4th Test, Day 4: Eng vs Pak updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
"5 penalty runs added to england's total due to unfair changing of the ball's condition"

written at the bottom and it makes me fume at the accusation....inzi has left the field btw perhaps bob will assess the situation with him

The_Cricket_Devil said:
the max we should allow england to lead is 100 if even that and preferably get em all out or 8-9 down by the end of today

I can't see England getting a lead of more than 100 but really this pitch is easily good enough for a chase of 250.

Billy said:
I can't see England getting a lead of more than 100 but really this pitch is easily good enough for a chase of 250.

sonny, a chase of 250 wudnt be possible! not enuf time!

Billy said:

lead of over 100 is easy if this partnership dosn't break to early

But he should also discern Inzi for not taking matters more seriously, or for that matter not doing much about it.

Pepsi™ said:
Wonder what would happen if there is no evidence?

there better be some serious reprecussions for the onfield umpires.

public phainty administered live on tv in pakistan would be great with the ball being accused of tampering stuffed up penguin man's ****!

Imran_The Man! said:
Atherton praising Pak-sters for dealing with situation with great dignity.
Dignity will mean JACK in the tabloids tomorrow!

kaneria back on and starts with a short and wide one which is cut for 4

haha did michael holding just call kaneria "careeria"?

The_Cricket_Devil said:

public phainty administered live on tv in pakistan would be great with the ball being accused of tampering stuffed up penguin man's ****!

But can they be fined, or fired or soemthing?

The_Cricket_Devil said:

Yeah, they'll be subject to a meaningless ceremony involving an old lady touching their shoulders with a sword

I don't think that the comentrators have seen anything, and they are constantly sounding as if the umpires better have seen something

and i think at the end it will turn out that the ball had a small scratch from boundary board or something and hair just doing his best for england

Pepsi™ said:
But can they be fined, or fired or soemthing?

i would think so or at least some sort of suspension because this is about as serious of an accusation u can get in cricket

Oxy™ said:
Dignity will mean JACK in the tabloids tomorrow!

Very true Oxy. we'll get it however we react, I remenber '92 as well.

Inzi PCB need to come out fighting post-play tonight, differnece this time round I think Bob's cool head and savvy will serve us well.

Lead is almost wiped out .. last session will decide if pak is going to win or it will be a draw.

shan said:
what was bhotham saying

thank god he wasn't was on commentary box

Botham was showing a video analysis of the trajectory of the ball before it was replaced. It was moving like crazy in the air - pretty dramatic movement.
They showed the new ball (after replacement) and it was dead straight.
Conclusion: Darrel Hair should be dropped in the middle of the tribal areas and be subjected to numerous gang rapes.

As for Botham, he was indifferent to wheher the ball was tampered. He admitted that the umpires would need to show evidence but his inbuilt white man's superiority-complex bias didnt allow his ti comment on how unfair it was.

This match is going nowhere. Our players look totally deflated and the farangs are just waiting it out content with the fact that theyve screwed their way into drawing this match.

Man i am so sooo glad Cristiano Ronaldo singlehandedly shoved a stick up this entire country's ass.

Last edited:
Pakola said:
This match is going nowhere. Our players look totally deflated and the farangs are just waiting it out content with the fact that theyve screwed their way into drawing this match.

Man i am so sooo glad Cristiano Ronaldo singlehandedly showed a stick up this entire country's ass.

Our day will come aswell. Patience is required but I am sure our day will come

Pakistan need to focus on the game and try to forget what has happened. Lets get behind the team, come on Pakistan!!!!!!

light meter comes out and the session ends as there is some bad light

hopefully we get some info from umpires now

HOW is this "a good character builder for england".
Cook was out thrice and this match should have been done and dusted when the ball started moving

The last thing we need now is play being called off! Especially with the English batting.

Pakola said:
As for Botham, he was indifferent to wheher the ball was tampered. He admitted that the umpires would need to show evidence but his inbuilt white man's superiority-complex bias didnt allow his ti comment on how unfair it was.

Pakola said:
Man i am so sooo glad Cristiano Ronaldo singlehandedly showed a stick up this entore country's ass.

**** you. What has this got to do with this country or the colour of a person's skin?

Why should Botham come out and say it's unfair? He's quite right in saying that we should wait and see what proof (if any) the umpires are able to provide. To condem them at this stage would premature.

Pakola said:
england still have to earn a draw.

when hair signalled 5 runs i could just imagine him doing the hitler salute, i just got that image in me hed

By the way please check out Kevin Pietersen's picture on the main page of crricinfo.
He's a great batsman and id have him in my World 11 but it shows what a frigging ugly batsman he is. He is NOT an atractive strokemaker. I anybody considers him pleasing to watch then Dhoni is the next Lara.

Pakola said:
Ok boys. Now lets find out what prompted Hair to report the ball, other than the fact that in an indirect way it reminded him of the guy who banged his wife and mother.

Get a grip on yourself man! We are all angry but we are not resorting to these kinds of words

Pakola said:
By the way please check out Kevin Pietersen's picture on the main page of crricinfo.
He's a great batsman and id have him in my World 11 but it shows what a frigging ugly batsman he is. He is NOT an atractive strokemaker. I anybody considers him pleasing to watch then Dhoni is the next Lara.
what's dhoni got to do with it .. i like the guy.. he is a treat to watch.

What happened? I read the Cricinfo Headlines Ball Controversy mars Session. What it all about?

"disgust" by Rameez.
YES! Rameez makes it a point to mention there was a similar reverse at a similar time in the English innings.

Gower says there is NO video evidence.

Even Both saying no evidence om sky footage " and we cover everything", and not happy way umpires have handled this!

overlord said:
WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE - David Loyd on Sky Sports

Botham is implying that the umpire can base their accusation on something only THEY have seen.

Botham just said that they Looked thru every single footage and there is no evidence

Dude look at the accusatory way Hair looks at Asif cleaning the ball. Dude u KNOW hair has amde up hius mind form the way he is watching these "dirty brown pakis who england should still be ruling."

cameras are every where and especialy they are all looking at the ball all the time

Pakola said:
Dude look at the accusatory way Hair looks at Asif cleaning the ball. Dude u KNOW hair has amde up hius mind form the way he is watching these "dirty brown pakis who england should still be ruling."

Well said. Its so obvious, if Asif wanted to tamper then he would have done it when he fielded the ball.

from cricinfo

"Playing regulation 42.1.2 (b) for this series also says: "In the event that a ball has been interfered with and requires replacement the batsman at the wicket shall choose the replacement ball from a selection of six other balls of various degrees of usage (including a new ball) and of the same brand as in use prior to the contravention."
"

This explains why batsmen were allowed to choose the new ball ...

Have they shown anything to prove that the ball was tamepered with?

chuck said:
from cricinfo

"Playing regulation 42.1.2 (b) for this series also says: "In the event that a ball has been interfered with and requires replacement the batsman at the wicket shall choose the replacement ball from a selection of six other balls of various degrees of usage (including a new ball) and of the same brand as in use prior to the contravention."
"

This explains why batsmen were allowed to choose the new ball ...

Have they shown anything to prove that the ball was tamepered with?

No. And they don't have any video either.

Pakola said:
Botham is implying that the umpire can base their accusation on something only THEY have seen.

Not quite..he said "I hope the umpires haven't acted 'cos they THINK they've seen something..not good"

Suprised at his comments, praising the way Pak reacted.

no evidence .. there is got to be some serious reaction fom pak now.

Its a good thing I wasn't captain. I would have taken the ball and thrown it at his fat ass stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back