Runs
Come on Pakistan, we need a good day.

Pick up those early wickets!

Around 3 hours left! :D

Nazir_ Rules said:
Come on Pakistan, we need a good day.

Pick up those early wickets!

Around 3 hours left! :D
salam, yes bundle them out around 375, if we take our catches. Anything over 400 would not be a good sign for us.

The pace attack will need to make early inroads.

Hauritz should be pegged back or removed asap.

insaaniyat said:
salam, yes bundle them out around 375, if we take our catches. Anything over 400 would not be a good sign for us.

Wasalam brother, yes need those quick wickets, we have to make good use of that 1st hour of play. Put Ausis on the back foot.

Australia v Pakistan | 1st test - Day 2 | MCG |27/12/09

3 hours to go on the 2nd day. Pakistan right up against it, best they can do is to get the Aussies out for around 450 and hope the pitch seems as flat when the Australians bowl on it. Any hint of bounce and we might be doing impressions of lame ducks. We should see some good batting on this pitch, the Akmal bros seem to be the best hope.

cricket_fever said:
yup....wonder how many beach balls damaad is gonna drop 2day? any guesses??
let's hope he scores century. Today we need all of them iDamaad, iDone, and others. We need to first restrict there score to under 400. I know that is asking too much. I wonder how Asif will do today after telling the media no one supported him.

insaaniyat said:
let's hope he scores century. Today we need all of them iDamaad, iDone, and others. We need to first restrict there score to under 400. I know that is asking too much. I wonder how Asif will do today after telling the media no one supported him.

A strong opening partnership is what we need at the top of the order.

if we lose the test then this is what i want from moyo

Attachments

• explain.jpg
    explain.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 139
Clarke, North and Haddin all average over 40. Johnson is an all-rounder. So lots of batting still to come for Australia. We need 2-3 wickets within the first hour to have any hopes of bowling them out.

Inshallah the bowlers can grab some early wickets - lets hope the fielders are alert and take any chances that come their way

d0gers said:
Clarke, North and Haddin all average over 40. Johnson is an all-rounder. So lots of batting still to come for Australia. We need 2-3 wickets within the first hour to have any hopes of bowling them out.

This is why the first hour will be very crusial, and inshallah we will make full use of it.

If we lose i will become depressed and this is what i will do:

Attachments

• smok2.gif
    smok2.gif
    25.8 KB · Views: 137
cricket_fever said:

Thats how inzi felt after he got stumped, while he tried to hit a 6 to break the record in his final test match. :inzi

cricket_fever said:
aap aayen haym mujhy insaniyat sikha nayn?
:) lol. insaaniyat is just a cover. Like sunar kee dukaan par Allah kaa naam:)

Last edited:
I am sure Pakistan would be number one team if they have australian or south african fielders to support their bowlers..because pak fielders give minimum 1 chance to every batsmen

qaiser said:
I am sure Pakistan would be number one team if they have australian or south african fielders to support their bowlers..because pak fielders give minimum 1 chance to every batsmen

and those batsmen take full opertunity of it, any how i hope inshallah that doesnt happen today, its a new day, lets start fresh!

cricket_fever said:

That is fine but I hope none of us do this --- like you know "who";

200_crybaby15.jpg

:p

shabbu1 said:
Be prepared for a 500+ score :D

oh absolutely, I think there's no doubt there...unless Asif and Aamer rip through them in the 1st session, Pakistan will definitely be struggling later today

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
oh absolutely, I think there's no doubt there...unless Asif and Aamer rip through them in the 1st session, Pakistan will definitely be struggling later today

Pray for the best!

MIG said:
The pace attack will need to make early inroads.

Hauritz should be pegged back or removed asap.

I did not like the way Hauritz was batting, it may be difficult to dislodge him. Yesterday he faced 26 deliveries thrown at him with the brand new ball and he never looked in any trouble. Either the pitch is too good for batting or Hauritz is no bunny with the bat.

Watch out for him!

Last edited:
JeeraBlade said:
I did not like the way Hauritz was batting, it may be difficult to dislodge him. Yesterday he faced 26 deliveries thrown at him with the brand new ball and he never looked into any trouble. Either the pitch is too good for batting or Hauritz is no bunny with the bat.

Watch out for him!

He certainly is not like Chris Martin.

cricket_fever said:
if we lose the test then this is what i want from moyo
Let me give you Moyo's explanation in advance

Allah ki yehey marzi thee

I think :asif would be a handful for rest of the Australian batsmen and these are ominous signs for the ozs....Go :asif

Seen Sheen said:
I think :asif would be a handful for rest of the Australian batsmen and these are ominous signs for the ozs....Go :asif

he'll have to bowl an unbelievable spell to make something happen...this pitch is too placid for just one bowler to change the game, it will have to be a combined effort from all four...or 3 and a half in this case (Rauf :( )

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:

I cant see us taking 10 wickets. Asif and Aamir will try there best but without any swing they will struggle. I expect a declaration in the third session just hope we dont become ragged in the field.

We should target to restrict Aus to 500. Anything higher and we are looking at the barrel of a loss.

If we don't drop a catch(i know asking for a miracle here) I have enough confidence in the bowling that we will be fine.

JeeraBlade said:
I did not like the way Hauritz was batting, it may be difficult to dislodge him. Yesterday he faced 26 deliveries thrown at him with the brand new ball and he never looked in any trouble. Either the pitch is too good for batting or Hauritz is no bunny with the bat.

Watch out for him!
Mind you,Hauritz hit a fifty against the windies at the Gabba..He is no mug with the bat..He looked solid out there but dont worry,:ajmal would send him back pretty quickly(provided they open with him)

pak4life said:
I cant see us taking 10 wickets. Asif and Aamir will try there best but without any swing they will struggle. I expect a declaration in the third session just hope we dont become ragged in the field.

we might get 10, but it would be for something like 520-540...which basically makes it near impossible to win with our batting lineup

iafzal said:
We should target to restrict Aus to 500. Anything higher and we are looking at the barrel of a loss.

If we don't drop a catch(i know asking for a miracle here) I have enough confidence in the bowling that we will be fine.
The key wickets are those of Huss and Pup,If they are snapped up quickly,I am pretty hopeful we'll restrict them to around 400

iafzal said:

I guarantee that we will get aus under 450 if we don't drop any catches

Ahmed Zulfiqar said:
he'll have to bowl an unbelievable spell to make something happen...this pitch is too placid for just one bowler to change the game, it will have to be a combined effort from all four...or 3 and a half in this case (Rauf :( )
Hussey and Clarke are major threat.I am confident we'll pick up others pretty quickly..:ajmal needs to deliver today

Seen Sheen said:
Hussey and Clarke are major threat.I am confident we'll pick up others pretty quickly..:ajmal needs to deliver today

ajmal seem too conservative or scared to bowl doosra which none of aus are picking even the commentators.

qaiser said:
ajmal seem too conservative or scared to bowl doosra which none of aus are picking even the commentators.

The doosra should be a suprise ball he should not ball it too often.

qaiser said:
well I guess you too couldnt pick his doosras up :D ,he bowled way too many doosras for my liking,especially against Watson.He was starting to pick his doosra a bit better because Saeed overbowled it.He didnt direct his doosra too well against the lefties,also dropping it short at times...Against the left handers,he should look to bowl from over the wicket and then set batsmen up for lbw with the "2nda"
:ajmal

Last edited:
pak4life said:
The doosra should be a suprise ball he should not ball it too often.
Yeah,spot on.But the problem for ajmal was that he wasnt getting alot of purchase with his off breaks,so may be thats why he overbowled the doosra.. :13:

Seen Sheen said:
Yeah,spot on.But the problem for ajmal was that he wasnt getting alot of purchase with his off breaks,so may be thats why he overbowled the doosra.. :13:

Agree

How many overs have been bowled with the new ball? Didn't get to see the final session yesterday.

Inswinger said:
How many overs have been bowled with the new ball? Didn't get to see the final session yesterday.

It was taken at the end of 82 overs. So eight overs have been bowled with the new ball.

Seen Sheen said:
well I guess you too couldnt pick his doosras up :D ,he bowled way too many doosras for my liking,especially against Watson.He was starting to pick his doosra a bit better because Saeed overbowled it.He didnt direct his doosra too well against the lefties,also dropping it short at times...Against the left handers,he should look to bowl from over the wicket and then set batsmen up for lbw with the "2nda"
:ajmal

I did not see the whole game so that's why I missed it.

Inswinger said:
8 ovs have been bowled with the 2nd new ball........

JeeraBlade said:
It was taken at the end of 82 overs. So eight overs have been bowled with the new ball.

Its still reletively new, therefore we need to do the damage early on inshallah.

I remember in the Adelaide test Aus wer 400/4 end of first day & we went on to win that one ...Paks in much better situation , but having a good first session is imperative .

jusarrived said:
I remember in the Adelaide test Aus wer 400/4 end of first day & we went on to win that one ...Paks in much better situation , but having a good first session is imperative .
But there is a difference b/w an indian batting lineup and a Pakistani one....!! :misbah

qaiser said:
Not quite. He bowls and bowled it quite a bit. I think Warne and others were of the opinion he should bowl it LESS as it's supposed to be a wicket-taking surprise delivery.

Not that I agree with them. Ajmal might be trying to fill in DK's role for the righties.

MoYo seriously needs to improve in the creativity department. Kami had a chance while MoYo was off the feild, and he (Kami) immediately brought in Farhat. That itself created 2-3 chances in just 3 overs.

taaveez said:
Not quite. He bowls and bowled it quite a bit. I think Warne and others were of the opinion he should bowl it LESS as it's supposed to be a wicket-taking surprise delivery.

Not that I agree with them. Ajmal might be trying to fill in DK's role for the righties.

To me ajmal looked good to the righties, but to the lefties, he didnt look all that confident.

taaveez said:
MoYo seriously needs to improve in the creativity department. Kami had a chance while MoYo was off the feild, and he (Kami) immediately brought in Farhat. That itself created 2-3 chances in just 3 overs.

Agree with you, we need to give some more overs to part-timers.

taaveez said:
I didnt watch Farhat's spell.What chances he created???

Seen Sheen said:
I didnt watch Farhat's spell.What chances he created???

Umm, one was an inside edge almost hit the stumps (Simon Katich) and one was i beleive almost an edge off shanes bat.

Seen Sheen said:
But there is a difference b/w an indian batting lineup and a Pakistani one....!! :misbah

you need only two batsmen to have a good day & the pitch will be the best to bat on 2nd and 3rd day , have faith :)

We have to get them out before Tea or we will be struggling to chase them through out this Test match. Its a tall order considering yesterday's performance but it can be done.

It woud be good idea to start with a seamer and a spinner. Ajmal can block the runs from one end and Asif can go for the kill from the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back