1st Test - England v India, Lord's

M Dhoni 76*(157)

Well played. I think he's the reason why this match still don't have any official result yet. Played a pretty controlled innings in contrast to his natural style. He played this knock at very right time, since he was almost there to loose his position to Yuvi I feel. Excellent knock!

siddharth said:
I bet my life ,more than English fans ,the pakistanis are praying ...........

:59:

Rain Gods ,please stop raining......

hahahaha, quite right and BTW it seems like we have no rain GODS and I am really ****** off if this match washes out but I would say
" Kab Tak rain sai bacho gai Kalia, Kabhi tou match pura ho ga na"

siddharth said:
I want Yuvi in place of Tendu or Laxman in the next game onwards.

Are we going to see the same bowling line-up from england in next match? Which all big names are likely to make it in?

Harmisons out for whole series
Hoggard is doubtful for next test

dinakar said:
if I were an England fan and IF the rest of the match washes out, I would really want to kill Buchnor for not giving that shout against Sreesanth. it was a close shout..

I take my cricket watching seriously, but not that seriously!

It looked pretty plumb, but some you get, some you don't, and overall the umpires have had a pretty good game. I think this bad light situation needs sorting out though. I don't understand how the batsmen can be in danger when there are spinners on at both ends. :20:

dinakar said:
Dhoni escaped for this series atleast :)
i agreed ,but u can't blame him for that :p

Laxman ,i don't know ...May be or may not be.

Even Dravid is looking like that .Thats the saddest part :( .

Mo. said:
Harmisons out for whole series
Hoggard is doubtful for next test

That’s probably a blessing for England. No selection headache for them then.

Hoggard would be a straight swap for Tremlett. Not much of a headache there.

Now if Giles was fit, thats where the headache would start...lol.

ali110 said:
I never see the celebrations like this in indian camp since they won 83 world cup ....LOL . Now get they should ask Sreesanth to at least perform a rain dance during this 20 minute break.
On the contrary ,i never see such ''gloomy'' looking Pakistanis like these after that 1999 WC final .

I actually wud take a lot a of positives from this match.........our bowling , except for first session has been very good ......we never start well in a away series , so expect us to do better in the next two matches.........we are more than capable of beating this english side .

Big Harvey said:
I take my cricket watching seriously, but not that seriously!

It looked pretty plumb, but some you get, some you don't, and overall the umpires have had a pretty good game. I think this bad light situation needs sorting out though. I don't understand how the batsmen can be in danger when there are spinners on at both ends. :20:
ok.. I soften my seriousness :) coming back to the light issue, it is not alone being dangerous.. umpires set a benchmark of the light right from the first day they want to be conistent throughout. they can't ask one team to play under less light.. that's what Tauffel said.. even against spinners it won't be easy to spot the ball under gloomy condition.

The fact is that when our bowling clicks ,batting fails .whe our batting clicks ,bowling fails.

siddharth said:
On the contrary ,i never see such ''gloomy'' looking Pakistanis like these after that 1999 WC final .

Me neither.

Last edited:
siddharth said:
The fact is that when our bowling clicks ,batting fails .whe our batting clicks ,bowling fails.

It happens evreytime, not sure how to cure the curse.

Wazeeri said:
I haven't seen much of Dhoni other than slogging.
What is he like batting with the tail?

Very good, if no more rain then he has just saved a test match for India batting with the tail, a very good knock under pressure on an un flat-track pitch.

I don't know why, but it always hurts me bad when Dhoni makes runs, don't like his batting at all..

darkmoon459 said:
Does the idiot knows that he is playing with the tail and India is trying to draw if not lose (inshallah the will lose) the match, moron.

The idoit has nearly saved India a test match with 9 wickets down, draw or lose, a very good knock under pressure.

Easa said:
I don't know why, but it always hurts me bad when Dhoni makes runs, don't like his batting at all..

Is Dhoni a flat track bully?

Easa said:

I know , but I appretiate you admiting that :D

Playa said:
Me neither.
U can't blame them .For all these great support they are giving for English .The English also treating pakistanis in such a '' Fair '' manner.They have been treated so nicely by the English all these years :30:

Go on English ,support the Pakistanis ''the way '' u used to. :19:

siddharth said:
U can't blame them .For all these great support they are giving for English .The English also treating pakistanis in such a '' Fair '' manner.They have been treated so nicely by the English all these years :30:

Go on English ,support the Pakistanis ''the way '' u used to. :19:

Let's hope the barmy army will support Pakistan in passion the way some Pakistani's supporting England in passion.

Last edited:
Playa said:
Is Dhoni a flat track bully?
Have no idea.. haven't seen any of his innings. As I said, I do not like his style of batting, that doesn't mean I think he's crap!

Easa said:
Have no idea.. haven't seen any of his innings. As I said, I do not like his style of batting, that doesn't mean I think he's crap!

Ok.

I hope the teams come out even if it is for an over and ends in a draw. But Sreesanth has to face the last over. That is a big oppurtunity for Sreesanth to show his next item

siddharth said:
I bet my life ,more than English fans ,the pakistanis are praying ...........

:59:

Rain Gods ,please stop raining......
I really doubt that. The English have put their heart and soul into this match and to be robbed in this manner would hurt them more than anyone else.

As a Pakistani, I find it hilarious that a second string English attack reduced the Indian ''batting legends'' to a bunch of novices. A result would have been a fair conclusion, but believe me when I say that a fair amount of English fans will have a sleepless night. Us Pakistanis will sleep well.

Playa said:
Let's hope the barmy army will support Pakistan in passion the way some Pakistani's supporting England in passion.
Against Australia i'm sure we will :D

With a billion people doing the rain dance.. No wonder the uk is on a flood warning!

Sheikh said:
I really doubt that. The English have put their heart and soul into this match and to be robbed in this manner would hurt them more than anyone else.

As a Pakistani, I find it hilarious that a second string English attack reduced the Indian ''batting legends'' to a bunch of novices. A result would have been a fair conclusion, but believe me when I say that a fair amount of English fans will have a sleepless night. Us Pakistanis will sleep well.

And how did you feel when the Irish attack reduced the pakistan batting superstars to a bunch of novices :p

Play is going to be called off in half an hour if conditions don't improve, according to Cricinfo.

Very unfortunate for England if they dont win this test ... It was always 70-30 with the rain and the strong batting line up ...

But still - the last wicket was there to be taken ! Laxman-Dhoni partnership dragged on more than what they would have liked ...

It's ridiculous to keep harping on the "2nd-string-ness" of the English attack. Anderson and Sidebum and Tremlett have bowled superbly and deserve more credit. Freddie, Hoggy and Harmy may have bigger reputations, but even they might not have done better.

muthoo said:
It's ridiculous to keep harping on the "2nd-string-ness" of the English attack. Anderson and Sidebum and Tremlett have bowled superbly and deserve more credit. Freddie, Hoggy and Harmy may have bigger reputations, but even they might not have done better.
Considering the recent form of Harmison, Tremlett was loads better than him ... Sidebottom was upto the task as well minimizing hoggard's influence ... Flintoff was always to be missed (if not for his bowling, for his allround skills)

alexjohn_tcr said:
And how did you feel when the Irish attack reduced the pakistan batting superstars to a bunch of novices :p

Ouchie!!!, :))

Last edited:
Playa said:
Ouchie!!!, :)))

dunno what you indians think your laughing at... how did you feel when your supposed "best batting line-up in the world" were reduce to novices by Bangladesh? :))

Osman said:
dunno what you indians think your laughing at... how did you feel when your supposed "best batting line-up in the world" were reduce to novices by Bangladesh? :))

Since when did we call our batting line up the best?

Dhoni and Laxman parnership was very crucial, flat track bully Dhoni played a useful innings under pressure and ended up with 76 not out, bravo Dhoni, bravo.

alexjohn_tcr said:
Didn't care; 1-days mean nothing to me.

I don't what these Bdeshis are jumping about , they are getting mauled and raped by pretty much every team on the planet, but still they can't shut their mouth, G mein dum nahin, hum kisi se kam nahin

Draw isnt a bad result..why you ask?

Well last year ENG didn't deserve to win the Oval test match but they eventually did. Similarly IND deserved to win the 2nd test match against the WI but were denied by rain.

jackal786 said:
Not even. Dravid's presence could have even won the game. Now that we are only less than 100 away from the target.
Yes ,that was a big blow .Why these guys are crying over sreesanth ?

traveller007 said:
I don't what these Bdeshis are jumping about , they are getting mauled and raped by pretty much every team on the planet, but still they can't shut their mouth, G mein dum nahin, hum kisi se kam nahin

Which bangladesh's?, India buried them alive in their own backyard in their last tour.

But this is a whole new series. Past results/incidents dont matter

India have been denied victory by weather many times before this is the first time weather helped us, if its a draw its a draw, fair enough. People who don't like it can go and cry their hearts out :27: :27:

PlanetPakistan said:

Well last year ENG didn't deserve to win the Oval test match but they eventually did. Similarly IND deserved to win the 2nd test match against the WI but were denied by rain.

Thanks Man .Rain was always unfair to us.Now the justice.

U pakistains also owe to rain in a huge way for the WC 1992.

Its all in the records. But in my book, and everyone else's England won this game. Great game it was!

Sheikh said:
Botham says this the best 4 prong attack he has seen for England ever since 2005.

iZeeshan said:
Its all in the records. But in my book, and everyone else's England won this game. Great game it was!
Who care abt ur book .The match was a draw. :19:

India need to improve if they want to deny England in the next two tests, unless the weather gets even worse. Dravid's lbw aside I'd say they probably had the rub of the green in this match and they still weren't able to wrest control of the test match at any point.

It will be interesting to see how the likes of Tendulkar and Dravid pull up in 3 days time.

PlanetPakistan said:

Thanks!, India deserved a bit of luck when many past results went it vain.

Last edited:
England have named an unchanged XI for the next test.

Stuart Broad will be on standby.

siddharth said:
Yes ,that was a big blow .Why these guys are crying over sreesanth ?

Tendulkar, Dhoni, Sreesanth, list goes on...........

Billy said:
India need to improve if they want to deny England in the next two tests, unless the weather gets even worse. Dravid's lbw aside I'd say they probably had the rub of the green in this match and they still weren't able to wrest control of the test match at any point.

It will be interesting to see how the likes of Tendulkar and Dravid pull up in 3 days time.

please go watch the match recording again.....almost every indian LBW's wer marginal ......the same kind of appeals wer turned down in case of english batsmen .

I din want the rain to intervene , but engnad hardly played well enuf to deserve a win here.........except for KP the rest of your batting's looked ordinary against our avg attack..........we have always been bad starters in away series.....I don see it as very difficult for us to beat this english side !

siddharth said:
Thanks Man .Rain was always unfair to us.Now the justice.

U pakistains also owe to rain in a huge way for the WC 1992.
yes but that loss to SA did hurt at the time...Inzi batted beautifully but rain denied us the win.

Oh well, at least it was a good game. Being denied by the weather sucks, but that's one of the things that makes Test cricket unique in international sport.

Last time something similar happened to us was against SA in Durban, and justice was done in the end because we went on to win the series, so hopefully this time will be the same.

I was very impressed with all our bowlers in this game, and would like to see the current line-up retained for the rest of the series.

It happened many times with us ,not just one or two_One can argue England were lucky enough to play in the first day when the conditions were fine for batting .

Last edited:
Back