1st Test - England v India, Lord's

Another wicket today and I can't see India winning this. Otherwise, there is still a chance.

Well I am off back home as it is 10.23 here and some mullah might kidnap me while I walk home in the dark (kidding).

Hopefully we can get another wicket or two by close........108 for 3 and it stands at 80-20 in England's favour. Another wicket today would be great though.

kablooee87 said:
Another wicket today and I can't see India winning this. Otherwise, there is still a chance.
hadn't we lost Tendu and finish the day with 120-130.. now may be just a better performance than the first innings.. nothing more

dinakar said:
hadn't we lost Tendu and finish the day with 120-130.. now may be just a better performance than the first innings.. nothing more
Let's look at the context. India are up against a bowling attack where Monty Panesar is the most experienced bowler. In the previous series West Indies almost chased down a total above 400. There is still an outside if these two get into the pavilion not out today.

I don't understand how its so hard batting against Sidey Sidebottom and Stretchy Tremlett.

Went to movie "Partner", sucked big time, left it in middle... but now seeing the Indian scoreboard am glad that wasn't at home all this time ...

Lets see if there's someone in this Indian batting line-up who can do 2001 Eden gardens here!

Tendy fails to get on the 'legends board' at Lords.

Unless he decides to play on until he is 40...

137-3
7 wickets for England
243 runs for India
Any predictions for tomorrow?

Oxy said:
Tendy fails to get on the 'legends board' at Lords.

Unless he decides to play on until he is 40...

Even Lara never got onto the 'legends board'.

The 2 Ks (Kevin/ Kartik) are hero of today .... match 70/30 still in favor of England. It would be an interesting day tomorrow ... !!!

Bad news people: weather forecast for tomorrow is "murky" (from BBC) with bad light and stop-start rains predicted for tomorrow. Weather's going to play spoilsport again from the looks of it.

CricnPak said:
Bad news people: weather forecast for tomorrow is "murky" (from BBC) with bad light and stop-start rains predicted for tomorrow. Weather's going to play spoilsport again from the looks of it.

A result would be perfect finish, let's hope rain stays away.
Pitch still good to bat on ...

Another Chase (home or away) another Choking, another defeat. Tell me something new. Isn't supposed to be best batting line up. Even Pak atleast fought back in Lord's last year and drew the first test match.

Should be a good day of cricket tomorrow, ofcourse provided that the rain stays away... England are still huge favorites though..

Never thought i would be saying this but india's fate lies with ganguly tomorrow. Oh by the way what happened to booty shaker dude?

ali110 said:
Another Chase (home or away) another Choking, another defeat. Tell me something new. Isn't supposed to be best batting line up. Even Pak atleast fought back in Lord's last year and drew the first test match.

The match isn't over yet and its not drubbing by any means. Keep it honest.

ok guys....match not over. If Kartik and Ganguly stick in here, and Dhoni gets going..ANYTHING can happen. Not to mention Laxman to come. Let's go boys..we can do this! India Zindabad!

It is very tough to survive for close to 100 overs on last day with key batsmen already back in the hut.

jackal786 said:
It is very tough to survive for close to 100 overs on last day with key batsmen already back in the hut.
asssuming a 100 overs will be played....

Tupac said:
ok guys....match not over. If Kartik and Ganguly stick in here, and Dhoni gets going..ANYTHING can happen. Not to mention Laxman to come. Let's go boys..we can do this! India Zindabad!

Let's hope so tupac.

At this time one Player comes in my mind " Inzamam Ul Haq" We need someone like inzamam-ul-haq to play entire day & win match! :D

If dad and Karthik survive in early morning and add 50-60 runs more than India may have chance and Laxman & Dhoni should win it for India after that.

There is a high chance that atleast 25-30 overs will be lost due to rain ... However, the cloudy conditions might actually help the seamers to certain extent ... And the ever so consistent Monty will be right at the Indian batsmen ...

Karthik, Ganguly, Laxman, Dhoni - all should bat out of their skins to actually stand a chance ... Its hightime Dhoni proved he is better than a # 11 batsman outside the subcontinent ... Laxman has been waiting for his chance to redeem himself ... What better stage than at Lords with India still needing 243 runs with only 7 wickets in Hand ...

I will be happy if we dont lose with a margin of more than 50 runs ! :)

am really dissapointed with some indian fans here , except Tupac the rest have nuthing but negative to talk about the team ......... hopeless !

& btw tendulakar's out dosen mean , the games over...... atleast for ppl who genuienly support the team !

jusarrived said:
am really dissapointed with some indian fans here , except Tupac the rest have nuthing but negative to talk about the team ......... hopeless !

& btw tendulakar's out dosen mean , the games over...... atleast for ppl who genuienly support the team !
:D I never stopped supporting India even though they seem to be a bit of a fix ... If I did, why in the world would I be awake at 4 in the morning (Canada times) ... Also another point - I never really expected Tendulkar to save us out of this muddle ... :)

But in all honesty - England have an upper hand ... India although not entirely put to the sword, are in a slight bother here ... If the conditions remain the same as yesterday, we might be in with a chance ... Otherwise, its just being optimistic ...

And in all fairness - England had their share of luck ... The best conditions to bat were on Day 1 and they racked their runs on board ... Day 2 - conditions were suitable for bowlers and they got bundled out for 45 / 8 where as India actually got to 200 !!!

invincible said:
:D I never stopped supporting India even though they seem to be a bit of a fix ... If I did, why in the world would I be awake at 4 in the morning (Canada times) ... Also another point - I never really expected Tendulkar to save us out of this muddle ... :)

But in all honesty - England have an upper hand ... India although not entirely put to the sword, are in a slight bother here ... If the conditions remain the same as yesterday, we might be in with a chance ... Otherwise, its just being optimistic ...

And in all fairness - England had their share of luck ... The best conditions to bat were on Day 1 and they racked their runs on board ... Day 2 - conditions were suitable for bowlers and they got bundled out for 45 / 8 where as India actually got to 200 !!!

yeah , I do know england are favourites here .....but we have a decent chance as well.....is it so difficult to belive that ? instead for some of you , it was over even before our innings started .......thats wat annoys me !

jusarrived said:

justarrived ,I am with you . If Dada and Karthik survives the first hour we have realistic chance.I have pinned all my hopes on Dada

Skies are grey at the moment.........but no rain. Hopefully the ball will swing about and the rain holds off for enough time for us to get the remaining 7 wickets. I think a couple of early wickets and the rest will follow very quickly. But if we allow India to get a partnershit going early then it could be trouble with Dhoni still to come. This game is by no means over..........75% in our favour I would say.

I think Gnaguly just needs to stick in there a help build some patrnerships, we just need to play out as long as we can and we should get there. Jusarrived you are right, we do have a chance and Dhoni and Laxman need to prove themselves worthy. Karthik is out there going strong, he was looking very good yesterday, we do have a chance we just need out players to prove it. COME ON INDIA !!!!!

If India are to stand a chance both Kartick and Ganguly have to score centuries and one of them to be close to the 150 mark. They still have Laxman and Dhoni so the game is not over yet.

jusarrived said:
yeah , I do know england are favourites here .....but we have a decent chance as well.....is it so difficult to belive that ? instead for some of you , it was over even before our innings started .......thats wat annoys me !

When you haven't performed since decades on a particular region expectations of fans are bound to come down. You can't stay optimistic for bunch consistently failing. It will require big effort from men in blue to make a game of this one and I really do hope that some spirited individual takes us through! They do need to deliver good knockout punches in order to gain expectations of millions back home.

India going well so far: 143/3

Last edited:
jusarrived said:

And this coming from someone who said this:

''you shud be praying for a tendulkars first 100 in lords ? who cares weather the team wins or not !''

Dhoni looked like roadkill caught in the headlight in his 1st innings. India's only hope is rain, and lots of it.

Lets not take away the fact that this 'inexperienced' attack has rolled over a 'much-vaunted' batting attack, let us all revel in a fantastic english victory!

I don't want to tempt fate but Dhoni really needs to start using his brain if he wants to stay in the Indian team. Maybe it's just against England but he's looked all over the place every time I've seen him play.

Just when it really matter. Tendulkar failed again. I guess you can see the difference of scoring runs against Bangladesh and England. When India asking Tendu to shows his class, talent etc he failed as usual.

MKR said:
Just when it really matter. Tendulkar failed again. I guess you can see the difference of scoring runs against Bangladesh and England. When India asking Tendu to shows his class, talent etc he failed as usual.

Not defending Tendu here, but it's more to do with English conditions than attack. This English attack, without key bowlers, is 550+ runs in Asian conditions.

purplehaze said:
Not defending Tendu here, but it's more to do with English conditions than attack. This English attack, without key bowlers, is 550+ runs in Asian conditions.

Rubbish.

Unless by "Asian conditions" you mean those awful pitches used in the last India-Pakistan series.

Rob H said:
Prior speaking with an indian accent to encourage Monty

:))) :)))

198 runs needed to win. Just one more wicket to break into the tail though........come on England.

Dhoni only lbw but Bucknor didnt give it. Was knocking out middle and leg!

purplehaze said:

Well i guess we are talking about the best of the best here??? I dont buy these excuses for Tendu class.

Oxy said:
Vut did he say?
Just saying all the normal stuff like "come on" etc but with an Indian accent. He also apparantly was having words with Dhoni saying that Yuvraj is batting very well in the nets.

Sheikh said:
And this coming from someone who said this:

''you shud be praying for a tendulkars first 100 in lords ? who cares weather the team wins or not !''

did I say I was doing that ? it was for romali ..cos all RR cares for is tendulkar .

ok guys....just keep your heads! We need another 150 out of you guys!! Let's go!

england bowling superbly again though!

MKR said:
Well i guess we are talking about the best of the best here??? I dont buy these excuses for Tendu class.

So a genius performs in all the matches? You sure if he had perform today you would closed this issue once and for all? If he does this in next match would it fine for you or you wanted him to do just at Lords only? If he does this once, you sure you would you accept his genius or you would have wanted same in subsequent match?

Last edited:
Billy said:
Rubbish.

Unless by "Asian conditions" you mean those awful pitches used in the last India-Pakistan series.

I'm talking about cricket pitches and the one you mentioned above doesn't classify under them.

If Dhoni & Laxman play to their potential there is nothing stoping India. Now can they do it, time will tell.

I think we are going to see two quick wickets fall straight after lunch.

purplehaze said:
So a genius performs in all the matches? You sure if he had perform today you would closed this issue once and for all? If he does this in next match would it fine for you or you wanted him to just at Lords only? If he does this once you sure you would you accept his genius or you would same from him in subsequent match?

I guess you have not read my post. I said "When it matters". It does not matter for me if he score 100+ or 200+ in next test. What really matter is a match winning innings. Tendu always get out when India need a big score from him.

Accoridng to cricinfo, the clouds forming aren't rain bearing clouds.

I think England will wrap this up with the new ball, due in 11 overs.

Well lot will depend on Laxman & Dhoni cuz if they play well things will be differenct for England. Also bad light can play its role anytime.

Back