4th Test, Day 4: Eng vs Pak updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel pakistan has been robbed of a opportunity to register a fine win at oval. I believed we would finish the test series at a positive note with a good win at oval.It was turning out to be a classic test match, what a shame darrel hair has messed up this test match big time. Mind you the word messed up are very soft words i have used here. Hair has to be banned or penalised heavily. Pakistan team needs to take him to the court for false accusation.

Last edited:
Bilsher007 said:
I feel pakistan has been robbed of a opportunity to register a fine win at oval. I beliecved we would finish the test series at a positive note with a good win at oval. what a shame, darrel hair has messed up this test match big time. Mind you the word messed up are very soft words i have used here. Hair has to be banned or penalised heavily. Pakistan team needs to take him top the court.

Pakistan are equally at fault for for throwing away their victory chances. They had every right to do what they did, but if they had just settled this matter off the pitch, then they could still win this Test match.

Billy said:
I missed that bit.

What did Bumble say?

he said after pak team come out to play that

"Pakistani team know the law very well" and then said that hair had to comunicate with inzy if he want to play or not then give the match to England

TO HELL WITH THE MATCH AND VICTORY!

the series is lost and even if it wasn't i would still back pakistan in what they did. Its about time we stuck up against that racist harami Hair and his poodle doctrove. The issue is much serious and important than victory or loss: its for the honour of Pakistan and for fighting a cause and protesting against cheats like hair. Well done Pakistan. It's sad we didnt do these protests way back in 1992 etc and ever since.

shan said:
he said after pak team come out to play that

"Pakistani team know the law very well" and then said that hair had to comunicate with inzy if he want to play or not then give the match to England

Exactly.

Billy said:
I missed that bit.

What did Bumble say?

1. Bumble said that hair under the law of tampering had to have a chat with the captain of the accused team & point out the accused person..after that all the other formalities are done... the accused person will be asked not to play anymore part in the match

2. Bumble also said that hair, if he was on mistake should hav sat wioth the 2 captains & match refree to sort things out, that match refree then should ask the accused captain whther they want to contiue or not

3. Bumble said that Hair should hav come out to play when pakistani team went to the field...he said that the umpire cannot make decison on his own...he has to act according to the match referee's instructions... also his act of taking the bails of was also agianst the rulez as he has to ask the match referee for permisson

evertonfan said:
Pakistan are equally at fault for for throwing away their victory chances. They had every right to do what they did, but if they had just settled this matter off the pitch, then they could still win this Test match.

as a lifetime Pak fan, I do not give a toss about this match, the result or this series.

it's more important to make a statement here than anything else. I'm ****** off that the team came out at all.

No more updates since 18.32pm on cricinfo, what do you guys think would their be any play tommorow ?

Billy said:
They had every right to protest but I'm split about the manner in which they did it. I give my full backing to Inzamam and his boys over the ball tampering incident but I cannot totally condone the way in which his team protested.

For the sake of simple language I'm "on your side"... I'm just pointing out that Pakistan aren't entirely blameless. Although I don't think I'd go quite as far as Evertonfan.

I missed it. What was wrong? Btw, this is not in an attacking tone.

Bilsher007 said:
No more updates since 18.32pm on cricinfo, what do you guys think would their be any play tommorow ?

I wouldn't be surprised if there was. But it really wouldn't matter because it would be a draw anyway

Billy said:
Well in the case of TMS and Sky... listening to it.

As I understand it Hair applied the laws correctly. He just didn't have any evidence..!

How can he be correct in applying a penalty to a wrongful act to which he has no evidence of?

6.40pm Stumps Well, that's been a most extraordinary day., with the outcome of this match thrown into utter doubt after Umpire Hair changed the ball in the 56th over of England's innings, unhappy with its condition and then Pakistan staged a protest after tea, refusing to come back on to the pitch at first.

Do check our match cluster to read in-depth pieces on the events, and scroll down to find out what happened. It's been utter chaos at the Oval and we're still not even sure whether the game will go ahead tomorrow, but you can find out on the site shortly after the ICC concludes its crisis meeting.

Thanks for joining us today... and we will hope to be back with you tomorrow.

b0wld said:
1. Bumble said that hair under the law of tampering had to have a chat with the captain of the accused team & point out the accused person..after that all the other formalities are done... the accused person will be asked not to play anymore part in the match

2. Bumble also said that hair, if he was on mistake should hav sat wioth the 2 captains & match refree to sort things out, that match refree then should ask the accused captain whther they want to contiue or not

3. Bumble said that Hair should hav come out to play when pakistani team went to the field...he said that the umpire cannot make decison on his own...he has to act according to the match referee's instructions... also his act of taking the bails of was also agianst the rulez as he has to ask the match referee for permisson

Looks like darrel hair is buried this time for good unless the white card is played by icc.

If play is resumed tommorow than pakistan still has a great opportunity to win by taking quick wickets and wrapping up the match. But if play resumes who knows what can happen with hair officiating the match still. There is a lot of bad sour taste out there between hair and pakistan team.

I'm glad to see England have kept their mouths shut in all of this. I don't want anymore controvesy. I heard on sky sports news that England complained about the ball which got me worried, luckily they corrected themselves.

darrel hair

this elitist of umpires should be permanently banned from officiating whenever an asian team is involved. time and again he has demonstarted his racist undertones, with decision invariably going against an asian team.

his recent fiasco against the pakistanis at the oval is further proof of this man's flirtation with bigotry against those he deems dark skinned.

if the icc does not take a firm stand with this umpire, more asian nations will disregard the spirit under which the icc supposedly operates

terence lorens, darby, uk

"You are on very thin ice accusing pakistan with no evidence". Ian botham

duhduh92 said:
Hey everybody

Sititng and pumping this forum full of your anger at darrel hair will not do much. Go the the icc site and register ur complaints. maybe then they will sit up and notice that this umpire is indeed rascist.
regards
t.lorens

icc site: http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/contact-us.html

Thanks terrence lorens i have visited the ICC web site and registered my compliant and will continue to send more messages to their web site until the ICC sits up and takes notice plus action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back