3rd ODI: SA v Pak [Port Elizabeth] - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so slow and sensible batting to come..

you cant expect Nazir to score 50s each match ... atleast a hit a few before he got out ... not like Akmal...

Rob H said:
Pakistan are useless at the pull shot so why do they keep on playing?
didnt do too badly with it in the last match

So where is Imran Nazir fan club now, as I predicted like all batsmen he just played well in his come back innings before South Africans figured him out.

DotCom said:
ok so slow and sensible batting to come..

you cant expect Nazir to score 50s each match ... atleast a hit a few before he got out ... not like Akmal...
Yes we are indebted to him for valuable 13 he just hit before playing a daft shot.

Nauman said:
So where is Imran Nazir fan club now, as I predicted like all batsmen he just played well in his come back innings before South Africans figured him out.
so he's a failure now, just because he failed in this match?

Nauman said:

I support the team buddy :D Never been about one idividual :21:

SAF has studied the last match and know where they messed up i guess Pakistan players takin slow to realise this

Nauman said:

its not SA that got him out.... He got himself out trying to keep a high RR.. he could have just blocked it or turned it around square..

atleast he made double figures..not like Akmal sahaab...

Pathan007 said:
some dick heads in our team. nazir the biggest one.

Sums up the nature of the Pakistan fans. One day Nazir is brilliant, the other day he is a dickhead. Nazir ain't a Hayden or a Gayle to score a 50 in every test match, specially with one wicket down already

I would have like to see maybe Malik come in to help take the shine off the new ball

What do you mean where is the fan club now? He failed in one match, didn't he?

Nauman said:

:))) Relax Nauman, he has only played two innings since his comeback. He may not have the best technique in the world but lets not judge him atleast till the end of the series!

Nauman said:

You win some ,you lose some ,Oh well its the nature of the beast aka "cricket".

he scored 13, and will save 16-20 .. I will take it over the other OPENERS any day

DotCom said:
its not SA that got him out.... He got himself out trying to keep a high RR.. he could have just blocked it or turned it around square..

Was this the Akmal Vs. Nazir match, or if I remember correctly, both Akmal and Nazir were on the same side for this match yeah?? So cut out the COMPARISION!

Nauman said:

So Imran is a Hayden or an Anwar eh? You cant expect him to score 50s in every game dammit!

Everyone pouncing on Nazir but what about Akmal? This is his 3rd failure in a row. No one says anything about him.

Pathan007. Less of the abusive remarks - ok !

DotCom said:

Yup talk about a bench mark, no wonder we have had such wonderfull openers recently, when crossing 10 run mark is considered an achievment.

KA$H said:
I would have like to see maybe Malik come in to help take the shine off the new ball
should have opened with Nazir... rather than Akmal...

Nauman said:
Yup talk about a bench mark, no wonder we have had such wonderfull openers recently, when crossing 10 run mark is considered an achievment.

what else do we have?

we dont have Gayle
we dont have Hayden

Nazir is much better than all the other openers.. simple.... why cant he play a whole year like Farhat and co.?

Uzzy said:
Everyone pouncing on Nazir but what about Akmal? This is his 3rd failure in a row. No one says anything about him.
We all know Akmal struggles at the top of the order, its just Woolmer's pig headedness to persist with experiments that are failing which has kept him at the top of the order.

DotCom said:
what else do we have?

we dont have Gayle
we dont have Hayden

Nazir is much better than all the other openers.. simple.... why cant he play a whole year like Farhat and co.?
Question is why cant he value his wicket which even the likes of Sami do?

I doubt Hafeez or Farhat would have survived here either. For all we know we might have been 10/2!

These two, along with Inzamam need to bat out around 20-30 overs here, so our hitters/improvisers have a platform from which they can blast us to a competitive total.

DotCom said:
should have opened with Nazir... rather than Akmal...

We've already gone down that route and it hasn't worked. Yes they failed in this math but Nazir did play well in the last one so lets give them some time before chopping and changing.

Nauman said:
We all know Akmal struggles at the top of the order, its just Woolmer's pig headedness to persist with experiments that are failing which has kept him at the top of the order.

Whether he bats at the top of the order or lower down hes still been failing.

Nauman said:
Question is why cant he value his wicket which even the likes of Sami do?
yaar we all know he is limited by his brain .. .hehe

YK four down the ground

I expected wrist slitting from Pakistan fans, but this time it has come way too early. Have you forgotten the beating we gave South Africa already? Show some faith.

And I say that its a wonderful shot by Younis down the ground for 4.

27/2

Nauman said:
so who should open then ? Its alright saying so and so shouldnt open, who are these great alternatives?

Usman said:
We've already gone down that route and it hasn't worked. Yes they failed in this math but Nazir did play well in the last one so lets give them some time before chopping and changing.
I meant Malik..

but wasnt Malik the OPENER of choice .. then he gets injured and loses his spot to Hafeez.... WAS SUP WITH THAT?

LOL AKmal fails again> sorry guys he stinks, its time you guys start looking at another Wickie when playing outside the sub continent. Lets see what Moyo and my man Younis can now dow...

Saj said:
so who should open then ? Its alright saying so and so shouldnt open, who are these great alternatives?
And where should Akmal slot in the order? You have a lot of answering to do, Nauman.

Just need one solid partnership...heck we have a batsman of the class of A Mahmood batting at #9!

Easa said:
And where should Akmal slot in the order? You have a lot of answering to do, Nauman.
Down the order. Doesnt take a genius to figure that out does it?

Nauman said:

you blaming woolmer for this??? jeez...pig headedness..thats a very harsh statement???

u think the plan was not discussed with the management which includes the selector present, and the captain, vice captain and whoever else??? no its woolmers' pig headedness to blame here..

The crowd get into the mood as Ntini runs in. Huge cheers go around the arena, noise reaches a crescendo as Ntini charges in.

by the way with regards to the openers. I did say that opening with Nazir and Akmal is a gamble, some days it comes off, other days like today it doesnt.

However the alternatives in my opinion arent much better.

I said earlier... Akmal/Inzy/Razzaq have to do something today... Akmal already gone..

now we need Mahmood 50 off 35 or so..

lets hope YoYo brothers can build a good base..

Nauman said:
Down the order where, genius? Malik, Afridi, Razzaq have basically occupied 6,7,8. So where should Akmal bat?

Nauman said:
you still havent said who should open?

Nauman said:
I agree with you there...

and the Sialkot Pair should have opened.. atleast Malik would Prize his wicket.. and let Nazir do his thing..

anyways... we still got plenty of batting..

Can you just imagine what our team would be like with half decent openers? We have probably the strongest middle order in world cricket but we can't find any openers! The last match showed that even when one opener contributes something, our middle order can take us to new heights but unfortunately we have no Gayle/Hayden type opener anywhere in pakistan.

Easa said:
Down the order where, genius? Malik, Afridi, Razzaq have basically occupied 6,7,8. So where should Akmal bat?
come on yaar.. this is not rocket science..

you bring Malik up, and put Akmal there..

hope these 2 hit centuries and then our big hitters launch an attack like never seen before in the last 10 overs

muhammed yusuf mashallah is a real star, We in SAF really admire him as a player and a person, he just has so much character people luv him

33-2 still early days, need to play cautiously... these two doing a good job so far

2nd Powerplay on

Saj said:
you still havent said who should open?
Hmm in ODIs it should be Butt and Nazir, there should be one who can stay at the wicket then we can afford to have a dasher at the other end. If you are going to go with hit and miss players all over the team then you will be seeing 20/2 very regularly.

gambino said:
hope these 2 hit centuries and then our big hitters launch an attack like never seen before in the last 10 overs

hehe,,

Was thinking the same--

Must say - what an elegant looking shot by Moyo. The man epitomizes class.

Nauman said:
Hmm in ODIs it should be Butt and Nazir, there should be one who can stay at the wicket then we can afford to have a dasher at the other end. If you are going to go with hit and miss players all over the team then you will be seeing 20/2 very regularly.

Concept is perfect..
Butt is wasted talent... lazy and slow on the field..

Malik yaaar... why was he ever taken out of the top order in the first place?

didnt he avg like 40+ at 1 down, and then as opener he was doing a decent job?

34/2 in 10.1

Nauman said:

Nauman bro I think Butt, will have to wait.. He will only come back efter the world cup..

Mind you,, Butt is the worst player of pull.

Asalaam Aliekum everyone,
I am posting after a break of a few months on this forum. Just watching the pak game against south africa and thinking why in the world did I have to get up so early on a friday to watch this.. I hope to go to sleep soon.. as Yousuf and Younus are boring me.

Nauman said:
Is this the same Salman Butt who cant move in the field, has been dropping sitters and looked like a walking wicket waiting to happen every time he went out to bat, the same guy who has struggled lately in domestic cricket too.

nah yaar.

South African fielding is superb. Every time there is a possibility of a quick single they get across and stop it.

Nauman said:
so are you willing to drop S Malik?

Kamran is a good opener. He will do well in the West Indies.

Two dissapointing shots there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back