3rd ODI: SA v Pak [Port Elizabeth] - Pak Inngs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noman said:
Nauman bro I think Butt, will have to wait.. He will only come back efter the world cup..

Mind you,, Butt is the worst player of pull.
yup remember how he was so late on them pull shots vs. McGrath.. who doenst even bowl 135 ...

Bilal_Kureshi
Emerging Player Debut: Aug 2005
Runs: 186

Asalaam Aliekum everyone,
I am posting after a break of a few months on this forum. Just watching the pak game against south africa and thinking why in the world did I have to get up so early on a friday to watch this.. I hope to go to sleep soon.. as Yousuf and Younus are boring me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish i say ehehhe sweet dreams

PlanetPakistan said:
if you don't want Kami to open then the only other choice for the opener's slot is S Malik

I think Bob knows what he is doing.

He knows that the pitches in the wi. is made for players like Akmal and imran..

Bilal_Kureshi said:
I am posting after a break of a few months on this forum. Just watching the pak game against south africa and thinking why in the world did I have to get up so early on a friday to watch this.. I hope to go to sleep soon.. as Yousuf and Younus are boring me.

Yes i agree ,you need to go back to sleep .............. yousuf and younis doing something called "rebuilding" .

Saj said:
Is this the same Salman Butt who cant move in the field, has been dropping sitters and looked like a walking wicket waiting to happen every time he went out to bat, the same guy who has struggled lately in domestic cricket too.

nah yaar.
Butt's been struggling in domestic cricket? Didn't he just hit a 166? If I remember correctly, he also made 100 against the West Indies when they toured Pakistan.

Rob H said:
South African fielding is superb. Every time there is a possibility of a quick single they get across and stop it.
Even more so than Australia, in my opinion.

junaid78 said:
I hope to go to sleep soon.. as Yousuf and Younus are boring me.

Good riddance to bad rubbish i say ehehhe sweet dreams
You are gonna get it buddy....

Hash said:
Kamran is a good opener. He will do well in the West Indies.

Two dissapointing shots there.
We all say that dont we and before we know it there are 10 disapointing shots and series is lost ;)

Easa said:
Even more so than Australia, in my opinion.
Obviously you missed Australia this morning. They were atrocious in there fielding. England just pushed the ball and got the single. They missed several run out chances and dropped 3 catches. I wouldn't even rate Australia without Symonds.

Originally Posted by Bilal_Kureshi

Good. Go back to sleep and leave the cricket discussions to people who actually know what cricket is.

Easa said:
Butt's been struggling in domestic cricket? Didn't he just hit a 166? If I remember correctly, he also made 100 against the West Indies when they toured Pakistan.
in one day cricket mate.

Saj said:
Is this the same Salman Butt who cant move in the field, has been dropping sitters and looked like a walking wicket waiting to happen every time he went out to bat, the same guy who has struggled lately in domestic cricket too.

nah yaar.
Butt is class man, sure he had a few problems but he is the guy who has taken us to victories and have stood up to the Australian attack at its best.

Nauman said:
Butt is class man, sure he had a few problems but he is the guy who has taken us to victories and have stood up to the Australian attack at its best.
Nauman those innings in Aus were superb yaar, truly wonderful, but lately he's looked a shadow of that player.

Anyway whats the score ? :D

Raja says "also nominating which end to throw at" ..

I didnt know you can nominate which end you want to throw at...

and this guy has a Masters in English ...

Nauman said:
So where is Imran Nazir fan club now, as I predicted like all batsmen he just played well in his come back innings before South Africans figured him out.

WHAT A REMARK! :))) :))) :))) everyone knows that nazir's strength if playing off the backfoot. In the first odi, SA banged the ball in short and were carted around the place with nazir dominant off the backfoot. This match, he gets out attempting a pull, miscalculation on his part. Great working out by SA, i see the logic there nauman

cut over point, Gibbs dives but cant get there. 4 runs to Younis

Hash,
Son I have been following pakistan cricket for the last 15 years, and am a regular on your forum and really enjoy your discussion threads.
We need to be just a bit more courteous in your correspondence.

DotCom said:
Raja says "also nominating which end to throw at" ..

I didnt know you can nominate which end you want to throw at...

and this guy has a Masters in English ...
:D :D

i agree with u nauman that salman butt is a class act but he isnt in the side yet, therefore just get behind the current players. Butt may get a look in for the wc,possibly opening with nazir over there

Younis what on earth are you doing, there is no need to improvise at this early stage.

Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
WHAT A REMARK! :))) :))) :))) everyone knows that nazir's strength if playing off the backfoot. In the first odi, SA banged the ball in short and were carted around the place with nazir dominant off the backfoot. This match, he gets out attempting a pull, miscalculation on his part. Great working out by SA, i see the logic there nauman
He was kept on the front foot for most of his innings, if you see the shot he played you can see that he was late going onto the back foot.

also Nazir smashed them around 99/2000 matches... didnt they figure him out back then......

all cricketers know each others strengths and weaknesses... its all about who is on top that day..

Ntini had a bit extra pace on that delivery that beat Nazir.. otherwise.. he would still be bashing the ball around until his 50, then get out.. hehe

Nauman said:

Inconsistency is the problem, not just with Butt, but with every opener Pakistan has tried. Butt did impress against Aus but then went completley downhill, Taufeeq impressed in SA and then went completely downhill, Yasir impressed on debut and went downhill, Farhat impressed against India and went downhill, Kamran impressed against England in Pak but then went downhill and it’s been the same story with everybody else. At this rate, I don't know when we'll find consistent openers.

Rob H said:
Obviously you missed Australia this morning. They were atrocious in there fielding. England just pushed the ball and got the single. They missed several run out chances and dropped 3 catches. I wouldn't even rate Australia without Symonds.
I did miss Australia this morning but they do have a number of quality fielders in Lee, Ponting, Clarke, Hussey, Hayden etc.

They do rank as one of the best in the business when it comes to fielding.

PlanetPakistan said:
actually some would call that slogging!
hahaha.. you know this one day cricket is far too predictable these days. I mean if a side loses four or more wickets in the first 20 overs, more often than not, they end up on the losing side. Its just brutal in onedayers, specially if you are the first side who makes the mistake.

Bilal_Kureshi said:
hahaha.. you know this one day cricket is far too predictable these days. I mean if a side loses four or more wickets in the first 20 overs, more often than not, they end up on the losing side. Its just brutal in onedayers, specially if you are the first side who makes the mistake.

I thought you were going back to sleep? what is keeping you up?

Good stuff from these two. They are doing EXACTLY the right thing.

Pakistan are going for to many boundry shots.. they need tto stop the bowl at the pitch and run,,, Like least match..

Nauman said:
He was kept on the front foot for most of his innings, if you see the shot he played you can see that he was late going onto the back foot.

but thats not what u said, he did rather well to the test he got from pollock at the start.put away the bad balls - cannot fault him for it (obviously some of u can)

so what do you guys honestly think about Pakistan's chances here and beyond. Also, does anyone know why woolmer doesn't reply on his website anymore.

I've never rated Langeveldt as a bowler, apart from one hatrick, what has he done? Couple for Yousuf.

Noman said:
Pakistan are going for to many boundry shots.. they need tto stop the bowl at the pitch and run,,, Like least match..

pardon?

Stop the bowl? Is there a bowl on the pitch? Why would there be a bowl on the pitch? Is Kallis eating cereal? Also, what do you mean by least match?

Mohammad Arif is unhappy with Pakistan's opening gambit. "The biggest of many problems in the Pak batting is the opening pair. When it clicks (as rare as that is) we see the damage they can do. Else the rest of the team is forced to play defensively."

Cricinfo

What a fantastic cover drive by Moyo. Class.

51/2

And now 3 runs to Moyo, good over this for Pakistan.

54/2

why is that 4.95 strike rate(charyl longerfelt ,Nel, ntine ) is consider decent for everyone except when it comes to Pakistani bowlers.

but thats not what u said, he did rather well to the test he got from pollock at the start.put away the bad balls - cannot fault him for it (obviously some of u can)
surely he would have made alot more then 13 then.

Bilal_Kureshi said:
so what do you guys honestly think about Pakistan's chances here and beyond. Also, does anyone know why woolmer doesn't reply on his website anymore.

Aren't you suppose to be asleep?

Woolmer doesn't reply anymore and whatever the reason I don't blame him. As for this game, 270 will be enough.

Hash said:
pardon?

Stop the bowl? Is there a bowl on the pitch? Why would there be a bowl on the pitch? Is Kallis eating cereal? Also, what do you mean by least match?

I dont understand why people use the word BOWL to describe the BALL ..

its a BALL .. that is BOWLED.

not a BOWL that is BALLED .. hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back