4th Test, Day 4: Eng vs Pak updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed ...After Sri Lanka put up such a great show in england - a lot was expected from Pakistan ..it has been very disappointing

I smell a good old fashion English collapse here.

I'm delighted that Iqbal dropped that catch earlier, maybe if he was focusing on the ball instead of running his mouth, then he may have caught it.

evertonfan said:
I smell a good old fashion English collapse here.

I'm delighted that Iqbal dropped that catch earlier, maybe if he was focusing on the ball instead of running his mouth, then he may have caught it.

Prehaps he should have tried to catch it in his mouth?

UsmanCHADDA said:
Do we deserve to win? After all the crappy fielding and catching. Thats not how teams win matches
we don't deserve to win after such s shameless display in the fielding 2day. Kamran needs to be shot in the hands. :12:

Did anyone see that disgraceful shove on Pietersen by Kaneria? It was clearly deliberate - an absolute disgrace! I expect to see seven threads condemning Kaneria by the close of play tonight...

I'd like to see Hafz get a few more overs after lunch - he is not a bad bowler, and whilst we stilll have runs in the bank, why not

Lovely ball - lots of spin & bounce - nearly had a bad-pat off KP!

Purgatory said:
Did anyone see that disgraceful shove on Pietersen by Kaneria? It was clearly deliberate - an absolute disgrace! I expect to see seven threads condemning Kaneria by the close of play tonight...

:))) :)))

evertonfan said:
Why? He's been below-par in this innings, partly due to lack of match-fitness.

Is that your understanding of below-par? Dont just look at stats. He has created chances but England have survived!

Oxy™ said:
I'd like to see Hafz get a few more overs after lunch - he is not a bad bowler, and whilst we stilll have runs in the bank, why not

Those runs rn't going to last very long.

How many times do you need to say "shabash" in between balls? I heard it at least 11 times.

BUT...

if we 2 sspinners in tandem posing problems, you need a keeper that is ready to swallow any chances - like with Chris Read. And Dani is not up to it this series.

England's session defintely. Our terrible fielding and catxching, and one dodgy decision has cost us atleast two wickets!

Rob H said:
How many times do you need to say "shabash" in between balls? I heard it at least 11 times.

Would you r prefer them to say 'well done'?

That was a very interesting session, waisay.

Good to watch

what's the weather like at The Oval?It's pelting down with rain in North London

Purgatory said:
did you see the collingwood hit on kaneria in last test match?

Is Afridi being missed here? His bowling would have been crucial here. Remember Bangalore where he got Ganguly, Tendulkar & Laxman while Dani was busy taking the wickets of the tailenders!

gambino said:
did you see the collingwood hit on kaneria in last test match?

Are we talking chocolates and a bunch of flowers here or what?

I am at work so unfortunately not able to enjoy watching the match at home on sky but have followed cricinfo and pakpassion as always when on work. Tell me guys did asif bowl badly or was it really good batting by england ? . Asif has gone for 5 runs an over, that is way too expensive for his high standards.

I am dissappointed with pakistan's fielding effort to date, you just can't drop catches and expect to take wickets easily. Cook would have been out off asif had fiasal held onto a sitter of a catch. Just disgraceful, pakistan needs to take quick wickets otherwise this match will slip out of our hands. Pakistan should win this match if they play the cards right INSHALLAH.

UsmanCHADDA said:
Easa you like watching Pakistan spill chances? :)

No, i like to watch good, competitive, Test cricket.

Bilsher007 said:
Tell me guys did asif bowl badly or was it really good batting by england ? . Asif has gone for 5 runs an over, that is way too expensive for his high standards.

A little bit of both, although he's certainly struggling to find his lengths now the pitch prevents him from pitching up too often.

to many chances gone down

especialy the one which faisal dropped

1.35pm Thanks Jenny, welcome back everyone. Hope you had a splendid lunch. I wonder what was eaten in the respective dressing-rooms, because Pakistan looked like a side that forgot to have any breakfast this morning.

You english would'nt be laughing once wickets start falling

I have a feeling that when one wicket falls, several will fall.

Holding suggesting that Asif has bowled way too many short balls to Cook.

shan said:
not with this fielding

Both teams have fielded poorly, England have dropped 6 in this match as well.

Great shot for 4 by Pietersen.

Well played 50.

We have to get him now or else we'll have to wait until he is in between 120-150 as usual.

now inzy should never overattack with fast bowlers since there is nothing for them

Bilsher007 said:
1.35pm Thanks Jenny, welcome back everyone. Hope you had a splendid lunch. I wonder what was eaten in the respective dressing-rooms, because Pakistan looked like a side that forgot to have any breakfast this morning.

You english would'nt be laughing once wickets start falling

When were we laughing? The series is won anyway so I don't really care. You deserve to win this match anyway.

shan said:
we at maximum can chase 100 runs

No. 200 from 2 sessions is very possible. And they might get a 200 lead since KP is batting so fast.

evertonfan said:
When were we laughing? The series is won anyway so I don't really care. You deserve to win this match anyway.

Not when we drop sitters.

Pepsi™ said:
No. 200 from 2 sessions is very possible. And they might get a 200 lead since KP is batting so fast.

Trust me, we will be very lucky to even get a lead at all.

Pietersen looking in superb form all of a sudden

Well played again but straight to the fielder.

Pietersen will self destruct soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back