1st Test - England v India, Lord's

darkmoon459 said:
Prior is doing well in supporting KP , 50 more runs and india is out of the game.
In all fairness - India is already out of this game.

We had a chance to get the target under 300 when England were struggling at 132 / 5 ... Pieterson's knock was the difference between victory and defeat really ...

Also - some bad bowling on first day was an early setback as well ...

Pietersen 119 - Prior 36 - partnership of 112 off 136 balls
Eng 244-5 - lead of 341 runs

lol Sky Sports print out the weather forecast for tomorrow. Says its cloudy with a chance of heavy rain.

Partnership broken, Prior gone.

Down to KP to do all the work now.

251-6

Prior out caught behind to a good delivery by Zaheer. Partnership is broken, all too late though you feel for India.

Prior out ct behind off Zaheer. I think the keeper is standing too far back as the ball is hardly carrying after edges
Eng 251-6 - lead of 348

2 wickets in 2 balls. So much for the possibility of a declaration. England will almost certainly bat until they're all out.

Sidebottom better keep out the hat-trick ball!

Can't understand why England is still batting ... get on these Indians to bat, you have enough to play and win!

purplehaze said:
Can't understand why England is still batting ... get on these Indians to bat, you have enough to play and win!

theres still a good few hours remaining today, and potentially a whole day tomorrow. Its too risky to declare now. And plus, when KP is playing like this, he can get quick runs and put the game out of reach of India.

Sidebottom edges it past slip for 4. Could easily have been caught, but was to quick past Dravid.

Edges it straight to slip this time. Like catching practice for Dravid.

Sidebottom gone 266-8

Sidebottom outta there. Edges Kumble straight to Dravid it at first slip. Good safe hands and a regulation wicket.

266/8

RP Singh back into the attack. Bowled well earlier, can he repeat his success?

Damn, KP gone. inside edge onto stumps...RP Singh gets his man

Pietersen drags on and RP Singh gets him. Trying to go for the big hit and he drags on.

275/9 Pietersen out for 134

RP Singh gets 5fer and he's up on the honours board. Monty plumb lbw.

India need 380 to win

Now watch this Indian chase, It will be a max of 150 all out with maybe Sachin or laxman pitching with a 50 odd in a horrible chase. YES you heard it hear first.

Romali_rotti said:
Now watch this Indian chase, It will be a max of 150 all out with maybe Sachin or laxman pitching with a 50 odd in a horrible chase. YES you heard it hear first.

you shud be praying for a tendulkars first 100 in lords ? who cares weather the team wins or not ! ;-)

England set up a great total! No way can India chase this...though with the bowlers England are playing with...

Go ENGLAND!

Guarentee this headline tomorrow:

Dravid promises fightback in 2nd test.

All set for a grand fightback from India - Go India :)

Karthik caining England with some lovely drives through cover and point. Great batting to watch.

31/0

Sounds like theres a lot of Indian support in the ground today.

Get in there. Anderson gets the breakthrough with Jaffer just chipping it straight to Pietersen at square leg

India 38/1

Dravid unleashes a whipping back foot cut off Anderson to get off the mark. Large roar from Indian supporters - i love it!

4 more to Dravid to 3rd man. Just fended off to gully and it goes through the gap.

India 46/1

Slapped through mid wicket for 4 by Karthik. In the air but he still gets the boundary.

51/1

Dravid lbw to Tremlett for 9! India 55/2

Sachin walks to the crease and gets a fantastic reception

Rob, have to hand it to your team, its a wonderful performance overall, after not having ANY of your top bowlers!

AND GONE! Dravid gone! Huge wicket!

13.5 Tremlett to Dravid, OUT, gone, leg before! Dravid doesnt move the feet, pushing at a straight one that comes on from outside off stump, striking him marginally outside the line and after a brief thought Simon Taufel raises the finger of fate, thats a big wicket!

Poor decision against Dravid.

England - 0.5
India - 1

On my "dodgy decisions" scale so far.

12thMan said:
questionable LBW or Dravid. little similar to Cook's

But cook's wickets not the same as Dravid's ! :12:

for once play a usefull innings , mr tendulkar !

jusarrived said:
Umpiring can be very hard in these conditions...........the way ball is swinging , it difficult to judge LBW's.........!

I agree with u.

Fantastic shot by Tendulkar. Backfoot push through cover off Panesar for 4

Tendu needs get to 41 to get 11,000 test runs
Ind 65-2 - need 315 more to win

Now if he were really a legend, this man would go on to score a double 100 hundred and lead England to victory. This is a perfect situation to show that he can bat under pressure and is not only just some run adder.

iZeeshan said:
Now if he were really a legend, this man would go on to score a double 100 hundred and lead England to victory. This is a perfect situation to show that he can bat under pressure and is not only just some run adder.

lol

21 overs left today.....probably 15 or 16 with bad light.

We need to knock Sachin off his motta phitoo to guarantee this win.

siddharth said:
U r the only one interested in that.......... :29:

well im a big fan of him.
I want him to score 20000 runs in both form of the games..

Monty has got Tendulkars number by the looks of it, see my luton boy Monty lead the Indian procession into the dressing room!

and the motta phitoo has been knocked over!

Sachin gone.......India 84 for 3 and this game is, more or less, in the bag!

Teenda trapped leg before by Monty then walks off with head bowed down!!.I add a few of my own verbals telling him where to go!!.Much to my delight England nearing victory!!!!.Come on lads finish 'em off!!!!.

Why has a potential English victory never felt sweeter then ever before, I vermently hate the 'ego-tripped' Indians and I hope they get a huge pasting in this test series.

what do you guys reckon? Lunch time tomorrow? England to win by more than 150-200 runs?

is india really that bad.....as much as i love to see india losing...i don't expect them to lose from england

Indian team is becoming a cricket version Redsox. Only the fans are passionate not the players.

Back