us for some fools, who were born yesterday.

I'm not gonna listen to this because you and I know both know Rizwan is a part owner of a sports marketing company and like any other businessman he will say anything for to promote his image. If you are trader as you claim to be, going by your username, I would like to think the best of you and assume that you're not so gullible to accept this at face value because only an idiot would.

Rizwan went public with how unhappy he was batting at no.5 in ODIs. If he's unwilling to move himself in the batting order without kicking up a fuss, you really expect us to believe that he had no issue of being replaced by Sarfraz in red ball cricket?

Your pro-Rizwan agenda is showing. Stop taking us for some fools, who were born yesterday.
Notice when asked about Misbah's decisions on making imam ul haq his t20 opener and brining back umar akmal, Shehzad and Muhammad irfan out of a retirement home, he never answered, Instead went straight to insults.

Notice when asked about Misbah's decisions on making imam ul haq his t20 opener and brining back umar akmal, Shehzad and Muhammad irfan out of a retirement home, he never answered, Instead went straight to insults.

Your accusations mean nothing. Not sure why you're looking for answers from me when you've said you've declared war with me. Nothing I say will satisfy you

Your accusations mean nothing. Not sure why you're looking for answers from me when you've said you've declared war with me. Nothing I say will satisfy you
It's not an accusation, it's a question that you avoided.

Also i never declared war with you, their is no war, just a few misbah and Babar fans that I have to prepare for their upcoming beatings every single round of yearly tournaments.

Regardless I didn't ask you that question, I pinged you yes wanting to hear your thoughts on what rana said.

So you don't want to believe Rizwan in one interview but want to believe he's toxic in another.

You can't have your cake and eat it too. Pick either or. Either Rizwan is toxic or he's telling the truth.

I have a pro agenda for Rizwan because he's one of our best players and represents Pakistan with dignity. He asked for the number 4 position, got it and conquered it. Speaking his mind and telling it as it is doesn't mean he's making a fuss.

He takes responsibility for his actions. And it was responsible of him to bat at 4 just like he showed responsibility by supporting Sarfraz's comeback. This is a fact. If he was as toxic as you make him out to be then he would have made a 'fuss' about being dropped from tests. The point is he didn't and the series footage shows he was genuinely happy and celebrating for Sarfraz. I don't know why you have a hard time digesting the fact that we have some decent human beings in the team.

You wanna believe him in one interview but not another. You can't have your cake and eat it too

It's not an accusation, it's a question that you avoided.

Also i never declared war with you, their is no war, just a few misbah and Babar fans that I have to prepare for their upcoming beatings every single round of yearly tournaments.

Regardless I didn't ask you that question, I pinged you yes wanting to hear your thoughts on what rana said.

Basically the whole war started over a sarfraz vs rizwan comment I made. It escalated from their.

I really really want @daytrader to respond to this.

Can't wait to hear the excuse on his amazing coach Misbah

Either you have a memory of a goldfish or you're smoking up too much.

You clearly said war. You also mentioned that I would make excuses for the arguments Rana presented.

Clearly you're not ingenuous about having a serious cricketing conversation so please save the excuses of I wanna hear your thoughts.

I will entertain that post because I have some free time rn

Acha jee. Misbah was ‘right’ to drop Sarfaraz because of ‘deteriorating performances’ as you say…

So then what was his justification of bringing back Umar Akmal and Ahmad Shahzad out of the blue to play that T20i series against Sri Lanka? What exactly was he trying to do there? Players who didn’t make Mickey/Sarfaraz’s number 1 ranked side…what exactly did Misbah want to achieve if he was doing ‘the right thing’?

Secondly, what exactly was the ‘honest and on merit’ Misbah looking to achieve by bringing in the over the hill Mohammad Irfan for the T20i series against Australia down under? If the guy was making decisions based on fairness and honesty, how do you the fans of Misbah ul Haq justify this decision of bringing back a guy from a retirement home to play a T20i series against one of the best sides in the world in their own back den?

Thirdly, what exactly was the honest and on merit Misbah thinking when he opened a T20i innings with Imam ul Haq in Australia? Like, what in the blue hell was that all about? Based on what cricketing logic and honesty was this decision made?????

@mominsaigol

1. Shehzad and Akmal made a comeback after domestic and PSL performances. Before them we had Malik and Hafeez. Did it make sense to give youngsters a chance after their domestic performances or continue with ttfs?

Keep in mind, both had a falling out with Misbah and Waqar a few years earlier. So kudos to Misbah for not holding a grudge and giving them a comeback.

Also the team that lost to Sri Lanka had Sarfraz as captain and both 'match winners' Imad and Amir. Why blame just Misbah and too in his first series as head coach in a t20 bilateral series which according to you guys are meant for experimenting.

2. The obvious answer is Irfan's height and the ability to generate bounce on Australian pitches. That was the game plan. Whether it worked or not is a different question but at least Misbah had clear strategies and a game plan.

3. Imam debuted under Sarfraz and Mickey Arthur in T20s. He only played 2 matches. As Akmal and Shehzad failed, Misbah resorted to Imam. That experiment only lasted one match. Misbah was quick to discard plans that didn't work.

I will end this with a quote from Misbah which is still relevant today:

"We became number one in T20Is but if you dig deeper, our only strength was Babar Azam's runs and he didn't score in two games and we've been exposed. I think we need to find six match-winners, not one"

@mominsaigol

1. Shehzad and Akmal made a comeback after domestic and PSL performances. Before them we had Malik and Hafeez. Did it make sense to give youngsters a chance after their domestic performances or continue with ttfs?

Keep in mind, both had a falling out with Misbah and Waqar a few years earlier. So kudos to Misbah for not holding a grudge and giving them a comeback.

Also the team that lost to Sri Lanka had Sarfraz as captain and both 'match winners' Imad and Amir. Why blame just Misbah and too in his first series as head coach in a t20 bilateral series which according to you guys are meant for experimenting.

2. The obvious answer is Irfan's height and the ability to generate bounce on Australian pitches. That was the game plan. Whether it worked or not is a different question but at least Misbah had clear strategies and a game plan.

3. Imam debuted under Sarfraz and Mickey Arthur in T20s. He only played 2 matches. As Akmal and Shehzad failed, Misbah resorted to Imam. That experiment only lasted one match. Misbah was quick to discard plans that didn't work.

I will end this with a quote from Misbah which is still relevant today:

"We became number one in T20Is but if you dig deeper, our only strength was Babar Azam's runs and he didn't score in two games and we've been exposed. I think we need to find six match-winners, not one"
1) You realise he gave shehzad and akmal chances deliberately because he wanted sarfraz gone from captaincy?

This is the same man who refused to play sarfraz for 6 games straight during wc 2015 in order to have akmal keep and jamshed open lol, and went out of his way to claim nasir jamshed hasn't been given enough chances even though its a world cup and not a tour. We lost to Zimbabwe in 2015 lol.

Any reasonable coach would have experimented with youngsters and fresh blood, and no I saw shehzad and akmal in psl 19, they weren't topnscorers, by this logic why wasn't kamran akmal tried when he was the top scorer?

Umar akmal averaged 34 with a sr of 136 lmao, and shehzad may have averaged 50, but he played few games, the sample size was smaller and his sr was 126, the lowest of any opener.

Lastly malik and hafeez are allrounders, based of what logic is he brining back 2 batsmen with one of them being an opener to replace 2 allrounders?

imad and Amir are irrelevant, we're talking about misbah's decison which is beyond baffling, who cares about grudges? This isn't a dosti yaari I forgive you group.

He brought back 2 proven tried and tested failures that were not top scorers in psl, nor did their sr give them any reason to show they were t20 players, nor are they replacing batsmen, their replacing middle order allrounders and hafeez and malik weren't even retired? Hafeez retired in 2020 after that series, Malik still isn't retired, so why even replace them?

2) His clear strategies and game plan led to a humiliation? What strategies? Your bringing someone out of a retirement home to bowl? That's like me bringing back waqar younis in this era and asking him to bowl because the pitch supports swing? Even though waqar is retired, fat, unfit and clearly xant bowl anymore.

That's not a clear strategy or game plan, you brought a guy who was 37(Listed age but in reality irfan was clearly over 40, right now he's defo 44-45 lol)

3) So his solution is imam? Lol. Yes clearly we need 6 match winners, who misbah believes are shehzad, irfan, akmal and Imam who he labelled as his match winners.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) You realise he gave shehzad and akmal chances deliberately because he wanted sarfraz gone from captaincy?

You realize your logic makes no sense? So he gave Sarfraz a chance for an easy series and he failed to perform. Was Sarfraz's destiny in the hands of Shehzad or Akmal? And do you believe they deliberately underperformed because Misbah said so? If thats the case why wrre they discarded as well. Lol 😂 man you're too creative , lay off the greens.

This is the same man who refused to play sarfraz for 6 games straight during wc 2015 in order to have akmal keep and jamshed open lol, and went out of his way to claim nasir jamshed hasn't been given enough chances even though its a world cup and not a tour. We lost to Zimbabwe in 2015 lol.

Sarfraz didn't have any noteworthy performances prior to the WC. He also wasn't up tot he mark in the warm ups. Kudos to him for making it count when he got his chance

Any reasonable coach would have experimented with youngsters and fresh blood, and no I saw shehzad and akmal in psl 19, they weren't topnscorers, by this logic why wasn't kamran akmal tried when he was the top scorer?

Umar akmal averaged 34 with a sr of 136 lmao, and shehzad may have averaged 50, but he played few games, the sample size was smaller and his sr was 126, the lowest of any opener.

Who were these better younger openers? We had Fakhar play all the games, he was out of touch so was Babar. Only person I can think of that was hard done by Misbah's decision in that series is Rizwan

imad and Amir are irrelevant, we're talking about misbah's decison which is beyond baffling, who cares about grudges? This isn't a dosti yaari I forgive you group.

Imad, Amir, Sarfraz all are irrelevant because you have Misbah to blame. Didn't you once say it's a team game? The whole team got exposed.
He brought back 2 proven tried and tested failures that were not top scorers in psl, nor did their sr give them any reason to show they were t20 players, nor are they replacing batsmen, their replacing middle order allrounders and hafeez and malik weren't even retired? Hafeez retired in 2020 after that series, Malik still isn't retired, so why even replace them?

Malik and Hafeez were playing the CPL and it was the perfect opportunity to try something new considering it was Sri Lanka's B team. Bearing in mind we had a t20 WC coming up the following year. For a poster who likes to talk about experimentation in bilaterals you sure don't seem to have the patience to see it through. Just so you know before this series we lost:

a game to retired world XI
a series to England
a series South Africa C

Misbah wasn't coach then but Sarfraz was still the captain.
His clear strategies and game plan led to a humiliation? What strategies? Your bringing someone out of a retirement home to bowl? That's like me bringing back waqar younis in this era and asking him to bowl because the pitch supports swing? Even though waqar is retired, fat, unfit and clearly xant bowl anymore.

That's not a clear strategy or game plan, you brought a guy who was 37(Listed age but in reality irfan was clearly over 40, right now he's defo 44-45 lol)

He brings younger guys, you have a problem. He brings older guys and you have a problem. Maybe it's your hate that's the problem?

Also if you're gonna criticize him for selecting Irfan, give him credit for selecting a Hasnain and Musa. Also a young Naseem for tests in Australia.

Irfan btw was more impactful and economical than both Amir and Wahab in that series.

So his solution is imam? Lol. Yes clearly we need 6 match winners, who misbah believes are shehzad, irfan, akmal and Imam who he labelled as his match winners.

Experimentation my friend, please add this to to your list of words to do homework on.

He did get it right once he promoted Rizwan to open. Something that even the countless coaches, consultants and management that came after him supported.

Another loony toon reply.

As I said earlier your indegnuous about having a cricketing conversation and just want to point score and have the last word and argue for the sake of it. Maybe it's some sort of trauma coping mechanism for you that yaay you're right cause you wrote an essay.

You realize your logic makes no sense? So he gave Sarfraz a chance for an easy series and he failed to perform. Was Sarfraz's destiny in the hands of Shehzad or Akmal? And do you believe they deliberately underperformed because Misbah said so? If thats the case why wrre they discarded as well. Lol 😂 man you're too creative , lay off the greens.

Sarfraz didn't have any noteworthy performances prior to the WC. He also wasn't up tot he mark in the warm ups. Kudos to him for making it count when he got his chance

Who were these better younger openers? We had Fakhar play all the games, he was out of touch so was Babar. Only person I can think of that was hard done by Misbah's decision in that series is Rizwan

Imad, Amir, Sarfraz all are irrelevant because you have Misbah to blame. Didn't you once say it's a team game? The whole team got exposed.

Malik and Hafeez were playing the CPL and it was the perfect opportunity to try something new considering it was Sri Lanka's B team. Bearing in mind we had a t20 WC coming up the following year. For a poster who likes to talk about experimentation in bilaterals you sure don't seem to have the patience to see it through. Just so you know before this series we lost:

a game to retired world XI
a series to England
a series South Africa C

Misbah wasn't coach then but Sarfraz was still the captain.

He brings younger guys, you have a problem. He brings older guys and you have a problem. Maybe it's your hate that's the problem?

Also if you're gonna criticize him for selecting Irfan, give him credit for selecting a Hasnain and Musa. Also a young Naseem for tests in Australia.

Irfan btw was more impactful and economical than both Amir and Wahab in that series.

Experimentation my friend, please add this to to your list of words to do homework on.

He did get it right once he promoted Rizwan to open. Something that even the countless coaches, consultants and management that came after him supported.

As I said earlier your indegnuous about having a cricketing conversation and just want to point score and have the last word and argue for the sake of it. Maybe it's some sort of trauma coping mechanism for you that yaay you're right cause you wrote an essay.
1) He put akmal and shehzad in crucial positions knowing full well they wouldn't perform not with shehzad's 126 sr, they were 2 walking wickets.

2) What are you talking about? He was the star player in the Australian series both odi and test and was the best batsmen dueing the NZ t20 series.

His test performance and keeping alone should have warranted a place > Janshed and akmal who were failures as keeper and jamshed who couldn't even get a double digit score in those 6 matches.

See this is what I'm talking about stage 0, you're so obsessed with Misbah that you view him as a god, you don't even try to acknowledge that he as a human being is capable of making mistakes.

You view each and every single one of his actions as the right decison as if misbah holds some sort of gospel, the whole god damn planet was telling him, Sarfraz > Akmal, Or sarfraz > jamshed, they told him verbatim 24/7 in every match but his stubbornness for having the audacity to state jamshed wasn't given enough chances.

Bro what chances? He's been front runner since 2012, with declining form and fitness, faiked to even hold onto a single catch fielding wise and it's a goddammit world cup, wdym by experimenting and giving chance?

3) Better younger openers from domestic, and didn't kamran akmal perform the best in 2019 PSL? Why wasn't he brought back if Misbah cares about performances, again please tell me how did shehzad or akmal perform in the psl and warrant comebacks? How on earth can a 126 sr and 134 sr bat be allowed to come back in t20?

4) it's irrelevant to this discussion since we're talking about misbah's coaching decisions, his players that he brought back failed and he knew they'd fail, when onnearth have you ever heard of shehzad and akmal ever having success stories or being able to turn it around after their dropped from the squad. Shehzad got dropped in 2016, when he made a comeback he still failed, same case for akmal. Why can't misbah the data analyst see or view it as such? Why does every single average Joe make better decisions then he does?

5) He didn't TRY ANYONE NEW, he tried 2 past failures who had the biggest drama bazi ego on social media?

6) And where are husnain and Musa now? Where are they? Where have they gone off to? In the wilderness?

7) No, he brings younger guys and makes them his damn vice captain, or he brings young guys and decides to persistently bat them at no 3 despite having a sr of 65 and avg of 24(asad shafiq) or decides to bring people like fawad alan back only to discard them for ypunis Khan of all people.

8) Hate? What's their not to Hate? The results speak for themselves, under misbah our era was so bad, that they were dubbed the dark days, despite prior to misbah, Afridi's team managed to beat an all star Sri lanka and only lost to the strongest team of the tournament in semi finals. And after misbah's departure we won ct 2017 lol.

Im white ball cricket we were a joke, in icc tournaments, Misbah led us to the worst ever ct performance in pakiatan history and led us to an abysmal wc 2015 that pnly sarfraz and wahab managed to save for him otherwise the humiliation we recieved from Zimbabwe and west indies lol, This is the same man who decided that against Zimbabwe its a good idea to send khusdil shah in a super over and lead us to a loss.

And don't even get me started on 2007 botch and mohali, name one insistence where misbah has led to succesful results in white ball cricket Post 2012? 3 years of torture as a captain and 2 more years of torture as a coach, please tell me what's their to like? Or are you consistent gonna hold onto 2012 for dear life?

9) Rizwan opening has been the worst thing ever for Pakistan, this man cost us asia cup 2022, had a miserable 2022 t20 wc, when has rizwan ever won any t20 match for us barring c string scores against minnows or c string sides? Even the biggest loyal supporters of misbah here don't want rizwan to open in t20 anymore besides you and major ofcourse.

Pakistan’s wicketkeeper batter Mohammad Rizwan is nearing another milestone in his remarkable career as the Green Shirts prepare to host New Zealand for a five-match T20I series.

Rizwan, who made his T20I debut against Bangladesh in 2015, is on the verge of breaking Virat Kohli and Babar Azam’s record of becoming the fastest player to score 3,000 runs in T20I cricket.

Kohli and Babar both completed 3,000 runs in the shorter format in 81 innings each in 2021 and 2022 respectively against the same opponent, England.

Rizwan, 31, has amassed 2,981 runs in 78 T20I innings so far and he is just 19 runs away from becoming the fastest player to score 3,000 runs in T20I cricket, overtaking Kohli and Babar.

While doing so, he would also become just the second Pakistani to cross the 3000-run mark in T20I cricket as only Babar (3,698) has accumulated more runs than the 31-year-old for Pakistan.

It is evident that haters of Rizwan/Babar are actually haters of Pakistan and lovers of India. Nothing wrong with this until said haters masquerade themselves as the Pakistan supporters, only to expose themselves as Indian supporters. I mean no one, and I mean no one would want Azam Khan as opener, Sharjeel, Imad and yes, Asif Ali as captain. It’s all for the giggles and a wind up.

Look no further than the commentary threads during the WC, where the precise 4 attacking Rizwan/Babar in this thread were rooting for India to win the WC and Pakistan to lose all matches - while high fiving each other.

Sarfraz did us proud in CT17, but he is to blame for his own downfall. Everything from fitness, performances, his demeanour on and off the field, to commanding respect on the field - he blew it. Though credit to him for admitting Rizwan is the better player.

It is evident that haters of Rizwan/Babar are actually haters of Pakistan and lovers of India. Nothing wrong with this until said haters masquerade themselves as the Pakistan supporters, only to expose themselves as Indian supporters. I mean no one, and I mean no one would want Azam Khan as opener, Sharjeel, Imad and yes, Asif Ali as captain. It’s all for the giggles and a wind up.

Look no further than the commentary threads during the WC, where the precise 4 attacking Rizwan/Babar in this thread were rooting for India to win the WC and Pakistan to lose all matches - while high fiving each other.

Sarfraz did us proud in CT17, but he is to blame for his own downfall. Everything from fitness, performances, his demeanour on and off the field, to commanding respect on the field - he blew it. Though credit to him for admitting Rizwan is the better player.
Perfectly said. Agree with Evey word. As I have said they bend over backwards for India but expect us to believe they are Pakistani fans.

Pakistan’s wicketkeeper batter Mohammad Rizwan is nearing another milestone in his remarkable career as the Green Shirts prepare to host New Zealand for a five-match T20I series.

Rizwan, who made his T20I debut against Bangladesh in 2015, is on the verge of breaking Virat Kohli and Babar Azam’s record of becoming the fastest player to score 3,000 runs in T20I cricket.

Kohli and Babar both completed 3,000 runs in the shorter format in 81 innings each in 2021 and 2022 respectively against the same opponent, England.

Rizwan, 31, has amassed 2,981 runs in 78 T20I innings so far and he is just 19 runs away from becoming the fastest player to score 3,000 runs in T20I cricket, overtaking Kohli and Babar.

While doing so, he would also become just the second Pakistani to cross the 3000-run mark in T20I cricket as only Babar (3,698) has accumulated more runs than the 31-year-old for Pakistan.
can't really compare virat's 3000 to rizwan's 3000
virat has been playing full strength teams and rizwan has been playing C/D teams

Rizwan fans are not Pakistan fans.

I said this in 2019, when I cared for Pakistan.

Bro to be fair I can't even remember what series we have won or lost since 2019

But I remember we lost worldcup 23 asia cup 23
World t20 22 asiacup 22 and have not won any tournament since ct17

Series wins don't mean anything people forget them after few months unless its a big win like Australia vs australia in Australia
We didn't lose 2-0 test series in UAE in 2017, 5-0 in NZ 2018, 3-0 test series in SA 2019, 4-0 ODI series to Aus in UAE 2019, 4-0 2019 to England in England and we definitely won the world cup 2019 under the greatest captain of all time who was MOM in every game we won during his captaincy. Pretty amazing numbers for the greatest wicketkeeper batter and captain of all time.

Sorry I meant mickey, Sarfraz wasn't a fam of kamran akmal being in the team and opening, he made it very clear he didn't want kamran akmal to open or be in the team as a fielder irrespective of psl form, he had to give way due to mickey insistence, but he stopped listening to mickey by 2017
tbh when fakhar zaman was first picked for the 2017 tour to WI, the whole management had given signals that they wanted to use him as a finisher and have him bat in the middle order before a single match had been played. That was even on cricinfo.
Fakhar got the opening spot in CT in the match against SA only because Ahmed Shehzad had upset Mickey too much with his disinterested attitude throughout the India match (dropped catches, jalebi fielding, batting without intention to go for chase) and Fakhar was the only spare batter in the team. Haris Sohail and Umar Amin were called to the NCA as standbys afterwards and if i remember correctly Haris was eventually sent. Just like Rumman wasn't in the original squad but was sent after Wahab provided that beautiful bowling display in the opening encounter vs India going for something around 100+

We didn't lose 2-0 test series in UAE in 2017, 5-0 in NZ 2018, 3-0 test series in SA 2019, 4-0 ODI series to Aus in UAE 2019, 4-0 2019 to England in England and we definitely won the world cup 2019 under the greatest captain of all time who was MOM in every game we won during his captaincy. Pretty amazing numbers for the greatest wicketkeeper batter and captain of all time.
But he can't remember poor guy. Sarfaraz bar 1 year or so was a rubbish in Evey aspect.

Sarfraz as captain

1) Decided fakhar should open over shehzad even though azhar made fakhar bat at 4-6 when fakhsr made his debut.

2) In his first t20 series was the one who figured out imad shpuld open the bowling which resulted in one of his best eco and wicket taking figures, azhar never did that.

3) in 2016 hafeez was still a no 3 with Bobby being a no 4, Sarfi made the decision to have hafeez as a no 4 and stated his decision was due to hafeez's spin bash ability.

4) He also decided to replace yasir shah for Shadab( at the time sheddy was a good spin bowler) despite misbah and azhar's insistence to have yasir shah be his frontline spinner.

5) He also didn't treat Amir with the same fixing nonsense, he let his ego aside for ct win, and ge frequently rested bowlers. He rested Amir against england because he wanted Amir to be gun in the final, infact he rested and rotated all his pacers in CT to avoid any injuries.

6) He's also ironically the one who figured out along with mickey that babar should be a no 3 due to anchoring with the rest of the team being strikers who attack around him.

In response babar as a captain

- Kept playing the same winning 11, which resulted in almost all of our pacers getting injured and unfit, Naseem got blown away, shaheen got injured and was rushed back due to baabr's stubbornness, Rauf became unfit.

- Had the entire team become overweight and unfit with cake videos to the point that none of our pacers had the stamina to bowl 10 overs and became run machines.

- Decided LAST MINUTE that Abdullah shafiq should be his frontline opener in wc despite him playing only 7 List A games yet he refused to take saim ayub as an opener for lack of experience even though saim has more experience then Abdullah.

- Made saim play at no 4 and had a terribly unbalanced t20 middle order due to his insistence that middle order bats should open in t20 and openers should bat in the middle order in t20.

- Made shadab and Nawaz his match winners despite the 2 of them having the worst possible asoa Cup imaginable, he trusted them and refused to take abrar our best test spinner due to having a major ego problem.

- decided nawaz a guy who's wicketless should bowl and take the last wicket against sa even though we required only one wicket, why he didn't give his over to a wicket taking bowler? Idk.

- Decided saud shakeel shpuld be his No 5, infact for the sa game he sent saud at no 6 lol.

Now I can kindly go over misbah as well lol
Babar has his faults and isn't really a good captain in my eyes so I'm not going to be defending his captaincy here.

1. But going over the points, Babar scored 3 consecutive centuries against WI in UAE when Hafeez was dropped under Azhar Ali's stint and also batted at no.3 in the Australian series where Azhar and Hafeez captained the team. (Hafeez played as an opener). Hafeez batted at no.3 in the first ODI against WI (Sarfraz's first series as captain) and copped heavy criticism for demoting Babar when Hafeez slowed down in the middle and Babar struggled to get going. Hafeez eventually scored something of a 88 off 93 balls or something, but the criticism was too much and the management decided to put Babar in at 3 again. I doubt it was Sarfraz's vision as Babar had been batting at 3 in the 2 previous ODI series.

2. Imad was opening the bowling in the NZ t20i series under Shahid Afridi's captaincy in 2016. And we all know Afridi was never a tactical genius. It wasn't Sarfraz's masterstroke either.

3. Yasir was injured during that 2018 England and Ireland tour where Shadab played as the sole spinner because Shadab was Mickey's favorite. Mickey lobbied for Shadab to be picked for 2nd test in WI 2017 (Misbah was captain in that series) as well which was the first instance for Pakistan of playing 2 leggies in the same test since Afridi and Kaneria in 2010. That 2017 test match in WI was Shadab's debut.

bro i haven't got a clue what your talking about

But he can't remember poor guy. Sarfaraz bar 1 year or so was a rubbish in Evey aspect.
I have nothing against Sarfraz as he doesn't go all vitriolic in tv shows and maintained his dignity when he was sacked from captaincy after 2019 wc and kept silent. But I just find the nonsense of his cultists extremely annoying when they try to make him look like Einstein.

this discussion isn't for kids who have just started watching cricket

sarfaraz averages
54 in 2016
38 in 2017,
24 in 2018 (bad year)
37 in 2019

rizwans averages
19 in 2016, (bad year)
17 in 2017, (bad year)
49 in 2019,
8 in 2020 (bad year)
22 in 2021 (bad year)
33 in 2022 (bad year)
63 in 2023

seems like rizwan is the rubbish one who can only get a decent average after 3 years that too after playing C/D teams
because Sarfraz only had 1 bad year don't remember him inflating averages vs C/D Teams

you should ask chatgpt to rephrase it for you and post it again please, i've not got the slightest idea what you had just said
that was a slight sarcastic tone but nvm. If you still don't understand, you might have a learning disorder or just refusing to accept that Pak got whitewashed 5 times under Sarfraz's run as captain in 2 years.

that was a slight sarcastic tone but nvm. If you still don't understand, you might have a learning disorder or just refusing to accept that Pak got whitewashed 5 times under Sarfraz's run as captain in 2 years.
no i wasn't being sarcastic everything is just mushed up its nothing to do with learning disorder, maybe your should present it better.

sarfaraz averages
54 in 2016
38 in 2017,
24 in 2018 (bad year)
37 in 2019

rizwans averages
19 in 2016, (bad year)
17 in 2017, (bad year)
49 in 2019,
8 in 2020 (bad year)
22 in 2021 (bad year)
33 in 2022 (bad year)
63 in 2023

seems like rizwan is the rubbish one who can only get a decent average after 3 years that too after playing C/D teams
because Sarfraz only had 1 bad year don't remember him inflating averages vs C/D Teams

When we were number 1 in T20s the biggest criticism of Sarfraz was that we were playing B/C teams.

Also what format are you referring to for the above averages

When we were number 1 in T20s the biggest criticism of Sarfraz was that we were playing B/C teams.

CT17 is being discussed i'm guessing its odi everyone is talking about

You gave a year by year break down of averages not just for CT17
bro follow the conversation don't just butt in half way through and come up with some random stuff

i was discussing CT17, then someone come up with year by year stats discussion, and my replay was to that person who come up with year by year discussion

bro we are discussing odi i don't know why your bringing in t20's stick to topic

sarfaraz averages
54 in 2016
38 in 2017,
24 in 2018 (bad year)
37 in 2019

rizwans averages
19 in 2016, (bad year)
17 in 2017, (bad year)
49 in 2019,
8 in 2020 (bad year)
22 in 2021 (bad year)
33 in 2022 (bad year)
63 in 2023

Hahah. Why ignore Sarfraz's 2007, 08,10,13,21. Doesn't suit your agenda? For rizwan you listed all his years and for srafraz you ignored them. Expected really from someone who is always caught making things up.

1) He put akmal and shehzad in crucial positions knowing full well they wouldn't perform not with shehzad's 126 sr, they were 2 walking wickets.

2) What are you talking about? He was the star player in the Australian series both odi and test and was the best batsmen dueing the NZ t20 series.

His test performance and keeping alone should have warranted a place > Janshed and akmal who were failures as keeper and jamshed who couldn't even get a double digit score in those 6 matches.

See this is what I'm talking about stage 0, you're so obsessed with Misbah that you view him as a god, you don't even try to acknowledge that he as a human being is capable of making mistakes.

You view each and every single one of his actions as the right decison as if misbah holds some sort of gospel, the whole god damn planet was telling him, Sarfraz > Akmal, Or sarfraz > jamshed, they told him verbatim 24/7 in every match but his stubbornness for having the audacity to state jamshed wasn't given enough chances.

Bro what chances? He's been front runner since 2012, with declining form and fitness, faiked to even hold onto a single catch fielding wise and it's a goddammit world cup, wdym by experimenting and giving chance?

3) Better younger openers from domestic, and didn't kamran akmal perform the best in 2019 PSL? Why wasn't he brought back if Misbah cares about performances, again please tell me how did shehzad or akmal perform in the psl and warrant comebacks? How on earth can a 126 sr and 134 sr bat be allowed to come back in t20?

4) it's irrelevant to this discussion since we're talking about misbah's coaching decisions, his players that he brought back failed and he knew they'd fail, when onnearth have you ever heard of shehzad and akmal ever having success stories or being able to turn it around after their dropped from the squad. Shehzad got dropped in 2016, when he made a comeback he still failed, same case for akmal. Why can't misbah the data analyst see or view it as such? Why does every single average Joe make better decisions then he does?

5) He didn't TRY ANYONE NEW, he tried 2 past failures who had the biggest drama bazi ego on social media?

6) And where are husnain and Musa now? Where are they? Where have they gone off to? In the wilderness?

7) No, he brings younger guys and makes them his damn vice captain, or he brings young guys and decides to persistently bat them at no 3 despite having a sr of 65 and avg of 24(asad shafiq) or decides to bring people like fawad alan back only to discard them for ypunis Khan of all people.

8) Hate? What's their not to Hate? The results speak for themselves, under misbah our era was so bad, that they were dubbed the dark days, despite prior to misbah, Afridi's team managed to beat an all star Sri lanka and only lost to the strongest team of the tournament in semi finals. And after misbah's departure we won ct 2017 lol.

Im white ball cricket we were a joke, in icc tournaments, Misbah led us to the worst ever ct performance in pakiatan history and led us to an abysmal wc 2015 that pnly sarfraz and wahab managed to save for him otherwise the humiliation we recieved from Zimbabwe and west indies lol, This is the same man who decided that against Zimbabwe its a good idea to send khusdil shah in a super over and lead us to a loss.

And don't even get me started on 2007 botch and mohali, name one insistence where misbah has led to succesful results in white ball cricket Post 2012? 3 years of torture as a captain and 2 more years of torture as a coach, please tell me what's their to like? Or are you consistent gonna hold onto 2012 for dear life?

9) Rizwan opening has been the worst thing ever for Pakistan, this man cost us asia cup 2022, had a miserable 2022 t20 wc, when has rizwan ever won any t20 match for us barring c string scores against minnows or c string sides? Even the biggest loyal supporters of misbah here don't want rizwan to open in t20 anymore besides you and major ofcourse.

So you don't want top order batters to play at the top? Again they were brought back on their domestic performances, not just PSL. They got their chance, failed and were discarded again. It's not like Misbah persisted with them due to some ego or put down Sarfraz as you're making it seem. Also who were these younger better openers that we should have tried?

And not sure why you're bringing up test and t20i performances for an ODI World Cup. You're confused about formats and this shows across all your posts. In ODIs Sarfraz wasn't performing until he got his chance in the 2015 world cup.

And who were the pundits that you keep referring to that were telling him to play Sarfraz over Jamshed and Akmal? In hindsight everything becomes clear but in the moment it wasn't and there were many factors that went into play for choosing the squad and XI. I think the biggest culprit was YK who took up a deserving place due to his crying and blackmailing. If he wasn't there maybe Sarfraz would've gotten a chance earlier.

Mohali and 2007 have been discussed to death so I'm not even sure why you're differing to those when so deep into the argument. This is what I mean, you go all over the place when cornered. It's waste of time discussing a whole decade of cricket with you when you can't even differentiate between formats

bro follow the conversation don't just butt in half way through and come up with some random stuff

i was discussing CT17, then someone come up with year by year stats discussion, and my replay was to that person who come up with year by year discussion

I tried following, it seems you're the one who's confused and asking posters to rephrase stuff in chat gpt and then you went on to post random stats. I just asked for some context for these stats and you said CT17 lol.

Hahah. Why ignore Sarfraz's 2007, 08,10,13,21. Doesn't suit your agenda? For rizwan you listed all his years and for srafraz you ignored them. Expected really from someone who is always caught making things up.
Stop diverting the conversation as usual

His 2007 stats don't matter because rizwan wasn't in the scene those days

rizwan only started playing from 2015 and what's it to compare in 2015 when they both had same average

2021 sarfaraz only played 1 game after a year or so he wasn't even a permanent member of the team

sarfaraz averages
54 in 2016
38 in 2017,
24 in 2018 (bad year)
37 in 2019

rizwans averages
19 in 2016, (bad year)
17 in 2017, (bad year)
49 in 2019,
8 in 2020 (bad year)
22 in 2021 (bad year)
33 in 2022 (bad year)
63 in 2023

Rizwan was rightfully a bench warmer in Sarfaraz’s main years. Even when given a long rope, anyone who has watched enough cricket can tell the guy is mediocre

I tried following, it seems you're the one who's confused and asking posters to rephrase stuff in chat gpt and then you went on to post random stats. I just asked for some context for these stats and you said CT17 lol.
if its too difficult for you to follow what's going on just keep out of it then don't need you to come in with random stuff that are not related to the conversation

rizwan only started playing from 2015 and what's it to compare in 2015 when they both had same average

2021 sarfaraz only played 1 game after a year or so he wasn't even a permanent member of the team

just by adding HAHAHA in your post don't make you right just makes you a joker

Sarfraz previous years don't matter because rizwan wasn't there lol. Once again your lie has been caught. Give a rest.

Rizwan was rightfully a bench warmer in Sarfaraz’s main years. Even when given a long rope, anyone who has watched enough cricket can tell the guy is mediocre
Medicore Rizwan has ended sarfraz's career and medicore lawrie Evans ended sarfraz Psl this year. If mediocre players like them play ahead of him then he must be just about European cricket league quality.

Medicore Rizwan has ended sarfraz's career and medicore lawrie Evans ended sarfraz Psl this year. If mediocre players like them play ahead of him then he must be just about European cricket league quality.
Who is overall the better cricketer, Sarfaraz or Lawrie Evens?

Sarfraz previous years don't matter because rizwan wasn't there lol. Once again your lie has been caught. Give a rest.
explain why would you want to compare 2 players who have played in different era's when you can compare them when they both played in the same era

explain why would you want to compare 2 players who have played in different era's when you can compare them when they both played in the same era
I said sarfraz was rubbish bar 1 year did I say in the same time frame as rizwan? Get help from chat gpt to help you translate.

if its too difficult for you to follow what's going on just keep out of it then don't need you to come in with random stuff that are not related to the conversation

Maybe you could do a better job explaining and posting stuff with context rather than random stats

Rizwan is clearly a better batter than Sarfraz.
Babar is a better batter than Iyer and I think most indians would agree.

Kind of crazy this thread has almost 4 pages.

Rizwan is a better batsmen than Sarfraz ever was. Players and analysts from other countries know this, PSL franchises know this, our selection committee knows this, and even Sarfraz knows this. It’s not that complicated.

lol nice try sarfraz, alot of people failed to pick the subtle remark..

“When I was playing, the performance was almost alike. [It’s just that] when you play consistently, your confidence grows.”

Basically he is giving his reasoning that Rizwan is performing because he is being given chance consistently and when he was also a regular his confidence also grew.

lol, nice try by the Sarfraz Fans who are trying to show Sarfraz as if he is Mother Teresa.

Sarfraz is going down the Akmal path. Not accepting that he was fat, unfit and couldn't perform and have this victim mentality. Even not he victim blames and cant accept it.

he was a regular in QUetta, yet he lost his spot even as captain.

Rizwan was never a regular, and had to work his butt off. The difference between Rizwan and Sarfraz is the mentality. Even though back at Peshawar Region Rizwan was performing, but he kept on adapting his game and upgrading his skills. Infact, he was not even a full time keeper, but became one knowing its a requirement and he became a very good keeper. He made alot of changes in his batting. He even changed his PSL teams.

I have seen Sarfraz act as a victim since the start of his career. He never really improved himself or tried to change his game. If he got dropped or didnt get selected, he would cry foul. Afridi laid it straight to him, that whats the point of working on your fitness after getting dropped, why couldnt you had bothered to work on it when you were in the team.

These people take their spots for granted, lose games for Pakistan and than when they get dropped, act as victims. He will one day even criticized QG subtle aswell.
Sarfraz was very good in the low and slow pitches in UAE, but he failed in almost every tour in SENA. Rizwan succeeded in SENA almost immediately.

He also has continually improved his game, as you described, and is a far far better keeper than any Pakistani wicket keeper we have had in recent times. He also remains the fittest player in the team, as made obvious by the recent fitness tests at the camp all of the players attended.

Can’t wait for the Aussies to bring that average down into the 20s
What kind of cut and pull does Rizwan play against proper fast bowlers? Not the Sri Lanka/Bangladesh 4th seamers…I’m talking about proper international standard bowlers. Australia will serve Starc, Hazlewood, Cummins and Boland

Who is Rizwan going to cut and pull successfully?

You’ve predicted Rizwan would fail in Australia despite him being one of our best batsmen in both tours. Then when he almost scored as many runs in one shot against Hazelwood as Sarfraz did in the entire first match you went running away into hiding.

Sarfraz was very good in the low and slow pitches in UAE, but he failed in almost every tour in SENA. Rizwan succeeded in SENA almost immediately.

Saifi's strike rate was always a concern even on slow pitches. He was a good Test batter but he never became a white-ball player in his career.

Saifi's strike rate was always a concern even on slow pitches. He was a good Test batter but he never became a white-ball player in his career.
Sarfraz was never a good boundary hitter. He got criticism for that before. He was very good at singles which in my opinion is no surprise his performance went down as his fitness went down. He’s not like Sharjeel or Azam who just stand there and hit with power (not saying I rate them but he isn’t that sort of player). That’s why he couldnt afford losing fitness. It affected his keeping too. Kamran fans used to moan about this who obviously had far more power behind his shots.

In a lot of ways they are similar style players. But Rizwan works harder, better keeper, better fitness and as a result now puts out more with the bat.

I actually think Sarfraz could have even turned out a better version of Rizwan had he worked as hard and kept himself fit as he’s probably more talented.

How hard is it to be a better T20 batsman than Babar Azam?
That’s the problem. No one in our Pakistan history of t20 has achieved this yet. Maybe other nations can do it but it’s tough for us. Haven’t even done it in PSL either.

That’s the problem. No one in our Pakistan history of t20 has achieved this yet. Maybe other nations can do it but it’s tough for us. Haven’t even done it in PSL either.
Usman Khan scored 150 runs less than him and was clearly a much better T20 batsman than Babar.

Usman Khan scored 150 runs less than him and was clearly a much better T20 batsman than Babar.
He was better than Babar last season, hats off to him. But it’s one season. Have to wait till he does it multiple seasons and in internationals before calling him better.

He was better than Babar last season, hats off to him. But it’s one season. Have to wait till he does it multiple seasons and in internationals before calling him better.
Jake Fraser McGurk hasn’t played hardly any International cricket.

I think he is a better T20 batter than Babar too.

Lol look who's talking. At least the concerned poster sticks to the topic
The irony is how you claimed babar and rizwan's average to me in the past and talked about their stats but whenever context was brought up you ignored it amd pretended it never existed.

Now he brings up stats and you ask for context?

So you don't want top order batters to play at the top? Again they were brought back on their domestic performances, not just PSL. They got their chance, failed and were discarded again. It's not like Misbah persisted with them due to some ego or put down Sarfraz as you're making it seem. Also who were these younger better openers that we should have tried?

And not sure why you're bringing up test and t20i performances for an ODI World Cup. You're confused about formats and this shows across all your posts. In ODIs Sarfraz wasn't performing until he got his chance in the 2015 world cup.

And who were the pundits that you keep referring to that were telling him to play Sarfraz over Jamshed and Akmal? In hindsight everything becomes clear but in the moment it wasn't and there were many factors that went into play for choosing the squad and XI. I think the biggest culprit was YK who took up a deserving place due to his crying and blackmailing. If he wasn't there maybe Sarfraz would've gotten a chance earlier.

Mohali and 2007 have been discussed to death so I'm not even sure why you're differing to those when so deep into the argument. This is what I mean, you go all over the place when cornered. It's waste of time discussing a whole decade of cricket with you when you can't even differentiate between formats
No, I don't want shehzad and akmal 2 proven failures to fail at the top. The whole world hated these 2 clowns coming back, yet misbah brings them back? Who does this guy think he is? To ignore millions of fan sentiment?

Again you're shifting the goal post, he could have tried people from the Under 19 unit or other domestic performers, I'll look up the domestic stats, I haven't yet, but he could have tried them, I guarantee you akmal amd shehzad are not our domestic top performers from 2019 lol.

But regardless the point was malik amd hafeez are allrounders, based of what merit is an opening batsmen and middle order batsmen replacing them? Why aren't genuine allrounders replacing them?

2) he was the top scorer in the Pakistan vs Australia ODI SERIES, had the highest avg of 43 and the highest sr in that series as well. It was also our 2nd last series that we played before the cup, Sarfraz was gun at opening, yet for no reason the last series we played before the cup against Sri Lanka, Misbah shoved sarfraz down to 7, and then discarded him next game for no reason.

Where on earth did you get this non performance from?

3) Everyone literally everyone, their dozens of dozens of interviews, you want me to fetch stuff from nearly a decade ago. I will do so, no doubt just like I fetched the Pakistan vs Australia odi series, I'll fetch the domestic performances and the interview.

4) That's a lie, I'm talking about the Pakistan vs Australia odi series, and you know damn well what in talking about. I brought up mohali and 2007 to show more of heroes' failures.

No, I don't want shehzad and akmal 2 proven failures to fail at the top. The whole world hated these 2 clowns coming back, yet misbah brings them back? Who does this guy think he is? To ignore millions of fan sentiment? How are fans superior in IQ to this moron?

Again you're shifting the goal post, he could have tried people from the Under 19 unit or other domestic performers, I'll look up the domestic stats, I haven't yet, but he could have tried them, I guarantee you akmal amd shehzad are not our domestic top performers from 2019 lol.

But regardless the point was malik amd hafeez are allrounders, based of what merit is an opening batsmen and middle order batsmen replacing them? Why aren't genuine allrounders replacing them?

2) That's where you constantly rat, he was the top scorer in the Pakistan vs Australia ODI SERIES, had the highest avg of 43 and the highest sr in that series as well. It was also our 2nd last series that we played before the cup, Sarfraz was gun at opening, yet for no reason the last series we played before the cup against Sri Lanka, Misbah shoved sarfraz down to 7, and then discarded him next game for no reason.

Where on earth did you get this non performance from?

3) Everyone literally everyone, their dozens of dozens of interviews, again you're being a rat because you want me to fetch stuff from nearly a decade ago. I will do so, no doubt just like I fetched the Pakistan vs Australia odi series and caught you red handed, I'll fetch the domestic performances and the interview and catch you in your 3rd lie.

4) That's a lie, I'm talking about the Pakistan vs Australia odi series, and you know damn well what in talking about you rat. I brought up mohali and 2007 to show more of your heroes failures.

3 lies in a row from your mouth. When will you start speaking the truth?

I don't know how you keep thinking you're winning this argument when all you're doing is arguing for the sake of it. Anyways since you won't believe me here's a quote from Sarfraz:

""Congratulations to Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad for making comebacks. Both are very talented players and have made spots in the team for themselves with performances. It's good for Pakistan that players who have done well in the past have an opporunity again. As a captain, I will try to give them maximum chances. They are players who can win you matches when they stay at the crease. I wish them the best and hope they perform well for Pakistan. Players can be in and out but now they are back. I think they can play well for Pakistan. In my team QG, they played an important part in our victories. I am hopeful that they will perform well for the team"

Both were supported by not just Misbah but Sarfraz as well :salute

The irony is how you claimed babar and rizwan's average to me in the past and talked about their stats but whenever context was brought up you ignored it amd pretended it never existed.

Now he brings up stats and you ask for context? No wonder all misbah fans are hypocrites

Can you tell me when have I quoted any stats without context?

Back