4th Test, Day 4: Eng vs Pak updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
From cricinfo :

Here's what Andrew Miller has for us. "The issue would seem to boil down to evidence. Has Darrell Hair got any proof that the Pakistanis were tampering with the ball? Did he see a specific player scratch at the seam, or did he take a look at a ball that is 55 overs old and draw his own conclusions? As Ian Botham has just said on Sky Sports, it's a matter of honour to the Pakistanis. If Hair has no proof, then they are well within their rights to take this stance."

27pm A ha, the Pakistan team have spoken with Mike Procter, the match referee, and have apparently confirmed that they will take the field.

Pakola said:
This is soooo stupid yaar. I cant believe inzy is being forced to come out.
Obviously i dont know what is happening there but NO WAY inzy changed his mind independently.
Ek thos blame inzy for being non-aggressive and when he DOES make a stand for his principles he's forced out of it. Bechara.

it was prolly really personal with stuff involving lowering salary if they dont play or soemthing

dude if these friggin goras (i HATE goras) keep on booing inzy im going to raise hell when i get back to london. Full go out with some dumb essex blonde and then break her heart. Im smooth like that.

But, oh dear, the light has deteriorated so the England batsmen could take the light if they go back on the field. This is a complete farce of Carry On proportions, but without the humour.

OYEE!!1
Now HAIR is not comming out.
DUDE! If that is true that is the most obvious example of how twisted and pig headed he is.

5.27pm A ha, the Pakistan team have spoken with Mike Procter, the match referee, and have apparently confirmed that they will take the field. But, oh dear, the light has deteriorated so the England batsmen could take the light if they go back on the field. This is a complete farce of Carry On proportions, but without the humour.

:))) :))) WHAT A JOKE!

Daryll Hair not coming out! I just got back from cricket! Bravo Inzi!

LOL! This is awsome now. Sheer entertainment. Hair not comign out, neither are the batsman out.

Man this looks soooooooo stupid.
We should have stayed inside. We look like such idiots coming out.
FIZOOL ki embarrasment.

5.30pm Boos from the crowd as Pakistan take to the field. The crowd haven't been kept informed of what's been happening, but it'sgood that Pakistan are on.

Sky are now reporting an unconfirmed rumour that Darrell Hair is now saying that if Pakistan take the field, he won't.

It's all very sad, and very messy.

Pakola said:
Man this looks soooooooo stupid.
We should have stayed inside. We look like such idiots coming out.
FIZOOL ki embarrasment.

atleast we made our statement we came out to play so the game cannot be forfeited

"It sums up the ICC for me," says Nasser Hussain on Sky. "They talk about irrelevant things. You've got a major sporting issue here at The Oval, surely Mike Procter sits down with the main people and says, "Right what's going on?" Do it behind the scenes and get a decision made and this would stop all these ridiculous scenes of players going up and down stairs."

pak4life said:
atleast we made our statement we came out to play so the game cannot be forfeited

i dont understand what the hell hair wants...hes only gonna get fired

5.32pm It gets more bizarre. Pakistan are now walking off as the umpires aren't coming out.

So what happens now?

thts true...theress no way in hell the crowd duznt know wht is going on...unless they;re incredibly stupid...its soooooooo obvious

Jonny-B said:
Where are you from?

The crowd have no clue what is going on - they haven't been told - what do you expect them to think.

That they have refused to play because of the allegations against them.

Pakola is banned. and so will anyone else who uses abusive language.

that goes for you as well Billy

Athers really aying into way Hair acted.."lack of common sense", amomgst other things. Saying that 20+ sky cameras have not picked up ANYTHING.

But I don't get it. WHy would Hair cheat it out. I mean, doesn't he know that he would be found out?

Pepsi™ said:
But I don't get it. WHy would Hair cheat it out. I mean, doesn't he know that he would be found out?

Beacuse he's an arrogant w****r, who's gotten away with it so far.

Imran_The Man! said:

No, seriously. He's umpired in 78 matches, doesn't he know that this can't be given out on. What does he think, he call someone a cheat and nothing will happen?

Pepsi™ said:

Two words 'Racist...Hatred' :12:

Pepsi™ said:

Atherton pointing out hypocrisy of reverse swing, last year,against OZ, and as soon as pak do it, accused of cheating, "undercurrent of racism".

Well done that man for sayng in public! :19: :14: :14: :14:

5.40pmAt last there's an announcement over the tannoy for the crowds.

Meanwhile, Mike Atherton's opinions on Sky are scathing of Darrell Hair, saying his decision lacks any historical context and that they lacked common sense. "It's bound to inflame things. It would have been best to leave it to the end of the day. He's not a man to back down. He's a stubborn character, a strong character.. so even though Pakistan said they were willing to come back out [after the bails removal/apparent forfeiture] you could imagine him sitting in the dressing room refusing to come out."

5.45pm No individual has been accused, by the way; Cricinfo have been told by sources inside the Pakistan camp.

5.40pmAt last there's an announcement over the tannoy for the crowds.

Geoffrey Boycott laying into Hair now. accusing him of being biased against Pakistan

5.50pm "We are hurt and we are disappointed," says Shahrayar Khan, "and we are registering our complaints through the relevant channels."

He also added this, on Sky: "We have indicated very clearly that we can go out and play, in fact the boys came out and that we want the Test match to continue. We want this issue to be finished and resolved. We want the umpires to come out. We have indicated we are ready to come on to the field and play."

1742: "We feel that there is no evidence whatsoever of deliberate scuffing of the ball. Once you accuse a team of deliberately tampering with the ball, it becomes a very big deal" Shaharyar Khan

1741: More from Khan - "We felt we should make a protest, but we simply said that we would stay inside for a few minutes, and go out when the protest had been registered."

MAN Shehreyar is F*** he is S*** saying stupid thing as the pak team was on protest..man where is his dignity..he was in the armed forces for God's sake... just say the truth

He is literaly pissing not only the viewvers...but also the izzat of Our players.... sala mushraff ki tarha bikkaa hua hay

Out of interest, if this match does start again - what are the chances that this issue will not flare up again ?

Guys - stop swearing or I will report you all to the ICC ( we will also take off 5 runs from your count - so there !)

1741: More from Khan - "We felt we should make a protest, but we simply said that we would stay inside for a few minutes, and go out when the protest had been registered."

love to read wat zaheer abbas gonna writer abt this in his column in dawn next week.... in my opinion he should be made supreme leader of PCB

MIG said:
Out of interest, if this match does start again - what are the chances that this issue will not flare up again ?
It might flare up again during the match and some more incidents could take place. And in future only if they make sure DarrelHair doesnt umpire ever again, by the way he is the umpire for the one day series between Pakistan and England.

the pak team shouldnt have come out at all. SHaharyar khan, being a diplomat, made the team come out and then the umpires refuse to come out. the team should have stayed inside. for once our team management showed some spine, but then made a bad move in the end.

PapaBear said:
It might flare up again during the match and some more incidents could take place. And in future only if they make sure DarrelHair doesnt umpire ever again, by the way he is the umpire for the one day series between Pakistan and England.

Every single game? :O

If the players go back onto the field, Hair will be back to his cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back