4th Test, Day 4: Eng vs Pak updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.45pm Zaheer Abbas, Pakistan's manager, is talking on his mobile phone on the balcony, but no sign of Inzamam or Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, who was seen before tea striding towards the match referee's office with the rule book in hand.

No doubt about it, we've got a protest in progress here.

4.40pm Now then, this is interesting. The umpires are out there, but the Pakistanis are not coming out of the dressing-room. We could have a bit of an incident here.

The slow-hand claps start to ring out ... but there is nothing doing from the Pakistanis. The England batsmen are ready, and now the umpires are having to troop back indoors.

Inzy was threatening to come out, it would seem, but now they are going deeper back into the bowels of the pavilion. I sense a major incident is about to kick off here

P A K I S T A N ZINDABAD

I think Botham is speaking the most sense out there.

He's been through this before.

The worst thing for Pakistan now would be inzi actually shows up 15 mins late on the field

if they are protesting ... then must keep up with it for 2 days

GAme Over - Eng have just been awarded the game according to Gower

we have to keep it off i dont mind the game being forfeited we have more at stake then a test match

Is this actually bad for us? The draw?

Maybe hte ODI series will be cancelled, too.

covers are back.

i think pakistan realised that hair had no proof and they wanted him to possibly make an apology or summin

Good on the pakistan side, they should not tolerate such BS double standards by these so called "proffessionals"

Pepsi™ said:
Is this actually bad for us? The draw?

Maybe hte ODI series will be cancelled, too.

Forfeit means you give the game to the opposition.

So its 3-0 to Eng if that is what happens.

5.00pm The bails are coming off now and the umpires are roundly booed by the crowd. The umpires are walking off as are the batsmen. Have Pakistan forfeited the game? We'll let you know as soon as we've got anything on that.

4.55pm The batsmen are coming out now, to great cheers, but there's no sign of the Pakistan team. Oh, there goes Kamran Akmal, on the balcony, but he just sits down and takes his gloves off. He's making a statement of intent here, picking up his paper and just reading it. Pakistan are clearly not going to take the field now. The only people out on the field are the two batsmen and two umpires. This is most peculiar.

P A K I S T A N ZINDABAD

This is brilliant, sometimes one has to take extraordinary measures.

Umpires are supossed to be fair, decent and competent. These two have neither of those.

It's time ICC realises that their umpires can't get away with anything so that the so called 'spirit of the game' is not tarnished.

Well done team Pakistan! :19:

Bob says couldn't speak to Umpires and Match refs despite attempting to a couple of time during tea.

awsome stuff from pakistan, very proud of them i dont care if they make us last in the rankings...nothing matters...i am so happy...u cant baby pakistan anymore...we shud have done this along time ago

Waisay chaps - we are watching history being made at OVAL today - how will history judge us ? does it matter ?

PAKISTAN has made me proud, this match was still favoured towards a probable pakistan win and the dirty hair and billy doctrove wanted to steal this match too as they did headingley test match.

No way are we taking **** from racist pigs NO BLOODY WAY. I don't give a toss about the match anymore, no way are the pakistan team continuing with a false accusation on them. First the ******* hair and doctrove change the ball and then let ********** choose a ball of his liking. Bloody cheaters, i am furious i could kill the umpires if i had to.

For me pakistan has won this series 2-1 since headingley match would have gone pakistan's way if hair and doctrove not had cheated blatantly on day one and day four of the third test. Here at oval pakistan has been dominating from day one and the umpires felt a shortwhile back that if pakistan bowlers got the ball to reverse swing then wickets could fall quickly and pakistan could wrap up the match.

I don't care pakistan forfeits this match but standing up for a just principle is better than be humiliated for a crime you did'nt do. Pakistan has taken a bold step and have made up proud.

I LOVE YOU PAKISTAN, P A K I S T A N ZINDABAD

Last edited:
I don't agree with what Pakistan are doing here, tehy should deal with this matter after the game because at the moment, they are well placed for a victory which they need, and teh 5 penalty runs aren't gonna make too much of a difference.

evertonfan said:
I don't agree with what Pakistan are doing here, tehy should deal with this matter after the game because at the moment, they are well placed for a victory which they need, and teh 5 penalty runs aren't gonna make too much of a difference.

again u and ur penalty runs :)))

evertonfan said:

:))) :))) U think its teh penalty runs? :))) :)))

evertonfan said:

Well loosing our self respect and dignity is more important than loosing a meaningless Test match

5.10pm Kamran Akmal has been called back into the dressing room, presumably for a team meeting, whereas Shoaib Akhtar has left. They're shaking hands on the balcony. David Morgan, the ECB chairman, has just shaken hands with Zaheer Abbas. Now Morgan and Sharayar Khan, the chairman of the PCB, are sitting around to have crisis talks. Stay with us.

5.10pm Kamran Akmal has been called back into the dressing room, presumably for a team meeting, whereas Shoaib Akhtar has left. They're shaking hands on the balcony. David Morgan, the ECB chairman, has just shaken hands with Zaheer Abbas. Now Morgan and Sharayar Khan, the chairman of the PCB, are sitting around to have crisis talks. Stay with us.

something is on

5.15pmThe Pakistan officials and David Morgan are now going into the Pakistan dressing room for talks.

Big boy stuff is going on. Shoaib Akhtar being thrown out is very fresh.

I bet Afridi is feeling pretty sheepish in the dressing room while everyone else comments on how they are not cheats. We be on MUCH higer moral ground if that pitch scuffing thing never happened. We are STILL on good ground. However i know if i argue with someone in college about this they will bring up the afridi incident.

botham for once is saying some amazing stuff here agreeing totally with pakistan and what they are doing and he would do the same

5.20pm Here's what Andrew Miller has for us. "The issue would seem to boil down to evidence. Has Darrell Hair got any proof that the Pakistanis were tampering with the ball? Did he see a specific player scratch at the seam, or did he take a look at a ball that is 64 overs old and draw his own conclusions? As Ian Botham has just said on Sky Sports, it's a matter of honour to the Pakistanis. If Hair has no proof, then they are well within their rights to take this stance." Thanks for that update, Andrew.

Botham Man I love you now.

Does anyone think that this could be very bad for Pakistani cricket, or all the players will be banned or something?

The_Cricket_Devil said:
botham for once is saying some amazing stuff here agreeing totally with pakistan and what they are doing and he would do the same

is he doing this because england losing

i have never been prouder of losing a series 3-0 versus whatever 2-1 could have happened under these circumstances

:14: mashallah Pakistan well done :14:

Pepsi™ said:
Does anyone think that this could be very bad for Pakistani cricket, or all the players will be banned or something?

no way :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i don't believe it.look at sharyar bas*** telling the pak team to come out.

for god sake they should make zaheer abbas the chairman.

5.25pm In a further surprising twist, the covers are now coming off and that's greeted by a huge cheer. But the stumps have still not been replaced.

LOL! The umpires might now come out now.

5.27pm A ha, the Pakistan team have spoken with Mike Procter, the match referee, and have apparently confirmed that they will take the field.

:12: :12:

This is soooo stupid yaar. I cant believe inzy is being forced to come out.
Obviously i dont know what is happening there but NO WAY inzy changed his mind independently.
Ek thos blame inzy for being non-aggressive and when he DOES make a stand for his principles he's forced out of it. Bechara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back