1st ODI: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, Abu Dhabi [Updates]

Easa

Senior Test Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Match is due to begin in approximately 2 and a half hours, at the Sheikh Zaye d stadium. Temperatures are supposed to be 40+ degrees celcius. Pakistan will have a point to prove after their dismal WC showing, while Sri Lanka will look at this series to see how well they can cope without several of their big guns.

Pakistan (from)
Abdul Razzaq, Abdur Rehman, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Imran Nazir, wicket-keeperKamran Akmal, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Yousuf, Najaf Shah, Salman Butt, Shahid Afridi, captainShoaib Malik, Umar Gul, Yasir Hameed

Sri Lanka
(from)
MKDI Amerasinghe, CM Bandara, TM Dilshan, CRD Fernando, ST Jayasuriya, captainDPMD Jayawardene, wicket-keeperHAPW Jayawardene, CK Kapugedera, KS Lokuarachchi, MF Maharoof, SL Malinga, PDRL Perera, LPC Silva, WU Tharanga, BSM Warnapura

2 Hours 22 minutes remaining to the start of a brand new era... looking forward to this match..

Project Nazir back in motion!

Hopefully Fawad alam is given a go..if he plays we could potentially have 1 of our best fielding units playing:
Afridi
Nazir
Alam
Malik

However no decent slip fielders

hope to see a friendly enviornment in the ground , among different players...

The ground itself is one of the best in modern day cricket, let's hope we can make it our second home just like Sharjah.

snazir6 said:
Hopefully Fawad alam is given a go..if he plays we could potentially have 1 of our best fielding units playing:
Afridi
Nazir
Alam
Malik

However no decent slip fielders
Shame theres no Farhat then :D

We'll probably shove Butt and Hameed there. Maybe Malik although his speed across the turf makes him ideal in the covers

I have a feeling Alam will sit out today, and Razzaq will play in his place. Ideally, I'd have both playing but somehow I don't think thats going to be happening.

im about to leave to the stadium in a bit.

if you guys see a really white guy wearing the pakistan 99 wc jersey then thats me

musti said:

if you guys see a really white guy wearing the pakistan 99 wc jersey then thats me

is that cos your:

a) really fair
b) got suntan on
c) got a shiittt load of tibet on :))

hasbeen said:
is that cos your:

a) really fair
b) got suntan on
c) got a shiittt load of tibet on :))

haha no...its just cuz im really fair

Daoud said:
Shame theres no Farhat then :D

We'll probably shove Butt and Hameed there. Maybe Malik although his speed across the turf makes him ideal in the covers

Please don't use two words next to each other again....I get weird thoughts

aamir abbasi said:
temperature in abudhabi right now is 49 C. God bless these teams

i thought both countries were use to these cond. Pakistan reach these temperatures dont they.

team bowling first will die in this heat.

its not 49 actually...it only gets that hot here around mid july.

its about 38 c right now, and believe it or not, its not that bad, theres always a nice breeze blowing across the stadium.

musti said:

I'll be looking for you.

musti said:
its not 49 actually...it only gets that hot here around mid july.

its about 38 c right now, and believe it or not, its not that bad, theres always a nice breeze blowing across the stadium.

The temperature in the outdoors IS close to 50C - the regular tempertures reported are recorded in shaded conditions.

musti said:

will you draw my name on your face? it's just, my mum will be proud..

Its 38°C in Abu Dhabi right now with 18% humidity.

Exactly 1 hour and 6 minutes left now.

MIG said:
The temperature in the outdoors IS close to 50C - the regular tempertures reported are recorded in shaded conditions.

Ya Allah MIG! 50C! I just came walking from a friend's house which is a considerable distance from my house. Wasn't that hot at all

I just hope that dreaded pyjama mir isn't hosting the match for always rubbish ary.

mamoo gogo said:
Please don't use two words next to each other again....I get weird thoughts
Deliberately done :p
Looks like Entra is rubbing off on me...

Fessal said:
wheres oxy for comments on pj?
No comment. I believe he is still in the UK, so may not be hosting the show - unless its from a UK STUDIO.

I dont have ARY - so I'll leave it to those watch..

srilanka won the toss and decided to bat first ................... 24 minutes to start the match.

how do i actually view the actual pictures. at the moment all i can see is a web page?

Lanka win the toss and elect to bat.

snazir6 said:
Whats team for pakistan?
Butt
Nazir
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Afridi
Razzaq
Kami
Asif
Gul
Can't remember the last one but it's not Najaf Shah :6:

It will be either sami or Rehman or Rao....i will guess at ..............Sami

intresting facts stated by waqar younis ,that the pitch is made of the soil imported from pakistan .......... so pakistani would feel at home.

Decentish team chosen by us, I would have liked to see Alam instead of Hameed though, but a good team nonetheless.

Easa said:
Decentish team chosen by us, I would have liked to see Alam instead of Hameed though, but a good team nonetheless.

I would of liked to see alam play but not instead of hameed. Then there would have been too many all rounders in the team, 3 all rounders is enough.

good team,, I wud have liked to see youngsters. Fawad and the new left arm bowler..

Easa said:

I agree but we need tro win 1st and then try the youngsters so i guess this is the best possible team

ghias said:
Butt
Nazir
Hameed
Yousuf
Malik
Afridi
Razzaq
Kami
Asif
Gul
Can't remember the last one but it's not Najaf Shah :6:

I knew they wont select Fawad or Najaf. In Pakistan nothing change whether u bring a young captain or not. The mentality is still the same.

They shd have opened with Nazir (only bcoz he got a massive 100 in the last ODI but in the long run he will be out of the team I am sure) and Hameed / Butt and Malik shd have come at No.3 then Yusuf, Fawad, Afridi, Abdul, Kami and 3 bowlers Asif, Gul and Najaf.

Imran Nazir and Sami are tried and tested failure and we shd have given entirely new players the chance to show their talent. Malik also shd have grab this opportunity and shd have come in at 3.

Sean said:
SB, what's your email addy? You didn't seem to add me this morning.

I'm online but appear offline (i can see you in my contact list). I'm off in a few mins for prayers so i'll come back after.

waste of time team!!...sami should have been dropped in favour of najaf!!...idiot selectors!! and nothing changes as usual!!

SB, can you go online for 2 secs. It's a question regarding the streaming.

Good luck to our boys in the heat - definitely would have wanted to bat first here.

Someone give some updates on Sami's pace...

it doesnt make him a good bowler

Fidel Edwards bowls quicker but has no guile just like Sami

Gooooooooooooooone! Asif gets the first wicket!
Sanath is out for 1.

1/4

kayanni said:
it doesnt make him a good bowler

Fidel Edwards bowls quicker but has no guile just like Sami

in the same way Faisal Iqbal and Farhat arent good batsman. Suck it up!

Back