Australia v England | 3rd Ashes Test | Perth | Day 3 | 15/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azlan Khan

T20I Debutant
Runs
England are trying their best to battle it out.

180/4 after 68 overs. They trail by 205 runs.

Ian Bell is on 9 while, Ben Stokes is on 14.

MJ needs to take wickets with the form he's in , being wicket-less doesn't suit him .

Ben Stokes doesn't look like he'll hang around too long and with prior's form and a shaky tail, Bell needs to score at a good rate . The goal should be to reach at least 260 .

Painful knock by Bell comes to an end. That's the problem if you don't look to score consistently. He batted for so long and still contributed only 15 odd runs.

Last edited:
This Test and the Ashes is gone, only thing to look forward to if it's going to be a whitewash :bumble

I felt prior's runs i the last test weren't that meaningful more slogging in a lost cause and i think that shot showed he's still in bad nick.

Ah Broad, your lack of courage is uninspiring.

MJ is doing his job, actually Watto has been good with the ball this game *cue injury*

Bresnan has to score here , he has been selected ahead of other bowlers on the basis of his batting.

Hard to believe broad has a test ton, johnson has turned him from a solid number 8 to a timid number 11 in just a few tests.

Broad was taking his eyes off from every single short balls bowled earlier. I was thinking that one full length will catch him off guard. Johnson did even better, put one good yorker. Disappointing stuff from Broad here.

Last edited:
Swann, Andersen, Petersen, prior has shown absolutely no fight so far in this series...

So much time we don't need to go berserk, longer we bat the more england are melting in the sun and the wider those cracks get.

This third innings of a test setting a total has been an issue for us in recent years as well, many of our huge collapses have come when we have a first innings lead.

Well, this is a bit disappointing after 90-1. The Aussies have bowled with commitment and the ENG batters just don't look up for a fight.

Flower will quit after this series. He has gone like Fletcher in his last ENG days - picking the same old team in the hope that it will magically come right again, instead of trying to shake things up.

Time for a clear-out. Get some guys in who have something left to prove.

Yeah i think cook needs a fresh start as well, always hard for a new skipper to stamp his mark when the coach has been in the team so long.

It was a huge issue for the aussies when taylor took over as bob simpson just had too much power for taylor to run the team the way he wanted.

Flower was a perfect coach for strauss but cook needs to stay skipper so he needs to have a say in the new coach.

Well, this is a bit disappointing after 90-1. The Aussies have bowled with commitment and the ENG batters just don't look up for a fight.

Flower will quit after this series. He has gone like Fletcher in his last ENG days - picking the same old team in the hope that it will magically come right again, instead of trying to shake things up.

Time for a clear-out. Get some guys in who have something left to prove.

yeah KP needs to be kicked out the team. He has played some mental shots under pressure. Thats just criminal costing the team like that

Another whitewash is becoming close to a reality with every passing day

This is the biggest warning to all teams, you dont fly over to Australia and expect a cake walk. One would have thought alarmbells would have ringed during SA's last tour there in which they had to fight like dogs. To some extent India, there was plenty of lip on how rubbish that Australian side was. Got clobbered 4-0 in the end.
Very dangerous Australia.

yeah KP needs to be kicked out the team. He has played some mental shots under pressure. Thats just criminal costing the team like that

If Cook, Bell and Prior had done any better then I would agree, but as it stands I think it a bit unfair to single KP out.

They won't drop kp, england have 7 pretty soft tests coming up in their home summer where the bowling shouldn't worry them much but if struggling senior bats continue to struggle then you may see some major changes.

If Cook, Bell and Prior had done any better then I would agree, but as it stands I think it a bit unfair to single KP out.

the problem is the type of shots he plays in the context of the game. Look when they come off he looks great. But i'm a firm believer of consequences

Last edited:
Broad is made of glass, get out there and fight for your country. They need you now more the ever, you can have the first flight home at the end of the test if you want.

Seriously what happening to England? No fighting spirit at all

1. I think Trott's illness has cast a shadow - some guys will be wondering if it will happen to them too. Bairstow's father took his own life.

2. Jimmy and Swann look over the hill

3. Flower has got too comfy with certain players and won't drop them, so they have got complacent.

4. Losing three tosses out of three never helps.

Warner seems to have some problem in taking-in whatever he dishes out when fielding.

Prior totally missed a chance for stumping. Eng should look to bowl out Aus cheaply and that's the only chance they have.

Last edited:
England on their knees bowlers trundling in keeper dropping :kami

1. I think Trott's illness has cast a shadow - some guys will be wondering if it will happen to them too. Bairstow's father took his own life.

2. Jimmy and Swann look over the hill

3. Flower has got too comfy with certain players and won't drop them, so they have got complacent.

4. Losing three tosses out of three never helps.

yeah i know about Bairstow's father.
Lol at the 4th point though thats no excuse.

Is Broad actually injured?

Since the beginning this has been like an old-school England tour of Australia where they couldn't win a game of hook-a-duck, people are on flights home within a month and everything goes wrong.

I have to say i never rated Prior with the gloves. He drops too many dollies for me. As a test bat he is very useful with the bat down the order. When on form that is..

The ashes are done and dusted,just formalities left now.
very dissapointing from england.

Just woke up and looks like England are simply not willing to guts it out there, only question is will they better England's 3-0? Personally think it will be either 3-1 or 4-1

If true, then that is truly soft. People suffer from these issues daily. Not all of them so lucky to get a leave of absence and they still have to feed their families.

Just all excuses. England took Australia lightly. Got a pasting and now are just mentally frail. Nothing to do with Trott, or Trescothik or Harmison or whoever else.

Still remember how Vic marks Harmison etal trumpeted this Eng side can stay no. 1 for a long time :91:

Warner has to convert this start into a ton. Clarke cannot keep scoring all the runs. Warner and probably Steve Smith will have to shoulder more responsibility

Also this heavy hammering of Eng will spice up the ICC rankings and next year SA vs Aus could be another 1 vs 2 series :13:

Whats the point of Ben Stokes, crap batsman, crap bowler, whats his role in the team? Bits and pieces personified

He is strictly a limited overs cricketer as of now. Just doesn't seem to have the pedigree for Test cricket

:4

Too many boundaries coming, Poms should slow down the things here. try and frustrate the Batsmen.

3/0 For Australia
and Thay had won The Ashes

What next defeat in MCG And SCG

England getting hammered agian.

Who would have thought the so called worst Aussie team ever would maul this so called great ENglish team.

When a team is mentally shot,there is pretty much nothing u can do.

[QOUTE="There were times when I would arrive at grounds all over the world to commentate and be given short shrift by my fellow pundits from rival countries. They would enjoy a bit of mickey-taking and old-fashioned banter because my team were being soundly beaten on a regular basis," Botham wrote in his column in 'Daily Mirror'.

It is not about other's failings, it is about England's brilliance."And thanks to the best team in the world, I can walk in and out of grounds with my chin up and my chest out," he added.
The 55-year-old English icon said England's reign at the top will last for at least a few years if not more as undoubtedly they are the best side in the world now.
There is no more debate to be had they are the best. The only question to be asked now is how long will they stay at the top."[/QUOTE]

get ready for banter Sir Ian :nasser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back