1st Test: Aus v Eng [Day 1]

Sean

T20I Debutant
Runs
Starts today 10am local time and 11am AEDT.

The battle begins!
If I were Punter I would bat if i won the toss. He would not want to make the same mistake that Nasser Hussain made 4 years ago.

I guess it's time for the most anticipated series in the history of our game!

Waisay Sean do you know who'll be your 1st change bowler?

PlanetPakistan said:
I guess it's time for the most anticipated series in the history of our game!

Wrong,

Compare that to Indo-PAk series 2004!

shan said:
Wrong,

Compare that to Indo-PAk series 2004!

And look how anti-climatic that turned out to be! So many no-balls in the beginning. I was about to shut the TV off right then. But that was one of the most thrilling matches I have seen. Now lets see what happens in this game.

PlanetPakistan said:
Sorry, I have no idea.
I will be listening in class today at school and will find out about 10:30 AEDT(Australia Eastern Daylight Time).

Sean. said:
Sorry, I have no idea.
I will be listening in class today at school and will find out about 10:30 AEDT(Australia Eastern Daylight Time).
oh...it should have been a public holiday!

Stuart clark has been given the nod as the 3rd seamer, the aussies wont risk johnson in a 4 man attack as if he goes around park it increases work load on other 3, if watson was fit then johnson would have had a greater chance of playing.

England to win this by 84 runs - you heard it here first!

Amjid Javed said:
Stuart clark has been given the nod as the 3rd seamer, the aussies wont risk johnson in a 4 man attack as if he goes around park it increases work load on other 3, if watson was fit then johnson would have had a greater chance of playing.
source?

Last time i was supporting the aussies, especially after watching warne's bowling and lee's batting. This time i'm gonna go for the pommies, even though they are under dogs. I hope they arent destroyed on the fist day.

I think whoever bats first will gain a massive advantage. If our boys can win it, and bat well up to Pietersen, we could set a commanding total. I think our opening pair should suit the conditions - Strauss plays bounce very well, and Cook is always circumspect. The "bumper barrage" should be more of a problem for Australia if they pick Clark - Flintoff, Harmison and Anderson bowl at good pace. We'll only have to worry about Lee. McGrath's bouncer can be sharp, but it doesn't have that extra yard it used to.

Best of luck to both teams.

I honestly believe that the Aussies will win the series comfortably.

England will do ok but drop too many catches. That's my prediction.

it's quite amazing to see that their most experienced test batsman(Strauss) has only been around for mere 2 and a half years, even the Bangladeshi batting lineup is more experienced than that! So i reckon the only way ENG can win is by being really positive with the bat and then hope that their bowlers bowl as well as they did last year!

i dont think this is more anticipated than indo pak 2004

that series will kill this series anytime

this series could have been if vaughn,joenes and tresco were playing,

but engand are gonna get battered

ah yes!lets hope its even better than the last ashes!and hoefully Tait plays. OK COULD ANYONE HELP ME OUT, WHEN DOES THE MATCH START ACCORDING TO GMT TIME? (or more preferrebly canada time)?????

I dont think I can support a side that selects Giles over Monty, and G Jones over Read.

Travesty!

cornelius said:
ah yes!lets hope its even better than the last ashes!and hoefully Tait plays. OK COULD ANYONE HELP ME OUT, WHEN DOES THE MATCH START ACCORDING TO GMT TIME? (or more preferrebly canada time)?????
in 45 mins mate:)

cornelius said:
45 minutes,

tait was dropepd earlier on

stuart clark is playing as just announced

Giles in??? As usual safety first by Fletcher. These sort of decisions will cost England. Giles is no better then Shoaib Malik.

England 1 Andrew Strauss, 2 Alastair Cook, 3 Ian Bell, 4 Paul Collingwood, 5 Kevin Pietersen, 6 Andrew Flintoff (capt), 7 Geraint Jones (wk), 8 Ashley Giles, 9 Matthew Hoggard, 10 Steve Harmison, 11 James Anderson.

Australia 1 Matthew Hayden, 2 Justin Langer, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Damien Martyn, 5 Michael Hussey, 6 Michael Clarke, 7 Adam Gilchrist (wk), 8 Shane Warne, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Stuart Clark, 11 Glenn McGrath.

I wouild have stayed up and listened to as much of this as I could, but got to get some shut eye - off to Heathrow later:(

I'm hoping G Jones drops 6 catches, misses 2 stumpings, conceded 12 byes (including 5 runs that hit the helmet behind him) and he makes 2 Golden ducks:)

Can Giles be the Hero??

i say no.........

but then suprises do happen

what you reckon?

This is the 100th test that Warney and Pidgeon have played together.
Make it a good one! 37 minutes to go!

i honestly hope England get a pasting for dropping a class bowler like Monty for a defensive bowler like Giles

Australia win the toss and bat. Stu Clark playing instead of Johnson and Giles instead of Panesar :))) :))) :))) :)))

i wanted Sajid Mahood to play instead of Anderson and wanted Monty to play, i wanted both of them to well for England against the aussies but as they aint playing il be supporting the aussies due to the defensive England

w4s1m786 said:
i wanted Sajid Mahood to play instead of Anderson and wanted Monty to play, i wanted both of them to well for England against the aussies but as they aint playing il be supporting the aussies due to the defensive England

racist England :p

nope they aint racist but im just dissapointed that Mahmood and Monty will not play, in away i can understand Mhmood not playing due to his inconsistancy but for Monty not to play is pathetic after the way he took Pakistan apart

I dont think its racism. Just stupid favouratism and a safety first attitude

Billy Bowden and Bucknor walking out

All commentators saying playing Giles is a mistake

half a mind to support the Aussies after looking at the shambles of a team selection from England

1st ball - Harmmison. Goes straight to 2nd slip!!!

Daoud said:
Another one too. Through the slips. A real mixed bag from Harmi
What were you expecting? Poor start to the series for the big man.

if Hoggard can get swing he will cause few problems and hayden being a left hander will have trouble as Hoggard bowls well at Left handers

What a cowardly move by Fletcher. Not including Monty? I hope the darpoks lose.

0.1 Harmison to Langer, 1 wide, and it's wild and woolly, a massive wide taken by first slip. Welcome back to Australia, Steve

what a great way to start the most anticapated series in the history of the game.....

Rob H said:
What were you expecting? Poor start to the series for the big man.
He started the other Ashes brilliantly

Maiden from Hoggy

0/13 so far, and Gnome has gotten away with a couple of fluky boundaries just over the slips cordon.

Haydunce and Gnome have settled down pretty well. Harmlesson throwing down some pies at the moment, though Hoggy's started much a lot better.

This looks like a typical cracking Gabba pitch though - lots of bounce and movement with a fast outfield.

Beautiful late spring day in Brisbane. Kind of sucks being here in Boston where it's close to zero degrees centigrade...:(

Pulled away for 4, Gnome looking to play his shots.

Harrmlesson's been hit out of the attack. Anderson on now. Another pull nearly gets to the boundary, Gnome on fire though that was mishit. 3 runs.

This is one day cricket. England being smashed around the Gabba

3 more runs, Anderson leaking runs here. 10 runs so far I think.

Back