Australia v England | 3rd Ashes Test | Perth | Day 3 | 15/12/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for Watson's "awww no" from the stump mic when he edges it to slip

And why does Bresnan keep getting selected ahead of Finn and Onions?
Whats up with these bits and pieces players? Tim will never be a test nor international player for me.

How much of an advantage is it to have a guy in your team that can score at a 75+ S/R in Tests and is in form? Scary for the opposition

It's a huge advantage. Sehwag had a career SR of 82+. That was the main reason for Indians winning many tests on flat wickets even with not so good bowling units. It simply leaves too much time for opposition to even bat out time.

Last edited:
@soso

How do you think the Aussie batsmen will go in SA? Are you worried at all?

I think the Aussies will do well with ball but I see their batsmen struggling on those pitches against Steyn and Philander.

Haven't you heard the Wasimistas? Skill levels are more important than actual results.

LOL.

But honestly, I think Eng's pathetic batting has allowed Aus to play more freely otherwise Aus batting is also very shaky. That has made Eng bowlers less effective. Not saying that they bowled well but it helped to make them look even worse. Bowlers have hardly gotten any rest during the test. Some time they came back to bowl twice on same day.

Last edited:
I just came here to witness Warner reaching his ton.

I cannot bear the excruciating pain and hurt being exerted on England right now

@soso

How do you think the Aussie batsmen will go in SA? Are you worried at all?

I think the Aussies will do well with ball but I see their batsmen struggling on those pitches against Steyn and Philander.

i'm worried about their bowling than the batting to be honest. Some techniques will be brutaly exposed on either sides. But a 3 match series gives me great relief. It wont be a whitewash and i dont anticipate a draw in either of the matches. So 2-1 South Africa. Would appreciate a 3-0 but thats not happening. Needless to say i'm not looking forward to Harris in SA

David Warner Away

Matches: 10
Average: 25.20
HS: 71

You could mistake him for a NZ batsman playing in Bangladesh with those stats, but I guess they don't have the home stats to back it up. lol

Swann with the wkt.

Warner was trying to step on the accelerator there by the looks of things.

Clarke in next

You could mistake him for a NZ batsman playing in Bangladesh with those stats, but I guess they don't have the home stats to back it up. lol
Or another home track bully.

Last edited:
I'll catch the extended highlights as i'm watching the funeral ceremony.
The English are on the carpet. They need an Artheton type of a knock. Problem is they dont have a goat of a player. All soft under the belly.

So far, they have hardly given any reasons to expect that. Also, this pitch is not so easy to bat if bowling is good. Aus bowled in good channels. You can score a lot if bowling is not right but Aus has been bowling well. That's why I was skeptical about a draw.

Yaah, Eng can still bat out of their skin and save this game but it will take a huge effort. Draw was never a high probability outcome.

no chance now . 17 overs left today & 320/2 . closing score likely to be around 370. I f they bat till lunch & declare at say 470 , that leaves 150 overs for Eng to survive . I think match over for England .

partnership is 12 runs in 9.1 overs . Eng bowling tightly but too late imo .

Australia should bat till tea tomorrow. Gives MJ and co ample rest and opportunities for all their batsmen to score runs. More importantly it would crush England's spirit ahead of the 4th and 5th tests.

Clarke Bowled
This Remind me of SCG Test 2010
in Which Mohd Asif Bowled Clarke in Same Way

Australia should bat till tea tomorrow. Gives MJ and co ample rest and opportunities for all their batsmen to score runs. More importantly it would crush England's spirit ahead of the 4th and 5th tests.

leaving just 120 over to get 10 wickets ? improbable . Clarke will give at least 140 overs to his bowlers .
He would rather wrap the series here than look for psychological blows .

Aus will most likely declare around 500 runs if they don't get bowled out.

Just got back. Pretty much everything went as I thought it might this morning.

leaving just 120 over to get 10 wickets ? improbable . Clarke will give at least 140 overs to his bowlers .
He would rather wrap the series here than look for psychological blows .

England won't last on Day 4 and Day 5 against Aussie bowlers. The pitch will get harder to bat on as this Test progresses. You actually think England are going to eke out a draw here? Fat chance. Their batting is very fragile at the moment.

massive day for Australia tomorrow they will grab the Ashes for a good 5 years

I'm pretty sure Clarke wouldn't bat past Lunch, if he did he would be pasted here in the media, whether England will last 120 overs or not is irrelevant

England won't last on Day 4 and Day 5 against Aussie bowlers. The pitch will get harder to bat on as this Test progresses. You actually think England are going to eke out a draw here? Fat chance. Their batting is very fragile at the moment.

Why take a risk . Get 100 on day 4 & declare .England is unlikely to cross 300 .

tms : Australia batsman Chris Rogers: "There's a long way to go. We'll bat for a while tomorrow, maybe until after lunch, then attack England hard.

"The cracks are widening, so it's going to be hard to bat in the second innings for England. I haven't seen cracks like this at the Waca for a while.

I think get around 500 lead, that might mean 25-30 mins after lunch.

Keep england out there cooking and thinking about whats coming up as the cracks get bigger and bigger, we worked so hard to get into this position don't even give them a sniff.

I think get around 500 lead, that might mean 25-30 mins after lunch.

Keep england out there cooking and thinking about whats coming up as the cracks get bigger and bigger, we worked so hard to get into this position don't even give them a sniff.

Yeah.
That would still give us about 130-140 overs (taking into consideration overates).

I reckon he will declare when the lead is 450 or sometime after lunch.

I think the Aussies will go all out in the first 20 overs before the new ball is due.

Get that lead upto 450-475 to declare half an hour before lunch so Johnson/Harris can have a go at Cook/Canberry before the seeion comes to an end.

Warner will be man of the series batting wise unless his performance detoriates in the next two matches

Can the stage be any more set for Twatson. Chance for quick runs, England on the ropes, Bambi unable to bowl, what more does he want. If he can't get at least a half ton he should retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back