Australia v England | 3rd Ashes Test | Perth | Day 3 | 15/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warner all of a sudden is starting to look like a legend in this Ashes series.

Not long ago, he was called one of the worst ever.

How things change so quickly.

"There were times when I would arrive at grounds all over the world to commentate and be given short shrift by my fellow pundits from rival countries. They would enjoy a bit of mickey-taking and old-fashioned banter because my team were being soundly beaten on a regular basis," Botham wrote in his column in 'Daily Mirror'.

get ready for banter Sir Ian :nasser

Not really, two SC teams are touring Eng next summer.

Warner is a pretty good opener for Tests. His style of play will always result in some poor dismissals and cheap scores, but on good days for him he will score a lot of runs and quickly too. Not as good as Sehwag obviously but seems to have a similar philosophy to him.

Bresnan simply angling it away from the left handers at 84 mph. No swing/seam and Warner feasting on him. If Finn doesn't play the next match, I'd question Flower's sanity.

England getting pummeled here, its all over IMO Australia will have a lead of 350+ by stumps today.

I have always thought Bresnan is average at best, don't see why England keep picking him.

I agree with Robert that there are a few reasons for what we're seeing and the Trott situation obviously hasn't helped, but what it ultimately comes down to is that the team isn't good enough at the moment and hasn't been performing to the best of its ability. Obviously as an England fan none of this is pleasant to witness but 0-3 down reflects how this series has gone quite frankly. England look mentally shot in every respect and that is when you have already lost.

This is getting embarrassing, a definite whitewash on the cards

I'm not sure this Aussie team is good enough to win 5 Tests in a row. 4-1 or 3-1 is more likely IMO.

Warner is a pretty good opener for Tests. His style of play will always result in some poor dismissals and cheap scores, but on good days for him he will score a lot of runs and quickly too. Not as good as Sehwag obviously but seems to have a similar philosophy to him.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-new-zealand-2011/content/story/542902.html [ What Sehwag saw in Warner]

I'm not sure this Aussie team is good enough to win 5 Tests in a row. 4-1 or 3-1 is more likely IMO.

Eng should be able to win or at least draw one test out of the next two. Pitch will spin in one venue.

Last edited:

I don't see England winning a Test in this tour, 4-0 is the best England will be getting in this tour I think.

how a team as good as England can lose all the matches to a such an ordinary Australian side is beyond explanation.

really we talk about capricious selections by PCB SLC etc but Eng are no different why on earth you would select two bits n pieces for a test match Finn should have been there in place of Bresnan where is Jonny Bairstow the guy was doing well but selectors golden boy :amin Root is persisted with infact bairstow could have played instead of Stokes

Stokes wouldn't even make the NZ team :facepalm:

Where is the local talent England!

how a team as good as England can lose all the matches to a such an ordinary Australian side is beyond explanation.
England have made this team look like the old great Aussie side...

Warner all of a sudden is starting to look like a legend in this Ashes series.

Not long ago, he was called one of the worst ever.

How things change so quickly.
Always seems to do really well in Australia.

How does his record away from home look like?

This will one of the last tours if not the last for a few of these guys IMO.

There was an overhaul after 2006/7 Ashes and World Cup which eventually resulted in considerable success. We seem to be on a 7-year cycle here and it's time for new blood. I don't think it matters if we get whitewashed or not now, this has been an awful display.

There was an overhaul after 2006/7 Ashes and World Cup which eventually resulted in considerable success. We seem to be on a 7-year cycle here and it's time for new blood. I don't think it matters if we get whitewashed or not now, this has been an awful display.
KP looks done, he just doesn't seem interested in occupying the crease.

Whom would you drop amongst cook, bell, Peterson, Andersen, broad, Swann for good? I think all of them are still your match winners. Not sure what's the issue but they all still have plenty of cricket left.

Cook should step down as captain, it's bound to happen, why not now rather than 2-3 years down the line?

Stokes will bite the dust after this tour.

KP looks done, he just doesn't seem interested in occupying the crease.

I think there will be some very tough decisions taken in March, difficult to predict right now.

Among all the English players, Swann is the only one whose career is truly finished. Doesn't put as many revs and spin the ball at pace like he used to. The others still have a couple of years I reckon.

Whom would you drop amongst cook, bell, Peterson, Andersen, broad, Swann for good? I think all of them are still your match winners. Not sure what's the issue but they all still have plenty of cricket left.

I'm not advocating a mass cull. It's more things like, moving Flower and Saker on; accepting that Trott is not coming back and not pointlessly reinvesting in him like they did with Trescothick; forgetting about sentimental heroes of the past like Bresnan and Tremlett; and not dropping 32 year-old MVPs like Swann, Prior and KP but certainly waking up to the fact that they won't be around forever.

England are not that bad, what is happening here? They should have picked Finn for Perth, the current batting worries me. The batsmen are in poor form but does England have any replacement, they are the best and they have won in India which even the current South African team have not achieved.

We keep hearing how this is a ordinary Australian side, yes compared to Australia 2000 it may be ordinary but compared to other sides out there they are not that bad. They have played better in England than England have played here and we always give the saffers a good run. Probably having a bad series in India but that's about it, they still can beat Sri Lanka ,WI,NZ and Pakistan.

Mitchell Johnson has scored more runs than KP, Bell, Root and Prior

He is averaging 49.00 with the bat

I think Australia have definitely improved a heck of a lot. I even thought they did pretty well when they hosted South Africa. Could have won that series. Still some ways to go for them, but they'll always put out a competitive XI.

We keep hearing how this is a ordinary Australian side, yes compared to Australia 2000 it may be ordinary but compared to other sides out there they are not that bad. They have played better in England than England have played here and we always give the saffers a good run. Probably having a bad series in India but that's about it, they still can beat Sri Lanka ,WI,NZ and Pakistan.

You have just just one bat Clarke who can score outside Australia. No don't think you can beat Pak in UAE.

Like you did last time? :waqar

You have just just one bat Clarke who can score outside Australia. No don't think you can beat Pak in UAE.

Ok so you don't think we can beat Pak in the UAE, but it was you who said,

The point is this English team is good enough to beat Australia everywhere so why not Perth?

and we all know how that turned out. So don't be offended if I don't take you serious.

Aussies already getting cocky after beating some shot Englishmen :)))

i've watched the Ashes on the channel which takes feed from CH 9 but listening to SKy would be fun #chest-thumping

prior misses another stumping!!:)))
oh god,this is beyond ridiculous now,get these guys out of the field now,this is beyond embarrasing :facepalm:

i expected Eng to bat much better .

So far, they have hardly given any reasons to expect that. Also, this pitch is not so easy to bat if bowling is good. Aus bowled in good channels. You can score a lot if bowling is not right but Aus has been bowling well. That's why I was skeptical about a draw.

Yaah, Eng can still bat out of their skin and save this game but it will take a huge effort. Draw was never a high probability outcome.

This partnership reminds me of OZs of old days. Just causing pain and hurt to the English men

Prior's lack of form wit the bat has now translated to his keeping as well, horrendous with the gloves today

This partnership reminds me of OZs of old days. Just causing pain and hurt to the English men

even the English bowling is of 90s era Ealham Fraser n Mullaly trundling in with Udal or Croft as spinner toothless

Just nothing happening for English bowlers here. The lead is swelling , its getting to a impossible situation.

even the English bowling is of 90s era Ealham Fraser n Mullaly trundling in with Udal or Croft as spinner toothless

Fraser was better than any of the current lot. Had 189 wickets in 44 tests or something, including two eightfers overseas.

When was the last time NZ beat a top eight team in a test series?.

I didn't include Bangladesh.
Don't care we beat the aussies in the sport they love

Last edited:
How much of an advantage is it to have a guy in your team that can score at a 75+ S/R in Tests and is in form? Scary for the opposition

Bresnan and stokes are bits and pieces players, nowhere near strong enough in an individual discipline to make it at test level against the better teams. Regardless of how 'all-round' you might be, either your batting or bowling has to be good enough on its own to warrant a place in the side

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back