4th Test, Day 4: Eng vs Pak updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
i say this'll be all good in terms of the ball in about 8 overs when we get the new ball so england wont' reap too much more benefit with this old (and OLD is an understatement for this ball) ball

Botham is making a very good point....that is if the umpires have made this decision based on their thinking that the ball is tempered it is wrong, but if there is evidence then it is okay and there doesn't seem to be any evidence so far....Imran would have walked off I know and it shows Inzamam very very weak and apathetic.

Asif really did NOT need this. Neither did the team.
It took them forever to recover from Faisal's dropped catch and now they need to recover from this. THANK God new ball is around the corner.

If there is no evidence later on and Inzamam took this straight up his rear end I would like him not to captain this side.....It shows lack of guts big time....I would be disgusted

I would love to see Pakistan boycotting any games being umpired by hair & co.

CricketJunoon said:
Botham is making a very good point....that is if the umpires have made this decision based on their thinking that the ball is tempered it is wrong, but if there is evidence then it is okay and there doesn't seem to be any evidence so far....Imran would have walked off I know and it shows Inzamam very very weak and apathetic.
agree ... Inzi shud hv shown some spine there.

CricketJunoon said:

But see, he also handeled it with dignity. Yes, it was wrong. But he sorta took it like a man, and he's like ok fine. You can do ****, but ur not making me go off. I am still gonna play and kick England's ass. Think of it like that.

Pepsi™ said:
But see, he also handeled it with dignity. Yes, it was wrong. But he sorta took it like a man, and he's like ok fine. You can do ****, but ur not making me go off. I am still gonna play and kick England's ass. Think of it like that.
not reacting is also tatamount to accepting the accusation and it's a very serious allegation.

Uh oh.
I saw Woolmer carrying a rule book to the match umpire's office.
That SEEMS to suggest that he is not getting through to the authorities and they arent listening to reason.

chuck said:
not reacting is also tatamount to accepting the accusation and it's a very serious allegation.

But think about it. What good would it do walking off. Only ruin our chances of victory. Inzi showed that what they did won't hurt him.

Pepsi™ said:
I agree with you but there are some occasions where you have to get a little aggressive as otherwise it can show you are weak or guilty......Gentlemaness is good but to a point and there are some defining moments where aggression is a necessity.

Pepsi™ said:
But think about it. What good would it do walking off. Only ruin our chances of victory. Inzi showed that what they did won't hurt him.
agreed .. i am not saying he should have walked off ... he shud have requested for proof before continuing with the game or some kind of protest ... meekly accepting it shows that umpire was right and the whole pak team has been tainted forever.

Basically for inzi it was neither about taking it like a man or being aggressive.

However, inzi was left startled, like a deer in shock after seeing a pair of lights coming towards him.

Inzi didn't have a clue as how he should react, something you get when you don't have the brightest bulb in the building captaining your side.

For moments like this you need someone like Afridi or Akhtar as your captain

chuck said:
agreed .. i am not saying he should have walked off ... he shud have requested for proof before continuing with the game or some kind of protest ... meekly accepting it shows that umpire was right and the whole pak team has been tainted forever.
Exactly...well said

overlord said:
Basically for inzi it was neither about taking it like a man or being aggressive.

However, inzi was left startled, like a deer in shock after seeing a pair of lights coming towards him.

Inzi didn't have a clue as how he should react, something you get when you don't have the brightest bulb in the building captaining your side.

For moments like this you need someone like Afridi or Akhtar as your captain

Or Younis, even.

from the way Zaheer abbas was talking to inzi, it seemed as if there may be some fault on our side as well .... but for now it seems more so that Hair is running his own agenda.

Pepsi™ said:
Or Younis, even.

younis is way to 'happy go lucky' .... he'd have prolly thanked the umpires for call and wished good luck to Cheaterson

overlord said:
younis is way to 'happy go lucky' .... he'd have prolly thanked the umpires for call and wished good luck to Cheaterson

:))) :)))

Geoff Boycott is saying we all tampered ball when we were playing county cricket. The bowlers should be allowed to do whatever they want with the ball because the game has shifted too much in favor of bowlers. He is saying it is ridiculous, they have no case. It is ludicorous he says. He says Darrel Hair hates Pakistan and there is a grudge between Pakistan and Hair, also Pakistan complained officially against his umpiring after 3rd test.

PapaBear said:
Geoff Boycott is saying we all tampered ball when we were playing county cricket. The bowlers should be allowed to do whatever they want with the ball because the game has shifted too much in favor of bowlers. He is saying it is ridiculous, they have no case. It is ludicorous he says. He says Darrel Hair hates Pakistan and there is a grudge between Pakistan and Hair, also Pakistan complained officially against his umpiring after 3rd test.
He is also saying he has seen better umpires in his time but these umpires are not professionals. Who has done it? Does umpire know? who are they going to blame?

PapaBear said:

Where did u get this from?
Boycott is already my god. This just confirms my love for him.

Game to start in 1 minute.

Pak team no where to be seen:)

This had to be done. Darrell Hair has been on the radio to the White House - Bush to strike Pak anytime soon!

Well Done Pakistan I Thought They Should Have Stayed On But This Is The Right Desicion Now!!!! Pakistan Zindabad!!!!!!!!

Look if we ARE thinking of not coming out lets stick to our guns at least. Dont let umpires sweet talk us out.

Botham is actually hiniting that Pakistan are justified in staying out

Has some one 'hacked' into Bothams brain - man! That court case from 1992 has indelibly stained him!

No doubt Hair will forfeit the game on Pak's behalf!

Pak had to make a stand - they are doing that.

Lets have some public comment! Keeping the spectators in the dark is out of order.

Whats happened guys ? I am not watching this live - have Pak refused to come out ?

pak_all_the_way said:
yup

whats was zaheer abbas saying to u on the fone MIGGY
He's asking if we should come out to play....

4.45pm Zaheer Abbas, Pakistan's manager, is talking on his mobile phone on the balcony, but no sign of Inzamam or Bob Woolmer, the Pakistan coach, who was seen before tea striding towards the match referee's office with the rule book in hand.

No doubt about it, we've got a protest in progress here.

4.40pm Now then, this is interesting. The umpires are out there, but the Pakistanis are not coming out of the dressing-room. We could have a bit of an incident here.

The slow-hand claps start to ring out ... but there is nothing doing from the Pakistanis. The England batsmen are ready, and now the umpires are having to troop back indoors.

Inzy was threatening to come out, it would seem, but now they are going deeper back into the bowels of the pavilion. I sense a major incident is about to kick off here

Umpire Fair comes out - followed by Eng

I think Pak will be booed.

Kami is on the balcony - doesnt look ready to come out - he is reading a newspaper!!! Wah wah Kami yaar!

finally we have something about this Hair problem. Darell hair should be made to look like a fool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back