1st Test: Aus v Eng [Day 1]

BroskiBeat said:
yeah im watching it on willow too works out about 4 dollars a days play not bad, 4 more to ponting hes fired up

Did you pay for all 5 Tests? I was annoyed that I had to pay for the entire series - I'd rather pay by Test as I wasn't sure I'd be able to watch all of them. Do you know how to stream it direct to WMP instead of in the Internet Explorer window?

PlanetPakistan said:
can't believe that the ABC radio people are not letting us listen to the commentary!

What do you mean not letting us? Is their audio link down?

Big Mac said:
I don't care if he was $5, it's Anderson ffs
I had no other choice yaar....it was between him and Monty and i knew Fletcher wont play Monty! ANyways i am not too concerned even if i lose because the Indians helped me a lot this morning ;-)

LAnger gets an edge between slip and keeper for 4, and now he runs it down to third man with a delicate flick for another 4.

And now Langer decides to fire! England bhaion in a little bit of trouble.

OZGOD said:
What do you mean not letting us? Is their audio link down?
yea this is what they say

"Due to rights restrictions, the ABC is only able to offer the audio stream of its Ashes coverage to users within Australia."

OZGOD said:
Did you pay for all 5 Tests? I was annoyed that I had to pay for the entire series - I'd rather pay by Test as I wasn't sure I'd be able to watch all of them. Do you know how to stream it direct to WMP instead of in the Internet Explorer window?

yeah i payed for all five tests but ive just realised im going home for xmas so i can watch the melbourne test for free and some of the one after too. not sure if u can get it direct to WMP but im no expert on things like that!

is yours starting to mess up? mine is and its bloody annoying its been fine for an hour or so.

BroskiBeat said:
yeah i payed for all five tests but ive just realised im going home for xmas so i can watch the melbourne test for free and some of the one after too. not sure if u can get it direct to WMP but im no expert on things like that!

is yours starting to mess up? mine is and its bloody annoying its been fine for an hour or so.

Mine's been ok - I've got 8Mbps cable though. :D

I'm heading to Sydney for Christmas as well, but not sure if I'll still be in town for the Sydney Test.

didnt realise you could switch networks im now watching the skysports feed and its working perfectly!

Just realized that Panesar isn't playing. Terriffic selection from England, eh?

PlanetPakistan said:
yea this is what they say

"Due to rights restrictions, the ABC is only able to offer the audio stream of its Ashes coverage to users within Australia."

Well if the BBC coverage dies I think I might have the old link for the ABC for you. But if the BBC one is working I'd stick with it (you don't want to stuff that one up :D).

BroskiBeat said:
didnt realise you could switch networks im now watching the skysports feed and its working perfectly!

How did you do that?

I heard that Harmy was going at 6rpo.

sorry to be a pain OZGod but that link didn't work....it's saying that a) The link is incorrect b) File DNE c) The comp where the file is stored is offline!

but thanks anyways :19:

PlanetPakistan said:
sorry to be a pain OZGod but that link didn't work....it's saying that a) The link is incorrect b) File DNE c) The comp where the file is stored is offline!

but thanks anyways :19:

Try going via the main BBC site. I checked the BBC America website, they have their cricket page with a link to live audio & score. Make sure that you check the 'international version' radio button at the top of the page.

Otherwise try this (it might work, might not):

http://abc.net.au/streaming/cricket/cricket.asx

Try the BBC option though first.

PlanetPakistan said:
oh the legend only gave 1 run in the 1st over....Shabash Gilo shabash...

:)))

seriously though his selection is a disgrace, both panesar and read should be playing. Fat boy fletcher has to go

OZ 1/109 at lunch, Gnome on 68 and Punter on 11.

BroskiBeat said:
:)))

seriously though his selection is a disgrace, both panesar and read should be playing. Fat boy fletcher has to go

Yea Boycott isn't a fool....Fletcher seems to have hit the ceiling!

the websites block the ips from other countries because of copyright. that is probably why bbc is not coming trough. you can try a proxy server but first delete the cookies as they may have stored some info in it. I had this problem during soccer WC

12thMan said:
the websites block the ips from other countries because of copyright. that is probably why bbc is not coming trough. you can try a proxy server but first delete the cookies as they may have stored some info in it. I had this problem during soccer WC
i got it to work...thanks anyways mate!

the hotspot camera
hotspotoc2.jpg

Back out now. Session 2 about to start.

Beautiful square drive for 4 from Gnome.

Anderson preying on Langer's weakness for half volleys it seems

OZGOD said:
That's a pretty impressive camera, eh.
looked like a waste as they have to take the pics/film to the lab and process it or something. This exact model will be available in the next 3 mobil phone. the bagpack accessory is sold separately

Another 4444444444444444444 from Gnome, that was a pie from Anderson. Too much width.

Flintoff brings some sanity back into proceedings with a nice tidy ball.

1/119 in the 2nd over after lunch. Flintoff is bowling well though.

Glorious on drive from Ponting for 4. England not making use of the bounce and carry on this pitch.

Apparently the Gabba's been sold out for the first four days.

1/124, Langer on 76, Ponting 18. This is a good score for Langer right after lunch.

Anderson to go around the wicket to Gnome.

Hey OzGod, havent got down to watching yet, but how are the conditions, any movement?bounce etc?is anderson getting the outswing to the right handers yet or not?

44444444444 for Gnome again! He's on 80 now, cut away to the boundary.

cornelius said:
Hey OzGod, havent got down to watching yet, but how are the conditions, any movement?bounce etc?is anderson getting the outswing to the right handers yet or not?

Anderson's not getting much swing, but he's been bowling a bit short for mine. There's not as much movement off the seam, but lots of bounce and some good carry. A typical Gabba pitch.

Pitch is very flat. Very true bounce and no real swing or seam movement

Langer on fire. Really looking to perform and is playing a very good innings.

Geez that was a beautiful shot from Ponting, driven to the boundary fence for 4 more. 1/135, 11 runs off that Anderson over. Ponting 23, Langer 81. 26 runs since lunch after 3 overs.

Flintoff has been getting some excellent carry and bowling very well but the rest have been quite useless

Daoud said:
Pitch is very flat. Very true bounce and no real swing or seam movement

Sssssh, you only get flat tracks in the subcontinent

Another good ball from Flintoff, he's been keeping things fairly tight but the other England bowlers have been spanked.

Another good ball from Flintoff, he's been keeping things fairly tight but the other England bowlers have been spanked. Now Flintoff gets lashed away for 4, cut over point or gully by Langer. That was pretty close to the fielder.

Flintoff gets Langer. Catch at point.

Pietersen takes an Ashes catch :)))

Flintoff deserved the wicket

ooooh Langer gone, spanks it right to Pietersen at point

WICKETTTTT!!!! Big wicket, Langer gone. Flintoff strikes again!

Big Mac said:
Sssssh, you only get flat tracks in the subcontinent
I reckon this pitch is technically flatter than anything you'd see in the subcontinent because pitches there would rarely be as even as this one ;-)

Geez Flintoff doing it all by himself at the moment.

I think this is the first time ever in a cricket match that my updates are before anyone else

Daoud said:
I reckon this pitch is technically flatter than anything you'd see in the subcontinent because pitches there would rarely be as even as this one ;-)

:))) :))) Looks to be a typical Gabba wicket, with a bit less seam movement. Let's see what kind of movement McGrath, Lee and Clark get off it.

I think Gnome threw away a chance at a great hundred though. Couldn't resist taking Flintoff on when he could've waited him out and attacked Anderson or Harmlesson.

Daoud said:

So do the Aussie cricket forums have lots of threads criticising the ACB for negative tactics?

Big Mac said:
So do the Aussie cricket forums have lots of threads criticising the ACB for negative tactics?
This one still has bounce so if they manage to make a pitch similar to this in Pakistan I'd be pretty happy

2/143. Ponting and MArto consolidating.

.2 Anderson to Ponting, no run, jagged back into Ponting at 88mph and it cuts him in half. Will Luke screams "ball of the day" but he's missed half of them as he keeps sneaking out for a fag

what the heck?

PlanetPakistan said:
.2 Anderson to Ponting, no run, jagged back into Ponting at 88mph and it cuts him in half. Will Luke screams "ball of the day" but he's missed half of them as he keeps sneaking out for a fag

what the heck?
A cigerette ;-)
It was a quality ball though

Big Mac said:
they are asking Jeera the mali (curator) of Multan to go to Australia to look over the preparations

Back