Australia v Pakistan | 1st ODI | Brisbane | Jan 13, 2017 | Pakistan Innings

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
Australia Team
SPD Smith*, DA Warner, PJ Cummins, JP Faulkner, TM Head, CA Lynn, MR Marsh, GJ Maxwell, B Stanlake, MA Starc, MS Wade.

Pakistan Team
Azhar Ali, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Rizwan, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Amir, Hasan Ali, Wahab Riaz.

Pakistan need 269 to win.

Should chase it IA. Hope Azhar doesnt play too many dots. We have the extra all rounder in Nawaz so we bat till 8.

We can only chase this down if Sharjeel plays a blinder here. Having said that, I won't be surprised if he edges it to slips in the first five overs.

We can only chase this down if Sharjeel plays a blinder here. Having said that, I won't be surprised if he edges it to slips in the first five overs.

You say that as if its a 350 plus score. Just need to play decent cricket and we can chase it

It's not a World Cup match so no pressure batsman should play positive cricket No tuk tuk please

Azhar Ali and umar akmal both will score century :)

I knew this was gonna happen they always do this! First choke the other team then give them free pass and then get out within reach of chasing a target,

Pick the gaps, run well between the wickets and hit the odd boundary - sounds easy but really that's all it is. This total isn't very high in modern day odi cricket.

The wrist-slitting is amazing to read. Pakistan have done really well to restrict Australia to 269. Yes a tad too much in the end considering Aus were 170/7, but credit to Wade and his luck.

If an international ODI batting line-up isn't good enough to chase 269 on a flat wicket with true bounce, then its playing the wrong sport.

If you would've offered me a total of 269 to chase before this match, I would have bitten your hand of. People are getting too worked up. If we cant chase this then we dont deserve to win. I'm happy with the bowling performance

The wrist-slitting is amazing to read. Pakistan have done really well to restrict Australia to 269. Yes a tad too much in the end considering Aus were 170/7, but credit to Wade and his luck.

If an international ODI batting line-up isn't good enough to chase 269 on a flat wicket with true bounce, then its playing the wrong sport.

Credit to azhar

Need a solid start

If our rr at 2 12 overs in 2 wickets down

We done
Then send amir back because he isn't worth playing when batsman/bowlers can't support him

This chase is like 350 chase for us
So be interesting

Pick the gaps, run well between the wickets and hit the odd boundary - sounds easy but really that's all it is. This total isn't very high in modern day odi cricket.

All things we're emphatically crap at to be honest. Tell them to slog from the hip and we'll be absolute champions at it.

Afridi pioneered the art and added another feature to it.....

With Eyes Closed !!

u have to learn how to chase these kind of totals otherwise u can't even beat Bangladesh :)

If you would've offered me a total of 269 to chase before this match, I would have bitten your hand of. People are getting too worked up. If we cant chase this then we dont deserve to win. I'm happy with the bowling performance
Yes before the match

To those who claim this would be easy to chase.

It's always better to have a look at first few overs by the opposition side, to get a true gauge of whether the pitch is flat or has something in it.

I don't think its as flat as people are making it seem.

If it was that flat, Pakistan would be carted for 300.

But a few overs by Australia will definitely enable us to appreciate if it is flat and Pakistan actually bowled well or not.

Pitch is as flat as a pancake. Everyone just needs to relax, we bat deep and we have strong figures in the line who will grind this out if need be.

As long as we can neutralise the Starc and Stanlake threat we should chase this down. Note should. This is Pakistan after all. I don't see this happening though going by our history of rolling out the red carpet to debutants.

To those who claim this would be easy to chase.

It's always better to have a look at first few overs by the opposition side, to get a true gauge of whether the pitch is flat or has something in it.

I don't think its as flat as people are making it seem.

If it was that flat, Pakistan would be carted for 300.

But a few overs by Australia will definitely enable us to appreciate if it is flat and Pakistan actually bowled well or not.
Pak have bowl well but bowlers can't do much when captain is looking to bowl full 50 overs when having the opposition 7 down for not so much.

Pakistan actually have a very good chance against a full force Aussie team,going to be interesting match sadly not able to watch

We need Sharjeel to turn up to give us that brisk start. Jnr also should play well as he likes feasting on the Aus. Hope Babar performs and continues his ODI form. Our hopes rely heavily on these 3 if we are to win this.

Come on Green team

Pak have bowl well but bowlers can't do much when captain is looking to bowl full 50 overs when having the opposition 7 down for not so much.

I thought Azhar captained well in this match.

At least better than before.

There is always room for improvement.

Seriously i am happy that pak have to chase a kinda competitive total instead of a 150-200 but still doesn't change the fact that they let them score atleast 30 runs too many

We need Sharjeel to turn up to give us that brisk start. Jnr also should play well as he likes feasting on the Aus. Hope Babar performs and continues his ODI form. Our hopes rely heavily on these 3 if we are to win this.

Come on Green team

He averages 36.4 against Aus, that's barely feasting.

Pak should win and for me MOM would be Amir.... I hope Pak wins. Cricket world needs Pak ODI resurgence. Also should be great for our rankings

Pak won't chase 270. What world are some of you guys living in. I can't even remember the last time we scored 250 in Australia let along chasing anything over 230.

We got Australia on a bad day today and they still scored 270. Expect scores of well beyond 300 by them in the remaining games

I thought Azhar captained well in this match.

At least better than before.

There is always room for improvement.
Taking off amir early(4overs) after he took early wickets,letting aussies take easy singles in between overs ,not looking to finish them off but containing them even though they are 6/7 down.
In the final overs everything can happen tail can slog a few,edge will flies,battters are not in two mind they will just looking for quick runs...
It easier to get the tail out before the final's overs too because they are in two minds:playing all the overs or looking for quick runs.

Needs to be some sort of restriction on Azhar taking singles off the last delivery of an over :mv

Pak won't chase 270. What world are some of you guys living in. I can't even remember the last time we scored 250 in Australia let along chasing anything over 230.

We got Australia on a bad day today and they still scored 270. Expect scores of well beyond 300 by them in the remaining games

Someone needs a 100, question is who is that someone.

Our problem is the run rate,we have lots of batting but we always lets the run rate climbs too high

Azhar Ali is playing test. Australia should give us 60-75 overs to chase

Unfortunately we are not that world class team. We are rank 8. Ind, SA, Eng, NZ, Bangladesh can chase it

If Stanlake walks out of field a new definition of bowlers made of glass should be coined.

Back